fed up . Uninstalled.

• Thread starter Don Quier
  • 74 comments
Yes and PS4 Pro doesn't really fix this much as well, just less stuttering. It is when you get on PC with Super Sampling AA and Post AA where all the jagged shadows get sorted out. It looks a lot better.
I see, well no need wishing for a ps4 pro at least. I wonder how it is on the xbox x.
And how it will be when on a ps5.
Nice view of hamster tummy lol.
Edit: and by that time I'll be hoping for much better sound. I mean when ill have a ps5.

Last edited:
Yes and PS4 Pro doesn't really fix this much as well, just less stuttering. It is when you get on PC with Super Sampling AA and Post AA where all the jagged shadows get sorted out. It looks a lot better.
Does anyone know if the ps5 will run the game better? I believe it's able to run ps4 games. Also what fov settings give good force feedback, I'm looking to get back into the game.

Does anyone know if the ps5 will run the game better? I believe it's able to run ps4 games
The short answer is - hopefully. :)
By all accounts the PS5 should be able to run PC2 due to its backwards compatibility. But whether it will run it better (faster = smoother) will depend if Sony unlock the PS5s full potential for PS4 games. They didn't add the selectable boost mode for the Pro for quite some time so previously it ran as a "normal" PS4 with non Pro games.

Also what fov settings give good force feedback,
I think the FOV gives a perceived FFB change more than a actual one. The narrower your FOV the wheel input seems more exaggerated the wider the opposite. @Mr Grumpy might come along and say otherwise. :P

What's your wheel and what would you like from it, heavy light etc. Bear in mind each car can feel different.

By all accounts the PS5 should be able to run PC2 due to its backwards compatibility. But whether it will run it better (faster = smoother) will depend if Sony unlock the PS5s full potential for PS4 games. They didn't add the selectable boost mode for the Pro for quite some time so previously it ran as a "normal" PS4 with non Pro games.

I think the FOV gives a perceived FFB change more than a actual one. The narrower your FOV the wheel input seems more exaggerated the wider the opposite. @Mr Grumpy might come along and say otherwise. :P

What's your wheel and what would you like from it, heavy light etc. Bear in mind each car can feel different.
j
Thanks, I have T300 and don't like light steering, something giving good feel of the road.

I have T300 and don't like light steering, something giving good feel of the road.
I have a G29 but for a T300 immersive or RAW seem to work quite well. I'd personally lower the gain a little just to give you a bit more leeway to increase the others. If you want a heavier wheel increase the volume setting until it feels right. The tone will adjust the road feel. Basically it's right for tyres left for suspension.
Immersive might be the best since it will automatically remove spikes and clipping with the increased weight.

It's best to move the sliders individually and a little at a time then give it a few laps to adjust to your new settings. If you add a wireless keypad to your setup you can map the FFB buttons to it and adjust on the fly - but still let them settle in.

Informative will give you an increased feel of what the rear of the car is doing. A bit like GTS I find.

Last edited:
I have a G29 but for a T300 immersive or RAW seem to work quite well. I'd personally lower the gain a little just to give you a bit more leeway to increase the others. If you want a heavier wheel increase the volume setting until it feels right. The tone will adjust the road feel. Basically it's right for tyres left for suspension.
Immersive might be the best since it will automatically remove spikes and clipping with the increased weight.

It's best to move the sliders individually and a little at a time then give it a few laps to adjust to your new settings. If you add a wireless keypad to your setup you can map the FFB buttons to it and adjust on the fly - but still let them settle in.

Informative will give you an increased feel of what the rear of the car is doing. A bit like GTS I find.

Thanks, will give it a go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Good posts sir, nice to see you, haven't seen your posts in a long while.

Does anyone know if the ps5 will run the game better? I believe it's able to run ps4 games. Also what fov settings give good force feedback, I'm looking to get back into the game.

Probably not. First off no one has a PS5 or would even know that. Second, SMS would have to go back into the console version and add features to PC2 in order for "something else" to happen. Like Anti Aliasing or degree of detail so to say. That's just not going to happen.
Games like Project Cars 2 and Assetto Corsa are PC games that were ported, manipulated and watered down so they would work with the limitations of consoles. With them confirming that they're working on PC3, PC2 isn't going to get any attention from them however the modding community on the PC version is keeping it alive the best they can.

As far as the FOV settings, no one knows how far away your TV is from your rig. There's plenty of vids out there that shows how to set this up. No one else's settings are going to be the best for you. While you can try out any FOV settings you want, it tends not to be a set it and forget number for everyone.

Probably not. First off no one has a PS5 or would even know that. Second, SMS would have to go back into the console version and add features to PC2 in order for "something else" to happen. Like Anti Aliasing or degree of detail so to say. That's just not going to happen.
Games like Project Cars 2 and Assetto Corsa are PC games that were ported, manipulated and watered down so they would work with the limitations of consoles. With them confirming that they're working on PC3, PC2 isn't going to get any attention from them however the modding community on the PC version is keeping it alive the best they can.

As far as the FOV settings, no one knows how far away your TV is from your rig. There's plenty of vids out there that shows how to set this up. No one else's settings are going to be the best for you. While you can try out any FOV settings you want, it tends not to be a set it and forget number for everyone.

I'm quite aware the PS5 won't give pc2 "something else" as you say and i didn't ask if it would, my question was would it run better. It's a well known fact that the ps4 and especially the xbox struggle to run pc2 when the processors come under pressure from too many cars and weather effects,
The distance from my rig to the TV is irrelivant to my question about FOV as i was asking if a certain setting made the FF better, because the FF apparently changes when you change the FOV (i've not tried it yet) but thanks for your input. :)

Well maybe I'll get a jump on things here and ask you guys if the PS6 will run Project Cars 3 better.

But seriously, the FOV settings do not affect the handling of the cars. There is no code within the game that changes a cars behavior due to a certain FOV setting. What does change though is you perception of the surrounding. The best way to test it is to swing your FOV settings both ways for yourself and adjusting your seat position as was stated. Make sure you turn off all the FOV "motion" stuff too though to help really determine what's going on.
I have a PS4 Pro with PC2 as well and I understand how and what makes it stutter and bog down. That and Gran Turismo Sport being a mess is what drove me to PC in the first place. And the world opened up.

Well maybe I'll get a jump on things here and ask you guys if the PS6 will run Project Cars 3 better.
It should do. And hopefully PC4 as well. :)
(That's if we're not all streaming games on demand by then, which seems to be the thing!)

...is what drove me to PC in the first place. And the world my wallet opened up.
Sorted. :P ;)

Last edited:
It should do. And hopefully PC4 as well. :)
(That's if we're not all streaming games on demand by then, which seems to the thing!)

Sorted. :P ;)
For $750, I can build you a PC that will run every SIM out there on Ultra settings. Let alone all the other games out there.
Plus I do my studio recordings on it and all my video editing on it because it can handle it. (As well as other real life work)
Computers today are to the point where you don't have to continuously keep upgrading everything in 6 months just to play the latest titles. Those days are over pretty much.
Let me know when you want one. ;)
A LOT better than those "My Fisher Price™" trying to be computer boxes you pay too much for. And no online subscription crap.
I have a PS4 Pro, I probably will not be getting a PS5. There's just no need, I mean unless there's one for a hundred bucks at an estate sale.

It would be a sad day if console went to streaming games only. There's people in countries that can't get decent internet and it would alienate a big group of people. There's enough complaining about having to save Gran Turdismo Sport online as it is.

For $750, I can build you a PC that will run every SIM out there on Ultra settings. Let alone all the other games out there.
Plus I do my studio recordings on it and all my video editing on it because it can handle it. (As well as other real life work)
Computers today are to the point where you don't have to continuously keep upgrading everything in 6 months just to play the latest titles. Those days are over pretty much.
A LOT better than those "My Fisher Price™" trying to be computer boxes you pay too much for. And no online subscription crap.
I have a PS4 Pro, I probably will not be getting a PS5. There's just no need, I mean unless there's one for a hundred bucks at an estate sale.

It would be a sad day if console went to streaming games only. There's people in countries that can't get decent internet and it would alienate a big group of people. There's enough complaining about having to save Gran Turdismo Sport online as it is.
Wow your really pushing the PC agenda :crazy:

Not everyone cares about pc gaming and prefer to game on consoles more, there is a reason why systems like the ps sell over 100m evrey gen.

I have over 20 games install on my gaming laptop but at the some time i love my ps4 just as much or even more and you don't see me pushing the PC master race narrative :rolleyes:

No offence :nervous:

Wow your really pushing the PC agenda :crazy:

Not everyone cares about pc gaming and prefer to game on consoles more, there is a reason why systems like the ps sell over 100m evrey gen.

I have over 20 games install on my gaming laptop but at the some time i love my ps4 just as much or even more and you don't see me pushing the PC master race narrative :rolleyes:

No offence :nervous:
Wow, you're really pushing the console agenda.

Not everyone cares about about consoles and prefer to game on PC's more. There's a reason why even more PC's are sold and are in more households than consoles. I have 7 games installed on my console but at the same time I love my PC just as much or even more and you don't see me pushing the console agenda just because I have the money invested in it already so I better like it.

No offence taken. I laugh because one dood uninstalling PC2 has this many hits on it. And I'm really not pushing anything. Just maybe displacing some misconceptions. I don't care if people want to use consoles one bit. What get's annoying though is people always complaining about their watered down version of some racing game that doesn't have the features they want or work as they want it to work and then complain about the manufacturer of that game when the game was designed to be ran perfectly fine on the PC it was designed for. That's all.
I'm perfectly happy that you guys are happy with your consoles though.

Edit to add:
Just having sarcastic fun. It goes both ways. I stayed up until 2 in the morning last night working on a custom ffb file and it was fun. If we're all having fun, that's what matters. Maybe it sounds like I'm pushing because I'm an IT guy and I build and fix PC's. Not trying to convert the established peer group, just trying to point out that things aren't like they were 10 years ago when the argument of dumping a **** ton of money into a PC is just "what you had to do".

Last edited:
I’ve never gamed on PC but I am definitely looking to acquire one in the future mainly for iRacing and to have access to all the great mods for AC and PC2. Problem is idk a damn thing about building one :confused:

Wow, you're really pushing the console agenda.

Not everyone cares about about consoles and prefer to game on PC's more. There's a reason why even more PC's are sold and are in more households than consoles. I have 7 games installed on my console but at the same time I love my PC just as much or even more and you don't see me pushing the console agenda just because I have the money invested in it already so I better like it.

No offence taken. I laugh because one dood uninstalling PC2 has this many hits on it. And I'm really not pushing anything. Just maybe displacing some misconceptions. I don't care if people want to use consoles one bit. What get's annoying though is people always complaining about their watered down version of some racing game that doesn't have the features they want or work as they want it to work and then complain about the manufacturer of that game when the game was designed to be ran perfectly fine on the PC it was designed for. That's all.
I'm perfectly happy that you guys are happy with your consoles though.

Edit to add:
Just having sarcastic fun. It goes both ways. I stayed up until 2 in the morning last night working on a custom ffb file and it was fun. If we're all having fun, that's what matters. Maybe it sounds like I'm pushing because I'm an IT guy and I build and fix PC's. Not trying to convert the established peer group, just trying to point out that things aren't like they were 10 years ago when the argument of dumping a **** ton of money into a PC is just "what you had to do".

I'm not the one telling people i'll build them a console like you keep telling people how you'll build them a PC for X amount of money

I’ve never gamed on PC but I am definitely looking to acquire one in the future mainly for iRacing and to have access to all the great mods for AC and PC2. Problem is idk a damn thing about building one :confused:
I don't know if you have access to use ebay but there are a lot of good builders on there that you can get a decent deal from. Look for good reputations and feedback. Will save you time and money from just walking into say a Best Buy or Micro Center. I've used them before with good results.

Cough - Assetto Corsa Competizione - Cough.

Seriously that $750 budget would have to be completely blown on the GPU to make it run in ultra.

Although for anything else then yeah, you're probably right, assuming no VR.

Cough - Assetto Corsa Competizione - Cough.

Seriously that $750 budget would have to be completely blown on the GPU to make it run in ultra.

Although for anything else then yeah, you're probably right, assuming no VR.
You fairly right. I have a 750$ rig with ACC on it and I have some of the settings turned to medium. ACC is one hell of a resource hog.

“With all of the amazing games in PS4’s catalog, we’ve devoted significant efforts to enable our fans to play their favorites on PS5. We believe that the overwhelming majority of the 4,000+ PS4 titles will be playable on PS5.

“We’re expecting backward compatible titles will run at a boosted frequency on PS5 so that they can benefit from higher or more stable frame rates and potentially higher resolutions. We’re currently evaluating games on a title-by-title basis to spot any issues that need adjustment from the original software developers.”

That looks good and I expect most will work without problems, just as they do with the PS4's boost mode. But the only thing is this part...

"We’re currently evaluating games on a title-by-title basis to spot any issues that need adjustment from the original software developers.

I'm not sure that developers will be wanting to revisit old games when I'm sure they'll have new titles to sell. That's if the developers still exist.

Nahh don't worry i always backup my saves online and on usb drive :)
Oh, ok. Good to hear.

I recall you once posted a picture of that showed how many miles you drove in the car and I will never forget that. I still have no idea how you can keep the car on the road

“With all of the amazing games in PS4’s catalog, we’ve devoted significant efforts to enable our fans to play their favorites on PS5. We believe that the overwhelming majority of the 4,000+ PS4 titles will be playable on PS5.

“We’re expecting backward compatible titles will run at a boosted frequency on PS5 so that they can benefit from higher or more stable frame rates and potentially higher resolutions. We’re currently evaluating games on a title-by-title basis to spot any issues that need adjustment from the original software developers.”

I disagree and here is why:

Backward Compatibility is nice and should have been a given and feature for all PS... Finally Sony understand the value for it, but to be honest, at this point in time, when they have been forcing us us to upgrade at each console release, we pretty much have all of the PS hardware and games for us to play anytime without a PS5.

So the value of upgrading to PS5 is certainly not based on the fact that we can finally play old games...

Games are relatively more affordable, especially on the used market, so again upgrading to PS5 in order to play old games is really No One's priority at this point.

Everyone wants to upgrade to the PS5 for the higher quality and performance as well as new PS5 games, but given the hardship and financial situation for most people due to the virus, the long lasting effects will impact most middle and lower class families... I highly doubt 2020 Christmas game and console purchase can be compared to previous years ..
Not everyone will jump on the next gen console just yet...
I predict even that 2020 Christmas purchases will be the worse in a long time.

Only well to do families can easily afford and get them.

For this reason, and as I have predicted before, the smarter move for Sony would have been to ensure most (not all) PS5 games can be played at a downgraded level by the current gen...

Why do you ask?

Because then Sony and the game houses will be able to still make some profit from middle class and lower class families (like myself) from game purchase.... Eventually middle and lower class families will get onto the next gen 1 year or 2 years later...

If Sony don't allow a forward compatibilty ... It is guaranteed profit loss for this Christmas.

From the technical standpoint, it makes no sense...
But It is from the financial and business standpoint.

Although I could squeeze in to pay $500 for the PS5, especially if GT7 is the release title, as I always have done before.... But now IAM 20 years older and games are NOT my priorities anymore...

I can say with certitudes That I will NOT buy the PS5 because I can do better things with $500.

Now if Sony allows me to play GT7 or whatever it will be called on my PS4, with downgraded performance, I will not hesitate to purchase the title at release for $80...

This is for the bean counters and management to seriously think about the consequences of their future decisions.

I don't care that PS5 has backward Compatibility... It makes no sense to me...

The statement from Sony is some marketing bull.

EDIT: SORRY my rant doesn't really belong on this thread, but I was simply replying to a comment above... The Mods can freely move my comment to the appropriate topic section or duplicate it... Thanks for reading people.

EDIT 2: actually I remember why I am ranting here... Because I want to give a warning to the developer of PC3 (@IanBell ) to also consider this fact... To allow people to get and purchase PC3 as early as possible if they will release within the next year or so... So that people like myself can buy PC3 without to shell out an additional $500 to play it ... ( That's if I like PC2 after I give it a go this week...)

Last edited:
I probably don't need a PS5. Because every time there's an update for my PS4 the very (not) detailed notes always say "Performance improvements". With the amount of updates it's had surely it's already faster than a PS5. :P

the smarter move for Sony would have been to ensure most (not all) PS5 games can be played at a downgraded level by the current gen...
From what I understand this is what Microsoft are partly doing with their new machine. There's not going to be any exclusive games for the first year to allow a smoother transition period.

I don't know if you have access to use ebay but there are a lot of good builders on there that you can get a decent deal from. Look for good reputations and feedback. Will save you time and money from just walking into say a Best Buy or Micro Center. I've used them before with good results.

What would recommend would be the idea PC system features that should be good for a few years? Also would like to lean towards a gaming laptop for the mobility. I do not care to much about screen size as would be outputting video to TV for sim racing. Would like video card to be able to connect to a minimum of 3 monitors. Sometime in the future most likely 6 to 12 months after switching to PC would like to consider VR, not sure if their are minimum system requirements for that. Would also be purching from store as not interested in having a compture shipped. Just seen all the comp. talk in this thread and figured just as good as any place to ask. Budget wise would say $1,500 for very nice system. A lap top is not mandatory just makes it easier to move around and easier to use for non gaming functions.

The distance from my rig to the TV is irrelivant to my question about FOV as i was asking if a certain setting made the FF better, because the FF apparently changes when you change the FOV (i've not tried it yet) but thanks for your input. :)

I have said that many times because each time I changed my FOV the FFB and car handling changed.
I have been told no it doesn't so I have stopped saying it and let everyone think what they want to think, but to me it does & I notice it each time without fail.

It would be nice to know if you have actually tried and if you noticed the difference or not.

Back