Fanatec Podium Direct Drive Wheel Bases Thread

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by super_gt, Sep 14, 2017.

1. kikie

kikie Premium

Indeed! Beautiful stuff they make. Luckily I don't live too far from Sim Labs.

super_gt and F1Aussie like this.
  2. DomB_Fanatec

DomB_Fanatec

The current Podium base firmware has a scaling bug on the BFR value, we have a new firmware in testing now that fixes this issue, from today you can already request it from support if you would like to test it, but we want to roll it out in a new driver package as soon as possible. In terms of having the brake input slightly applied, it might be fixed with the manual calibration of the min value in the driver. If there is a significant issue with unwanted brake application after a manual calibration, please contact support.

3. super_gt

super_gt

Fanatec podium mounting bracket €79.00
    The 2 sizes available work with the GT1-EVO and P1-X (and P1) cockpit.

P1 upgrade kit €189.00
    This kit upgrades your current P1 to the newer P1-x sim racing cockpit.

Included:

• Pedal plate & feet 15 mm lasercut brackets
    • 40x160L Aluminium profile – 470 mm long
    • 40x80L Aluminium profile – 470 mm long
    • Hardware for mounting

phate71 and LearnersPermit like this.
  4. JoshKM

JoshKM

Wow I just tested the DD1/F1 2018 wheel on Assetto Corsa Competizione and I have to say that it was the most realistic force feedback I have experienced in any game - far superior to F1 2018 & iRacing. Does anyone have a link to recommended button mapping for the F1 wheel for this game?

5. LearnersPermit

LearnersPermit

Wow very nice prices, I was expecting them to be as high as those offered by Fanatec

super_gt likes this.
  6. Dev Nibor

Dev Nibor

Finally got my DD1 back from Fanatec, the show can finally go on!

Thank you again @DomB_Fanatec for escalating this.

7. phate71

phate71

Ordered the GT1 bracket. Thanks for the link.

F1Aussie, super_gt and LearnersPermit like this.
  8. LearnersPermit

LearnersPermit

Yeah I also ordered the brackets for my P1 along with the upgrade kit for the new pedal tray

Any news on the podium hub?
    Today is May 28 and Thomas said he was going to show it off and open preorders

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    phate71 and super_gt like this.
  9. Shinu

Shinu Premium

Finally tested DD with buttkicker
    With proper rig it is so much more fun (effects are not dampened) and with my casters it seams to isolate vibration from the floor quite well.
    In those couple of weeks when I was busy I forgot how awesome this wheel is)

My mood was ruined when I noticed dark spots on one of the cushions (It sounds funny but it is not for me when the rig is few of months old)
    After cleaning with soup and water it did not came of and some parts of the cushion protective layer came off (which is even more anoying because now there are two shiny spots).
    Little things like that bug me a lot. Especially when I have 7 year old office seat (which I used daily) with no issues.
    I hope rseat will give me replacement covers (I also hope mine were defective or something and they are not so fragile).

What are the chances that next GTs update contains full wheel support (leds etc) ? :D

10. Spineblower

Spineblower

11. Spineblower

Spineblower

12. Pennzoil23

Pennzoil23

Hi @DomB_Fanatec , what does it means by that ? Is it we can use 3rd party display wheel plug into podium hub data port through wheelbase?

C815E7A5-C436-49CC-AD02-BF00BFC04CE4.jpeg

13. DomB_Fanatec

DomB_Fanatec

It means that you can use steering wheels that have separate USB connections, but they still need to be connected separately to the PC. The dataport connector on the Hub does not provide USB communication.

Pennzoil23 likes this.
  14. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

Can someone explain the benefits of the Podium Hub over my Universal Hub?

15. Pennzoil23

Pennzoil23

Nice looking I guess :lol:

16. DomB_Fanatec

DomB_Fanatec

Higher grade materials, more compact, upgradeable firmware, upgradeable quick release, higher resolution analogue inputs, supports upcoming button modules.

17. Pennzoil23

Pennzoil23

What is upgradeable QR means ? Future will have podium QR?
    What is higher resolution analogue for? Joystick?

18. DomB_Fanatec

DomB_Fanatec

We are not detailing the upgradeable QR at this time. The resolution advantage is most significant for the Podium Advanced Paddle Module.

Pennzoil23 likes this.
  19. Dev Nibor

Dev Nibor

This is great news that we can finally use third party wheels. Very curious about the upcoming button box as well.

20. CJ1045

CJ1045

You can see them on the R300 wheels pics

21. DomB_Fanatec

DomB_Fanatec

You have always been able to use third party wheels, using the ClubSport Universal Hub.

22. Dev Nibor

Dev Nibor

Yes I know that
    But I ment custom made third party wheels with integrated buttons and or displays.

23. DomB_Fanatec

DomB_Fanatec

You have always been able to use third party wheels with integrated buttons and displays using the ClubSport Universal Hub. The USB connection always has to be separate. The Podium Hub does not change this requirement, it is just a more compact, higher spec solution.

Dev Nibor likes this.
  24. Dev Nibor

Dev Nibor

A new world just opened for me, I thought this was not supported.

25. Dev Nibor

Dev Nibor

I was more hoping for the one they showcased on the porsche wheel last summer.

26. CJ1045

CJ1045

Suspect there will be options

27. JoshKM

JoshKM

Quick question about force feedback on iRacing ... I'm finding the FFB extremely light when compared to F1 2018 & ACC at lower FFB settings (35-40 FFB) and if you crank the FFB up significantly (over 50), you're running the risk of injuring your wrists when the wheel jerks back and forth during a crash ... just curious if there are any other suggestions for FFB settings for iRacing other than what is on the Fanatec website.

Basically I'm driving the F3 dallara car and it's very difficult to know what the tires are doing so I feel very disconnected from the car .... I assume this is an iRacing issue not a Fanatec issue btw since ACC & F1 2018 have amazing FFB.

28. Dev Nibor

Dev Nibor

Have a look in this thread, it has some very detailed information for tuning a Fanatec DD
    https://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3648546.page

JoshKM likes this.
  29. JoshKM

JoshKM

Yeah I feel like you need a PhD to get the settings right for iRacing but I'll give it a go. Thanks @Dev Nibor

30. LearnersPermit

LearnersPermit

@DomB_Fanatec
    Why did you guys remove the funky switch of the podium R300?
    How are we supposed to navigate menus? Not only that but Xbox comparability has been lost as well.
    And finally what’s the point in saying 3rd party wheels work with the podium wheel hub if you still have to plug the USB from the wheel to the PC instead of the podium hub since The connector does not provide USB communications

gh229 and Spineblower like this.