Fallout 4

• Thread starter Wiegert
  • 2,543 comments
Wondering if that would be a good idea for a thread or if someone has already done it.
This thread should be fine. A few of us have already discussed it here and there; for example, I have an explosive combat shotgun that I call "Cry Havoc"; the name comes from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar and the line "Cry 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war", which amounts to "on my signal, unleash hell".

This thread should be fine. A few of us have already discussed it here and there; for example, I have an explosive combat shotgun that I call "Cry Havoc"; the name comes from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar and the line "Cry 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war", which amounts to "on my signal, unleash hell".

Bloody teachers. :D

I love acknowledging the fact that you can build a massive settlement out of the resources from pencils and scissors. :lol:

I named one of my most using hunting rifles 'The Basterd' it's a shortened .50 with no scopes and it's awesome, I only use it with this mod.
image.jpeg

Is there a way to send companions to where they came from instead of the settlements? eg. Hancock to the Neighborhood, Piper to Diamond City etc.

Is there a way to send companions to where they came from instead of the settlements? eg. Hancock to the Neighborhood, Piper to Diamond City etc.
Just press back when they say send where and they'll go back home

I love acknowledging the fact that you can build a massive settlement out of the resources from pencils and scissors. :lol:

I think Bethesda hired MacGyver for the crafting system.

macgyver-multitool.jpg

I now know the character for my next playthrough. 💡

Finally hit level 50 last night. Starting to go for some of the achievements. Picked up 5 followers to get that out of the way and then went back to Piper as my main follower. I still need to hack about 20 more terminals along with finding 5 large enemies. I will eventually start a 2nd character to pick up the rest of the achievements. But that still might be a while. I am sure DLC will be coming in the near future.

I got a good amount of playing in recently.

I finished clearing Lexington and then wandered into Cambridge and found Danse at the Police Station. From there we went and cleared ArcJet, which I'm glad I didn't try to do alone when I stumbled upon it a few weeks ago with Dogmeat. I declined his offer with the BOS, I'm leaning towards the Minutemen at the moment but this is the first offer I have received so far. I'm starting to really get the hang of sneaking and Danse's gun has helped me master Critical Hits. I don't think I had used one before getting his Rightgeous Authority. I cleared the CIT Rotunda with a heavy sniper without being spotted once. It takes longer to sneak but it adds another dimension to the game than just running in with automatic rifles and drugs. Most recently, I helped defend Tenpines Bluff to a couple of Legendary Raiders and then found Flight 1981. I'm now clearing the bowling alley at the General Atomics Galleria.

I finished clearing Lexington and then wandered into Cambridge and found Danse at the Police Station. From there we went and cleared ArcJet, which I'm glad I didn't try to do alone when I stumbled upon it a few weeks ago with Dogmeat. I declined his offer with the BOS, I'm leaning towards the Minutemen at the moment but this is the first offer I have received so far.
It's worth joining them for now. Scribe Haylen will give you "Quartermastery" missions and Knight Rhys will send you on "Cleansing the Commonwealth" quests that give you plenty of bonus experience. Danse will give you "The Lost Patrol", which is long and difficult, but gives you a massive experience boost. Danse is also available as a companion later on, and you'll get access to some good gear - including power armour - after a few more story quests.

None of your actions will irrevocably change your stance towards any one faction for quite some time. It's quite possible for you to side with all factions at once with no ill effect. The game will give you a warning the first time you make a permanent choice, but only the first time (although it is possible to consciously side against factions beforehand - killing any named character will turn them against you).

Unlocked "Mercenary" and "....The harder they fall" achievements last night. Now to start working on Terminals (I have 20), bobble heads (I only have 4), and finally to get a settlement to 100% happiness. I have around 30 settlements so I will have to decide which one I want to focus on. Probably Sanctuary.

After that it will be time for a new character to pick up the rest of the achievements. So still a ways to go but I am making great progress.

finally to get a settlement to 100% happiness. I have around 30 settlements so I will have to decide which one I want to focus on. Probably Sanctuary.
Just be aware of the settlement glitches that can make this very difficult and frustrating.

^ Those posts were removed.

So I'm stuck right now following Dogmeat on the trail of Kellogg. We got to the Mass Pike West Tunnel where there are a few bodies and one says "Inspect Blood Spatter." Except every time I hit X, it does nothing. I tried telling Nick to inspect it and he does nothing. I'm going to try and go into the pike tunnel and see if I can clear it and reset the mission.

Also, I have not experienced any freezing or issues until this latest patch was downloaded. I didn't look to see what the notes said, but I may delete it and see if it helps.

@88GTA
I got caught out om that one, too. I'm pretty sure you're actually looking for either bloody bandages or a cigar. Keep checking the area - from memory, what you're looking for is near the access point in the wall.

^ Those posts were removed.

So I'm stuck right now following Dogmeat on the trail of Kellogg. We got to the Mass Pike West Tunnel where there are a few bodies and one says "Inspect Blood Spatter." Except every time I hit X, it does nothing. I tried telling Nick to inspect it and he does nothing. I'm going to try and go into the pike tunnel and see if I can clear it and reset the mission.

Also, I have not experienced any freezing or issues until this latest patch was downloaded. I didn't look to see what the notes said, but I may delete it and see if it helps.

PM is right, you're looking for bloody bandages and then back to cigars. Try looking through both of the raider forts on the sides of the tunnel exit (little guard posts up on the walls). That should get you in the right place but just in case you have more trouble don't hesitate to look it up on youtube, I think that's how I found the location.

Thanks gents, I got it. Well into Fort Hagan now.
I have noticed it sometimes when the game doesn't clear away the remains of enemies. I killed a Deathclaw with a plasma weapon near the BADTFL Regional Offices, and there was a bright green goo puddle left behind. The game gave me the option to "activate" it every time I went past - even a dozen hours after the fact - but nothing ever happened (not that I was expecting it to).

I dunno what you're on about as the posts are still well and truly there? :confused:
Sorry. On my screen they say "This Facebook post is no longer available. It may have been removed or the privacy settings may have changed."

Sorry. On my screen they say "This Facebook post is no longer available. It may have been removed or the privacy settings may have changed."

I get the same thing.

I get the same thing.
Oh, that's odd. I'll just quote the posts here.

First post says;
We know you're ready to learn what's coming for Fallout 4 DLC. We're not far off and we think you'll be excited.

Second post says;
We're also doing a complete overhaul of Survival mode. Food, sleep, diseases, danger and more. Stay tuned.

So with that, what do we all think or wish is coming for DLC?

More Nick Valentine casefiles. There's only really the Darla, Earl Sterling, Marty Bullfinch and Eddie Winter cases - and "post-apocalyptic robot detective" is the most awesome sentence ever. There are a lot of little bits and pieces that can be found throughout the world that lend themselves to this, like why you find a key to the Boston Mayoral Shelter in the West Everett Estates.

More companion missions; Nick, Curie and MacCready all have them, but the likes of Preston and Hancock have fascinating stories that have enormous potential to build upon.

More areas to explore; I'm curious as to what is north of the Makhra Fishpacking Plant, south of the marshes and beyond the Glowing Sea.

Oh, that's odd. I'll just quote the posts here.
Thanks for quoting those posts. 👍

Well I'm not sure what I would want because I haven't finished the story yet. I do think that it means we will be seeing hydration and starvation play into the survival difficulty mode as well as the diseases. I've read that games like DayZ already have some built in diseases like hepatitis and cholera which can drastically effect your character and require certain supplies to remedy.

If I ever finish my current and first play-through, my goal is to do a second one with a female character on survival difficulty. The added difficulty would at least be off-set by knowing what will happen in the quests/story and any added features in the survival mode will be a bonus.

Back