Fanatec Podium Direct Drive Wheel Bases Thread

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 3,718 comments
@DomB_Fanatec
Why did you guys remove the funky switch of the podium R300?
The Podium Hub is designed as a modular core, the neatest way to connect a random wheel to a Fanatec base. It is not a direct equivalent of the ClubSport Universal Hub, otherwise we would have called it the 'Podium Universal Hub'. The upcoming Podium Button Module Endurance adds FunkySwitch functionality.
How are we supposed to navigate menus? Not only that but Xbox comparability has been lost as well.
If you are referring to the Tuning Menu, this can be navigated using the upcoming Fanatec software. The upcoming Podium Button Module Endurance also adds this functionality.
And finally what’s the point in saying 3rd party wheels work with the podium wheel hub if you still have to plug the USB from the wheel to the PC instead of the podium hub since The connector does not provide USB communications
We receive constant questions about whether our direct drive bases support USB steering wheels, as this is the typical solution for other direct drive products. It has always been possible to do this with the ClubSport Universal Hub, but we want to emphasise this feature for the Podium Hub, as it is the more elegant device for this purpose.

Has anyone managed to get the Multi Position Switches on the Mclaren GT3 working correctly in Assetto Corsa Competizione and if so how on earth did you do it. I've been trying without success.

Quote from Fanatec Forum:
Andreas Bringolf said:
I have found out that in ACC that with my DD1 and a McLaren GT3 wheel I did first have to set it to comp V2.5 mode on the DD1. At least it was recognized in ACC then. But still had issues with assigning buttons, this can be solved if you go to game controller settings look for your Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 and double click it then go to settings and there you have the multi-position switch, select disable.
Then go into ACC assign all your buttons and when your done go back and set the multi-position switch to active 12 again.
This allows then that your multi position buttons in the middle of your GT3 McLaren wheel still are set within the game as to the number that is set on the wheel at that time.

This solved everything for me.

cheers
Andreas
UNQUOTE

I don't have DD1 so have not tried it

CJ

Has anyone managed to get the Multi Position Switches on the Mclaren GT3 working correctly in Assetto Corsa Competizione and if so how on earth did you do it. I've been trying without success.
Put your Podium in comp 2.5 mode - I'll use Doms original settings as a base line (mine have now been modified somewhat to my preferences) but his set-up will get you going, open up the game, go to OPTIONS/CONTROLS/PROFILE - select Fanatec Clubsport Wheel base V2.5 #1 McLaren GT3 - the 2 rotary switches will then be mapped to TC & ABS...…. left rotary = TC etc etc you can remap them if you want but I don't see any reason you'd want to for the Macca GT3 rim & GT3 cars...… Also, just to point out - in the Podium Base settings under MPS Function - have this set to CONSTANT...….. In plain AC, I have this set to PULSE as I use the MP switches for different functions.

Hope this helps

Put your Podium in comp 2.5 mode - I'll use Doms original settings as a base line (mine have now been modified somewhat to my preferences) but his set-up will get you going, open up the game, go to OPTIONS/CONTROLS/PROFILE - select Fanatec Clubsport Wheel base V2.5 #1 McLaren GT3 - the 2 rotary switches will then be mapped to TC & ABS...…. left rotary = TC etc etc you can remap them if you want but I don't see any reason you'd want to for the Macca GT3 rim & GT3 cars...… Also, just to point out - in the Podium Base settings under MPS Function - have this set to CONSTANT...….. In plain AC, I have this set to PULSE as I use the MP switches for different functions.

Hope this helps
Hmm, I'm pretty sure that's what I did last night but will check again after work. Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

Quote from Fanatec Forum:
Andreas Bringolf said:
I have found out that in ACC that with my DD1 and a McLaren GT3 wheel I did first have to set it to comp V2.5 mode on the DD1. At least it was recognized in ACC then. But still had issues with assigning buttons, this can be solved if you go to game controller settings look for your Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 and double click it then go to settings and there you have the multi-position switch, select disable.
Then go into ACC assign all your buttons and when your done go back and set the multi-position switch to active 12 again.
This allows then that your multi position buttons in the middle of your GT3 McLaren wheel still are set within the game as to the number that is set on the wheel at that time.

This solved everything for me.

cheers
Andreas
UNQUOTE

I don't have DD1 so have not tried it

CJ
There is no need to disable anything - You just need to select the correct profile and everything works - ACC got it's Steam release yesterday - it's now officially V1 - A step backwards in graphics mind you, not sure why they dumbed that down but there you go.

My Macca wheel works fine and has done since day one....

Hmm, I'm pretty sure that's what I did last night but will check again after work. Many thanks for taking the time to reply.
You're welcome - all content got added last night - I spent the evening @ Spa & Barcalona driving all the new weapons - The McLaren and the NSX were my favs.....

Last edited by a moderator:
fanatec software 001.jpg
fanatec software 002.jpg
fanatec software 003.jpg
I did some screen grabs from a YouTube vid that Fanatec posted yesterday - bit low quality but is shows the upcoming software - God I've got a lot of questions I want to ask and want to allude to a post I made a few pages back -

As I previously mentioned, Fanatec can rule the roost in DD bases - It will be the software that will decide whether they do or not - are Fanatec up to the task as they certainly have the best hardware solution, it's the most elegant. Others look as though they've made things up as they go along, "oh we better add this come to think of it, I've just thought of a new idea, perhaps we should add that" a bit piecemeal from an engineering perspective. Fanatec need to be very proud of the Podium bases, designed from the ground up - Now all they need to do is give us the best software... Even if it's delayed another 6mths...… PLEASE Fanatec, don't dumb it down, Thomas show the community what you can do.....

I want to be able to adjust the - slew rate to name just one, forget the old sim games where devs overdid cornering forces etc etc, I want to feel every ripple in the road, the sawtooth curbs - a 30mph gust of wind as it hit's the car side on @ Silverstone - it's an old aerodrome, flat and suffers the vagaries of the UK weather...… DD can do all this if it wants to...….. We don't need Ver2 to do this either..... the hardware is capable of doing it now

Last edited:
View attachment 824146 View attachment 824147 View attachment 824148 I did some screen grabs from a YouTube vid that Fanatec posted yesterday - bit low quality but is shows the upcoming software - God I've got a lot of questions I want to ask and want to allude to a post I made a few pages back -

As I previously mentioned, Fanatec can rule the roost in DD bases - It will be the software that will decide whether they do or not - are Fanatec up to the task as they certainly have the best hardware solution, it's the most elegant. Others look as though they've made things up as they go along, "oh we better add this come to think of it, I've just thought of a new idea, perhaps we should add that" a bit piecemeal from an engineering perspective. Fanatec need to be very proud of the Podium bases, designed from the ground up - Now all they need to do is give us the best software... Even if it's delayed another 6mths...… PLEASE Fanatec, don't dumb it down, Thomas show the community what you can do.....

I want to be able to adjust the - slew rate to name just one, forget the old sim games where devs overdid cornering forces etc etc, I want to feel every ripple in the road, the sawtooth curbs - a 30mph gust of wind as it hit's the car side on @ Silverstone - it's an old aerodrome, flat and suffers the vagaries of the UK weather...… DD can do all this if it wants to...….. We don't need Ver2 to do this either..... the hardware is capable of doing it now
Seems like the software is still a ways off. Thomas did say we would see a beta version in May. Anyone heard any more news on that?

Incidentally, could you share your on wheel and in game settings for ACC. I'm currently using Dom's suggested settings but would love to give yours a go.

Just had another thought, it may be worth you clearing your old settings (the in-game one) - It takes seconds to redo the controls from the start.

Seems like the software is still a ways off. Thomas did say we would see a beta version in May. Anyone heard any more news on that?

Incidentally, could you share your on wheel and in game settings for ACC. I'm currently using Dom's suggested settings but would love to give yours a go.
Certainly, I'm away from my sim rig @ the mo but will be in this evening and note them down for you......

I'm aware from the Fanatec blogs that a 'beta' ver would be ready in May, but there's no rush, it's better to get something that's worth using.

I do understand it will need to cover all levels of sim racers but don't dumb it down so much that us that love to fiddle, that have the patience to get things 'just so' Maybe not the mish-mash of Sim Commander, but it wouldn't worry me if it was. To be honest, am I really interested in changing the colour of the LEDs - not really, just window dressing......

Filters, and even more filters - the ability to adjust rotational spead, slew rates etc etc etc.......... My eldest works in the world of robotics R&D, you'd be amazed what can be done with a tiny servo, an encoder and enough computing power (it's a tad more complex but you get my drift, all puns intended).......

Certainly, I'm away from my sim rig @ the mo but will be in this evening and note them down for you......

I'm aware from the Fanatec blogs that a 'beta' ver would be ready in May, but there's no rush, it's better to get something that's worth using.

I do understand it will need to cover all levels of sim racers but don't dumb it down so much that us that love to fiddle, that have the patience to get things 'just so' Maybe not the mish-mash of Sim Commander, but it wouldn't worry me if it was. To be honest, am I really interested in changing the colour of the LEDs - not really, just window dressing......

Filters, and even more filters - the ability to adjust rotational spead, slew rates etc etc etc.......... My eldest works in the world of robotics R&D, you'd be amazed what can be done with a tiny servo, an encoder and enough computing power (it's a tad more complex but you get my drift, all puns intended).......
Thanks. And I agree, just have a Basic and Advanced setup screen so they can cater for both ends of the spectrum.

As promised, give these a try, let me know what you think.

ACC - Podium DD1 - Macca GT3 Rim Settings

SEN 1080
FF 46
SHO 100
ABS 100
FOR 100
SPR 100
DPR OFF
NDP 26
NFR 7
BRF MAX
FEI 100
MPS Const.

In-Game Settings:
Devices
Fanatec Clubsport WB V2.5 #1

Presets
Fanatec CSP WB V2.5 McLaren GT3

Force Feedback
Gain: 50
Min Force: 0
Dynamic Damping: 100
Road Effects: 0

ADVANCED
Steer Lock 1080
Brake Gamma 1.00

Another one to try out:

ACC - Podium DD1 in CSW v2.5 Comp. Mode

SEN 1080
FF 75 (results in max Peaks of 15Nm)
SHO OFF (but personal preference)
ABS OFF (but personal preference)
FOR 100
SPR OFF (not used in game anyway)
DPR 050 (to get friction when driving below 3 kmh - not used in game at any speed above 3kmh)
NDP 10
NFR OFF
BRF 050
FEI 100
MPS Const.

In-Game Settings:

Presets
Fanatec CSW V2.5 McLaren GT3

Force Feedback
Gain: 60 (maximum non-clipping threshold)
Road Effects: 0-10 User preference, I like to have some slight road bumps, therefore I set this to 10

ADVANCED
Steer Lock 1080
Brake Gamma 1.00
-------------------------------------------------
ACC - Podium DD2 in CSW v2.5 Comp. Mode

SEN 1080
FF 60 (results in max Peaks of 15Nm)
SHO OFF (but personal preference)
ABS OFF (but personal preference)
FOR 100
SPR OFF (not used in game anyway)
DPR 050 (to get friction when driving below 3 kmh - not used in game at any speed above 3kmh)
NDP 10
NFR OFF
BRF 050
FEI 100
MPS Const.

In-Game Settings:

Presets
Fanatec CSW V2.5 McLaren GT3

Force Feedback
Gain: 60 (maximum non-clipping threshold)
Road Effects: 0-10 User preference, I like to have some slight road bumps, therefore I set this to 10

ADVANCED
Steer Lock 1080
Brake Gamma 1.00

Hope this helps
So I've tried again and it didn't work. What the best way to load default profiles, delete the folder in 'My Documents'?

So I've tried again and it didn't work. What the best way to load default profiles, delete the folder in 'My Documents'?
You should be able to clear the control settings IN GAME - but if this doesn't work: documents/acc/config - then delete controls.json (make sure ACC is closed before you delete the file)

Today I was also struggling to get both MPS to work as TC and ABS. I followed the same instructions as described above (and I had them via Maurice Böschen at Fanatec support pages). I think I turned the switches initially too fast?? (sounds strange I know). Then for some reason suddenly when turning gently I saw TC and ABS change. I did not delete any files or so. Only selected preset McLaren GT3 in ACC control menu.

extra info (thx again to Maurice): Both MPS switches are hard coded and they do NOT show a button mapping in the setup screen. All have to be blank and in game it works automatically.

Hope it helps?

Today I was also struggling to get both MPS to work as TC and ABS. I followed the same instructions as described above (and I had them via Maurice Böschen at Fanatec support pages). I think I turned the switches initially too fast?? (sounds strange I know). Then for some reason suddenly when turning gently I saw TC and ABS change. I did not delete any files or so. Only selected preset McLaren GT3 in ACC control menu.

extra info (thx again to Maurice): Both MPS switches are hard coded and they do NOT show a button mapping in the setup screen. All have to be blank and in game it works automatically.

Hope it helps?
Another thing for you to note - when you set-up the car, note what the TC & ABS default settings are - then when driving turn both rotaries anti cw so they are in pos 1, when you turn cw 1 indent you'll notice either TC (left rotary) or ABS increase by 1 - if the rotary is already at it's max (pos 12) you won't be able to increase only decrease until the rotary switch is turn back to the cars default..... Hope this makes sense...lol

Another thing for you to note - when you set-up the car, note what the TC & ABS default settings are - then when driving turn both rotaries anti cw so they are in pos 1, when you turn cw 1 indent you'll notice either TC (left rotary) or ABS increase by 1 - if the rotary is already at it's max (pos 12) you won't be able to increase only decrease until the rotary switch is turn back to the cars default..... Hope this makes sense...lol
?????
Properly set-up the actual position of the MPS indicates the TCS and ABS in game value. So left MPS position on 5 results in TCS value 5 for example.

Thank the lord! All working now. I have a feeling that I had been messing with it so much that I messed up the presets!

?????
Properly set-up the actual position of the MPS indicates the TCS and ABS in game value. So left MPS position on 5 results in TCS value 5 for example.
forgot to say, one fly in the ointment - if the default setting of the car is say TC 4, rotary has been left in in Pos 12, then when you click to drive, the car will still show TC4, the car itself may only have a max TC setting of 10.... This may be why folk think it's not working..... Turn it back to Pos 10 eventually the car will register the MP switch setting... it's a bit slow to pick up the adjustment...

Thank the lord! All working now. I have a feeling that I had been messing with it so much that I messed up the presets!
Glad you got it sorted....

If you set the wheel on the base and in game to 1080 don't you need a lot of rotation on the formula or gt3 style rims to get the car to turn?

If you set the wheel on the base and in game to 1080 don't you need a lot of rotation on the formula or gt3 style rims to get the car to turn?
From what Dom has said previously with the wheel set qt 1080 or Auto the game should automatically set a soft lock at the correct wheel rotation figure for the car.

Should I worry about my PS4 DD?
Last night I turned on the base and all the fans were running at 100% and the steering wheel usually turns one full rotation but last night it was a helicopter trying to take off, I don’t know how many turns it did but once it stopped the wheel was frozen I couldn’t press the button for the high torque warning so I unplugged it and waited for a minute before turning it on again but this time everything was normal and I could play for an hour without any issues

Back