Fallout 4

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 2,543 comments
I was exploring and heading over to unlock a settlement area in the middle of the map.
I'm level 18 and most critters around here are level 10, based on turning VATS on and the perk I took to see their levels. But when I ventured towards the shoreline of the river, a rad scorpion burst up from the ground.
While I was able to whittle it's health down a bit with my combat shotgun, it 2 shot me!

Reset and dropped down 4 frag mines ahead of the spawn point so I could retreat back over them.
They detonated but only got it down to half health and it's tail sting insta killed me.
Tried and failed again 2 more times.... VATS it on the last attempt and it showed it was level 24!

I decided to just go around it instead :)

---

I wonder if going full on "tank" build instead of damage would work

So, after a few hours with the game, I have noticed that the apocalypse has made me REALLY passive-aggessive in my dialogue choices.

Although I have played other Fallout games it is still taking me time to re-acquaint myself, and I always play at a slow pace. The lack of a booklet with the game definately makes life tough for new comers to Fallout, I only found the pip boy light by accident after many hours of game play.
When I got the game I spent some time studing the perks to see what I want for my style of play, going on my experience with the other games. It didn't take long for me to realise I had to think again.
RPG's are always slow to start with, as your character is weak, stick with it and the game comes to you.

This build calculator is a big help

http://www.nukahub.com/tools/special

The more I play this game the more I want to play it, I must have spent 6/7 hours today clearing out Spectacle Island to build a giant self-sufficient tower.
I'm thinking about getting a few robots to work on food production and surrounding it with MG turrets with the human settlers just chilling a few floors up.

This build calculator is a big help

http://www.nukahub.com/tools/special

Thank you.
Initially I had it all worked out, what Stength etc I would need for certain perks I wanted. After a few hours playing I had to re think because of the crafting, as some items need certain perks to be able to make them, not a problem and actually enjoyable.
I see you had the same Rad scorpion experience, not good for the nerves.
I thought being in the City would be safer, but no, anyone know how to craft a mine detector ?

So I started playing just few days ago. I'm playing at Survival Difficulty + Legendary Difficulty mod+ other mods. Most low level enemies can kill me in 3 hits and enemies with guns can one shot me. I don't know if I can keep this up. This is my first Fallout btw.

Stuck on the "Sanctuary" quest - where do I get crops to grow? The best I have found is wild mutfruit, but the game won't accept it as a substitute for mutfruit proper.

Stuck on the "Sanctuary" quest - where do I get crops to grow? The best I have found is wild mutfruit, but the game won't accept it as a substitute for mutfruit proper.

Location of Mutfruit in the Spoiler below. As soon as you get seeds, take them home and plant them. They are the rarest ingredient in a recipe for making adhesive.

Graygarden

So far I've done the Railroad and Institute endings...
Not really sure which one I like more to be honest. Might give the Minutemen a try next. But screw the Brotherhood.

Upgraded my X-01 set to Mk. IV. I need more Aluminum and Ceramic :grumpy:

At least Aluminum will be easy enough to come by..

So I just fully maxed out my relationship with Piper, got her perk and romanced her :lol:
Not a bad perk - double XP for passing speech checks and discovering locations

And we were chatting in Red Rocket, and then next thing I know, I hear my 2 HMG Sentry guns start tracking and firing. One near the garage and the other on the roof of Red Rocket
No perimeter walls or anything, but Dogmeat and Codsworth are also here.

I rush out and turn on VATs, and I see a super mutant.
I chase one down, and while I was doing this, I heard a beep sound, turned around and a kamikaze Super Mutant detonated on my sentry gun near the garage, which also knocked down all my carefully placed toys and decorations :boggled:

After looking around and looting, there were 3 Super Mutant bodies.
My second attack here, and again from Super Mutants with that simple attack, loot and return order note found on one of them :)

Ugh, all these messy body parts all over the base now :(

3 companions maxed out and perks gained, 1 romanced, onto the next!
:cheers:

Deciding between the sexy French accent bot, the PI synth or the Brother of Steel dude...
I think Piper has a quest or 2 as well, so I may continue using her for a bit to gain them

Last edited:
That's some chase, it's rare to be chased that far.
Well, I don't have many action points, so I burn them up quickly. I managed to out-smart it by going upstairs, which took me a longer to think of than I care to admit, since I sunk seven points into my intelligence.

Well, I don't have many action points, so I burn them up quickly. I managed to out-smart it by going upstairs, which took me a longer to think of than I care to admit, since I sunk seven points into my intelligence.

should have dropped a trail of mines behind you :)

I chase one down, and while I was doing this, I heard a beep sound, turned around a kamikaze Super Mutant detonated on my sentry gun near the garage,

Do you think that was intentional ?

As mentioned previously, I felt that raiders targeted the defences specifically, if this is the case it's a plus point to Bethesda.

Do you think that was intentional ?

As mentioned previously, I felt that raiders targeted the defences specifically, if this is the case it's a plus point to Bethesda.

Yeah, I'm certain it was, plus the sentry gun was shooting at it. So it mostly likely went straight to it.

These Kamikaze Super Mutants move fast.
I didn't even see it run there, and I was right at that detonation area 5 seconds before it blew up as well.

Last edited:
These Kamikaze Super Mutants move fast.
I got a fluke shot the other day when I fired blindly at a group of mutants and hit the mini nuke, I later found 6 bodies.
I must be getting old, I'm finding everything moves fast, definately faster than previous games.

I got a fluke shot the other day when I fired blindly at a group of mutants and hit the mini nuke, I later found 6 bodies.
I must be getting old, I'm finding everything moves fast, definately faster than previous games.

Yeah, hence why I got a VATs mod that has an option to actually freeze time like back in the Fallout 3 :)
Gives me time to think and plan my move and evaluate the situation and check out the enemy levels etc

Also, I picked up permanent Mole Rat disease, -10 max hp, from a quest :(
Didn't realise until I checked my status effects and saw that pill symbol!
All because I wanted Piper to like me :banghead:

Back