Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro

• Thread starter daan
  • 2,340 comments
It is unacceptable that in such a game the official steering wheels have FBB problems. GT7 was born badly and continues not to improve both technically and in business choices. Perhaps the game was not ready yet at the release date, we don't know that, but such situations are not acceptable.

It is unacceptable that in such a game the official steering wheels have FBB problems. GT7 was born badly and continues not to improve both technically and in business choices. Perhaps the game was not ready yet at the release date, we don't know that, but such situations are not acceptable.

We seem to be coming from different cultures.

I'm used to PC gaming where we often start with an incomplete, buggy beta. But there's content, the mechanics are fun and show potential, and it's balanced enough for e-sport. It often takes years after release for a game to become polished. If the developers don't abandon it, everything is fine.

On the console side, people seem to expect a fully developed and polished product from the start. It also in many instances needs to cater to each individual preference. Otherwise, tantrums everywhere.

So, coming from 25 years of PC gaming, GT7 has got a good start and shows great potential through the commitment of PD. I'm grateful for having an opportunity to play it.

Now if the constructive criticism wasn't drowned in tantrums, maybe we'd accomplish a polished game sooner. In any case, the community would be more pleasant.

Edit: The same can of course be said of Fanatec's DD wheels and the small annoyances that have risen. They are committed to improving, there are regular firmware updates, and I couldn't be happier.

Last edited:
I spent a good two hours running at Suzuka. I ran Maurice's settings from the Fanatec forum, which I've said are quite good, then I tried @PirovacBoy settings. I must say, @PirovacBoy settings are most impressive...most impressive! His settings are not night and day different from Maurice's, but they are different enough in a good way. I think his settings provide ever so slightly more road and more curb feel, which I really like. My lap times are within a tenth, but PirovacBoy's settings also seem to allow me to attack the track more consistently while also letting me feel what I need to feel. For now, I'm going to keep running PirovacBoy's settings.

With that said, yes, PD needs to figure out how to bring back the stronger forces, by fixing whatever bug was causing the violent FFB they said could happen with certain cars. It does seem they are trying to improve road and curb feel. This update shows that. It will be interesting to see how they give us the best of both worlds in the hopefully soon future. The DD Pro and the game can only get better. :D:)

FMW
I spent a good two hours running at Suzuka. I ran Maurice's settings from the Fanatec forum, which I've said are quite good, then I tried @PirovacBoy settings. I must say, @PirovacBoy settings are most impressive...most impressive! His settings are not night and day different from Maurice's, but they are different enough in a good way. I think his settings provide ever so slightly more road and more curb feel, which I really like. My lap times are within a tenth, but PirovacBoy's settings also seem to allow me to attack the track more consistently while also letting me feel what I need to feel. For now, I'm going to keep running PirovacBoy's settings.

With that said, yes, PD needs to figure out how to bring back the stronger forces, by fixing whatever bug was causing the violent FFB they said could happen with certain cars. It does seem they are trying to improve road and curb feel. This update shows that. It will be interesting to see how they give us the best of both worlds in the hopefully soon future. The DD Pro and the game can only get better. :D:)

Since Pirovac likes less NDP/NFR/NIN/INT than Maurice. I have everything at Off except INT at 2 - works best for me.

People keep talking about these parameters as if it was magic. It's not. Read the manual, switch between extremes, and you'll understand.

I'm used to PC gaming where we often start with an incomplete, buggy beta. But there's content, the mechanics are fun and show potential, and it's balanced enough for e-sport. It often takes years after release for a game to become polished. If the developers don't abandon it, everything is fine.

On the console side, people seem to expect a fully developed and polished product from the start. It also in many instances needs to cater to each individual preference. Otherwise, tantrums everywhere.

So, coming from 25 years of PC gaming, GT7 has got a good start and shows great potential through the commitment of PD. I'm grateful for having an opportunity to play it.

Now if the constructive criticism wasn't drowned in tantrums, maybe we'd accomplish a polished game sooner. In any case, the community would be more pleasant.

Edit: The same can of course be said of Fanatec's DD wheels and the small annoyances that have risen. They are committed to improving, there are regular firmware updates, and I couldn't be happier.
While I get your point, do the PC beta games charge full cost AAA prices to start playing (genuine question, I honestly don't know)? The reason most people criticise or throw tantrums is because there used to be a time where you paid full price and got a finished, tested, polished game.

While GT7 is a great game, it still has some very glaring problems which arguably should have been solved before they charged everyone £60 for the base game, and then chucked out the £100 special editions too. That said, I do agree some of the negativity borders on the ridiculous. The criticism and disappointment is absolutely warranted, but many are taking it too far.

Last edited:
While I get your point, do the PC beta games charge full cost AAA prices to start playing (genuine question, I honestly don't know)? The reason most people criticise or throw tantrums is because there used to be a time where you paid full price and got a finished, tested, polished game.

While GT7 is a great game, it still has some very glaring problems which arguably should have been solved before they charged everyone £60 for the base game, and then chucked out the £100 special editions too. That said, I do agree some of the negativity borders on the ridiculous. The criticism and disappointment is absolutely warranted, but many are taking it too far.
This is a key point. Having paid £70 for a AAA game you expect it to be basically finished. Not necessarily perfect, but with all the basic features working and without removing important features from its predecessor.

The other big difference with getting involved with a buggy beta is the communication - when you're testing an early version there is a conversation between the users and the devs and lots of information. But PD are terrible at communicating with their users.

The FFB changes in this update were in the original release notes as a regular update. They only said it was an emergency temporary fix after the outcry from users. Why did they not say that in the first place? Poor communication? Or because it was never intended to be temporary, but they messed up and didn't test properly? And they don't want to admit their mistakes publicly?

There would be so much less frustration if they were more open with their users and more willing to admit when things go wrong. People are much happier to forgive you when you do that.

I like how the article has ffb sensitivity at 1. Anybody who knows what they're talking about puts it at 1. It's fine if you don't but 1 is the more optimal setting since its just a damper effect. You get more road and grip feel with it at 1.

PS I've never been more glad to own a t300 lol

Last edited:
I like how the article has ffb sensitivity at 1. Anybody who knows what they're talking about puts it at 1. It's fine if you don't but 1 is the more optimal setting since its just a damper effect. You get more road and grip feel with it at 1.

PS I've never been more glad to own a t300 lol
I support this 100%. Went from G29 to DD pro and all the time 1 for sensitivity has more detail than anything else. It gets "spongy" if you go above 1. A lot of people do this much to my surprise but I guess that is what it's all about, tweak to suit your tastes

Using the DD Pro with 8mm booster. I have a different take on things.....Using the supplied "C" settings and only adjusted the FFB while keeping everything else as is. My FFB is between 28-50 while usually driving GR3 cars at the Ring.

In game settings of: 7, Strong ,Strong, 3 & 6. Still using the Blue mode.

Last edited:
@tonderai @TomBrady
Try 1 and then 10 with a car you find difficult to catch slides with. What are you faster with? Which setting is easier to catch slides with?

Yes, 10 compresses the dynamic range (boosting weak signals), while 1 retains it, so at first glance 1 should always be better. However, there's a good reason why this option exists. If you lower your torque so that the wheel becomes loose in the middle, it becomes much harder to catch slides, so you increase torque or sensitivity until the middle becomes firm.

I'm simply faster with less torque and more sensitivity, even though more torque and less sensitivity gives a better experience and a wider range of strength in the FFB sensations. If the wheel is too heavy for me, it becomes a struggle to twitch quickly to catch slides, and over time I get fatigued.

It's a thing of preference. And it's amazing how it's not explained officially by PD. Fanatec have explained it in forum posts.

While I get your point, do the PC beta games charge full cost AAA prices to start playing (genuine question, I honestly don't know)?

Yes, some certainly do. But in those cases, they're not called beta, even though judging them by their polish they are. There are also subscription based games or micro-transaction games that feel like a beta.

I view modern games as an investment. Do I believe in their future? If so, I'm buying. I certainly believe in GT7 and PD.
Many modern games are far too complex to be super polished when released. If that was demanded, they'd be outdated on release date, or never even released.

Last edited:
I like settings that make me feel the car better or as realistic as i can set it. The thing is the more "realistic" settings i have the faster i go.
But i only drive through cockpit camera (even i know i am faster from the hood cam) because i believe in the immersion of the whole concept.
So i will never go above 1 in sensitivity with my 8nm DD pro.

It is only practice and practice.

I really can not understand the concept "this makes me faster but i do not need to feel much"

It is personal preference of course but what is the point to drive with a wheel on a nice rig with settings that makes no sense and the steering wheel so low that it seems like you drive with the stomach?

Do not get me wrong but i just can not understand it. It is what it is though.

I like settings that make me feel the car better or as realistic as i can set it. The thing is the more "realistic" settings i have the faster i go.
But i only drive through cockpit camera (even i know i am faster from the hood cam) because i believe in the immersion of the whole concept.
So i will never go above 1 in sensitivity with my 8nm DD pro.

It is only practice and practice.

I really can not understand the concept "this makes me faster but i do not need to feel much"

It is personal preference of course but what is the point to drive with a wheel on a nice rig with settings that makes no sense and the steering wheel so low that it seems like you drive with the stomach?

Do not get me wrong but i just can not understand it. It is what it is though.

As someone said before, I'm first and foremost a gamer, only caring about competing fairly and trying to win. I'd drive with a joystick if I was faster with it. It's super exhilarating to beat people who are skilled and trying their best, and to be beaten despite trying the best I can.

I've been riding motorcycles for 15 years. Nothing virtual comes even close to that "realism" and sensation of being alive. However, I won't ever compete or drive as in simracing since it's simply not worth the risk nor money, for me.
(Maybe open-wheelers are as fun as motorcycles? Don't know.)

So, it's different things for me, although somewhat overlapping. Realism outside and competition inside, both fun and exciting in somewhat different ways.

I've been riding motorcycles for 15 years. Nothing virtual comes even close to that "realism" and sensation of being alive. However, I won't ever compete or drive as in simracing since it's simply not worth the risk nor money, for me.
(Maybe open-wheelers are as fun as motorcycles? Don't know.)
Having done a fair few track day experiences over the years on both bikes and in cars I can confirm 100% that the right car is as fun as the right bike. The Ariel Atom, Caterham 7 and Porsche 911 GT3 being notable examples.

I can't recall PD advertising GT7 as a buggy beta, can you point me to the link? If they did, yes people should stop having tantrums and wait years for a polished game.

and the fact it's been allowed to get to this point with AAA titles is quite sad, don't you think?

and the fact it's been allowed to get to this point with AAA titles is quite sad, don't you think?
Oh yes, but if we were to speak about sad developments in general, a new topic wouldn't be enough, we'd need a new forum. And on that forum, GT7 wouldn't be a priority.
But staying on topic, if anyone has a better model for developing games, they're free to do it and grab free market shares among all the crap. It doesn't seem that easy however...

After reading all the Comments yesterday, i expected the worst.
So today I fired up my PS5 with GT7 and yes the FFB felt different.
Much weaker.
I applied the new Fanatec Settings and they felt even more strange.
They are certainly good and feel very drivable but not my Cup of Tea, although they actually feel very realistic. But not easy to be fast with them.
Those are more catered towards immersion.

I then went back to my previous Settings and only increased the FFB Torque in Game from 5 to 10.
In my Wheelbase I increased the FFB from 90 to 100 and lowered the FEI from 100 to 80.
And Gentlemen I must say that this ForceFeedback is probably the best I‘ve ever experienced in GT7.
The Dynamic Range and Details in the FFB are sensational.

I don’t know if there is a Bug which negatively affects some DD Wheelbases but I’m very very satisfied with the way it feels right now.
Sure, it’s different to the pre Update Feeling but not in a bad or wrong way.
It’s just different, way more Detail throughout the whole Dynamic Range.
No more Numbness after a certain point.
The Wheel feels very alive and strong.
If someone cares, these are my Settings:

SEN: AUTO

FFB: 100

FFS: PEAK

NDP: 0

NFR: 0

NIN: OFF

INT: 1

FEI: 80

FOR: 100

SPR: 100

DPR: 100

GT7 in Game Settings:

Force Feedback Max Torque: 10

Force Feedback Sensitivity: 1

With Natural Damper NDP set to 0 the FFB Dynamic Range provides the greatest Dynamic Range from very light Resistance to very strong.

If you prefer a closer Dynamic Range Window with less dramatic peaks in the Dynamic Range you can increase the NDP to your likings.
Although I wouldn’t recommend going higher than 50.

Overall, I’m very pleased and pleasantly surprised with the changes PD has done.

ForceFeedback is very subjective and something that works for me might not be ideal for someone else so always keep that in mind.

I just try to provide some help to those who suffer and probably are about to go nuts.
Chill my Dudes, try my Settings and give them some time.
My observations come from countless driving and exactly knowing what each Setting does and changes in detail.
I can exactly explain how each Setting correlates to the other so feel free to ask if you’re unsure or want the FFB to feel in a specific way.
I‘m quite sure I can provide some help within the Games Limits.

Edit:
After I applied my new Settings I went back to Time Trial on Monza for Daily Race B and within 5Laps I set a new Record and beat my previous fastest Lap by 0.3 Seconds.
I‘m the fastest Jaguar Driver at the Moment 😊 referring to the Global Rankings List.
So not only are these Settings much more enjoyable to drive, they are also faster.
At least for me.
And I know that many of you only care to go as fast as possible 😂, opposite to me.
Thanks for these settings. I was running Maurice's from fanatec forum and have 'upgraded' to yours. I can honest say these are so much better, so much so I am afraid of PD going backwards. There is so much more detail just need a bit more weight. I have seen Jordan also has some settings to try which are slightly different to yours @PirovacBoy. I might try them too but I gotta say again, these feel awesome 😎👍🏾

EDIT - @Jordan , your settings are sublime, wow! PD are onto something here. I keep going back and forth with PirovacBoy settings and there is a touch more going on with Jordan's as well as what I can only define as smoothness. I will reiterate that I actually prefer this new feedback model to what we've had all this time

Last edited:
Got 3 hours of saddle time with the new update yesterday. Created 3 profiles. One for @Jordan posted settings from a few days ago, one for @PirovacBoy setting, and one for Maurice’s setting from Fanatec. Drove a variety of cars from the 787 to an 89’ ND, and switched back and forth from the profiles, tweaking as I went.

My personal best result was with el heffe’s settings( @Jordan ) with some spring filtered in. I prefer realism and want it to be violent when I run over Kerbs like you see on YouTube.com videos.

As far as the new FFB coding…

PD is doing a mediocre imitation of ACC. Which despite the aforementioned negative connotation…. It’s a massive upgrade!! I actually felt understeer as it should be conveyed… by the wheel going light!!! Sure, the PD vibration was still there, but the steering went light!!!

The steering loaded up when I got n high G corners, I still felt bumps in turns…. all was 👍🏼. Buuuut, it’s unbelievably evident that PD turned the volume WAY DOWN. And what we’re left with, is a somewhat artificial feel because we’re forced to amplify the signal to eeek every possible nuance we can; as opposed to getting raw signal, and grabbing the bull by the horns as we tame it to our own personal tastes.

Are we on to good things? YES!

Are we on to ACC level FFB? Maybe!!

But if we get even half way there, I’ll consider that mission accomplished.

…… ⛳️ 👏 to PD on this one 👍🏼

Last edited:
I currently use the new recommended settings from Fanatec and am fairly happy, apart from the fact that the wheel is too loose and needs some more weight. I'll try out the settings posted here tonight.

I also got a new QR1 lite from Fanatec for free, I complained long enough to them about the old one being too loose. There was too much play in the old one, there was an audible click when turning the wheel that could also be felt, as the old QR lite wasn't tight enough anymore.

As much as I like the DD Pro, I doubt I'll buy from Fanatec again. There are so many faulty parts going around (from reports and my experience) and the customer service is the slowest I've ever seen

I currently use the new recommended settings from Fanatec and am fairly happy, apart from the fact that the wheel is too loose and needs some more weight. I'll try out the settings posted here tonight.

I also got a new QR1 lite from Fanatec for free, I complained long enough to them about the old one being too loose. There was too much play in the old one, there was an audible click when turning the wheel that could also be felt, as the old QR lite wasn't tight enough anymore.

As much as I like the DD Pro, I doubt I'll buy from Fanatec again. There are so many faulty parts going around (from reports and my experience) and the customer service is the slowest I've ever seen
Is your new QR lite better in this regard?Maybe i should contact them as well

Is your new QR lite better in this regard?Maybe i should contact them as well
Yeah it doesn't seem to slip anymore.

But the original one was the same, it was only something that developed after 3-4 weeks... So I'll have to see and wait for the future

Last edited:

But the original one was the same, it was only something that developed after 3-4 weeks... So I'll have to see and wait for the future
Same for me.The QRL on the GT wheel was fine but on the McLaren not.So i put the one from the GT on the McLaren but it started“slipping“ soon after that as well.The tape trick do work very well for me though (but i only have 5nm).Well,the slaughtered GT7 FFB comes at least with a positive side effect.Less force means less slip as well 🤡

I just put a small strip of electrical tape in the groove of the shaft. Took me 1 minute and didn't cost anything. Problem solved.
Should some play develop in the future, I'll put another strap.

I often have to do some kind of modification when I buy stuff. This is no exception. But, here the modification is just a bit of tape...

Not sure what would need to be done for this fix to be unnecessary. Maybe a much more expensive quick-release? I'd take the cheap QR Lite and some tape in that case.

Same here, today I received my new QR Lite.
It’s so snug I even had to remove the Tape from the Shaft I was using with the old one
So it’s wait and see how long it‘ll take until it’s Shot too.
The old one lasted 3Weeks until it started to develop slipping.
The Tape Fix worked perfect though, so actually the new one wasn’t necessary but anyway new is new 😅

Perhaps I've missed this information regarding the DD Pro but what are the settings Fanatec used in their "A" and "C" auto settings?

I'm a console player for over 25 years, but i agree with you 100% 👍✌️

Back