Votes: 23 13.7%
  • Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Mazda RX7

Votes: 32 19.0%
  • Subaru Impreza WRX

Votes: 15 8.9%

• Total voters
I don't have a favorite Japanese car. I have favorite cars in many different categories, but I couldn't care less about what country makes them... Either a car is good, or not; why is being Japanese important either way?

I have to go supra, It's allways been the second car i get in the GT series of games. And until i get a GT-One, it almost allways has the most miles. I like them. And i have to say, what's the point of racing a car you don't have to really drive? i have to admit, once you get the supra up above about 800 ponies it's almost impossible to handle. You can burn out in 3rd gear! but this is all a matter of personal preference.

oh, and let's not forget what car does the game intro with???? hmmmmm.......... why would that be??

Originally posted by Frmr97GXE
Because the Japanese school of car design is quite distinct from others.
Please do explain. They have four wheels, right, mounted on springs. The front ones steer. There's an engine to drive some or all of the wheels. There are seats to carry you around, and a steering wheel and pedals so you can point the car where you want to go, then make it go and stop along the way.

Yup, that sounds quite distinct.

Originally posted by 87chevy

oh, and let's not forget what car does the game intro with???? hmmmmm.......... why would that be??

Because it's a Japanese game, developed by Japanese car enthusiasts? Or were you thinking something else?

I like the RX-7, 50/50 weight distribution, high-revving rotary, exquisite handling, exoticar looks (3rd gens, 2nd gens look like japanese muscle cars), rarity, and MOST ppl haven't discovered them for drifting..MUAHAHAHAHAH!

I am a former 2nd gen owner BTW an '87 Base, N/A but still plenty fast and fun to drive, haven't drove anything that could compare since, here's my .02$ on the other cars...

Supra-can hold lots of HP, that's great, but it's a whale, and doesn't handle that well anyway

Skyline-NICE car, 4wd, super strong engine, can't fault it, except it's heavy too

WRX-Good HP, 4WD, medium sized, just not as balanced as other cars...

NSX-WELL balanced, MR, pretty damn fast for N/A, takes a lot to learn to drive it from what I hear and the pricetag is way out there for a Honda

3KGT VR4- whale, can hold a lot of HP, dunno much about it really, except one is currently raping me in Turbo Cup in amateur races...

Don't get me wrong all these cars can be deadly when put in the right hands and tuned right, this is just MY opinion....

well, i dont' see how your explanation proves anything unless your saying that the Supra is the flagship of Japan...? or the favorite car of Japanese, because Japan also makes skylines, why didn't they intro with that?

Originally posted by neon_duke
Yup, that sounds quite distinct.
So basically you deny the existence of national schools of car design? And really don't see the difference between japanese awd small-displacement turboed sportscars and their large displacement n/a rwd american counterparts?

So basically you deny the existence of national schools of car design? And really don't see the difference between japanese awd small-displacement turboed sportscars and their large displacement n/a rwd american counterparts?
I guess that means the Peugot 206 is Japanese? Man, I've had that wrong for all these years. What a moron I am. I guess that the SRT and the older Shelby Dodges were actually Japanese, too... but that must mean that the current full size, V8-powered Toyota and Nissan trucks are actually American.

I'm so confused. Thanks for setting me straight on this.

Why not classify types of cars by their displacement and drivetrain, then, instead of by "Japanese" and "everything else, which sucks"? Japan has made medium-displacement high-power RWD cars, America has made small-bore turbo FWD cars, European countries have made all sorts of cars, etc etc. I truly and completely fail to see the significance of those cars being Japanese or American or British or German or whatever. I think it's a very shallow way of deciding what you like and what you don't like.
please leve your britishisms to yourself. you don't see american posters writing in ebonic.
Did you really just ype that with a straight face?

Speaking of confused, milefile is about as American as you can get, without being a direct descendant of Thomas Jefferson.

I understand 97GXE, and why neon duke is being so pigheaded about the whole thing i don't undestand. How can you not see that each major Auto-making nation does have it's own trends that show up in any of it's brands. you know what, i can't even explain it, if you don't see it, you don't see it. But i believe it is there.

In other words, you love Japan, so you're going to love the cars that are produced there. You like them just because they're Japanese cars, not all small displacement, high-power, high-tech cars.

That's odd at best, and silly at worst.

neon_duke,
dude, what the hell are you smoking? all we are saying is that it is perfectly valid to compare Japanese cars between themselves just like it makes sense to compare american cars between themselves. and while on the subject - yes, Tundra and Titan are American trucks, just like Supra would be an american sports car if it was designed in the states, had a 350, and could put the power down on the road and not just on a dyno.

just to be clear I never said i love Japanese cars just cause theyre' Japanese, i just agree with 97GXE on each country having it's own unique "school of design". oh, and i'm not saying I love japanese cars, American muscle is still my ultimate preference. just to be clear, no response needed.

Back