Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
i didnt update the drivers yet, running fm 56.

only got to play a little bit of GT6 durning my lunch since i dont own other games or a PC at the moment lol.

The wheel is amazing, really smooth so much different then the CSR-E. Having a real feeling wheel is a big change from the plastic wheel the CSR-E had. The change from car to car is really noticable, now i wish i had a PC and Assetto corsa/iracing to test the full potential of this setup.

Was also my first time using the CSS SQ as well and it feels solid also a huge step up from the plastic Porsche shifter and my old G25 shifter. Besides the finicky GT6 clutch/shifter issue the shifter also had some issues with going into 2nd, it would read as 4th. It could have just been putting it into 4th by accident maybe will need to fully test later after i get of work.

Is your fan running all the time with the fw 56? I haven't used mine very much but the side fan has yet to come on.

Edit: Alright been messing with it past few minutes. Seems the side fan must come on when it gets to a certain temp cause when I turn it first on and its doing its start up and the wheel is spinning around the fan is working then when it stops back at center the fan turns off. Also if I turn it off the wheel is really free to turn like I first noticed and only seems to add the damping when its on so guess I need to mess with the settings. I only race on iracing and never used any dri on my V1 but seems a few guys are running it from 1-5 on the V2.

Last edited:
Is your fan running all the time with the fw 56? I haven't used mine very much but the side fan has yet to come on.

Edit: Alright been messing with it past few minutes. Seems the side fan must come on when it gets to a certain temp cause when I turn it first on and its doing its start up and the wheel is spinning around the fan is working then when it stops back at center the fan turns off. Also if I turn it off the wheel is really free to turn like I first noticed and only seems to add the damping when its on so guess I need to mess with the settings. I only race on iracing and never used any dri on my V1 but seems a few guys are running it from 1-5 on the V2.

Looks to be normal. :)

http://www.fanatec.com/download/CSW...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

6.4.2 Automatic fans adjustment
The firmware provides different stages of fan control which are clearly defined
after intensive testing on the R&D lab:
When switching ON the ClubSport Wheel Base V2 the fans operate at maximum
speed until calibration run is completed. After calibration run the fans are
completely stopped.
While using the ClubSport Wheel Base V2 the motor temperature will increase
so that first the backside fan will restart operation, later the side fan also restarts.
When the ClubSport Wheel Base V2 remains ON without using it for a while
after playing it will calm down so that first the side fan will stop, later the backside
fan also will stop.
The operation speed of the fans is adjusted to the currently

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received UPS tracking code :)
The wheel was ordered at Oct 8.
Also have one spare EU invite for someone looking to order the wheel.

Just wanted to share that Fanatec support was stellar in fixing my broken Clubsport CSS V1.0 shifter.

I ordered and received that shifter in the first batch and I was always missing 3rd and 4th shifts and the shaft had a annoying turn/twist.

(1) On Saturday the 6th the shifter finally decided to miss more shifts and I was feed up and submitted an online form via the fanatec website with a video. I did not hear anything back my Monday the 8th so I sent an email to support (e-support@fanatec.com) with my serial/video etc.)
(2) On Tuesday the 9th I heard back from the support team to RMA it. I sent it to the CA service center on 10/12.
(3) This week on Monday 12/15 it arrived back in Seattle, same shifter but straight away I noticed that the shifting action was tighter, more precise and no annoying shaft twist.

I remounted it and the shifting action is greatly improved with no more mis-shifts. Obviously the retrofit to V1.5 has made a world of difference and I am impressed now with this shifter. I cannot complain at all about the service turnaround time.

Brad

Got my V2 Base. Tested it 10 mins with AC and iRacing. Extreme strong FFB with the Formula Rim. I set Force down to 80 because 100 was to much. Feels great so far. Intense testing later.

Bad news. After two days of usage my V2 wheel has some minor binding and popping during rotation. It is still functioning, but not properly, so I will have to contact Fanatec support when I get a chance. :(

Is Firmware 56 the latest for the CSW V2? I haven't had a chance to hook it up on the work PC to find out. Too much fun playing GT6 with it =)

Mine is up and running fine. Haven't done any testing on PS3 but I've been playing a lot of PC racing games and I love this wheel already.

Yes yes yes !!!!!!! Order it on 17 sept
image.jpg
image.jpg

Got to have a very in depth Touchy Feely session with this thing, As well I brought my CSW F1 wheel to compare the "click" of the shifters. (shoes and gloves too Lol)

I was Rather surprised to have essentially the same travel and somewhat similar click feeling, Only thing it lacked was the actual Mechanical Click feeling the real Deal had, Both paddle's being on the same Axle and that Funny "lobed" looking thing is what activates the switches up top.

Brake pedal was like pushing on a brick wall, Next to NOTHING for travel. I would venture to say 1/16" or less, Throttle had a little heavier feel than a Fully loosed Off CSP Throttle would.

The Brake Biased gauge Felt Very Cool to play with as well, Could easily see reaching down to give a press or Pull and hand back up on the wheel.

Cockpit was FAR bigger than i had imagined as well, Im not a Tiny guy, But someone Significantly bigger than me could easily fit in the seat bucket (had ZERO padding)

It was a shame the Wheel and the Car itself were in pretty sad shape from all the "johns" its seen in all the city's across the world, But Dirty or not it was a Freeking Awesome experience.

What surprised me the most about the wheel is a complete silence of the steering mechanism. This for me was very important reason to upgrade. G25 was sounding like a hand saw and really took out the immersion, especially when drifting.

But this is silent and smooth as silk. Together with superb FFB, you really get immersed that you're driving heavy GT3 car. FFB is really detailed. If the car does something on the screen, you feel it instantly. Every bump or even different surface is communicated through.

BMW GT2 rim fits perfectly for me, size is spot on. Bigger distance between paddles and rims means no more bruised fingers while drifting. And many buttons to map everything important to it. Larger diameter makes no difference to FFB, I keep it around 70% in games.

I only got to test it in AC, R3E still didn't fix the server issues after waiting 1h for steam to update :grumpy:

So far, initial impression is very good. Even after all the reviews I've seen, I had to drive it myself, to see the huge difference.

Bad news. After two days of usage my V2 wheel has some minor binding and popping during rotation. It is still functioning, but not properly, so I will have to contact Fanatec support when I get a chance. :(

I contacted Fanatec and sent along a video, they were very quick in their response. Unfortunately it is RMA time and must be sent back for repair. I am disappointed to have waited 2 and a half months for a defect, but at least it will be resolved soon.

Cheers. :)

I contacted Fanatec and sent along a video, they were very quick in their response. Unfortunately it is RMA time and must be sent back for repair. I am disappointed to have waited 2 and a half months for a defect, but at least it will be resolved soon.

Cheers. :)
Damn, did they give an indication as to how long you would have to wait for it?

Messed around with my new V2 all day yesterday and it really made my CSR Elite feel like a toy, the leather bound and larger Porche rim made the difference. I tried AC, Grid 2, Dirt 2, and Dirt 3 on the PC and it was a wonderful experience, it really breathed new life into these titles.

It did take me awhile though to get it working with the PS3 because the quick setup guide has the incorrect buttons listed. GT6 worked flawlessly. Did they update the shifting in the game as I didn't experience as many miss shifts as I remember having previously?

I have an Obutto rig that I also use to play other PC games on and I was wondering if I needed to put the permanent screw in place for the rim. The instructions really didn't mention it and I've tried looking a little on the web and did see a couple of posts about issues on the V1 where users without using the pin, after awhile, had issues with the paddles not responding. I'd really like it if I didn't have to since that would make it a true quick release.

Damn, did they give an indication as to how long you would have to wait for it?

The email reads: "When we received the return shipment our technical support will repair the good asap and send it back to you."

I dropped it off at the UPS store today on my lunch hour, I live near La Mirada so they should have it tomorrow or Monday. I've got my fingers crossed they can turn it right around.

It did take me awhile though to get it working with the PS3 because the quick setup guide has the incorrect buttons listed. GT6 worked flawlessly. Did they update the shifting in the game as I didn't experience as many miss shifts as I remember having previously?

I spent an hour doing the same thing when I first received mine. Buttons for PS3 Mode = SELECT + CIRCLE and I ended up having to list the button locations from the CSW V2 Manual Video on my Quick Start Guide. :)

not really reliable then i guess ??:confused: hmmmzz :odd:

One faulty wheel out of how ever many have gone out so far is hardly unacceptable and I wouldn't call it a reliability problem. Of course it sucks to be the one who gets the occasional one but when looking at the big picture, this is the first I've seen (and I've read many people's feedback) where there is a problem.

Back