F1500T-A

There is something weird about the AI on this game.

I finally managed to beat Brands Hatch, even with TC to 2. Snatched a 1:11 and a few 1:12s. Somewhere around lap 4, impressively i was first, and around lap 9, the last two behind me very quickly caught up, they managed to cut down a gap from 6-7 seconds to literary 0.6 on the finish line, which is weird as i was getting the better laps on the last ones.
That's happen to me as well, you get a 6-7 lead and they catch you really quickly with even good lap times I get, the AI seems to get a turbo boost to catch you.

This tune is for Brands Hatch, but you can try it on the other tracks as well, just adjust the final gear to suit the track.

Edit: I have made some changes to my tune, they are in BOLD numbers, it can do mid 1:08s in the race at Brands Hatch.

F1500T-A Gr.X

Power Level: 3 Weight Reduction Level: 3
Power Ratio%: 100 Weight Reduction%: 100
Traction Control: 0

Tyres: Front: Racing Soft Rear: Racing Soft
Brake Balance (Front/Rear): 5
Suspension
Ride Height mm: 47/58
Natural Frequency Hz: 5.15/5.30
Anti-Roll-Bar Level: 7/8
Damping Ratio (Compression) %: 54/56
Danping Ratio (Rebound) %: 85/84
Camber Angle (-) Degree(s): 1.7/1.5
Toe Angle Degree(s): Out 0.02/In 0.35
Aerodynamics
Downforce Level Front: 1200 Rear: 1800
DriveTrain
F/R
/10
/20
/14
Transmission
Final Gear At: 5.500
Max Speed km/h: 250
1st: 2.724
2nd: 2.115
3rd: 1.732
4th: 1.413
5th: 1.139
Final Gear: 3.950
(^^Adjust Final gear To Suit Track)

Hey fordlaser, Just finished winning the 3 race championship mostly due to your awesome tune. Apart from having a good tune, the way to win all 3 races is to basically do what you are supposed to do, stay on the track :lol:. Brands was the hardest to win, followed by Suzuka and then Interlagos (and yes it took me multiple attempts at each track).

In terms of overtaking the other cars, the best way to do it is at almost any braking point, as it seems the AI brakes both to early and to much most of the time and despite what others have said, they are relatively easy to push out of the way so you can take the racing line.

With regards to other AI issues others have reported (Chasing the rabbit, cars catching up) I did not see any of that at all, but then again I was playing under patch 1.15 and it seems most of these issues have been sorted out.

Holy crap man, that tune works well! At first I didn't know where you were getting your measurements from, but then I realized I'm a silly American and I need to switch to metric. I like tuning my own cars, but when it comes to F1 type cars, I am pretty retarded.
The odd ride height balance you have, alone, helps with high speed cornering tremendously! The only thing is I might change for myself is the LSD a bit, but other than that, I think it all works for me. 👍 👍 Great work man. And thanks for sharing!

Holy crap man, that tune works well! At first I didn't know where you were getting your measurements from, but then I realized I'm a silly American and I need to switch to metric. I like tuning my own cars, but when it comes to F1 type cars, I am pretty retarded.
The odd ride height balance you have, alone, helps with high speed cornering tremendously! The only thing is I might change for myself is the LSD a bit, but other than that, I think it all works for me. 👍 👍 Great work man. And thanks for sharing!
Many thanks Diakai for liking my tune :cheers::cheers:.

Has the new update changed something about the car's physics? It feels undrivable with RH tyres and locks the rears up way too easily.
Changed to RS, and adjusted brake balance to 3, and it seems better. Solid tune though, can't complain about that. I like it. Thanks @fordlaser

I have a couple of "TUNE GARAGES" that I use but there maybe some that don't work because of driving style. Here is a list of them
and I hope they help you has much as they help me when I started. Enjoy

garystevens64
Armand's Tuning Shed
Jump_Ace's Tuning Garage
Jakedog Tuning Garage
RaceTube Germany Setups
Praiano´s tunes for GT Sport.
Jeje6410 GT Sport Tune Garage (updates regurlaly / 23/03/18)
MINKIHL Setups

<3

The bottom 3 you have listed there are my 3 go to garages if I'm short on time 👍

I find the F1500T-A is 'good enough' if you just keep her in 3rd or greater the whole time.

Jerome

2 things.

1. Thank you for this tune.
2. I can't get to your trans settings, is there an order I should be doing them in?
3. How can you drive this car with no TC??
Do the trans settings as he ordered them. Literally. And don't skip a thing. Set top speed, then final drive, then gears, then final drive again IIRC.
To drive this car with 0 TC you need to practice a fair amount. Try adjusting brake balance to 3, and change to Racing Softs. Don't go under 2nd gear. 2nd gear should be good for all slow corners, all the way up to 110 or so mph. Short shift if you feel the car is slipping away, and try not to go full throttle in slow corners. Especially T1 at Monza. Wait until the car is straightened up and then floor it (if you can)

2 things.

1. Thank you for this tune.
2. I can't get to your trans settings, is there an order I should be doing them in?
3. How can you drive this car with no TC??
1. No problem.
2. Final gear first, and then max speed and do gears, final gear. If the gears do not match, is because of the last update.
3. Racing Super Soft tyres, are the best for this car. I use no TC, if you use Racing Hard tyres you need to change the setup on the car.

Are you going to play GTS a lot more now ?. I have been playing GT6 and just a little bit of GTS.

Last edited:
All of the tunes in this thread with crazy suspension rake (low front high rear), are sacrificing rear end grip for a boost in low speed handling. You can test this for yourself at Hatzenbach turn, Nordschleife. In stock trim the car can go wide open without issue, and with all of these Rake tunes, the car will spin out every time.

For this reason I don't recommend any of the tunes within this thread. I had a much better time leaving the suspension stock and just maxing downforce + a simple transmission flip (Prairano's tranny flip is just fine)

if you're having problems controlling this car with one of these tunes, heed my advice..

All of the tunes in this thread with crazy suspension rake (low front high rear), are sacrificing rear end grip for a boost in low speed handling. You can test this for yourself at Hatzenbach turn, Nordschleife. In stock trim the car can go wide open without issue, and with all of these Rake tunes, the car will spin out every time.

For this reason I don't recommend any of the tunes within this thread. I had a much better time leaving the suspension stock and just maxing downforce + a simple transmission flip (Prairano's tranny flip is just fine)

if you're having problems controlling this car with one of these tunes, heed my advice..
The massive aero dynamic advantage rake will give you is enough for me. i'd rather lose 0.150 in a corner for a 10 second gain in a lap

The massive aero dynamic advantage rake will give you is enough for me. i'd rather lose 0.150 in a corner for a 10 second gain in a lap

Flawed logic, because first of all a suspension tune isn't going to give you 10 seconds a lap, maybe 10% of that if you're lucky.
Also, if you have to lift on a turn and lose .150, even if you manage to gain that .150 back with aerodynamic advantage, you're still breaking even over the stock settings. Except now, your car is more difficult to drive...

Flawed logic, because first of all a suspension tune isn't going to give you 10 seconds a lap, maybe 10% of that if you're lucky.
Also, if you have to lift on a turn and lose .150, even if you manage to gain that .150 back with aerodynamic advantage, you're still breaking even over the stock settings. Except now, your car is more difficult to drive...

around the Nordschleife it will. Well okay then, here is my setup and suzuka lap time

see if your theory works out.

around the Nordschleife it will. Well okay then here is my setup and suzuka lap time

I don't have a theory. Like I said, you're welcome to test it out for yourself @ Hatzenbach.

I don't know why you'd tune away a Formula 1 car's ability to take high speed turns at full throttle. Actually, I do know... to get rid of low speed understeer. But if you're driving the car the right way, you won't have an issue with that.

I don't have a theory. Like I said, you're welcome to test it out for yourself @ Hatzenbach.

I don't know why you'd tune away a Formula 1 car's ability to take high speed turns at full throttle. Actually, I do know... to get rid of low speed understeer. But if you're driving the car the right way, you won't have an issue with that.
but with max downforce the car gets pushed into the ground, downforce squares with speed. if the Rear is too low you'll get high speed understeer. IF you suffer at high speed then maybe drive faster to have more downforce?

One would not believe it but i managed to grab a 25sec lead on Monza, and a 15sec one in Nurburgring. I slightly changed the 4th/5th gear ratio after a few tries and it seems to have done a massive job.

But Suzuka is too damn tough, just when i manage to get very nice results from the AI's lack of proper approach on the S Curves where i build my lead, they turn way too unnatural on the Degner, and even if i raise the standards to theirs, the AI does the opposite of Kaz's spotsmanship, something more like sportman****. It pisses me off how neutral they are with each other when they're in front, but suddenly turn extremely aggressive the moment you lead. I've replayed a match where they kicked me on the last lap on the Casio Triangle, just WOW, 100-200m away from Gold.

Anyways, anyone have anything specific for the Suzuka Circuit? I again twiddled with the 4th/5th here and the LSD slightly higher (dont remember the settings right now), which gave me a bit of an edge, especially since it delayed a bit of the power making the S Curves a lot easier and faster to deal with, but they kill me on the straights.

One would not believe it but i managed to grab a 25sec lead on Monza, and a 15sec one in Nurburgring. I slightly changed the 4th/5th gear ratio after a few tries and it seems to have done a massive job.

But Suzuka is too damn tough, just when i manage to get very nice results from the AI's lack of proper approach on the S Curves where i build my lead, they turn way too unnatural on the Degner, and even if i raise the standards to theirs, the AI does the opposite of Kaz's spotsmanship, something more like sportman****. It pisses me off how neutral they are with each other when they're in front, but suddenly turn extremely aggressive the moment you lead. I've replayed a match where they kicked me on the last lap on the Casio Triangle, just WOW, 100-200m away from Gold.

Anyways, anyone have anything specific for the Suzuka Circuit? I again twiddled with the 4th/5th here and the LSD slightly higher (dont remember the settings right now), which gave me a bit of an edge, especially since it delayed a bit of the power making the S Curves a lot easier and faster to deal with, but they kill me on the straights.

around the Nordschleife it will. Well okay then, here is my setup and suzuka lap time

2 messeges up

2 messeges up

Kudos to you mate, success in first try. Got hit twice in my back (Casio) when i started to lead around lap 3/4, but then they just gave up chasing me and i ended up with a 12sec lead. Average laps were at least a second faster, managed a 1:41, but i cant drive this thing with less then 2 TC. Obviously they caught up at Casio as our machine was capped at max-speed, but i could tell they would brake a bit late.

3rd gear may gain better stability with some changes, at some point it unleashes too much madness, and keep in mind i was in TC 2.

You reckon the settings are applicable in Nurburgring too? For some reason, my lap did not make it to a save yesterday :(, and i forgot to save the last settings i netted the lap with.

EDIT: Scratch that off, just did it with a 40sec lead. You deserve a beer.

Last edited:
Kudos to you mate, success in first try. Got hit twice in my back (Casio) when i started to lead around lap 3/4, but then they just gave up chasing me and i ended up with a 12sec lead. Average laps were at least a second faster, managed a 1:41, but i cant drive this thing with less then 2 TC. Obviously they caught up at Casio as our machine was capped at max-speed, but i could tell they would brake a bit late.

3rd gear may gain better stability with some changes, at some point it unleashes too much madness, and keep in mind i was in TC 2.

You reckon the settings are applicable in Nurburgring too? For some reason, my lap did not make it to a save yesterday :(, and i forgot to save the last settings i netted the lap with.

EDIT: Scratch that off, just did it with a 40sec lead. You deserve a beer.
no problem :)

I did mine a lil different for the suzuka circuit all my numbers are inches and mph
I used all the same set up for power and weight reduction.
Traction control 3
Soft tires
Brake 5to front
Height. Free. 1.85 rear. 2.28
Natural frequency. Front 5.15 rear 5.30
Roll bars 7/8
Compression 54/56
Rebound 85/84
Camber 1.7/1.5
Toe out 0.02/in0.35
Downforce 1200/1800
Duff. 10
Top speed 224mph
Final gear 4.275
It should be like this after that final gear adjust
1st. 2.384/87
2nd 1.593/130
3rd 1.68/178
4th 0.900/231
5th 0.728/298
This will allow you to fly through even the tightest corners and still have great straight away speeds. On the Suzuka Circuit I'm consistently pulling 1:43.3000 lap times with AI racing

This tune is for Brands Hatch, but you can try it on the other tracks as well, just adjust the final gear to suit the track.

Edit: I have made some changes to my tune, they are in BOLD numbers, it can do mid 1:08s in the race at Brands Hatch.

F1500T-A Gr.X

Suspension
Aerodynamics
DriveTrain
F/R
/10
/20
/14
Transmission
Awesome. Worked first time out.

Thank you for sharing your setup! I won Suzuka on the first attempt with 8sec distance to the second place. I will try the other races in the next few days

F1500T-A Gr.X

Suspension
Aerodynamics
DriveTrain
F/R
/10
/20
/14
Transmission
Hi
Love this set up was struggling to keep this car on track let alone battling for the lead, have you anymore set ups your willing to share for a beginner like myself
Cheers

Very good setup way better than mine.
Many thanks for saying the F1500T-A is a very good setup Phantom171 :cheers:.

With the news that GT7 will be out somtime next year or early the year after, got me itching to get me back into racing Gran Turismo games again :). If and when I do tuning again, I like to put more car tunes in my Fordlaser's GT Sport Garage but that may have to wait until I buy a really good Racing Rig :).

Man, this event was such a big difficulty spike at first and the car suffers from awful turbo lag, making it annoying to drive. I managed to win the Brands Hatch race with the stock setup after way too many tries. Not wanting to go through that again, I used @fordlaser ’s tune and won every other race rather easily. 👍

Man, this event was such a big difficulty spike at first and the car suffers from awful turbo lag, making it annoying to drive. I managed to win the Brands Hatch race with the stock setup after way too many tries. Not wanting to go through that again, I used @fordlaser ’s tune and won every other race rather easily. 👍
Many thanks for liking my tune Master Weasel :cheers::cheers:.

Back