Fastest car in GT2

Originally posted by hsrdragger
don't forget about the $1,000,000 NSXs
6-speed MR w/ tight p***y paintjobs
SSWWWWEEEEEEETTTTTTT! ;)

These cars are not anywhere near fastest. Last night I was just playing around on SS Rt. 5. I started with an RX-7 LM. Then I beat that time with a Denso Supra. Then I beat that time with the Special FedEx 300ZX (kind of a surprise). The Castrol NSX didn't even come close. I've never liked them.

Except the HKS Drag cars can't handle worth a damn even around the oval. Almost nothing seems to work for the HKS cars.

I've recored my fastest speeds with the GT-One, I keep getting an out-of-breath Escudo (but very close). I think it's the aerodynamcs and better gearing of the Toyota that win out.

I dunno, I've spent lots of time with the HKS 180SX, and athough I won THe GT-All Star event at Red Rock Valley once (no GT40, 600LM, or GT-One showed up, either)...it all just seems time wasted getting that beast to turn any sharper than an aircraft carrier.

These threads about "what's the fastest car" are fun and all, but to have this ongoing feud over it is pretty dumb. Everybody knows the handfull of cars that are head and shoulders above ther rest in terms of speed and acceleration: the HKS cars, the GT-Ones, the Escudo, the Cerbera LM, and the Speed 12.

There is no track with a long enough straight to really test these cars' top speed. If you get out of Laguna and drive forever into nowhere-land you'll find the cars top speed. Aside from that though, it's a moot point. A more useful question would be something like "what is the fastest car on SS Rt. 5?" I guarantee it's not the HKS cars or the Speed 12. But the if the question is "what's the fastest car on the Test Course?" the answer may be different.

I don't use the Escudo except where it's supposed to be used, Pikes Peak. I have just started messing with the Speed 12 and gotten it somewhat controlable. Any lap time I can get with either the GT One Race Car or the Cerbera LM I can beat with the other so they're pretty much in a dead heat in my game.

But ask yourself things like this: Can you take the first chicane on Trial mountain at 170mph in the Speed 12? Can you sail through the corkscrew on Laguna in an HKS without blowing it?

Do Deep forest in an Escudo and then in the GT One. Who wins? Try Grand Valley in a Speed 12. Bet you can beat it in an Oreca Viper.

This absolute fastest car crap is getting old. Nobody cares what it is and nobody is right in any relevant sense. Maybe a little challenge is in order? Fastest lap times using whatever car you wish (or, um, I meant your "fastest car of the game"). Now that would tell us something.

There was a member at the GTF that posted his top speeds for over 100 cars, IIRC. Interesting, but rather useless. Maybe it was his thing, but I don't get that big a thrill out of top speeds. Carving the corners, now that's a lot more fun.

This site should define things once and for all, whether fastest lap or top speed.

My five favorite Fastest Cars were:
Toyota GT-One
Suzuki Pike's Peak Escudo
Mitsubishi 3000gt-fast for that car
That one Drag Car (Forgot the Name)
RUF RGT

Mine are:

Escudo: 245 mph
escudo_rally_front.jpg

HKS 180SX 242
hks_180sx.jpg

HKS R33 Skyline 240

Nismo 400R Precieding model (tuned) 227
nismo_400r_copy.jpg

Speed 12 230 mph

hybrids don't count, duh! my favorite top speed runner has always been the gt-one road car, i think i had my record around 280 with it, before i learned what that gameshark pro could do, lol.

Originally posted by milefile
These threads about "what's the fastest car" are fun and all, but to have this ongoing feud over it is pretty dumb. Everybody knows the handfull of cars that are head and shoulders above ther rest in terms of speed and acceleration: the HKS cars, the GT-Ones, the Escudo, the Cerbera LM, and the Speed 12.

There is no track with a long enough straight to really test these cars' top speed. If you get out of Laguna and drive forever into nowhere-land you'll find the cars top speed. Aside from that though, it's a moot point. A more useful question would be something like "what is the fastest car on SS Rt. 5?" I guarantee it's not the HKS cars or the Speed 12. But the if the question is "what's the fastest car on the Test Course?" the answer may be different.

I don't use the Escudo except where it's supposed to be used, Pikes Peak. I have just started messing with the Speed 12 and gotten it somewhat controlable. Any lap time I can get with either the GT One Race Car or the Cerbera LM I can beat with the other so they're pretty much in a dead heat in my game.

But ask yourself things like this: Can you take the first chicane on Trial mountain at 170mph in the Speed 12? Can you sail through the corkscrew on Laguna in an HKS without blowing it?

Do Deep forest in an Escudo and then in the GT One. Who wins? Try Grand Valley in a Speed 12. Bet you can beat it in an Oreca Viper.

This absolute fastest car crap is getting old. Nobody cares what it is and nobody is right in any relevant sense. Maybe a little challenge is in order? Fastest lap times using whatever car you wish (or, um, I meant your "fastest car of the game"). Now that would tell us something.

I managed to go into the glitched area of the Laguna Seca course and i managed to do a 492km/h with the 180SX Drag racer without any cheat codes (GameShark). Hows that?

I haven't beat the game, but:
Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak Version: 258
Weigert Vector Twin Turbo: 228 something
Weigert Vector M12: 210, i think
Dodge Viper, close to 200.

Those are mine, my files got deleted, so i csn't remember the exact. I got to restart it...

drag 180-sx - 450+km/h
gt-one - 430+km/h
escudo - 400+ km/h
nissan 390 roadcar - 400+km/h
vector w8 twin turbo 380+km/h

Back