Fallout 4

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 2,543 comments
Well, the dialogue is lame. Both the voice acting and the wheel. Personally don't care very much about the crafting and house building. Looks good style wise though.

Not hyped though. It's not what I'm looking for in a Fallout game.

Last edited:
For the crafting your opinion will vary depending on wether you were on console or PC. Aswell as wether you used crafting mods on PC. Several of the mods did almost what we see In in fallout 4 crafting sytem. It meant that picking up junk was extremely useful as I would be regularly creating ammo, amour repair and weapon repair packs. Weapons mods also were extremely useful. It looks like you could do the following.
At start you get a 10mm pistol by the end it's now an assult rifle. I think the community thing will also essential to get the most out of the crafting system.

...It looked to me the game was running on xbone. Don't really get why these 12 year olds on other gaming forums riding the game hard for not looking pretty enough. Sigh. So many still hung up on visuals and nothing else.

I wonder how Bethesda will utilize the track pad on DS4. I'm hoping I could use that as a sort-of mouse for an ease of navigation in Pip-boy menu. It's a royal pain on a DS3 to scroll around it.

And haven't anyone notice that now time doesn't stop when you engage VATS? Looks like you gotta make a snap decision when using it. Can't see yet how much impact that's gonna have on the overall gameplay, since I rarely used it, but I'll see come November.

:eek::eek::eek:

WOW the crafting system looks incredible. You can build houses and furnish them anyway you want. Even a dog house and garden. This game is looking way better than I ever imagined! What a huge leap forward.Along with the full weapon customization. As much as I loot everything I will truly be able to put it all to use in this game. Impressive that was on the X1. Glad to see the console versions looking that good. Just wow!! :eek:

Last edited:
What was the mobile game called they showed? Fallout shelter or something? i cant find it on the app store. Anyone else see it?

Yeah, it's Fallout Shelter. It's only on iOS at the moment though

One of the games was a King Kong remake, the other was a Missile Command remake. I am showing my age. :lol:

You're talking about the PipBoy minigames I think

Yeah, it's Fallout Shelter. It's only on iOS at the moment though

You're talking about the PipBoy minigames I think
Cheers, I found out what it was but dont have IOS, It's a real shame hardly anyone uses android, Maybe of more used it some devs would realise it exists

One of the games was a King Kong remake, the other was a Missile Command remake. I am showing my age. :lol:
Ha i remeber them too, and Chuckie egg lol

...So then, Xbone version of FO4 WILL support PC mods. Hmmm. Will this come for PS4, too? I doubt it. Right now I'm pretty much convinced to drop my support for PlayStation platforms and jump into MS's pocket.

E3 conferences did it for me. Sony dropped the ball. They came off just a little desparate for my taste.

And the news of FO3 being bundled in made me kinda curious here - is this related to that "backwards comp" thing? Is the game being shipped within the disc? Or you just get a coupon and a download code? Is it GOTY version or a vanilla level-capped-at-20 one? :boggled:

So many questions...

...So then, Xbone version of FO4 WILL support PC mods. Hmmm. Will this come for PS4, too?

Okay I'm gonna look stupid now, I don't understand what you mean by 'mods', what are they ?, do you need some kind of link to a PC ?
I'm completely naive with PC's, the reason I don't have a picture for an avatar is I don't know how to do it :confused:.

Okay I'm gonna look stupid now, I don't understand what you mean by 'mods', what are they ?, do you need some kind of link to a PC ?
I'm completely naive with PC's, the reason I don't have a picture for an avatar is I don't know how to do it :confused:.
Mods are gaming modifications on PC. I don't know how exactly it works though (the transferring of mods from PC to XB1).

Back few years ago, I too was a greenhorn in the matters of PC, so you aren't alone. ;)

The mods are basically brand new contents and bug fixes non-employees of the original game developer creates and makes available on the net for free. Fallout series of games always had a MA-HOO-SI-VE modding community but they were always only for PC owners. (Hence the PC master race jokes...:rolleyes:)

As far as I can tell, I'm not certain how MS and Bethesda might incorporate this, but ideally, they should curate and find the so-called 'kosher' mods and make them available on Xbone. There are really garbage mods out there so you don't wanna run into a lemon that ends up frying your console, right?

Thanks for replies.
I really loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas, the only games I've got platinum, so I don't want to miss out on something good with Fallout 4, as I'll never buy an XB1 I'll be a bit peeved if some features are not on PS4.

Last edited:
Thanks for replies.
I really loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas, the only games I've got platinum, so I don't want to miss out on something good with Fallout 4, as I'll never but an XB1 I'll be a bit peeved if some features are not on PS4.

...Hey no prob. Although, you might be peeved in the end... Methinks this mod thing is only happening because both upcoming Windows 10 and Xbone supports DirectX12 thingymajjigy.

{or maybe MS wants to screw Sony over. who knows...}

...So then, Xbone version of FO4 WILL support PC mods. Hmmm. Will this come for PS4, too? I doubt it. Right now I'm pretty much convinced to drop my support for PlayStation platforms and jump into MS's pocket.

E3 conferences did it for me. Sony dropped the ball. They came off just a little desparate for my taste.

And the news of FO3 being bundled in made me kinda curious here - is this related to that "backwards comp" thing? Is the game being shipped within the disc? Or you just get a coupon and a download code? Is it GOTY version or a vanilla level-capped-at-20 one? :boggled:

So many questions...
Whoa wait what? FO3 is being bundled with FO4? They really don't want us to ever leave our house again after we get this do they? :eek:

Also yes there is a lot of confusion with the BC. Many questions for sure.

Also yes there is a lot of confusion with the BC. Many questions for sure.

...Off topic, but from what I read, it's not a real backwards compatibility. Meaning, even if you have a 360 game disc, and you plop that in your xbone, IT WON'T PLAY THAT, but rather DOWNLOAD the xbone compatible version off XBoxLive or somesuch.

And the games availability themselves are publisher dependent, so I'm guessing those titles that are getting remastered won't fall into this "BC" thingy.

...Off topic, but from what I read, it's not a real backwards compatibility. Meaning, even if you have a 360 game disc, and you plop that in your xbone, IT WON'T PLAY THAT, but rather DOWNLOAD the xbone compatible version off XBoxLive or somesuch.

And the games availability themselves are publisher dependent, so I'm guessing those titles that are getting remastered won't fall into this "BC" thingy.
I installed every 360 game I had. So it seems it could work one of two ways.
1. You install the 360 disc to the hard drive and play.
2. As you said, you put your disc in and then you have to download the game off of some sort of xboxlive marketplace. For free if you own the disc or have previously owned a digital copy.

I would prefer option 1 because it would install MUCH faster than having to download the game from the marketplace. Plus it could also potentially overload the servers if everyone had to download every game. This would be really rough for people that had a poor internet connection.

They already show multiple Halo games so those will indeed be in the BC even though TMCC already exists.

On topic.

Really looking forward to Fallout 4. It wont be a day 1 purchase as I said before because of their track record for releasing buggy games. However I do want it bad. The ability to create your own house, garden, and town is something I truly love to do in games. This would make collecting all the loot so much more valuable and make the game so much more immersive.

This would make collecting all the loot so much more valuable and make the game so much more immersive.

...Amen. And I'm not religious even. :lol:

In the E3 demo, there was a weapon that was similar to Rock-It-Launcher. You seeing the possibilities, eh?

Oh man I'm so killing 'em raiders with cooking pots in their faces ~ :D

...Amen. And I'm not religious even. :lol:

In the E3 demo, there was a weapon that was similar to Rock-It-Launcher. You seeing the possibilities, eh?

Oh man I'm so killing 'em raiders with cooking pots in their faces ~ :D
I honestly still think Bethesda stole E3 2015 with F4. Just wow.

Yes I used the Rock It Launcher a lot in F3 so I am looking forward to checking out this Tactical Junk Jet. :)

junk.png

AFAIK the GECK/TES Creation Kit works as a compiler of sorts. Technically they just need to add a "compile for Xbox One" box to thick when they'll release the Fo4 GECK, and an "upload to our shiny mod portal" one to go with it. Bethesda already has its own format for packaged assets (which is .bsa; not very popular with modders, but it's still there!)

With the way those new consoles work, it's not that hard to implement modding, if a developer is so inclined.

(Of course don't expect any of the very advanced mods using Script Extender scripts to work on the X1; I also expect a restriction on copyrighted material, so no Magpul tacticool rifles for X1 players).

Yes I used the Rock It Launcher a lot in F3 so I am looking forward to checking out this Tactical Junk Jet. :)

View attachment 390906

CRYOLATOR CONFIRMED.

But seriously, for the first time since I first played Fallout I am reeaally looking forward to playing with laser weapons and power armor. I am usually the leather-armor-and-hunting-rifle kind of guy, but... How can I say no to an automatic sniper laser rifle?

But it's not like we have to choose. By the looks of it, Fallout 4 may be the most replayable game ever.

Last edited:
AFAIK the GECK/TES Creation Kit works as a compiler of sorts. Technically they just need to add a "compile for Xbox One" box to thick when they'll release the Fo4 GECK, and an "upload to our shiny mod portal" one to go with it. Bethesda already has its own format for packaged assets (which is .bsa; not very popular with modders, but it's still there!)

With the way those new consoles work, it's not that hard to implement modding, if a developer is so inclined.

(Of course don't expect any of the very advanced mods using Script Extender scripts to work on the X1; I also expect a restriction on copyrighted material, so no Magpul tacticool rifles for X1 players).

CRYOLATOR CONFIRMED.

But seriously, for the first time since I first played Fallout I am reeaally looking forward to playing with laser weapons and power armor. I am usually the leather-armor-and-hunting-rifle kind of guy, but... How can I say no to an automatic sniper laser rifle?

But it's not like we have to choose. By the looks of it, Fallout 4 may be the most replayable game ever.

...Hey, you sound like you might have some experience in modding stuff. Thanks for the info, dude. (uh, you're a dude, right?)

I don't know how it's gonna be implemented. Only thing I can think of as a reference is... that Unreal Tournament 3 waaaay back when. That game had a map creation tool for modders to fiddle with, and many of the "nicer" maps made on PC ended up becoming available to download on PSN for use on PS3.

Maybe MS is looking to do the same. Hence me saying "curating". You are 100% right 'bout copyrighted stuff not being kosher so those mods won't make it - meaning 90% of what shows up in Nexus won't make it. A shame...

Agree with all of this. From the looks of it, Fallout 4 gives us a lot of things that not even the best mods of 3 and NV gave us, like customizable armor and an in-depth weapon customization system. Plus the fact that clothing, if I read that right, will be segmented a la Skyrim, will make the game much more customizable and suited to the player's tastes. I hated how outfits were just that, outfits, and you couldn't match whatever you wanted other than headgear.

So many questions...
It will come to PS4 too, but they'll implement this system on XB1 first.

This will take a bit so bear with me. Fallout 4, go to 3:40 in the video, the part where they are showing off the face sculpter. Right at the part where the guy says "What do you think honey, beard or no beard?" Look right between their heads, right into the background, there is a doorframe.
Right at 3:42 you will see a figure in some kind of armor. It's only for a split second at 3:42 but it's there.
If there is someone who can break that down into frame by frame to better see the image it would help.
I now wonder what else is "Tyler Durdened" into that trailer. My brother pointed that one out to me.
Happy hunting folks and enjoy.

The developers said it in a post-stream interview. It was on the main youtube livestream.

...Hmm. Well, that's good to know. Did they also talk about the FO3 bundle thingy? What's happening to that? Any news?

Back