Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
Why DriveClub would worry me if I was hoping to use a Fanatec wheel on Gran Turismo Sport is it's FIRST PARTY...

So far Thrustmaster has a PS license and so does Logitech, but Fanatec simply got some THIRD PARTIES like Codemasters and SMS to put their drivers into their games.

Even on the PS3 Fanatec wheels were never officially supported, they just kinda snuck in as Logitech wheels. But since even unlicensed and older Logitech wheels aren't even getting PS4 support this time, I doubt that'll fly.

I know it sounds like I am slamming Fanatec here, but honestly, I'd love to see Fanatec fully supported on PS4 since my console wheel is a CSR Elite. I doubt I'd get lucky enough to get legacy support, but you never know.

Last edited:
In that case I hope they will release a ps4 rim if it is necessary for licensing (because of buttons).

But GT is a big whale and I hope Fanatec will not ignore them.

Ideally, I'd like to wait until they have a PS4 compatible wheel rim with the PS button. Traditional PS buttons would be great too.

Jerome

The thing is that BMW and Formula rims are awesome (And guess they would perfectly fit FIA events) and GT/ps4 only wheel rim would make those not compatible.

Looks like we are getting closer (this is GT6 but it is still an official GT demonstration using Fanatec grear.

20151029-gt6-13.JPG

i1wcmfrue5xaquhkrs0t.jpg

Just sorting some things out before purchasing...

Anyone have any experience using a CSW V2 with an Xbox One Universal Hub on PC, PS4, and Xbox One (or any variant of that). Basically, I'd like to know if it is simple to switch back and forth between Xbox and one of the others. I'd like to use a usb switcher to do this. I thought I'd ask before finding myself disappointed.

Also, there is currently no formula option for CSW V2 on the Xbox One- Is that correct?

Thanks. That is what I thought. I'm not even sure what the best F1 experience out there is right now. I really enjoy F1 in Project Cars on PC so I don't think this makes it a dealbreaker.

Full Frame D-box WITH a seat mover....Now that something unique Eh @Mayaman..... I could only Imagine HOW loud all those actuator's in use would be, Ear plugs anyone ?

Thats not a Dbox, that is something else. Dbox doesn't make any noise at all. Have no idea what actuators those are.

Is there anyone here who have both experience with Thrustmaster T500 and CSW V2? Is it worth the insane price?

I have both.
The T500 RS is a very nice wheel but there is a clear gap between the CSW V2 and this TM wheel. It is not just a bit better: it is a significantly different experience.

But you are right. If you compare the T500 RS versus a CSW V2 + a rim + CSP V3 pedals, the price impact is huge: nearly 3 times more expensive for Fanatec.

It is, if you apreciate quality items for their beauty and engineering, rather than their outright performance compared to less expensive options.

Think Casio watch vs. TAG Heuer. The Casio will tell time just as accurately (better in fact!), but the TAG is just so much more enjoyable.

That being said. The Fanatec is better in every possible way. And I have owned both the T500 and TX. The TX was a brittle piece of garbage.

If you have the money, 100% go Fanatec. If you almost have the money, then maybe mix the CSP v3s with a TM wheel and upgrade to the CSW V2 base/rims later. If you don't have the money, get a TM wheel.

Hmmm... On sale next week but no word yet on which platform(s). And no news on the usual Fanatec beta or previews. This is going to be interesting :)

Don't even need to photoshop it, you can see the Xbox buttons (colors) in the image. Looks like the same diameter as the Porsche GT2/3 rim. The big question is will it support both PS4 and XB1 and at what price? <$300 (with pedals) and both systems would be ideal for most people I think.

For Fanatec it makes sense to do another wheel that will work for all. They have been losing a lot of sales for a mid priced solution while Thrust-master have been selling plenty of T300 & TX wheels and some nice rims too.

Last edited:
I would love for this to be the rumored mid level product, but for that; I am expecting a lower cost wheelbase that has built in Xbone and PS4 compatibility. That's why I firmly believe this is just a Xbone wheel for the CSW V2.

It could be a dual compatibility wheel, if Fanatec uses button caps for Xbone use, and has them removed for PS4/PC use...

There's a thought. And that would explain the extra 4 buttons by the thumb stick on the left.

Last edited:
New CSL XBox One wheel is available for order on the US site already!

"CSL Steering Wheel P1 for Xbox One USA, Model: CSL RP1X, $139.95"

Decision time for the CSWv2 (and accessories)... Has anyone used the clubsport table clamp and replaced the stock clamping bolts with shorter ones? Or, do you not need them if hard mounting?

Table clamp = Massive amount of flex to the base.

I'm using an Obutto Ozone. I'm wondering if I need it (to angle down) or if a horizontal (flat) orientation is all I need. I'm certainly not interested in those adjustable clamps impeding leg movement, either getting in/out or while racing.

Back