Fallout 4

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 2,543 comments
Another stupid question, I'm full of them, what does tree'd mean ?

If what you say about mods are coming to PS4, it will make the wait more agonising.

Not sure myself just exactly wherre the word originated from, but me believes it kinda means "you're a little late to the party, sir."

Well I was providing sources because the person asked for a source.

Hey, no probs. Every little bit helps. 👍

I think "tree'd" has something to do with drag racing.

...:mischievous: Really? Sources? :lol: Oh alright, just kidding. Sorry.
Although, I'm genuinly curious how that word came from drag racing. Oh wait, we've gone off topic.
Maybe another day.

According to this video (at 0:50) Concord will be a location which is around 15 miles outside of Boston. Meaning outer Boston is in the game, meaning Ashland (my town) could possibly be in the game, meaning my house could possibly be in the game, meaning I could possibly break into my own house and raid my own refrigerator, meaning I could find my own ps4 and play Fallout 4 while playing Fallout 4.

The fact that the Nyanza chemical waste dump is in Ashland only increases the chances.

According to this video (at 0:50) Concord will be a location which is around 15 miles outside of Boston. Meaning outer Boston is in the game, meaning Ashland (my town) could possibly be in the game, meaning my house could possibly be in the game, meaning I could possibly break into my own house and raid my own refrigerator, meaning I could find my own ps4 and play Fallout 4 while playing Fallout 4.

The fact that the Nyanza chemical waste dump is in Ashland only increases the chances.

...:lol:

...Or meaning I might find your skeletal remains sittin' in front of a TV, with a controller in hand when I break into your place...:D

This will take a bit so bear with me. Fallout 4, go to 3:40 in the video, the part where they are showing off the face sculpter. Right at the part where the guy says "What do you think honey, beard or no beard?" Look right between their heads, right into the background, there is a doorframe.
Right at 3:42 you will see a figure in some kind of armor. It's only for a split second at 3:42 but it's there.
If there is someone who can break that down into frame by frame to better see the image it would help.
I now wonder what else is "Tyler Durdened" into that trailer. My brother pointed that one out to me.
Happy hunting folks and enjoy.

Looks like Mister Handy Codsworth to me.

eLzI4Fu.png

CipN0pn.png

But nicely spotted, I hadn't noticed it yet.

Also more info from Todd Howard(source):

-Fallout 4 is the most detailed, dense environment Bethesda has made to date. The world has so much content even game director Todd Howard hasn't seen everything in the game.

-The extra graphical horsepower provided by the new console gave the team a tech backbone to iterate on its Creation engine and add more dynamic details. Physics-based rendering and volumetric lighting help create more atmosphere in the world, opening the game up to more environmental storytelling.

-Fallout 4's narrative has a lot more branching paths and overlapping of "if that than this" than Fallout 3. They want the game to handle all the fail states of missions instead of forcing players to reload saves.

-Boston and its surrounding regions offer more varied, vivid colors than Fallout 3, though the color palate still relies heavily on grays and browns in the blast zone where the nuke was detonated.

-Fallout 4 has a full weather system that sends radiation storms across the world.

-Bethesda has always valued player freedom above storytelling, but with Fallout 4 the team wants to bring more emotional resonance to the plot thread running through the game. This is why they chose to recruit voice actors for both the female and male protagonists the player can make their own.

-Combat is receiving a major stimpak thanks to some consulting with id Software to improve the second-to-second shooting. Bethesda's goal? To have the shooting stand shoulder to shoulder with the other great options on the market. The studio even hired away some Bungie talent to help with this remodel. With the new, built-from-scratch shooting system, Howard says Fallout 4 plays much more like a modern shooter. You can aim down the sights, use V.A.T.S., and play in first or third person.

-V.A.T.S. has received some slight overhauls. It no longer completely pauses the action, and critical shots are no longer random. If you look at the videos, you'll notice a "critical" bar on the bottom of the screen that the player fills. Once it is fully filled you can decide when to use it. Your luck skill determines how fast the bar increases, and there are perks that dig into how criticals work and how you use them.

-Bethesda is tweaking the way auto-scaling works for Fallout 4 to create more challenge. "We call it rubberbanding; we'll have an area [where enemies scale from] level 5 to 10, and then this area will be level 30 and above," Howard says. "You'll run into stuff that will crush you, and you will have to run away."

-Bethesda's proprietary Radient A.I. and story system are also being used for your settlements to drive random encounters. It will determine if someone should be sent to your town, if raiders should attack the settlement or abduct your caravan, etc.

-People will come to your settlement on their own but there are also others you can recruit.

-A list of your settlements will appear in your PipBoy. You can send caravans between the various bases to get your supplies where you want them to be.

-As you could see in the trailer, Fallout 4 introduces new modes of transportation in the form of the gunship, but Howard says they aren't doing cars or anything as well.

-The workshop system is quite deep for weapons crafting.You can mix and match everything from scopes, muzzles, barrels, stocks, grips, and more. You can also scrap old weapons and use their parts for furthering the creation of your master weapon.

-All the junk in the world you collect can now be used to build up your settlement and customize your weapons rather than be sold off. Because of these additional uses, Howard says he's noticed more playtesters hoarding items for customization rather than selling it off to merchants.

-Companions have always played a role in Fallout games, and that exends into the new game as well. So far Bethesda has only shown off your trusty canine Dogmeat (who Howard confirmed will not be killed off in a cruel fashion) but expect to see several others as well.

-The mod community has always been strong with Bethesda games. With Fallout 4 their creative ideas will reach beyond PC and into consoles. Modding tools are expected to become available on PC in early 2016, with Xbox One owners getting access to their creations shortly thereafter. Once the modding is thriving on these two platforms, Bethesda hopes to work on extending this content to PlayStation 4 as well, but Howard wasn't comfortable putting a timetable on that.

-Howard says Bethesda has been advocating to get mods on Microsoft consoles since 2001. Its hope is to not curate the content much at all but have its ecosystem stay as close to the PC experience as possible.

-When you play a modded version, the game will make a copy of your save file so your pure state game will be preserved.

Last edited:
I pre-ordered this over the weekend. I wont pick it up at launch but will give it a few days and keep an eye on reviews and community feedback. If it turns out fairly bug free, I will pick it up. Might even rent it.

I pre-ordered this over the weekend. I wont pick it up at launch but will give it a few days and keep an eye on reviews and community feedback. If it turns out fairly bug free, I will pick it up. Might even rent it.

...?? What? But dude, you said you pre-ordered it. Oh wait, did you mean, you pre-rented it? :dopey:

...?? What? But dude, you said you pre-ordered it. Oh wait, did you mean, you pre-rented it? :dopey:
Pre-ordering just makes sure they order me a copy and set it aside for me at launch. Pre-ordering is only $5.00 and 100% refundable.

I am just being cautions after what happened with Fallout 3 and NV at launch. NV was an absolute nightmare with bugs and problems.

Pre-ordering just makes sure they order me a copy and set it aside for me at launch. Pre-ordering is only $5.00 and 100% refundable.

I am just being cautions after what happened with Fallout 3 and NV at launch. NV was an absolute nightmare with bugs and problems.

...Oh, okay. {shrugs shoulder in disappointment} What happens to your 5 bucks if you don't order the copy proper? Are they gonna refund you, or is it being seen as a...hmm, charitable donation towards inevitable bug-fixing costs?? :lol:

And yeah, you don't have to tell me twice 'bout NV's trials and tribulations. I am one of the "lucky" few who tasted almost all of the bugs in that game. :ill:

...Oh, okay. {shrugs shoulder in disappointment} What happens to your 5 bucks if you don't order the copy proper? Are they gonna refund you, or is it being seen as a...hmm, charitable donation towards inevitable bug-fixing costs?? :lol:

And yeah, you don't have to tell me twice 'bout NV's trials and tribulations. I am one of the "lucky" few who tasted almost all of the bugs in that game. :ill:
As I said above it is 100% refundable. That means I get any money back from any pre-orders.

I am hoping this runs very well with very few problems. It has the potential to be GOTY.

IMO, this game will be full of bugs as well. Fallout 3. Fallout New Vegas. Skyrim. Can't speak for Oblivion as I didn't play it.

All of these huge games are bound to have bugs everywhere. Especially when they are games where you can't really predict 100% what the player will do, as opposed to simpler games with very linear gameplay.

...It's funny, that for both FO3 and Oblivion didn't give me a game-breaking headaches. There was a few unintentionally hilarious moments but never really bad enough to tear my hair out. It was NV that really floored me with a plethora of issues that never got fixed properly.

I'm hoping against hope Bethesda had more time to iron out kinks in their Creation Engine by now. I mean, how many games did they make so far, that had this middleware (hope I'm using the correct term) featured in?

Last edited:
If there are bugs, they will be fixed. It will likely never be a perfect game, but not picking up your preorder on launch day seems a little strange to me. It's not like the disc itself is going to change, so why bother waiting a few days?

...It's funny, that for both FO3 and Oblivion didn't give me a game-breaking headaches. There was a few unintentionally hilarious moments but never really bad enough to tear my hair out. It was NV that really floored me with a plethora of issues that never got fixed properly.

I'm hoping against hope Bethesda had more time to iron out kinks in their Creation Engine by now. I mean, how many games did they make so far, that had this middleware (hope I'm using the correct term) featured in?
Yes NV was WELL known for having massive issues.

I rented Skyrim the first week it came out in fear of bugs and problems but overall Skyrim ran very well and I don't recall any game ending bugs at all in that game for myself. So I have hope for Fallout 4 but I will still play it safe and rent the first couple days. Then later pick up my pre-ordered copy if F4 is running well. Though, I cant even express my excitement for this game. :embarrassed:

Last edited:

Only Skyrim, so far. TES III and TES IV and Fo3 and NV were developed on Gamebryo. The Creation engine is based on Gamebryo, but it's not the same beast.

Skyrim was a relatively bug-free experience compared to the bug bonanza that was Morrowind back in the day, and the other bug-ridden Gamebryo games. Plus, a lot of the bugs in Bethesda games were caused by their cell system (and the separation of interior and exteriors). Guess what they just redid completely...?

I had no problems with Morrowind, Fallout 3 or Oblivion, I only had crash issues in New Vegas at the dam and Skyrim worked well until they patched it, I then had the problem with the water crashing the game and the odd dragon flying backwards.
To be honest I have had more problems with Pcars than all these games put together, so for me if Fallout 4 was available tomorrow the wait would be too long. :lol:

...Well, NV was "developed" by Obsidian, so there's that. If I remember correctly, Neverwinter Nights games were full of irritating bugs too.
The Creation engine is based on Gamebryo, but it's not the same beast.

...This bit here gives me hope. Really looking forward to this game. Although, I gotta decide on which platform I should go for - my gaming time is at a premium, so I can't afford to buy too many consoles/pour hundreds to upgrade PC...:boggled:

To be honest I have had more problems with Pcars than all these games put together, so for me if Fallout 4 was available tomorrow the wait would be too long. :lol:

Yeah, and you also have to consider the scale of those games. QA can only be so thorough when we're talking about a game that requires thousands of hours for you to do all that is possible.
And while Bethesda games always featured plenty of annoying glitches and baffling game/level/AI design choices, completely game breaking bugs were rare and often solvable by reloading the latest save and trying to do what you were doing again (because again, most of them were caused by the cell system that Fo4 may have even abandoned).

Thank God I played Morrowind, Fallout 3, New Vegas and Skyrim way after they were released. God bless Unofficial Patches.

...There's been something that's been bugging me; the leveling up system and the skill/perk/trait system. I see in the trailers SPECIAL returns, so that probably works the same as before - so I'll load all my points on intelligence, luck and agility :cool: but then what about the traits? I didn't really miss in FO3, only chose Skilled from NV as others were a bit waste of time, And skills - both FO3 and NV shared a lot, so I knew immediately what skills I wanted and when to get it.

This is a wishful thinking, but I'm hoping for a full overhaul of skills and traits to make it bit more "exciting". As far as leveling up goes, I say, get rid of it altogether, and instead, invest all the exp earned into skills and stat, the way I want, whenever I choose.

Maybe too much of an ask?

As far as I understand it, perks and skills would be tied to your equipment, which is a vast improvement over the "JRPG-style" of gaining skills seen in Fallout 3 and NV. As far as I recall, there was only one RPG that actually tried that approach, and that was Final Fantasy X. (If you expected me to say VII, sorry, but in that game, you could actually build up your skills to the point where you could compartmentalize them into Master materia. Am I saying that the same couldn't happen in Fallout 4? No, but with the current information that we have, skills and perks being tied to your actual equipment, as well as the fact that you have a location that you could store your excess items, it is more likely that the customize options includes parts that adds stats to a weapon or armor.)

Latest Posts

Back