F1 2015!

the improved AI (which from what I keep reading, actually races instead of just acts like a rolling chicane) and a different presentation style.

The AI can be needlessly aggressive to the point where the racing line is all it sees and will punt, pit, ram, or collide with you as a result.

And the penalties are about as inconsistent as the FIA, so I guess 15 points for accuracy? :lol:

I've never seen any of that AI behaviour. I have had countless wheel to wheel battles, on the hardest difficulty, some of which lasted for over half a race.

I've never seen any of that AI behaviour. I have had countless wheel to wheel battles, on the hardest difficulty, some of which lasted for over half a race.
Purely random, on an other forum I discussed for days about this and some people seem not to encounter this behaviors but they do exist (see my video on previous page). Pretty rare in comparison of when they behave decently though (except for blue flags).

tried it today for the first time, it's full of bugs but it is surely the best racing experience on ps4 way more immersive than project cars with better dynamic weather, better tyre wear, better tracks. don't know why people are moaning so much here.. this is an amazing game, it has a lot of potential for next here game

Must admit, I think Codemasters have done a good job with the offset T-Cam in this. It's right where it needs to be. I still think there needs to be more movement from vibrations but it does feel good racing in that POV. Cockpit cam still needs a little bit of work though. The T-cam view needs to come back a little bit more as well so you can see more of the helmet. It's too close in the way they have it.

Must admit, I think Codemasters have done a good job with the offset T-Cam in this. It's right where it needs to be.

That was one of the small things I was hoping for with 2015 so I'm glad to hear (and see) that its finally happened.

tried it today for the first time, it's full of bugs but it is surely the best racing experience on ps4 way more immersive than project cars with better dynamic weather, better tyre wear, better tracks. don't know why people are moaning so much here.. this is an amazing game, it has a lot of potential for next here game

I wouldn't say "full" of bugs, I could count the number of bugs I've encountered on one hand, but there are small bugs in the game. I also wouldn't say it's better than Project CARS, I think if you ignore the bugs in Pcars, which will sure be mostly fixed soon, it's lightyears ahead of anything else on console, but I do prefer sims. I totally agree with you that the weather is done really well, and it's a great platform to work from for future games this gen. For a first attempt this gen, building it up from scratch, they've done better than I expected.

As far as moaners, they'll moan no matter what. No game has what everyone wants. People moan about Pcars being too hard, or not having enough cars. People moan about Driveclub being too arcadey, even though it was always meant to be an arcade racer. People moan about PD not engaging with their fans, and then moan about things SMS says to fans, despite them being far more engaged with their fans than any other racing game dev. People are now moaning about F1 not being realistic enough for them, despite official F1 games never being realistic on consoles, and the fact that plenty of sims offer open wheel content, like the formula a on Pcars, or F1 mods in Rfactor and other PC sims.

I am a huge racing fan, and a huge F1 fan. Have been most of my life. I enjoy good arcade racing games almost as much as good sims, and I have probably played Driveclub more than Project CARS, despite Pcars being a better game imo, just because Driveclub is a lot of fun. I also spend a lot of time driving real cars fast, both on and off track (awesome roads where I live, out in the middle of nowhere, where you'll see maybe one car per 100km of road). I say let the moaners moan, they'll never be happy, and just enjoy trying to bring down those of us who actually enjoy a wide variety of racing games, and don't expect every game to be tailor made to us. We'll just enjoy the games while they moan online to anyone who'll listen. I know who'll be more happy in the end.

I wouldn't say "full" of bugs, I could count the number of bugs I've encountered on one hand, but there are small bugs in the game. I also wouldn't say it's better than Project CARS, I think if you ignore the bugs in Pcars, which will sure be mostly fixed soon, it's lightyears ahead of anything else on console, but I do prefer sims. I totally agree with you that the weather is done really well, and it's a great platform to work from for future games this gen. For a first attempt this gen, building it up from scratch, they've done better than I expected.

As far as moaners, they'll moan no matter what. No game has what everyone wants. People moan about Pcars being too hard, or not having enough cars. People moan about Driveclub being too arcadey, even though it was always meant to be an arcade racer. People moan about PD not engaging with their fans, and then moan about things SMS says to fans, despite them being far more engaged with their fans than any other racing game dev. People are now moaning about F1 not being realistic enough for them, despite official F1 games never being realistic on consoles, and the fact that plenty of sims offer open wheel content, like the formula a on Pcars, or F1 mods in Rfactor and other PC sims.

I am a huge racing fan, and a huge F1 fan. Have been most of my life. I enjoy good arcade racing games almost as much as good sims, and I have probably played Driveclub more than Project CARS, despite Pcars being a better game imo, just because Driveclub is a lot of fun. I also spend a lot of time driving real cars fast, both on and off track (awesome roads where I live, out in the middle of nowhere, where you'll see maybe one car per 100km of road). I say let the moaners moan, they'll never be happy, and just enjoy trying to bring down those of us who actually enjoy a wide variety of racing games, and don't expect every game to be tailor made to us. We'll just enjoy the games while they moan online to anyone who'll listen. I know who'll be more happy in the end.

well, it has a lot of bugs or glitches especially online, mainly framerate related (below a video). the problem is that they are game breaker. it can be solved with a patch i think.

I'm a massive f1 fan, i'll buy the game soon after some patches and wheel settings disclosure on forums. I hate to waste 10 hours trying to find a decent wheel set-up.. experienced that with pcars.

However I really liked the game and surely is the best attempt in the series. I suggest to all f1 fans to buy this.

PS: pit engineer is amazing

well, it has a lot of bugs or glitches especially online, mainly framerate related (below a video). the problem is that they are game breaker. it can be solved with a patch i think.

I'm a massive f1 fan, i'll buy the game soon after some patches and wheel settings disclosure on forums. I hate to waste 10 hours trying to find a decent wheel set-up.. experienced that with pcars.

However I really liked the game and surely is the best attempt in the series. I suggest to all f1 fans to buy this.

I can't comment on the online part, as I only play it single player, although I have seen videos of the online bugs. Seems 90% of the bugs are online. Only annoying bug I've encountered is during a race at Spielberg, when I pulled into my pit box, the mechanics of the team in front of me were out, and their car (a Force India) pulled half way in and stopped, blocking me from leaving my box. had to restart race, and hasn't happened since. Hardly a game breaker I know, but it was annoying as it was a one stop race so I was near half way through and had to restart lol.

Frame rate problems can be fixed with optimisation for each system, which will come in patches. Pcars had some pretty shocking frame rate drops at launch too, but already it's been improved massively.

What a deal! :lol:
image.jpg

WTH?
1ROTFL.jpg

IGN gave it 4.8/10, ouch... But I guess the improvement in graphics and such on PC is not going to be as evident as it would be on console, where it's on a new generation system. But still, 4.8 is pretty bad.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/07/17/f1-2015-pc-review?utm_source=IGN hub page&utm_medium=PC&utm_content=3&utm_campaign=Coverstory

4.8 is harsh really. It's a 6/10 game. The racing and your involvement in the management of races is actually decent. It's a small step up from last gen in that area. It's the lack of feel and physics, as well as all the other fluff that's either missing or doesn't work properly that make it not really worth the full price of admission for a lot of people.

Last edited:
Is the hopper system completely broken ? I'm on PS4 and despite trying everyday I still didn't have any online race.
It's supposedly searching for a lobby as I'm writing (featured race at Hungaroring) but it's already been 5min+ and nothing happens. (tried hardcore then standard, waited several minutes each time)

Sorry for the language but that auto-matching thing is complete ****.

Is the hopper system completely broken ? I'm on PS4 and despite trying everyday I still didn't have any online race.
It's supposedly searching for a lobby as I'm writing (featured race at Hungaroring) but it's already been 5min+ and nothing happens. (tried hardcore then standard, waited several minutes each time)

Sorry for the language but that auto-matching thing is complete ****.

Im also on ps4 and have never found a race either!! :(

So I went to the supermarket and saw that GameStop was right next to it. I was not going to get F1 2015 today but I decided to anyway :).
First, Gamestop didn't even have the game visible on any of the shelves (they were in a locked cabnet). I didn't preorder but they gave me a metal case anyway:
image.jpg

After the 700 mb. update, I was finally able to start playing. After about an hour of racing here are my thoughts:
Pros:
  • User Interface/graphics: I love the smooth transitions and metro design. I do wish that they had incorporated them into a F1 2010 style environment though.
  • Replay mode: They finally listened!!! It's fantastc being able to switch cars and have multiple angles. They finally use TV camera angles for the majority of the shots (hardly any or no Hollywood chase angles :D) The 30 fps in replay mode does not bother me since it is probably very demanding to do so for all 20 cars at 60fps.
  • Radio has been drastically improved and now very informative!
  • Physics/handling: Absolutely the best! The cars no longer feel like they are floating, they drive perfectly! In wet conditions you actually have to manhandle the car out of the corners.
  • 60 FPS: This definitely made the game feel more life like.
  • Track detail: Though not as good as in Project Cars; trees, barriers, asphalt, and crowd all look good.
  • Garage menus: I love the improvements to the weather forecast, being able to watch the AI make their laps, tire data, pit lane release reccomendations (red over 10, green under 10).
  • Local yellows and greens improvements: In the older games, it would take at least 10 seconds for a local yellow to come out and the lights never flashed like in real life. Now they instantly come out in F1 2015 and have the flashing lights.
  • "TV broadcast" A really good addition which hopefully doesn't loop a lot.
Cons:
  • No safety car or VSC
  • Lack of full customization in Championship mode (you can only choose between 3 options: for example, you can't do 25% races with full qualifying)
  • No option for 3 practice sessions outside of pro mode
  • Poor collision physics: Like in the older games, the cars still wreck like Touring Cars and not open wheel. Cars should be bouncing after hitting an opponent's wheel and getting airborne or flipping in a Sutil style incident.
  • Damage System and poor sensitivity: I hit the car in front with my right wheel but my left wheel breaks off. Codies have also not realized that F1 has wheel tethers.
    image.jpg
    The front wing also had no damage after that heavy collision.
  • Lack of the ability to create your own driver.
  • No Formation lap and post race lap (victory lap)

Overall: 7.75

Last edited:
Whats the difference between creating a full season in quick race mode and the season in championship mode? Is it just the cut scenes?

Because you can create a custom season in quick race mode with full qualifying over any race distance..

Yeah it's out today in the US.
But Haas' tweet implies their team will be in the game, that's the big news (or fake news). Or maybe it's just me. :nervous:

Yeah it's out today in the US.
But Haas' tweet implies their team will be in the game, that's the big news (or fake news). Or maybe it's just me. :nervous:
The wording is confusing, it can either be saying that we might get Haas cars (which I don't think will happen as it would be stupid to reveal their car to their competitors this early) or as a way of saying "To pass the time before next year, buy F1 2015!".

The wording is confusing, it can either be saying that we might get Haas cars (which I don't think will happen as it would be stupid to reveal their car to their competitors this early) or as a way of saying "To pass the time before next year, buy F1 2015!".

Yeah after reading it again I think it's the latter. They could've appear in the game by January or a bit later.
But if you think one minute to how it could be integrated in the game, it's very unlikely it happens.

FALSE ALARM ! :lol:

Back