Fallout 4

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 2,543 comments
More Nick Valentine casefiles. There's only really the Darla, Earl Sterling, Marty Bullfinch and Eddie Winter cases - and "post-apocalyptic robot detective" is the most awesome sentence ever. There are a lot of little bits and pieces that can be found throughout the world that lend themselves to this, like why you find a key to the Boston Mayoral Shelter in the West Everett Estates.

More companion missions; Nick, Curie and MacCready all have them, but the likes of Preston and Hancock have fascinating stories that have enormous potential to build upon.

More areas to explore; I'm curious as to what is north of the Makhra Fishpacking Plant, south of the marshes and beyond the Glowing Sea.

Today's your lucky because one of the planned DLC, Far Harbor, is a case from the Valentine Detective Agency.

http://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-4-dlc-and-season-pass-changes-detailed/

Today's your lucky because one of the planned DLC, Far Harbor, is a case from the Valentine Detective Agency.
Sounds good. Might need to clean up my hard drive a bit. It's about 40% full, and I am expecting that to increase with Dirt Rally and (maybe) Far Cry Primal.

I got a solid 2.5 hours in last night and just hit level 22. I used the perk on Gun Nut 2.

My goal was actually to take Nick into Vault 81 to hack the terminals in there but I seem to have hit a dead end. On my first trip there with Preston, I got inside, paid my 3 fusion cores and took Austin's tour. Once that was finished I looked around and nothing else really came up. I found the Old and Current Overseer's terminals but couldn't hack them. Last night, I went back with Nick and found Ashes on the way in. Once we spoke to Erin to complete that little side mission, I tried to get Nick to open the Old Overseer's terminal. He couldn't get it and there was a note next to it saying it may be corrupt which I missed seeing the first time. We went to see the current Overseer and she was awake this time so we couldn't hack her computer.

I was in the mood to do more shooting and less exploring anyway so I said screw it and left. I followed the river away from there and headed towards HalluciGen. Upon approaching the building, I heard a Vertibird flying overhead and decided to follow it. I stumbled into an amphitheater with the Pillar's of the Community hanging out around a tire fire. As I was trying to find someone not named "Initiate" and with the Vertibird still circling overhead, a group of Raiders opened fire on us. I managed to hit the second Molotov tossed over in mid-air to take down a few of them and two BOS Knights quickly joined the action. Once the brief fire-fight was over, I found the leader of the Pillars who of course wanted me to join his cult and give him everything I had on me. Upon my refusal, he was combat shotgunned in the forehead and the BOS Knights helped out with the rest of his friends. Sadly, everything in their hide out was still red so Nick wasn't too happy with my taking their supplies.

I figured the Knights would still be waiting outside once I finished looting the amphitheater but when I came out they were gone. I could hear some gunshots in the distance and could just barely make out a light so I headed further up-river. The Knights were now engaging a couple mutants who only carried boards so they were easy targets. I continued to follow them to the next bridge on the river where a group of Raiders were waiting. Two of them were Legendary with one dropping leg armor and one having a Penetrating Combat Shotgun that ignored 30% of an enemy's armor. From there, the Knights crossed the bridge into Charlestown where I followed them up to the USS Constitution.

I followed all the missions from there which helped me stumble onto T-60 armor and West Everett Estates after grabbing the Poseidon transmitter. Right at the end of my battle with the mutants there, another Vertibird flew in and two more BOS Knights dropped down. When I finally thought I was done on the Constitution, Captain Ironsides told me I need a turbine or turbo pump or something. It was a little too late at that point so I had to end there for now.

I have only done the ArcJet quest with Danse to this point and told him I needed to think about his proposal to join the BOS (although my Pip-Boy says I declined his request under the quest checklist). I haven't even been back to the Cambridge Police station yet but after clearing Fort Hagen and killing Kellogg, the BOS air force flew in and I received another mission to return there. I'm guessing this BOS activity has something to do with that but it was fun having some gun fights with them luring out targets for me.

Currently trying to find 50 terminals. I am only at 24 total. This could take a while.
They're all over the place, so it's actually pretty easy. My hacking skill was really under-developed until late in the game, but even with the novice rating, I found them easily enough.

If I ever finish my current and first play-through, my goal is to do a second one with a female character on survival difficulty. The added difficulty would at least be off-set by knowing what will happen in the quests/story and any added features in the survival mode will be a bonus.

Pretty much what I was thinking.👍

I think both games have major flaws that prevent them from being GOTY material, even though I spent a *lot* of time in both. The Witcher 3 trumps them both IMO, it's executed so much better than both Fallout 4 and MGSV.

I feel tempted to get the season pass before the price goes up, But I'm not sure if it's worth the $34.99*

It is if you want all the DLC for 2016... iirc the current "discounted" pass price is the price of just the first round (Automatron, WW and Far Harbor).

The Steam description says it will include all the DLC for 29.99

To be more specific; in the UK the pass is currently £25. At £4, £8 and £20 that's a saving of £7 on the first round of DLC. That alone represents improved value. Add to that the remainder of the DLC (at least for 2016) at that all-in price and it's a bargain.

Will it be possible to just download Far Harbour, or do I need to get the other two first? The other two don't interest me much.

Will it be possible to just download Far Harbour, or do I need to get the other two first? The other two don't interest me much.
They all have individual prices, so I'm assuming so. But I'm curious why you wouldn't just get the season pass now at this point. It's only $5 more at this point and you get everything else they have made or will make for Fallout 4

Because I'm on a pretty tight budget. Sure, the season pass might only cost an extra $5, but how big are the downloads? The only internet connections that I have are the data that comes with my mobile plan and a pre-paid mobile broadband device.

Yes, if you only want Far Harbor you can just have that.
The Wasteland workshop pack does not interest me much, however the Automatron is intriguing.
The return of the Mechanist from Fallout 3, is he the same person ?, if so how does it fit if you sided with the AntAgoniser at Canterbury Commons and killed him, or is it the little boy who worshipped the Mechanist ?.
It will probably be a short DLC/storyline going by the price, but I'm curious to see how it plays out.
I've got the season pass so I'm a bit biased, but even with just Far Harbor, the other DLC's to come in the future free with the pass is definately worth it, I understand the budget though I'm the same.

I got a couple hours with the game yesterday and was able to finish the side mission for the USS Constitution. From there, Nick and I headed back over the bridge from Charlestown towards Goodneighbor where the next stop in my quest was. We never got there though because we ran into a group of Raiders outside Haymarket Mall and then needed to go inside to see what was going on.

I eventually got to the roof and as I'm looking down trying to use VATS on a Super Mutant in front of what I later found was Faneuil Hall, VATS locks on to an Alpha Deathclaw sprinting at me from the left. Needless to say the fight did not last long. For my second attempt, I lay down two bottle cap mines and a frag mine and then equip my missile launcher. This time it was a Legendary Deathclaw and after the three mines and a rocket in the face, he was already mutating. Thankfully he went straight at Nick and 3 rockets to his tail finished the job.

After clearing the mall, Nick and I cleared Faneuil Hall and then immediately received a message that Sanctuary was under attack. Four Raiders ran at the place but were quickly stopped by machine gun turrets. That was unfortunately all I had time for.

Finished my leisurely first pass (reached Level 96 along the way) through one of the possible story lines
I bought into the idealism of the Railroad in their mission to protect self-aware sentient beings. So I was totally sympathetic to Paladin Danse's
(being a synth)
The BoS really annoyed me with its negative attitude to Danse and capped that off by telling me that I had to help them take out the Railroad, so biting the bullet and alienating them by doing the Mass Fusion thing for the Institute seemed like a no-brainer.

I went on a rampage, killing everyone on board the Prydwen and wiping out the BoS remnants at Cambridge Police Station. Naively, I figured that the Railroad would appreciate me springing to their defense.

What I didn't realize is that my Railroad "friends" somehow listened in while I was being told to take them out and assumed that I would comply with the wishes of the BoS. I, on the other hand, assumed they'd still be my friends, until I got back to Red Rocket where I had parked all my accumulated companions and the Railroad guy Deacon went ape**** and tried to kill me.

It was dark, I didn't know who was shooting, and it turned into chaos with allies getting wounded, resulting in a few cycles of reloading to get past what I thought was some sort of glitch or bug.

Finally, I accepted the inevitable. Deacon was never going to give up. Deacon had to die. With a heavy heart, I laid him to rest in a pile of green goo and collected his belongings to give them to his next of kin under the old North Church.

Sadly, my dear friends there treated me very inhospitably. Reasoning with them wasn't an option. It was noisy. It was messy. However, I did enjoy wearing Tinker Tom's headgear for some time afterward as a mark of respect to his generosity in teaching me about Ballistic Weave and for the Weathervane Missions.

Gone were my aspirations of a relatively cooperative, inclusive and peaceful Commonwealth.

Sole Survivor 2.0 may fare better.

I have to say I'm not overly pleased with the way things turned out. I got lectured by various companions which made me feel even less pleased. However, the laws of unintended consequences are a part of real relationships with our broader environment, so hoping for "and everyone lived happily ever after" was unrealistic. I get that now.

Because I'm on a pretty tight budget. Sure, the season pass might only cost an extra $5, but how big are the downloads? The only internet connections that I have are the data that comes with my mobile plan and a pre-paid mobile broadband device.

Like you, I am on a tight budget, so I traded a game off to get the season pass at the discounted rate. I love this game way to much to pass it up.

Plus, Bethesda has said that this pass will cover all DLC for the game in the future. There won't be any Destiny Taken King action here.

Like you, I am on a tight budget, so I traded a game off to get the season pass at the discounted rate. I love this game way to much to pass it up.

Plus, Bethesda has said that this pass will cover all DLC for the game in the future. There won't be any Destiny Taken King action here.

Bethesda is hiking the price of the season pass in March, which is ridiculous. But it's not like if it hasn't been done before.

Bethesda is hiking the price of the season pass in March, which is ridiculous. But it's not like if it hasn't been done before.

I saw that, but truth be told, it doesn't really bother me. I don't happen to like that practice, but I always find Bethesda games offer a bang for your buck value that other titles don't offer me.

I was committed to their DLC no matter the price because of how much I enjoyed F3's add on content and of course, Fallout 4.

Thinking about the way my Fallout 4 experience ended, I think Far Harbour sounds like the perfect continuation:

I sided with the Railroad, destroying both the Brotherhood of Steel and the Institute. I shot Shaun - rather than let him die in the explosion - and denied that the synth Shaun was my son (which Deacon hated). Ever since then, I've been wandering the wastes with Dogmeat. Far Harbour sounds like the perfect set-up because my character, Marlon, is clearly disaffected with the world and looking for something new. Especially since I have taken to wearing the surveyor outfit and only carrying a rifle and a handgun. Plus, his face is covered in radiation dust and he has the "waster" hairdo.

Going through creating my new character, Gillian, now. Trying to decide what my base SPECIAL stats will be. Marlon has high intelligence, perception and agility, so I think I'll focus on charisma and luck this time.

The Minutemen feels like the most fitting faction for my current character but it feels completing the story whilst being on their side is taking forever, Or maybe I'm doing something wrong

Back