Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro

• Thread starter daan
  • 2,329 comments
I like your settings, @PirovacBoy.

I've been tinkering with the wheel today as well (I'm considering an article to help people get their wheels back in working order post-1.15) and landed on these settings. These feel similar to yours but there might be a bit more overall strength.

8nm (Boost Kit)
SEN: AUTO
FF: 100
FFS: PEAK
NDP: OFF
NFR: 030
NIN: OFF
INT: 03
FEI: 100
FOR: 120
SPR: OFF
DPR: OFF

FF MAX TORQUE: 10 (I did actually lower this to 8 in some cars!)
FF SENSITIVITY: 1

Please give these a try and let me know what you think.

I still think I liked the pre-1.15 FFB better - and no, it's definitely not as "strong" - but I've grown to like it.

I like your settings, @PirovacBoy.

I've been tinkering with the wheel today as well (I'm considering an article to help people get their wheels back in working order post-1.15) and landed on these settings. These feel similar to yours but there might be a bit more overall strength.

8nm (Boost Kit)
FF: 100
NDP: OFF
NFR: 030
NIN: OFF
INT: 03
SPR: OFF
DPR: OFF

FF MAX TORQUE: 10 (I did actually lower this to 8 in some cars!)
FF SENSITIVITY: 1

Please give these a try and let me know what you think.

I still think I liked the pre-1.15 FFB better - and no, it's definitely not as "strong" - but I've grown to like it.
I'm going to give all these settings a try later. Still haven't logged in post patch. Out of curiosity, what was your pre patch settings? I tried a lot, but eventually landed on fanatics recommended settings with the only change of going to max torque of 6-7 in game. Depending what car I was driving and what rim I was using

I'm going to give all these settings a try later. Still haven't logged in post patch. Out of curiosity, what was your pre patch settings? I tried a lot, but eventually landed on fanatics recommended settings with the only change of going to max torque of 6-7 in game. Depending what car I was driving and what rim I was using
My previous settings were based on the Fanatec recommended defaults, but with NDP off and INT 3. In-game, I adjusted FF Max Torque between 3-5 depending on the car.

I actually had a GT7-specific review and tuning guide (with videos) for the wheel ready to publish.

Thanks to this update... yeah, so much for that. :rolleyes:

I don't think 8Nm is any better under the current 1.15 version, in blue PS4/PS5 mode it feels even lighter than a G29 to me, and I say that as someone who has used a G27 and a G29 for 8 years before getting GT DD Pro. There was no resistance at all, the only FFB I could feel was understeer vibration.
Exactly the same for me. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

@Jordan and @PirovacBoy
We seem to have the same preferences, transparency first and foremost. That means NDP and NFR Off, and then increasing INT or lowering FEI until the sensations don't feel too harsh/robotic/buzzy anymore. Fanatec tuning menu isn't more complicated than that really, if transparency is the goal.
However, to avoid injuries for beginners or if letting a friend try it, NDP and NFR is useful.

To me, this is similar to setting up audio equipment. I want to hear what the producers wanted me to hear, even if I don't "like" it, initially at least. While most people seem to like equalizers and speakers/headphones/electronics that put their own color over everything.

Correct me if I'm wrong. You two are among the few whose opinions I value - much more than any Youtuber trying to stick out from the crowd with magic and sensationalism.

I look forward to your future comments!

And in any case, once again, I find the new FFB (GT7 1.15) vastly improved, more so than when going from G29 to DD. They just need to put the "volume" back to 100% and I couldn't be happier.

Last edited:
We confirmed an issue where certain steering wheel controller and vehicle combinations would cause excessively strong force feedback vibrations which could result in injury, and so we greatly reduced the force feedback/torque as a temporary emergency measure on those specific steering wheels.*

However, this is only a temporary solution and we are working to improve performance and implement more suitable force feedback sensitivity for each controller through a future update.

*Adjusted steering wheel controllers:

・Thrustmaster T-GT
・FANATEC Podium
・FANATEC GT DD Pro

Interesting. The Podium makes sense considering it’s a very powerful wheel, but the DD Pro “only” produces 8nm at peak. Is that still painful in short bursts like going over a kerb?

I've found Assetto Corsa to be the most intense forces I've felt with the DD PRO. It could definitely hurt children or old people, but so would a real race car I'm hoping for as realistic forces as possible than can be damped or reduce the FFB. Drifting was especially vicious.
Turning up the in game torque setting definitely helps.

Last edited:
as someone else already assumed :kaz is simply lying again.I believe this as well now.That bs about“protecting you“.They screwed up another update and found out the hard way (internet backlash).My sympathy for this company (or especially Kaz) is close to „zero“ at this point

Last edited:
I think, although I can’t comprehend how or why, but there MUST be something wrong with some DDPRO Wheelbases.
Just today I tweaked some Settings and in Blue PS5 Mode with the 8NM Power Supply all I can say is that the FFB is so strong and Violent that it’s beyond me that so many here are experiencing the complete opposite.

I have no idea how that is possible.
All I can say is that to me personally PD did a great Job with the updated FFB in GT7.
In Game Torque 10 and 100% in the Wheelbase is the absolute Limit before it starts to Clip.
The Amount of Detail and Power in the FFB is overwhelming the Chassis Dynamics are replicated in such an intuitive and informative way and especially Tire Grip and Slip Angle are simulated much more detailed and progressive.
The Road Effects and Bumps are very detailed too and even Self Aligning Torque is possible to replicate.
How is that possible that so many here are experiencing such an opposite Feeling.
This shouldn’t be the Case…this is so strange.
I don’t get it 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think, although I can’t comprehend how or why, but there MUST be something wrong with some DDPRO Wheelbases.
Just today I tweaked some Settings and in Blue PS5 Mode with the 8NM Power Supply all I can say is that the FFB is so strong and Violent that it’s beyond me that so many here are experiencing the complete opposite.

All I can say is that to me personally PD did a great Job with the updated FFB in GT7.
In Game Torque 10 and 100% in the Wheelbase is the absolute Limit before it starts to Clip.
The Amount of Detail and Power in the FFB is overwhelming the Chassis Dynamics are replicated in such an intuitive and informative way and especially Tire Grip and Slip Angle are simulated much more detailed and progressive.
The Road Effects and Bumps are very detailed too and even Self Aligning Torque is possible to replicate.
How is that possible that so many here are experiencing such an opposite Feeling.
I don’t get it 🤷🏻‍♂️
Might depend on what drivers people have on the wheelbase. I'm running 440 on mine.

I don’t get it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Did you update your firmware? And if not…when did you get your base?

@Abarth_71 i‘m Running the latest Firmware 44x I don’t recall the exact Number but it’s definitely the Latest Firmware.
I just checked today and there is no new Firmware available.
I‘m honestly baffled and can’t comprehend that it’s so different from my Experience.

Edit: @Yard_Sale i got my Wheelbase towards the End of March and first thing I did was to check for an updated Firmware.
It was available so I downloaded and installed it.

Last edited:
@Abarth_71 i‘m Running the latest Firmware 44x I don’t recall the exact Number but it’s definitely the Latest Firmware.
440 is the driver number.
Base firmware number is 1.1.6.4
Motor firmware number is 1.0.2.2
These numbers are displayed on the screen when you start the base.

@Abarth_71 and @Yard_Sale
Please try the following Settings and report back.
I just tweaked them today and to me they just feel incredibly Strong and detailed.
These are the ones my Statements are based on.

8NM Boost Kit

FFB: 100

NDP: 10

NFR: 10

NIN: 10

INT: 3

SPR: 0

DPR: 0

GT7 in Game Settings:

Force Feedback Max Torque: 10

Force Feedback Sensitivity: 1

If you don’t experience extreme Forces and highly detailed FFB than something is definitely very wrong.

There's going to be a new driver to replace 440 coming very soon that sounds like Fanatec have been working on for ages. No details at the minute but supposed to be a big improvement, in what we'll have to see.

Last edited:
@Abarth_71 and @Yard_Sale
Please try the following Settings and report back.
I just tweaked them today and to me they just feel incredibly Strong and detailed.
These are the ones my Statements are based on.

8NM Boost Kit

FFB: 100

NDP: 10

NFR: 10

NIN: 10

INT: 3

SPR: 0

DPR: 0

GT7 in Game Settings:

Force Feedback Max Torque: 10

Force Feedback Sensitivity: 1

If you don’t experience extreme Forces and highly detailed FFB than something is definitely very wrong.
I've not got the boost kit but will give them a try anyway.

There's going to be a new driver to replace 440 coming very soon that sounds like Fanatec have been working on for ages. No details at the minute but supposed to be a big improvement, in what we'll have to see.
Where you get that Info? I couldn’t find anything

440 is the driver number.
Base firmware number is 1.1.6.4
Motor firmware number is 1.0.2.2
These numbers are displayed on the screen when you start the base.

So how hard exactly is it to update firmware? Never done it before, just got a PC

Back