Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel Thread- officially licensed for PS4

• Thread starter PzR Slim
  • 2,901 comments
I just ordered my CSL Elite racing wheel official playstation. Got it for $400 with the black friday sale.

Pretty excited for the upgrade. Im currently running a T300RS Ferrari Alcantara edition. Which had the power supply die on me. I managed to fix it with a laptop power supply which is working better actually with more amps.

I just ordered my CSL Elite racing wheel official playstation. Got it for $400 with the black friday sale.

Pretty excited for the upgrade. Im currently running a T300RS Ferrari Alcantara edition. Which had the power supply die on me. I managed to fix it with a laptop power supply which is working better actually with more amps.
I congratulate you. this is a wonderful price. that is how much it should cost. May you be lucky and you will not recognize its bad sides.

So After many, many years using a G27 then G29, I decided to splash out a bit of extra cash. My Black Friday CSL Elite turned up on Thursday and I have only played GT Sport so far but OH MY GOD the difference. I heard people say it's a noticable upgrade, but even that doesn't do it justice. It's just... INSANE straight out of the box with no tuning whatsoever.

Mine finally showed up yesterday. Although a day late. Thanks Fedex:irked:

Too bad a ruined my neck/back at work yesterday. So now i cant movey head without dying. All i can do is look at my new wheel wishing i wasnt a vegetable.

Attachments

• 20201209_042720.jpg
    20201209_042720.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 29
Mine finally showed up yesterday. Although a day late. Thanks Fedex:irked:

Too bad a ruined my neck/back at work yesterday. So now i cant movey head without dying. All i can do is look at my new wheel wishing i wasnt a vegetable.

Hope you get well soon and are able to enjoy your new wheel! The one day doesn't hurt as much as your back I guess.

Mine arrived today . I got it in the Black Friday sale. I thought I'd treat myself :)

It's my first wheel in years. Before this had a Thrustmaster Ferrari Racing wheel years ago. No idea what to expect but I'm guessing this is going to be totally different experience :lol:

Will it be OK mounted on a desk? I'm also downloading PC2 - hopefully it's not going to be too painful setting it up.

I got muscle relaxers and some stuff for inflammation.

But i got work restrictions of no lifting 10 pounds or more.

Not how I'd feel wrestling the FFB with my spine hurting.

Sorry to hear that, hope you get well soon. You are in for a treat with your new gear! :)

Thanks!

I took it out of the box today. Gonna see about mounting it later on. Gotta get some bolts for it.

Im thinking about running all 4 holes (including the 10mm for the clamp) that way its super secure.

Yep, 4 bolts is the way to go... I am using my good and sturdy wheel stand pro... 10+ years and still going strong, after an upgrade to accommodate the Fanatec gear that is...

Yep, 4 bolts is the way to go... I am using my good and sturdy wheel stand pro... 10+ years and still going strong, after an upgrade to accommodate the Fanatec gear that is...
Yup, I been using my Wheel Stand Pro from way back when I bought my first Logetech G29 wheel similarly.
When I upgraded to the Fanatec I simply drilled the respective holes on the plate using the Fanatec base template for a sturdy mount. Prior to that I was using the table clamps but that kept sliding at times which was very distracting so the hard mounted base was perfect with no more slippage.

For the pedals, when I had the G29 pedals that came with the G29 set that was of course hardmounted with its supplied bracket. When I bought the Fanatec CSL Elite set I used the same bracket for the pedals but needed to get a longer bolt to attach. Later on when I bought the Fanatec V3 pedals I needed to get the specific brackets for that though which I got from Wheel Stand Pro (You have to contact WSPro Sales rep for that though which was easy enough, bought and attached for hardmounting the V3 pedals.

That Wheel Stand Pro still going strong after many years.

Yup, I been using my Wheel Stand Pro from way back when I bought my first Logetech G29 wheel similarly.
When I upgraded to the Fanatec I simply drilled the respective holes on the plate using the Fanatec base template for a sturdy mount. Prior to that I was using the table clamps but that kept sliding at times which was very distracting so the hard mounted base was perfect with no more slippage.

For the pedals, when I had the G29 pedals that came with the G29 set that was of course hardmounted with its supplied bracket. When I bought the Fanatec CSL Elite set I used the same bracket for the pedals but needed to get a longer bolt to attach. Later on when I bought the Fanatec V3 pedals I needed to get the specific brackets for that though which I got from Wheel Stand Pro (You have to contact WSPro Sales rep for that though which was easy enough, bought and attached for hardmounting the V3 pedals.

That Wheel Stand Pro still going strong after many years.

My homemade rig is serving me pretty well. Theres a minute amount of flex but not enough to take away from the fun.

I want a P1 but ill have to wait until we move into a house since the gf wants the 2nd bedroom in the apt to be a "guest room", which sucks cause we literally do not use it.

Could have been my mancave!!!

Pic of rig, test fitting the new base.

Attachments

• 20201209_170622.jpg
    20201209_170622.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 30
In the picture you have a entertainment stand with your stereo on it just like mine, but I have a tv mount on it :cheers:.
View attachment 977365

Thats awesome. Seems like a popular entertainment center.

My tv is mounted on the wall above the fire place. 65" TCL

Now my only issue is the drivehub not working and my T-LCM not being recognized. Arg!

Attachments

• 20201209_200839.jpg
    20201209_200839.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 27
Got the drivehub working! I had to update the firmware apparently. Its been a year or ao since i got it. I assume the T-LCM pedals just weren't supported.

Now the problem is that in AC and ACC i can't change my gas and clutch around. Since i have my pedals inverted this is quite inconvenient. Playing on PS4.

Got the drivehub working! I had to update the firmware apparently. Its been a year or ao since i got it. I assume the T-LCM pedals just weren't supported.

Now the problem is that in AC and ACC i can't change my gas and clutch around. Since i have my pedals inverted this is quite inconvenient. Playing on PS4.

Did you switch them hardware wise?

I have had no problems with both my G25 and my current V3 pedals in mentioned games using drivehub on the ps4.

Did you switch them hardware wise?

I have had no problems with both my G25 and my current V3 pedals in mentioned games using drivehub on the ps4.

No the pedals are mounted upside down. So the clutch pedal is the trottle and vice versa.

I might actually open up the pedals and see if i can just swap the connectors around on the main board.

No the pedals are mounted upside down. So the clutch pedal is the trottle and vice versa.

I might actually open up the pedals and see if i can just swap the connectors around on the main board.

By turning them upside down you have indeed swapped them hardware wise. Yes , try flipping the connectors.

By turning them upside down you have indeed swapped them hardware wise. Yes , try flipping the connectors.

Took the pedals apart and swapped the connectors on the main board from the gas and clutch, ans voila! Everything works perfectly now!

So obviously i had to fire up ACC on the PS4 and holy crap the CSL is so much better than the T300RS. I mean like miles, scores, leagues better. I have the FFB on the wheel set to 100 and in game even at 50 its over twice as powerful as the t300 ever was.

I had the t300 at 100 wheel and 100 in game and it was still very weak feeling. There was detail but no strength so it sorta felt meh. But now with the CSL its all come alive!

Love the new wheel! Fanatec fan for life now boys!

Last edited:
^ In July I went from G25 to CSW2.5 with V3. A giant leap.

I was really on the fence about buying it. Thinking "how much better can ot really be, its their entry level wheel base?"

I was so wrong and im glad i was. Best purchase I've made in a long time.

Now i gotta figure out what 2nd rim i wanna buy haha. Yay for money right

Noob question. I recently bought a CSL Elite racing wheel (https://fanatec.com/eu-en/racing-wh...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet). I haven't unboxed it yet and was hoping to test it this weekend. Can I actually use it without pedals?

Also, any recommendations on pedals/shifter? I don't want to spend crazy money.

I'm thinking these pedals: https://fanatec.com/eu-en/pedals/cs...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

As for the shifter, the Fanetec Clubsport is a bit over my budget. Are the wheel shifters good enough?

@doodah It is technically possible to drive without pedals, if you assign the throttle and brake inputs to something else, like a button on the wheel, but that would be a digital input and unsuitable for precise driving. Would be enough to just 'try' the Racing Wheel if you can't wait to get pedals though.

The CSL Elite Pedals LC would be an ideal match to the Racing Wheel you've already purchased.

The paddle shifters on the included wheel are comfortable to use and have snap-dome activation, meaning that there is a good amount of tactile feedback, so you can feel (rather than just see/hear) whether you've really hit the input. They are great for driving cars that also use paddle shifters in reality.

But if you want to make use of the clutch pedal for full manual gear changes (H-pattern gearbox simulation), then this is generally quite difficult to do in combination with paddle shifters, particularly if you are familiar with manual transmission driving in reality. It requires precise timing of a paddle shift in combination with a clutch movement, which is quite different to using an H-pattern shifter, where the selected gear input is operating like a constantly held button. It's not impossible to do (and also depends on how forgiving the gearbox simulation is in the game you're using), but it is far more intuitive to drive H-pattern simulation with a proper shifter.

Thanks Dom, I'll try and configure the wheel buttons later. I suppose it'll be good enough to test out the wheel.

I really didn't consider all these other options when I initially purchased the wheel. I'd like to try and keep the costs down if possible so I might buy the cheaper CSL Elite Pedals that I can upgrade later, adding an extra Loadcell pedal (and H-pattern shifter). In hindsight, I really should have ordered the CSL starter bundle.

Noob question. I recently bought a CSL Elite racing wheel (https://fanatec.com/eu-en/racing-wh...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet). I haven't unboxed it yet and was hoping to test it this weekend. Can I actually use it without pedals?

Also, any recommendations on pedals/shifter? I don't want to spend crazy money.

I'm thinking these pedals: https://fanatec.com/eu-en/pedals/cs...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

As for the shifter, the Fanetec Clubsport is a bit over my budget. Are the wheel shifters good enough?

I wouldn't recommend using the wheel without pedals.
As for the CSL Elite pedals with the loadcell brake while the loadcell brake is good it still remains the clutch and throttle contain potentiometers. In my experience (and many others) the potentiometers get dirty too quickly, need cleaning or else sticks during use and need replacing. Very frustrating. If I were you I'd invest in the Clubsport pedals V3 instead. Much superior pedals set in every way which don't rely on potentiometers but contain loadcell brakes and contactless hall sensors for clutch and throttle...so no issue with getting dirty etc and has a very long life span.
You can save the money you would have otherwise spent on the H-pattern shifter and invest in the V3 pedals instead.
https://fanatec.com/eu-en/pedals/cl...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet
The paddles on the wheel are excellent for gear shifting so you don't really need the additional shifter. Plus one less thing to think about while racing so Win-Win. That would be my recommendation. You can't go wrong with the wheel and V3 pedals. Those V3 pedals would outlast you. Well worth it.

Last edited:
Back