F1: 2014 on PS4/Xbox One/PC

• Thread starter 0zzy
  • 515 comments
i like the Codies f1 games. Yeah, they're annual cross-platform titles, what do you honestly expect?

- Quality control.
- For the same save bug to not make its way across the game four years in a row.
-
For an official game to be, you know, official - using a custom HUD, and more importantly, short-selling the fact that it is official by not taking advantage of everything there is is absolutely ridiculous. It doesn't have to be introduced all in one game; introduce it in increments.

I'd like to know how it stacks up to Madden in all honesty, as that seems to make better use of an official license and it's just as frequently released.

People don't realise, if it wasn't for codies picking up the rights, we may still have no f1 game to play. Remember after Sony didnt resign after 2006 we had no game until 2009 until codies picked it up, so we have to think about that to. Better than nothing IMO.

The Sony F1 game on the PS1 is one of the best ones I've played. It was uber realistic at the time, and actually felt like you got into your TV, getting to play a live F1 race. It was brilliant! Just like Murray Walkers commentary!

- Quality control.
- For the same save bug to not make its way across the game four years in a row.
- For an official game to be, you know, official - using a custom HUD, and more importantly, short-selling the fact that it is official by not taking advantage of everything there is is absolutely ridiculous. It doesn't have to be introduced all in one game; introduce it in increments.

I'd like to know how it stacks up to Madden in all honesty, as that seems to make better use of an official license and it's just as frequently released.

The FOM for some reason wouldn't allow them to use the official TV graphics. CM tried to get permission to use it, but couldn't.

I am surprised how they keep getting away with ditching FP1 and FP2 licence wise.

Also what are the chances of sticky off track like in 2012? It is the one thing I hate most in any racing game.

The Sony F1 game on the PS1 is one of the best ones I've played. It was uber realistic at the time, and actually felt like you got into your TV, getting to play a live F1 race. It was brilliant! Just like Murray Walkers commentary!
it will never be back to that level, simply because Murray made the game, it was fantastic, but in terms of playability, no, not even close.

I am surprised how they keep getting away with ditching FP1 and FP2 licence wise.

Also what are the chances of sticky off track like in 2012? It is the one thing I hate most in any racing game.
Very likely, its an arcade game and they are too lazy to improve their corner cutting/runoff use for an advantage penalty system.

Now, that I never knew and it makes little to no sense.

A representative of CM wouldn't give the reason why, as he said it was confidential. But I remember reading somewhere, possibly just a rumor, that it's because the FOM didn't want game footage to possibly be confused with actual TV footage. Although even if that was the reason, or partly the reason, I don't really see why it would be a problem.

- Quality control.
- For an official game to be, you know, official - using a custom HUD, and more importantly, short-selling the fact that it is official by not taking advantage of everything there is is absolutely ridiculous. It doesn't have to be introduced all in one game; introduce it in increments.

To be honest, i have never experienced the game save bug across all three years. I guess you're assuming this game save bug will carry over just as the same? Unless you're counting 2009, I never owned a Nintendo Wii/PSP to experience it.

They should. But to be honest. It does the job... Maybe that's my problem. I accept it because I love the sport and there is this extreme rarity of F1 love in the states.

Like I said earlier, if codies don't do it, who will? When Sony gave it up in 2006, no on wanted the licence, that's why there is no game from 06-09. Apparently FIA wanted to much for the rights, who knows but it's better than nothing and I quite enjoy them. The one thing that ticks me of the most in 2013 is how quick the AI cars can go without receiving any wear to there tyres. I have to hold them up just to make the pit window to ensure my tyres make it. Doesn't matter if I change my driving style or setup either, the computer finds away to disadvantage me one way or another. That alone IMO is the biggest issue.

To be honest, is there a point in having licensed series games anymore? They completely restricted to whoever developer pays the highest amount and as of late, the products have been...less then steller. In the case of the F1 license, its far worse for the fact that its exclusive to one developer (instead of letting multiple developers have a go).
I also find the bit about the FOM not allowing CM to use the real life TV angles just silly. They have no idea how many people would actually want that, infact I'm almost under the impression FOM does not know at all what the F1 fans want.

Aa'said it before, aa'say it again: F1 was the most exciting from the 80s up until a few years after the millennium. That's it. Sport ain't what it used to be. MotoGP, FIA GT Championships, WRC and Lemans 24 etc. is far more exciting to watch.

I'd agree bar motogp, this year Marquez has made it boring, no discredit for what he has achieved, 10 from 10, is insane and possibly his 11th straight after tonight.

- Quality control.

Madden has plenty of faults on its own, but you have to be following it for 3-5 years to get an idea of what gets put in, what gets taken out, and what fans have requested for 1-3 years. The equivalent of us basically with F1.
To be honest, is there a point in having licensed series games anymore? They completely restricted to whoever developer pays the highest amount and as of late, the products have been...less then steller. In the case of the F1 license, its far worse for the fact that its exclusive to one developer (instead of letting multiple developers have a go).
I also find the bit about the FOM not allowing CM to use the real life TV angles just silly. They have no idea how many people would actually want that, infact I'm almost under the impression FOM does not know at all what the F1 fans want.
I find this silly. IMO, if you're going to have sole rights to everything regarding a sport, I think you should be given the rights to develop everything that has to do with it if you choose to.

Otherwise, who else will & can't?

Well haven't you heard of the standing restarts for next season? Means no safety car, they line back up for a restart. Daniel Ricciardo said every single driver was against it, yet it was cemented in straight away with out any consent from the drivers. I watched formula one for a long time and not once have the drivers been asked there opinions on crazy rule changes or changes to the sport, the FIA just do it. Yet the drivers are the ones who make the sport happen and endanger themselves every time the step into the car.

Most teams, drivers, and fans are against double points for the last race as well.
all the teams,drivers and hardcore fans are. This is how rigged little Bernie eccelstone has it. Cut costs for the longevity of the sport, which is good, but why every year now from say 1998 we have had to keep "cutting" costs. Now if he was investing this money back into the sport like he mentions he does all the time, then why is there need for more cut backs? More money in the pocket. Same as this bs double points, hoping to raise tv numbers for more money in his pocket. He is a fraud and a crook. Just recently if you haven't heard, he bribed a German tv network few years back, one particular man was found guilty of this bribe and is now in jail. Bernie on the other hand, pays 100mill fine and his charges are dropped, mean while this guy is still in prison.

Have you heard one in real life :P?
one of my good friends always goes to the Australian gp every year and you can always hear the cars from ages away. But this year he went out the front gate to make a phone call and by the time he had finished, he didnt know the practice session started as you could barely hear them. But still it's formula one and I love it.

I went to Formula 1 at Montreal for Practice Session 1 & 2. There stupidly quiet. Barely heard them coming to the pinhead compared to last year I heard those V8s from quiet a far distance.

Last edited:
Well haven't you heard of the standing restarts for next season? Means no safety car, they line back up for a restart. Daniel Ricciardo said every single driver was against it, yet it was cemented in straight away with out any consent from the drivers. I watched formula one for a long time and not once have the drivers been asked there opinions on crazy rule changes or changes to the sport, the FIA just do it. Yet the drivers are the ones who make the sport happen and endanger themselves every time the step into the car.
it has just been scrapped. no standing restarts, maybe the drivers said something but iam glad

That's excellent news, just scrap the double point now.
they are already regretting bringing it in.it will be gone next season, i would bet my mortgage on it. terrible idea that was brought about by vettels dominence last season

Only way this will work is if Daniel Ricciardo wins more races and needs those extra points, he has been the driver of the year so far. On ya Dan, keep it up.

Back