F1 '23 - General Discussion

F1® 23_20240305235952.png

F1® 23_20240306000142.png

So yeah, game is playable and I'm not stuck with the EA login errors that basically stopped me from trying the Free play weekend for F1 22 so neat (yet awkward considering this is THE first F1 game I've actually owned since....2015 (Yeah, its been THAT long).

Just from an ambiance standpoint, F1 23 feels very different from previous F1 games. Feels less like the previous titles between the menu design, the iconography and the soundtrack especially. Never thought I'd be playing a F1 game where something from Ian Livingston isn't playing in the Menus by default.

Anyone else feel the same?

Last edited:
Funny you mention that, I’m pretty sure you can toggle off the licensed music in the settings which gives you Ian Livingstone’s music for the game instead. Personally loved the earlier games with their own music scores, gave every game their own flavour and identity

Does anyone mod their game? I'm thinking of just getting a 2024 season mod since all I play is career, but I'm afraid to get banned if I click on mp or F1 World.

So I tried the Ferrari and if this is even remotely faithful to the actual car, I can see why Charles and Carlos had a hard time trying to keep up with Red Bull. It is both understeer and oversteer to the worst degree, It doesn't want to turn yet it also wants to turn around and buck me the hell off at every opportunity. I haven't been this frustrated at driving one car since the Lamborghini Veneno (Which is saying something considering I HATE that car in every game I have driven it in).

Last edited:
So I tried the Ferrari and if this even remotely faithful to the actual car, I can see why Charlies and Carlos had a hard time trying to keep up with Red Bull. It is both understeer and oversteer to the worst degree, It doesn't want to turn yet it also wants to turn around and buck me the hell off at every opportunity. I haven't been this frustrated at driving one car since the Lamborghini Veneno (Which is saying something considering I HATE that car in every game I have driven it in).
I laughed out loud as I read this. It's so true. 🤣🤣🤣

This is my main racing game and I love it, but I can't lie. MyTeam is as stale as old toast, it desperately needs a better upgrade system and ways to make money not useless after year 3. I love the handling this year and hearing that 24 is going to change the handling again, after the awful 22 and 21, makes me worried. Unless I see some major improvements to myteam, I may be skipping 24

This is my main racing game and I love it, but I can't lie. MyTeam is as stale as old toast, it desperately needs a better upgrade system and ways to make money not useless after year 3. I love the handling this year and hearing that 24 is going to change the handling again, after the awful 22 and 21, makes me worried. Unless I see some major improvements to myteam, I may be skipping 24
There's talk of overhauled career mode for '24 which I'm also keen to see. Otherwise like you I'll probably pass.

I’ll just find a 2024 season mod for F1 23 if they don’t make big changes to career.

There are a lot of things about career that need updating. They went through the trouble of getting Marc Preistley as the engineer a couple years back but they didn’t even bother to change the voice lines.

Anyone know how to turn off the driving line in Time Trial? Seems like turning it off in the menu does nothing.

1712271469892.png

Here you can see its off, but I go on track and there it is still on.

Edit: Turns out that line is apparently under "Telemetry" in Time Trial so by fully turning that off, only then is the line fully off. Odd thing but its solved so whateves. Now to see if I can even be near this Max kid...

Last edited:
Back