F1 2015!

nah.. i bought it for project cars and other non-racing games. In general i'm not seeing any quantum leap compared to last gen.. especially in racing games.
It's been a while since I played on the ps3, but I still don't remember any game from last gen looking as good as those I play on the ps4.

Very underwhelming changes, long overdue changes that are hilariously hyped (AI faster into turn 1, don't make me laugh), supposed removal of one of the most key game modes (Career Mode), same handling improvements they talk about every year, overhyped graphical improvements (as if the weather in this game wasn't always one of the few graphical high notes). Did I miss anything?

Do they expect this game to revitalize a franchise that's been in steady decline? They're just banking on next gen hype.

Very underwhelming changes, long overdue changes that are hilariously hyped (AI faster into turn 1, don't make me laugh), supposed removal of one of the most key game modes (Career Mode), same handling improvements they talk about every year, overhyped graphical improvements (as if the weather in this game wasn't always one of the few graphical high notes). Did I miss anything?

Interesting statements considering the only state we've seen it in is an old build from three months ago. I get it, people don't trust codemasters after all the buggy things that went on with the other games but you're judging it before its even out.

Do they expect this game to revitalize a franchise that's been in steady decline? They're just banking on next gen hype.

So basically, like every Developer has and is currently?

Only reason i wont buy this like i didn't buy 2014 is the car's / rules. Unless there's classic formulas again. I can not even to be bothered to watch it on tv anymore. :guilty:

Only reason i wont buy this like i didn't buy 2014 is the car's / rules. Unless there's classic formulas again. I can not even to be bothered to watch it on tv anymore. :guilty:

I kinda feel the same way. The current turbo cars are just not exciting to watch (looks, sound) and the racing is basically just fuel/tyre preservation. To me F1 peaked in 2004 as those were the fastest cars. Even if MSC won everything, you know that they are always driving 100% on the limit and are the fastest racecars on Earth.

I'll probably get interested again when the more aggressive rules come in 2017, but it looks like this will be the first season that I don't actively follow since 2001 :indiff:

I kinda feel the same way. The current turbo cars are just not exciting to watch (looks, sound) and the racing is basically just fuel/tyre preservation. To me F1 peaked in 2004 as those were the fastest cars. Even if MSC won everything, you know that they are always driving 100% on the limit and are the fastest racecars on Earth.

I'll probably get interested again when the more aggressive rules come in 2017, but it looks like this will be the first season that I don't actively follow since 2001 :indiff:

It's very very sad situation. For me personally I am only intrested in motorsport. As a kid I watched a lot of F1 in the 80's and them guys were hero's playing with raw power. I feel sorry for modern world champs as they will never be regarded as good as the likes or Clarky/Stewart. Because of the cars. I blame all this on that poisoned dwarf (bernie) he is almost hundred so it won't be long until he croaks. That's the day i'll be dancing

I blame all this on that poisoned dwarf (bernie) he is almost hundred so it won't be long until he croaks. That's the day i'll be dancing

But if you blame him you must like F1... and you wouldn't have F1 without him... tough call, right? ;)

On-topic: Have CM actually given any firm release date for F12015 yet?

7.jpg

They've captured the authenticity of a face that asks "will I make I to the finish?"

It's very very sad situation. For me personally I am only intrested in motorsport. As a kid I watched a lot of F1 in the 80's and them guys were hero's playing with raw power. I feel sorry for modern world champs as they will never be regarded as good as the likes or Clarky/Stewart. Because of the cars. I blame all this on that poisoned dwarf (bernie) he is almost hundred so it won't be long until he croaks. That's the day i'll be dancing

Please tell me you're joking.

If they have a photo mode that they haven't told us about yet, I'll be very excited.

Completely agree with the gist of your post. Like Blatter, Ecclestone's departure is long overdue. Formula 1 was the pinnacle of motorsport 20-30 years ago and spectacle to behold. Can't bear to watch it these days. I think it's going to die a quiet death unless some significant changes are made.

Last edited:
7.jpg

They've captured the authenticity of a face that asks "will I make I to the finish?"

When he think's he is the sport yes i want him gone. Every time I see a Bernie says sign at a race I cringe, Like anything you got to say is worth any salt bernie. So yeah he can either go in a box or on his own accord either way not long now.

But if you blame him you must like F1... and you wouldn't have F1 without him... tough call, right? ;)

On-topic: Have CM actually given any firm release date for F12015 yet?

Yep I love f1 have all the ps3 titles from code masters but i don't see why i should love Bernie? Jackie Stewart done more for the ''Actual sport'' than Bernie. But if your only valued by the dodgy back room deals you do, and revenue you generate then yeah he help to bring it to this brink.

it's a bit like saying Communist Russian's must love there dictator Stalin if they love there country. I am afraid that's not the case.

Ontopic - like i said i'll pass on this again as the cars and rules and excitement is potato's . Ps are they the same pit guys again?

Yep I love f1 have all the ps3 titles from code masters but i don't see why i should love Bernie? Jackie Stewart done more for the ''Actual sport'' than Bernie. But if your only valued by the dodgy back room deals you do, and revenue you generate then yeah he help to bring it to this brink.

We'll have to agree to disagree I guess. Jackie Stewart's contribution has also been great but without Ecclestone's politicking and investment-brokering there wouldn't be an F1 sport around nowadays. The sheer amount of money required and the sizes of the venues required wouldn't be sustainable in little-league racing, and that's all it would be. Just as it was before Ecclestone bought Brabham.

We'll have to agree to disagree I guess. Jackie Stewart's contribution has also been great but without Ecclestone's politicking and investment-brokering there wouldn't be an F1 sport around nowadays. The sheer amount of money required and the sizes of the venues required wouldn't be sustainable in little-league racing, and that's all it would be. Just as it was before Ecclestone bought Brabham.

I highly doubt f1 would cease to exist because of Bernie it still be were it is now, But who know's how much better it would or not be ruled by some other mean's. History is one thing progress is another. like you said agree to disagree it's only opinions anyways :)

Unfortunately, I think that he's not only quite serious, but that his attitude is shared by a lot more people who simply aren't willing to say it.

The irony is that not only is it the wrong thing to say, but it's also factually wrong. As @TenEightyOne pointed out, there are massive amounts of money involved in Formula 1, and once Ecclestone leaves the sport - however that may happen - then it's going to be at the mercy of whoever carves up the golden goose. And given the current politicking between the bigger and smaller teams, there's a very real chance that the sport will end up in the wrong hands. Ecclestone might not be great, but the saying "better the devil you know than the devil you don't" springs to mind.

And you know this Just from some screenshots?
yes, if you look at the latest gallery you can see redbull and willims not having the 2015 wheel. While if you look in previous pages to the cars you can see the body is from 2014 season, the most evident is the mclaren with its specific rear suspesion adopted in 2014.

for ex here:
http://imgur.com/a/pjDSD#5

old mclaren with new livery.. (image 5)

Last edited:
And you know this Just from some screenshots?

I believe that's what I read from CM earlier this year; the cars will initially be 2014 cars with 2015 wings (they call that 'hybrid', nothing to do with MGU-H). That's for the May launch (haha), later in the year the 2015 cars will be added as DLC. No idea about the steering wheels but it seems likely given that explanation that CM would only update the steering wheels in the full 2015 models.

To be honest I thought this was the year when CM would get a good, timely game out. Not looking that way...

They're all 2014 cars from the screenshots. Just different noses and liveries. Look at the twin pylon rear wing on the merc, and the 2014 spec roll hoop intakes. Look at the asymmetrical rear end of the Lotus, with the wing pylon that goes to one side of the exhaust. I also noticed the steering wheels are 2014 spec, without the lcd screen. If they release the game like that it'll be a big disappointment.

According to this, the 2015 cars will be based on how they were in pre season testing, which means the only cars that would be significantly changed/added later on are the McLaren, Force India, and Manor.

More people need to see this:

The 2015 content on disc at launch will be based on the winter test/pre-season liveries as revealed by the teams before the season started. As the season progresses we’ll continue to deliver content based on the full season liveries and enhanced performance data.

That seems to tell me that the 2015 cars will not be redressed 2014 cars (which will be available on their own as bonus content).

Back