FA World Championship Project Cars [PS4] - SERIES TO RESUME AFTER ROAD B JulyOpen 

• Thread starter weisda3
  • 152 comments

Should we completely restart the series or pick up where we left off?

• Yes restart

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Continue where we left off

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
This was an intense and frustrating race for me, and I guess from what I heard over the chat, most of you felt the same!

I lost count of how many times I spun or was involved in an incident with another car. So, apologises to anyone I made contact with.

I wouldn't have finished 5th if Ace hadn't wait for Dan to get his car back to the pit. Excellent sportsmanship!

Not sure what happened on track, with Dan and Ace, but if you cause an incident and the others drivers car is damaged, are you supposed to wait until the other driver gets back to the pits and has regained the position that was lost?

Great racing by all and look forward to the next one.

I think it will get easier once were all used to racing in these cars. It's one thing to practice hotlaps and even a long run. But once it's race time, it's a whole different animal in these cars. With any slight touch both cars could go off the track, but that makes it so challanging and fun. It's completely different from any other series. Gt3 or touring, a slight bump is nothing.

As far as if you knock someone off track, just use your best judgement. If it's a racing incident with good clean racing, I would say you don't have to wait, unless you want to.

If your pulling on track after you have had an off, and you take someone out, then I think that calls for you waiting until they have fixed their damage and are back on track.

With that being said, I watched the replay yesterday and saw a few incidents of people coming back on track very dangerously and getting in other people's way as they were at full speed on the racing line. In fact I think @Danrc2010 had an incident that ruined his race when someone was coming back on track. Just please be careful and make sure no one is coming. Keep in mind when you are going very slow the track minimap is very small meaning you can't see who is coming. You need to look at the green timer of who is coming behind you. If they're very close (5sec or less) just wait.

Looking forward to next week! Anyone have a time yet for Catalunya!?

I think it will get easier once were all used to racing in these cars. It's one thing to practice hotlaps and even a long run. But once it's race time, it's a whole different animal in these cars. With any slight touch both cars could go off the track, but that makes it so challanging and fun. It's completely different from any other series. Gt3 or touring, a slight bump is nothing.

As far as if you knock someone off track, just use your best judgement. If it's a racing incident with good clean racing, I would say you don't have to wait, unless you want to.

If your pulling on track after you have had an off, and you take someone out, then I think that calls for you waiting until they have fixed their damage and are back on track.

With that being said, I watched the replay yesterday and saw a few incidents of people coming back on track very dangerously and getting in other people's way as they were at full speed on the racing line. In fact I think @Danrc2010 had an incident that ruined his race when someone was coming back on track. Just please be careful and make sure no one is coming. Keep in mind when you are going very slow the track minimap is very small meaning you can't see who is coming. You need to look at the green timer of who is coming behind you. If they're very close (5sec or less) just wait.

Did a 1:20 with stock setup @weisda, but i suppose we're looking at 18s or 19s on low fuel, maybe faster than that, looking forward to it man......It's forecast to rain here in eastern Spain this week, lets see if we have a wet one on Sunday!

Yeah dan had an issue with someone returning to track. He fell back quite abit and ended up near me after his pits... then we had a little come together, which i would say was just racing incident, but after the troubles he had i felt bad so just waited so he could have the place...

Hopefully catty next week will be alot better for all now we are getting into the flow... i may do so.e practice tonight if anyone was free...

Did a 1:20 with stock setup @weisda, but i suppose we're looking at 18s or 19s on low fuel, maybe faster than that, looking forward to it man......It's forecast to rain here in eastern Spain this week, lets see if we have a wet one on Sunday!

Quick Hammy! I was thinking 1:19s would be close to the top.

Rain would really make it interesting!

Spot on! Treating others how we would expect to be treated if the circumstances were reversed makes for a generally happy online environment. Nice one Weisda

I'm doing a rain dance right now man lol!!! ;)

Looking forward to it!!

Rain, you guys are crazy, after the last race, rain is the last thing we need, lol.

@Weisda - I agree with what you say about getting back on the track and I know Dan collided into me when I was coming back on to the track. So sorry Dan.

To be honest I found it incredibly difficult to get back on to the track when on the grass as there was hardly any grip, and admit to not seeing Dan.

Hopefully things will get better as the season progresses.

@HammyMansell any chance sharing your tune for Catulanya?

Rain, you guys are crazy, after the last race, rain is the last thing we need, lol.

@Weisda - I agree with what you say about getting back on the track and I know Dan collided into me when I was coming back on to the track. So sorry Dan.

To be honest I found it incredibly difficult to get back on to the track when on the grass as there was hardly any grip, and admit to not seeing Dan.

It was stock mate, i only did 2 quick laps lol!! I think it should be similar to Donington tbh.......... With a bit less wing and longer gears..........I'll have a go at some point and see what i can do, then i'll share my setup, no probs! ;)

No worries Bonio. We're all learning at this stage as this is everyone's first FA championship I believe. Makes me respect those guys even more in F1! Plus, this is the perfect mix of competition. We're trying to beat each other, but we're more about having fun and good racing.

And to your point, once you are off, it does take some time to get back on. I have to go all the way down to first gear and barely hit the accelerator. Plus, if you hammer it trying to get back on quick and heat up the tyres, you've got to be extra careful not to spin out for half a lap. Really makes you think about risk reward...is that tenth I gained in that corner worth it? Maybe...maybe not. At the end, the first race was decided by 3 tenths. Too much fun!

I'm hoping we get a multi weather event this week!

I do have a question for you guys? How is everyone starting? I usually just rev it up holding the handbrake, but that really spins the tires on the FA cars.

Anyone have a better way of doing it?

Half throttle through 1st, 2nd and 3rd, with the wheel as straight as possible wiesda, then full gas!........It's tricky!!

Here's the latest weather for Barcelona, but it can change very quickly here in Spain......

http://www.aemet.es/en/eltiempo/prediccion/municipios/viladecans-id08301

I will normally have 1st gear selected whilst lights are on red and gently apply a bit of gas once lights turn to green, before shifting into second, with very little gas whilst momentum is building.

Interesting...so it looks like everyone is just hitting the gas (half throttle) on green vs the handbrake. If you have the T3PA Pro Pedals with the clutch, can you use the clutch at the start?

Interesting...so it looks like everyone is just hitting the gas (half throttle) on green vs the handbrake. If you have the T3PA Pro Pedals with the clutch, can you use the clutch at the start?

I have the T3PA model pedals. When I start I use one of two methods.

1. I try to get revs up to around three quarters and release the clutch as I would in a normal car. Even with autoclutch on I can use the clutch when I remember to.
2. When I dont remember I stay in neutral, try to rev to around three quarters and drop it into 1st on go.

I don't have the handbrake mapped to anything. Personally I think if the real car doesn't have one the game shouldn't allow us to use it. I also don't like using it when racing on tarmac. The brake is sufficient.

I'm not sure how quick either method is. I should do some testing.

I have the T3PA model pedals. When I start I use one of two methods.

1. I try to get revs up to around three quarters and release the clutch as I would in a normal car. Even with autoclutch on I can use the clutch when I remember to.
2. When I dont remember I stay in neutral, try to rev to around three quarters and drop it into 1st on go.

I don't have the handbrake mapped to anything. Personally I think if the real car doesn't have one the game shouldn't allow us to use it. I also don't like using it when racing on tarmac. The brake is sufficient.

I'm not sure how quick either method is. I should do some testing.

Good stuff...thanks @JohnScoonsBeard ! I agree on the handbrake comment. It doesn't work in these cars anyway...the tyres spin way too much.

I tried some practice starts yesterday by holding the brake pedal down and slightly holding down the gas (maybe 10-15%) and then releasing the brake. That seemed to work ok too. But you have to be careful not to put too much gas on or you'll push forward and false start. Not sure what works better either.

I want to know more!! Let's practice starting with the clutch! Let's ask @ty2 , this guys knows how to start a race!!

I dont think you're using aids in the series are you? In tests of other cars we should make sure everyone is using the same. I imagine Traction Control may help some cars but possibly hinder others. I normally use real aids but am going to see how quick I am with no aids on cars that have them by default like road cars or things like GT3. Am I right in saying you can turn Traction Control on for Formula A cars even though the real ones don't have it (I've never tried due to my real aids option)?

Edit: I see the series allows abs so I guess it is possible to use cars that don't have the aids in real life.

I remember in GT5 and GT6 turning abs on also bizarrely added a level of extra grip!

I dont think you're using aids in the series are you? In tests of other cars we should make sure everyone is using the same. I imagine Traction Control may help some cars but possibly hinder others. I normally use real aids but am going to see how quick I am with no aids on cars that have them by default like road cars or things like GT3. Am I right in saying you can turn Traction Control on for Formula A cars even though the real ones don't have it (I've never tried due to my real aids option)?

Edit: I see the series allows abs so I guess it is possible to use cars that don't have the aids in real life.

I remember in GT5 and GT6 turning abs on also bizarrely added a level of extra grip!

I never use any aids on any car, that's why my starts are usually pants lol!!!

I think you're right @JohnScoonsBeard...traction control would help. I would be up for real aids in this series also, but i didn't want our fellow CRAPers using the controller not to participate. I believe you use the controller right @JohnScoonsBeard, but you're a pro. I've heard the controller without ABS is very tough.

I think you're right @JohnScoonsBeard...traction control would help. I would be up for real aids in this series also, but i didn't want our fellow CRAPers using the controller not to participate. I believe you use the controller right @JohnScoonsBeard, but you're a pro. I've heard the controller without ABS is very tough.

I am certainly not a pro. I am pretty average for the group. I use the wheel as much as I can. Thats when I have time to set it up. However when I dont I use a controller and am normally a bit of the pace. I find all the cars are driveable on controller with ABS off but you sometimes need to lower brake Force depending on the car or tyres used.

Last edited:
I just hold the brake in... full throttle. .. on the last res light im into 1st. The let go of brake on green
Or try to anticipate the green and get a false start...

And with no traction i just fether the throttle untill im away.. i think i just get lucky most of the time

Latest Posts

Back