F1 '23 - General Discussion

It’s interesting that Lewis Hamilton has the GT logo on the side of his hat in this game. Was this always a thing?
They have had a relationship for a long time but I believe the direct sponsorship is pretty new.

He's still listed under manufacturers in GT7 with a couple of promotional bits and pieces to look at:

FypOt7oWAAAqHun.jpg

Last edited:
I've found these games very hard on the pad in the past. Reading that things have improved with this edition, so may do the EA Play trial and see how it feels.

I can confirm that the traction is a lot better, it feels like there is much less of a jump in torque when you get on the power. Race starts, low speed corners, wet driving etc are all much easier. This was my main gripe with 22, liking this one so far.

Last edited:
The driving has improved hugely in this game, it's actually fun to drive again and gives me that F1 2020 vibe, really nice improvements there. Visually it is as expected, few tweaks, refined slightly, I like the more TV style OSD and the reflections look much nicer.

I won't be buying it yet however, for me, as someone who plays almost exclusively single player career mode, it's just absolutely not worth the price tag. I've gone through the first race weekend of MyTeam and counted 1 difference, that being Natalie Pinkham replacing Will Buxton. It is just 100% the same as '22, '21 and '20, and I cannot drop top price on a game that isn't interested in evolving everything it has to offer. I understand why F1 World exists but it doesn't really do anything for me personally. Also, all the single player modes outside career being tucked away in there is really annoying.

I really hope the team have something up their sleeves for 2024 for career mode to get it moving again, otherwise we will be stuck in that FIFA-esque situation of having the same career mode for 10 years with just roster changes. I stopped buying FIFA because of that.

The driving has improved hugely in this game, it's actually fun to drive again and gives me that F1 2020 vibe, really nice improvements there. Visually it is as expected, few tweaks, refined slightly, I like the more TV style OSD and the reflections look much nicer.

I won't be buying it yet however, for me, as someone who plays almost exclusively single player career mode, it's just absolutely not worth the price tag. I've gone through the first race weekend of MyTeam and counted 1 difference, that being Natalie Pinkham replacing Will Buxton. It is just 100% the same as '22, '21 and '20, and I cannot drop top price on a game that isn't interested in evolving everything it has to offer. I understand why F1 World exists but it doesn't really do anything for me personally. Also, all the single player modes outside career being tucked away in there is really annoying.

I really hope the team have something up their sleeves for 2024 for career mode to get it moving again, otherwise we will be stuck in that FIFA-esque situation of having the same career mode for 10 years with just roster changes. I stopped buying FIFA because of that.
Surely worth the asking price alone just for that!

To be honest, in terms of career modes I just want to do the qualifying, race then move onto the next one, I'm never bothered about R&D trees, cut scenes, any of that stuff - get in car and drive it. So I'm quite happy if the driving experience is improved, that's enough for me. I'm happy they've done that. I still found F1 22 enjoyable, the handling didn't render it unplayable or even bad especially if you had the TC on to negate the weird traction etc, but if it's actually fun to drive again that's certainly an improvement.

It’s interesting that Lewis Hamilton has the GT logo on the side of his hat in this game. Was this always a thing?
Yes. Gran Turismo sponsor him and all drivers’ gear should be accurate where possible for licensing reasons 🙂

I remember the Prost used to have PlayStation logos on the N64 exclusive World Grand Prix games and thinking that was weird at the time. All for accuracy though.

How the hell is Jamie Chadwick rated higher than all the F2 drivers? She’s getting smoked in Indy NXT ffs.

Last edited:
Im using the Konnorsport livery in MyTeam and have noticed that livery is different compared to braking point and your race number doesnt appear. Dont know if its a bug or by design

Im using the Konnorsport livery in MyTeam and have noticed that livery is different compared to braking point and your race number doesnt appear. Dont know if its a bug or by design
There are two in Braking Point, one for 2022 season and one for 2023.

I think the one you can own is the 2023 since it’s built for the updated bodywork.

Small qol changes go a long way. Two things annoying me is not having a quit to desktop button while pausing the game, and no mouse support. No mouse support in particular is just absurd for a game these days, what is the problem?

Last edited:
There are two in Braking Point, one for 2022 season and one for 2023.

I think the one you can own is the 2023 since it’s built for the updated bodywork.
Thanks for the reply, can we have our numbers for myteam ?

I'm surprised how few people are talking about this game. It doesn't even have its own dedicated thread.

I wasn't going to get it because I was disappointed that I could not use my PSVR 2 but learning of the red flags made me want to get it.

I'm thoroughly enjoying it and the grip is just fine and it seems like you can take a little bit of curb when appropriate but if you abuse it you pay the price. I agree with the content creators that it's fair.

I still love PSVR 2 with GT7 but I like having an engineer telling me what's going on in the race and telling me when to pit. I like yellow flag strategy and I can't wait to see what the red flag strategy would be.

It's most definitely immersive and satisfying

Didn't had the intention to buy it but massive improvements of gamepad controls could get me back onboard ('19 was my last F1 apart from 10h trials the versions since)

Last edited:
Yeah my early impression is that this is probably the biggest year on year improvement for this series since, I dunno, 18-19? I know part of that's because they dropped the ball slightly with 22, but only partly.

22 was good if you accepted the cars weren't much fun to drive, it was still authentic and challenging. 23 is actually fun to drive just for the sake of driving - there's the difference.

Last edited:
Yeah my early impression is that this is probably the biggest year on year improvement for this series since, I dunno, 18-19? I know part of that's because they dropped the ball slightly with 22, but only partly.

22 was good if you accepted the cars weren't much fun to drive, it was still authentic and challenging. 23 is actually fun to drive just for the sake of driving - there's the difference.
For me, 2020 was the biggest improvement over previous installations, that game was exceptional.

I think that's definitely the popular view - but for me 19 was when they took that step up, I guess partly because that was where F2 was introduced and I probably spent more time playing on that that I ever did on the F1, loved it.

I think that's definitely the popular view - but for me 19 was when they took that step up, I guess partly because that was where F2 was introduced and I probably spent more time playing on that that I ever did on the F1, loved it.
Yeah that was a huge addition in 2019. I think for me, it was the MyTeam addition in 2020 that changed everything. That period was definitely the peak though, best they'd been since F1 2012/2013.

Starting my 4th career race. I haven’t noticed any bugs other than the odd audio issue with Croft talking instead of Jacques. The default HDR option also makes the menus way too bright on my PC. I had the same problem with 22, so this may be a problem on my end.

35% career races are really nice, that’s the sweet spot for me.

Last edited:
Hi, in F1 23 Replays for Ps5 and Xbox SX the cars have no shadows and this results in the cars looking like they are floating on the road. It's a horrible thing.

codemaster will fix this bug??

Screenshot_20230615_215815.jpg

This is a screenshot of the game in Replay Mode. Where it is perfectly appreciated that the car has no shadow. And it seems to float down the road.. a terrible failure.

Last edited:
First impressions:

It's more tedious now to get to single player. You have to go through more menus. At first I thought they removed it but I found it in F1 World.

When I went in to do a single race, it asked me to pick either the World Car or F1 2023. What is the World Car? Is that the one you use if you're doing a career, or can you use it in single player with yourself as a driver?

Visually it's much better than F1 22. The way the cars look and everything in general just looks sharper. Last night I played F1 22 and in the time when they show various cars on the grid right before you start the race, it showed a close up of the Alfa and in the area where the red meets the white, it was so jagged. Same thing on the Alpha Tauri. In F1 23 that's no long there, at least from what I can tell. The colors look so crisp.

There is a lot more grip in F1 23, A LOT MORE. I really feel I can hammer through those medium and high speed turns now. I also don't feel any of those silly little slow speed spinouts are coming. But right now I don't feel much if any improvement in low speed handling in hairpins etc. I ran a race at Abu Dhabi specifically to check if I could feel any improvement and I can't. The car still feels a little sluggish through chicanes. Speaking of Abu Dhabi, I ran a race at 50% length and it never got dark. It just stayed sort of twilight. It's the same way in F1 22. Is the only way to get total darkness you have to run 100% race length?

Why are the Mercedes cars black instead of silver?

I like the visual layout of the new wheel. Now I can see battery deployment easier than before. But I would like to see the proximity arrow moved down a little bit so it's not hiding the +/- display on the wheel when a car is directly behind you. That's where I look so see how I'm doing more than the upper right of the screen.

There's still this annoying thing with the pit stops when you're on automatic. You still get penalized with a long stop because of a late turn in. I'm not asking to make blazing fast stop on automatic but it needs to be right on the average instead of always late.

Tracks:

I think I'm going to love Barcelona. That's the first track I ran on just in time trial and it's so much better now with the chicane gone. It did take me quite a few laps to get a clean one because I kept running wide in either of the last two turns. I'm just not used to being that fast through that area, but I'll figure it out.

Las Vegas is pretty good. In time trial it's daylight but I can't wait to see it at night.

Really disappointed they didn't get the revamped Miami circuit in the game with the new somewhat less rinky dink little chicane under the bridge.

Overall I really like what I've seen so far.

I really don't get what they've tried to do with Braking Point 2 but what a flop. It's as if the only feedback they heard from the first attempt was better cutscenes please because nothing else is improved so far.

The story is still too light, vague and doesn't have consequences related to the actual F1 teams or drivers. The interactivity is still minimal and the in race challenges are easy, dull and often just random and given without story context. "Finish in the points" okay but why did I start out of the points? No one curr.

I don't know man...

This is not the interactive Drive to Survive we were all told was the inspiration, it's honestly closer to TOCA 3 and while back in the day I loved that... we've moved on slightly since.

Like the first one, I'm done with it after the opening chapters, it's clear it has little else to offer. It's a shame because the spark of an idea is there but I can't see it ever being brought to life properly.

Last edited:
If you get Lando Norris to 3rd place in Canada doing the F1 World Event, when and where do you get the livery? Is it after it concludes this weekend?

This game is simply sublime. If anyone is on the fence I recommend they just get it because it's the best F1 game since 2020 that I've played.

I experienced two red flags in Australia, which was phenomenal. That's basically why I decided to try the game.

Anyway, I need help:

I finished the race 10th but was credited for a 6th place finish. I looked under race incidents and didn't see that anybody was penalized for anything so I'm not sure what happened.

How did I jump 4 spots? Is that a bug? Did something strange happen during the red flags that I missed? There was nothing listed under race incidents 🤷

Latest Posts

Back