F1 2015!

I see your post of this hilarious masterpiece and I raise you this:

Codemasters attempt at replicating the Sydney Dust Storm :lol::
image.jpg

image.jpg

Loaded the game on my PS4 and the 700mb patch.

Initial thoughts and they may change as I dive deeper into it, so this is just my initial impressions.

PROS:
60 FPS is awesome!
Fanatec wheel support is amazing. I have a CSW V2 with the F-1 wheel rim and the LED on the physical wheel rim displays your speed in either MPH or KPH! Very cool.
Smooth driving feel.
You are able to dance and feel the car around the track.
Better animations
The Pit guy is better at communicating
Fast LOAD times and quick transitions.
Better gearbox feel. 2014 was very hard to keep in the right RPM range with default settings.
AI seems a lot better to me, but need to run more to have a final verdict.

CONS
Color palette is too cartoon like given what PCARS is doing, but I know this is only going to get better in the next release I hope =) The f1 2010 filter would be better IMO.
Force Feedback is inconsistent when it comes to curbs. On some curbs you feel the rumble quite well, on other curbs the rumble is non-existent. That needs to be improved.
I would like a better sense of road feel, but it doesn't make the game any less fun to drive.

I haven't done online yet, but I need to run more fun offline races first.

Is it time for bed?? haha Zzzzzz

So I managed to pick this up on PC for only £17.50 and have to agree what people where saying about the ffb. On my Fanatec CSW v2 it's absolutely woeful when compared to other games I play. So bad that I can't actually play it with the wheel. However, using a pad it's actually really good. Haven't enjoyed any other CM F1 game as much as I'm enjoying this. I just wish the ffb could be altered to at least give some feeling and this would be a winner.

I think that's the best they can do for now, they've put emphasis on the FFB overhaul and they only came up with this slight improvement.
They just don't know how to do a proper FFB.

The muted engine sounds, dull physics, and lack of FFB and feel, especially on straights and when going through the gears, is what kills this game for me. You really notice it too after playing other games like Project Cars, which are so much more immersive in the physics and audio department.

The audio is good IMO.
Codemasters have pretty high standards in the audio department from what I know.

(BTW what's up with that shifting FFB I keep hearing about ? :D)

Just picked this up after watching a lot of gameplay vids,and realising the actual core of the game plays well - tyre wear,fuel,pit stops all work,good reports about the handling aswell - i can just about get over the loss of career mode,which i couldnt believe at first. The biggest disappointment for me so far is having to do a shortened qualifying session. To do that you have to make a custom season in 'quick race' mode.

Anyway,ive started a season with Alonso,Expert AI and 50% race length.

The first race in Australia was action packed! I qualifed in 15th,after struggling for pace....right from the green light there was an incident - Maldonado swerved into his TM Perez on the straight and took both their front wings off! Then after the first corner,Bottas spun out Eriksson.

I was pretty lucky with more incidents later on as i managed to finish 9th - it felt like a win!

This is what im loving about 2015,the races are so much more interesting and immersive than the previous games. Ive got the engineer talking in my headset which adds to the immersion,and im glad todays patch has added the tyre wear info on the right hand side.

I went to the race incidents screen after the race and it was full! This is very welcome compared to the dull races of previous games on the PS3 - there was retirements but you never saw what happened. I like to see AI cars making mistakes and getting penalties etc. Its not the same 5 or 6 drivers finishing at the front - there has been unexpected results already.

Overall,im impressed with 2015 after initially getting over the disappointments of the missing content....the handling is very good and the atmosphere of each race and track is well done. The feel of the car feels nice and the AI give you space at high speeds but its also very intense racing.

I was pretty lucky with more incidents later on as i managed to finish 9th - it felt like a win!

Speaking of lower points finishes feeling like a win in a poor car, I finished 10th at Monza in a Mclaren, on Legend difficulty!

I was also lucky to be able to take advantage of Bottas retiring, and Rosberg having a puncture later in the race. It was a really good race though, as most of the field (myself included) used a two stop strategy, but my team mate Alonso started on primes in 18th place, and went for a one stop strategy. The two Red Bull guys also did a one stop, but started on options.

I spent the whole race fighting around the 8th - 10th places with Saubers, Force Indias, and Lotuses. They all had me beat on the straights, but the Mclaren has great stability under brakes and in high speed turns, so it was a constant back and forth fight, lap after lap. The two Red Bulls ended up leap frogging me by one stopping, and I was able to hold off the other guys in my second stint, where I went for primes against their options. That led to me having more pace in my last stint, as they were forced to run primes against my options.

The last stint saw me come out of the pits in 11th behind Alonso, who had used his one stop strategy to jump a lot of the mid-field. We were both on options, but I had saved a little fuel during the first two stints, allowing me to run the engine on 100% for the whole last stint. I had to make up a 7 second deficit to beat Alonso for the final point, and did so quite easily, reeling him in at about 2 seconds per lap.

After that I realised I had a chance of catching Kvyat, who had also one stopped, but was on primes, and was lapping around 2 - 3 seconds per lap slower than me. I spent my whole last stint doing quali laps, and didn't make a single mistake. But even that wasn't quite enough. My tyres started to give up in the last two laps, and the final lap I only took 1.5 seconds out of Kvyat, and ended up finishing 1.4 seconds behind him.

10th place never felt so good. My season so far has been full of action packed races like this. If only the real 2015 F1 season was this exciting!

From the videos the gfx are good but I too wish they had gone for realistic look instead. CM simply don't know how to do it. But the tracks look nicely detailed more than Pcars and car models don't look bad, on par with Pcars.

Id actually take these action packed races over a career mode. It makes the races on PS3 seem very dull,even though i enjoyed them at the time. There was never any incidents recorded at the end of a race on PS3. I want memorable races,and you get them on 2015.

Speaking of lower points finishes feeling like a win in a poor car, I finished 10th at Monza in a Mclaren, on Legend difficulty!
On dry ? That's an achievement ! :eek:
If only the real 2015 F1 season was this exciting!
Wait until Monza then, you never know ! :D
Id actually take these action packed races over a career mode. It makes the races on PS3 seem very dull,even though i enjoyed them at the time. There was never any incidents recorded at the end of a race on PS3. I want memorable races,and you get them on 2015.
Can't wait for career mode to be back next year !

Yeah the whole race was dry. I just did Singapore, which had heavy rain the entire weekend, and I finished second. Set pole position in heavy rain by a significant margin, but the set up I used to do so was pretty heavy on tyre wear, so while I had to stop once for a new set of full wets in the middle of the race, the RBRs and Mercs all stayed out and did the entire race on one set.

I had enough pace on the new set to catch Ricciardo for second place, but Rosberg was too quick, and I finished 24 seconds behind him. Hamilton and Vettel collided on the first lap, which was lucky for me, as Hamilton didn't need a stop either, and ended up finishing 6th, despite being at the back of the field after the first lap.

Alonso didn't stop either, but he had no pace conserving tyres all race long, and despite me pitting, and being in the same car, I finished 59 seconds ahead of him lol.

The Mclaren is very good in the wet and in changing conditions. I do tend to set the car up to be very adjustable with the throttle though, and that tends to wear the rears a bit much. I usually try to find a balance between pace and wear, but I'm a sucker for a battle during the race. Usually it's a battle I can't win, and I end up destroying the tyres just trying to keep up with a better car lol. I'll learn one day.

Wait until Monza then, you never know ! :D

Can't wait for career mode to be back next year !

Sorry can i have some feedback from the guys on ps4 with the wheel?
I'm about to buy the game but on the official forum i've read that after the latest and second patch they spoiled the wheel.

It seems that DRS button can't be mapped anymore and it overlaps with HUD making impossible to use it.

Can anyone confirm?

Moreover do you have any feedback in general on wheel+ps4 combo with f12015?

I'm not reading of setting anywhere expect on a simulator forum in which i found interesting news like that putting the wheel on 360 makes you achieving 1:1 ratio in game.

Thanks a lot

Last edited:
Sorry can i have some feedback from the guys on ps4 with the wheel?
I'm about to buy the game but on the official forum i've read that after the latest and second patch they spoiled the wheel.

It seems that DRS button can't be mapped anymore and it overlaps with HUD making impossible to use it.

Can anyone confirm?

Moreover do you have any feedback in general on wheel+ps4 combo with f12015?

I'm not reading of setting anywhere expect on a simulator forum in which i found interesting news like that putting the wheel on 360 makes you achieving 1:1 ratio in game.

Thanks a lot

I'm not sure what second patch you're talking about. I only remember seeing the day one patch load on the PS4. Anyway, if you're looking for feedback...I think the wheel and the game work well. It's the best so far. IMO. I'm purely speaking from a PlayStation/F1 game perspective only. There are better wheel games on the PS4, but F1 2015 runs works well with the wheel and it's fun. I've spent a few hours finding the best set up/wheel configuration for my tastes. I currently use a Fanatec CSW V2 with F1 wheel rim and ClubSport V2 peddles. VERY FUN and very immersive.

FMW
I'm not sure what second patch you're talking about. I only remember seeing the day one patch load on the PS4. Anyway, if you're looking for feedback...I think the wheel and the game work well. It's the best so far. IMO. I'm purely speaking from a PlayStation/F1 game perspective only. There are better wheel games on the PS4, but F1 2015 runs works well with the wheel and it's fun. I've spent a few hours finding the best set up/wheel configuration for my tastes. I currently use a Fanatec CSW V2 with F1 wheel rim and ClubSport V2 peddles. VERY FUN and very immersive.

Good news, I was interested in this feedback too, as I'll be getting my wheel very soon. I've read some bad comments about the ffb in this game, but they mostly seem to be from people that are used to sims that have really good ffb. I was happy with the ffb of 2014, even though it wasn't exactly great, it was good enough. If 2015 has better ffb than 2014 I'll be happy with it. I don't expect super realistic ffb with these games, just like I don't expect super realistic physics. I feel they've done a good job of making it a good mix of arcade and realism. I've got Pcars for my fix of realistic simulation of both physics and ffb.

One question - Can you do donuts?

Physics in f1 2014 were so bad that you physically couldn't do a flick spin or do donuts. Low speed physics were completely non existent. So has the physics engine been overhauled or just modified...

One question - Can you do donuts?

Physics in f1 2014 were so bad that you physically couldn't do a flick spin or do donuts. Low speed physics were completely non existent. So has the physics engine been overhauled or just modified...

Well this is the only racing game where im satisfied with a 10th place finish after getting pole!

Had an eventful Austrian GP with Alonso - i had no pace in dry practice,but Qualy was wet - the rain got lighter in the final 5 minutes of the session,so i put on inters and posted a faster time - while all the other cars stayed in pits and i got pole! I found out after that 3 cars got DSQ for blocking in the pit lane?! So maybe no one could get out hehe!

Anyway,the race comes and its dry - and i know i will struggle. True enough,i get swamped on the straights by the AI and end up around 16th after 2 stops. But then the rain came again in the last 3rd of the race - i put inters on at just the right time,and managed to get up into 10th - and stayed there until we all went on full wets with 2 laps to go!

FMW
on the official forum on 22/7 a new patch for ps4 has been released. I don't have the game yet.

You're welcome mate. If you're an F1 fan I would recommend the game highly.
yes, i will buy it too.
I'm just waiting cause after pcars i learned that it might be wiser to play the game after some patches.
However is difficult to resist as i'm a massive f1 fan following every season since 1996 and even in a difficult moment for this sport (stupid rules) i'm still in love with it.

Sorry Paul didn't get the notification from your quote, and yes there's been a second patch which fixed several bugs including the 2nd gear stuck when exiting pit lane (VERY annoying) and added the car condition HUD on the right like on PC.
Didn't use the wheel since the patch so I can't tell.
On default the T300 is already more or less 1:1 though (seems a bit off between ~60°-120° steering angles).

Sorry Paul didn't get the notification from your quote, and yes there's been a second patch which fixed several bugs including the 2nd gear stuck when exiting pit lane (VERY annoying) and added the car condition HUD on the right like on PC.
Didn't use the wheel since the patch so I can't tell.
On default the T300 is already more or less 1:1 though (seems a bit off between ~60°-120° steering angles).
i'll buy and try it.. i just hate to have to mess around hours and hours to have a decent wheel set-up. The only thing a love from GT6 in fact is the plug and play wheel

Well guys if someone wants to share his settings.. i would appreciate :)

It's a rather shallow, underdeveloped, arcade button masher to be honest that's best played with a controller. Recommend not paying full price for it.

It's a rather shallow, underdeveloped, arcade button masher to be honest that's best played with a controller. Recommend not paying full price for it.
is it so bad?!
really there are very mixed review.. guys telling is crap and unplayable with a wheel on ps4 and guys telling is good. I've tried it few minutes so i can't really judged but at first glance i like it a lot.

About the physics, the game does give a good feeling in my opinion (PS4, DS4). Nothing too "deep", but enjoyable. The car doesn't feel like it's on rails anymore, the huge torque of those turbo engines is well implemented, you have to be careful exiting some corners even in the dry and on the grippiest tire. Even more noticeable in the wet, usually shortshifting is crucial to avoid too much wheelspin. Nothing too scary or undriveable, countersteer is pretty easy (but it can cost some tenths as it should be) and once you get used to it, it gives a good felling as I said.

Unfortunately, there's a big problem regarding top speeds against AI, at least for me. I've tried a lot of car/track/difficulty combinations, but more or less the problem is always there: AI is just too fast on straights, and too slow on some corners to make the matter even worse. Also, it's too easy to overheat the engine, which has a dramatic effect on the top speed. Last example with Hulkenberg, Melbourne, penultimate difficulty. I set the downforce to 1-1 (lowest) but it's not so helpful, even Toro Rossos and McLarens easily overtook me (despite the difference in terms of engine performances). Especially on the fast, long left corner before T2, it's like you're 30/40 km/h slower than anyone else. You can defend your position staying on the inside and braking late into the fast left-right chicane, your opponent usually leaves enough space to you and gives up, but this often causes some contacts/crashes behind you. Because being 30 km/h slower, there's usually a queue behind you. You let them overtake you, and you'll find them really slow in the middle of some corners, just at the apex. So if you try to change your approach to the "slow entrance, fast exit" one, you're probably going to crash into them. That's probably why their pace is somehow realistic when you're in qualifying or racing alone: what they gain on straights, they lose in corners.
If you manage to catch the driver/drivers in front of you, you'll almost certainly end up overheating your engine, which apparently always needs clear air in front of the car. And you only need half a lap reasonably close behind your opponent to overheat it, not 5 or 6 laps which could've been realistic. Just a few corners. And this, even while being really careful shifting before the red line and not using the "rich" mix of fuel. So you back off because your engine doesn't push anymore and you find yourself again with a Lotus Elise with some Veyrons behind you. It's a vicious circle.
EDIT: problem solved, apparently it's a common problem with the R2 trigger used as throttle.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back