F1: 2014 on PS4/Xbox One/PC

• Thread starter 0zzy
  • 515 comments
Just don't understand why the announcement is left until almost August.
They probably didn't want to overshadow the release of GRID AUTOSPORT.

And they have already said they won't be producing content like Developer Diaries or attending conventions like E3 simply because they are trying to get their heads around the new hardware.

It's been suggested that they could do what they did in 2009, and only release for older platforms because they can't develop for the newer ones in time.

Oh cool. Kinda glad it's releasing on previous gen in a way... looks good. I hope it doesn't have the framerate issues of all the old games though...

And exciting to hear about the 2015 game. Finally glad to see they're releasing it earlier in the season!

So they managed to screw up the best livery of 2014 :indiff:

f1_2014.jpg

And, of course, anti-alcohol sponsorship laws in Bahrain and Abu Dhabi.

The McLaren livery is also the pre-season test livery, probably because the team have taken to changing the major sponsor every few races.

Martini is a alcohol and wine brand... So they can't advertise it in games without it being either T or M I believe.

Can't they just remove the Martini logo itself then? Why replacing the red line coloring with dull black...?
In Bahrain the Williams cars just ran without the logo, but they kept their original color scheme if I remember correctly...

Can't they just remove the Martini logo itself then? Why replacing the red line coloring with dull black...?
For the same reason they can't use the old Malboro barcode - it might be censored, but it is still synonymous with the brand. So even though it doesn't *say* Martini, it's still Martini.

It's pathetic how Codemasters couldn't even mange to make a new gen F1 game this year. EA made Battlefield 4 on new gen and old gen, Call of Duty was on both. EA Sports made FIFA, NBA, and Madden on both gens as well. Those were 2013 GAMES. Codemasters should have made F1 2013 on the new gen as well in November like ALL the other non-Codemasters games, but NO. Now comes 2014, they act like we will get a new gen 2014 game but STILL NO. Instead we get a half assed, carbon copied F1 2013 with new cars and tracks, nothing else. 2015 will finally arrive, we will once again have to pay $60, updates will probably be a total of $60 knowing this companies record. There will probably be no formation laps and no other life like features and will instead be the same carbon copied game at 60fps. It's time to give up the license Codemasters, give it to SMS.

Yep, F1 2014 would probably be released in 2017.

And that's just the Prologue.

Now onto new-gen. 2015 will see us release our first title on new-generation platforms. The game will launch earlier in the Formula One season and then go onto receive live digital updates. These updates will deliver 2015 content into the game as the season unfolds, ensuring you’ll be competing against the same drivers and teams you watch week in and week out!

We’re incredibly excited about new-gen F1 and we know you are too. We’re not yet ready to reveal everything about it yet, but we’ll have a lot more info to share once F1 2014 launches this October.

Cool its going to be closer to the season start. Also a PC version is coming along side PS4/XBO

I was a bit bummed to see that 2014 isn't making it to current gen consoles. The hardware is the only thing holding the series back from progressing. If we want all these suggested improvements, along with my personal favorite (60fps), then we'd have to use the new consoles. I think CM had started on F1 2014 a while back, seeing as how they worked a lot with the different teams to get the physics nailed down. Once you've put that much effort into development, it would be a shame to scrap it. I work as a computer engineer, and I know the PS3's architecture. It's a pain in the ass and doesn't respond to development like a PC or an XBOX. You have to tailor fit the whole development around it. That being said, I wouldn't want them to start off working hard on getting it to run perfectly, then scrap it or wait even longer for them to release the gen-hybrid version.

I, for one, will be getting F1 2014. A lot of people bash on CM for their decisions, but I see them as a developer who more often than not ends up doing the right thing for the fans, unlike PD and T10.

So the Codies guy on here said Grid 2 was Codemasters swan song to last gen and now we find out they are still unable to release their latest game on XO/PS4? WOW!

Good luck with sales Codies...It should sell more than Grid right enough (Would not be hard) but the sales will be very poor compared to sales if they actually moved to current gen.

Shambles.

Its so very obviously unbelievably clear why it isn't releasing immediately on the next gen platforms but your all too blinded by hatred for Codemasters none of you have taken the time to sit back and look at it.

The release schedule has a massive part to play, in the change to next gen the entire structure of how the game is being released is changing. Which did need to happen, and the best way to do that is split the releases so 2014 gets a release whilst 2014/15 can be ready for a new look launch.

Wake up people.

Back