fed up . Uninstalled.

• Thread starter Don Quier
  • 74 comments
I have said that many times because each time I changed my FOV the FFB and car handling changed.
I have been told no it doesn't so I have stopped saying it and let everyone think what they want to think, but to me it does & I notice it each time without fail.

It would be nice to know if you have actually tried and if you noticed the difference or not.

@lancashirelad and @Hygrade B

Sorry, but how do you figure that (onscreen) FOV and FFB are related?

To me, there is no logical association or correlation between the onscreen Field Of View and the Wheel Force FeedBack...

It makes no sense.

I am willing to test this theory out... But I am very doubtful about it.

@lancashirelad and @Hygrade B

Sorry, but how do you figure that (onscreen) FOV and FFB are related?

To me, there is no logical association or correlation between the onscreen Field Of View and the Wheel Force FeedBack...

It makes no sense.

I am willing to test this theory out... But I am very doubtful about it.
I strongly suspect its a placebo effect, as getting the FOV right will make the visual reactions of the car correctly match what the FFB is telling you, while the more out the FOV is, the greater the sense of disconnect between the FFB and the visual information the driver is getting.

I'm sure it's a depth of field effect. As you narrow your FOV you compress the depth of field you perceive making everything seem more intense - including the FFB. A wider FOV will give exactly the same FFB but your brain might think it's changed because you're seeing things differently - more of your surroundings.

If the FFB were to actually change it would alter when I use the speed sensitive FOV option. It doesn't.

Again it's one of those - what feels right for you is always the best option. There isn't really any right or wrong way.

BoostedMedia had a cool vid about it on YT. He also stated that FOV is a serious component in adjusting the game and wheel. It all correlates.

Personally, i havent altered the FOV settings and for now, i'm not planning to either. The default settings feel pretty decent to me in combination with my FFB settings.

I strongly suspect its a placebo effect, as getting the FOV right will make the visual reactions of the car correctly match what the FFB is telling you, while the more out the FOV is, the greater the sense of disconnect between the FFB and the visual information the driver is getting.

This matches my experience. Having just started the game I spent several hours on camera settings and at first I was adjusting ffb quite a bit because it didn’t feel right but after getting the camera looking good I ended up re defaulting my ffb settings and being very surprised how nicely things worked.

BoostedMedia had a cool vid about it on YT. He also stated that FOV is a serious component in adjusting the game and wheel. It all correlates.

Personally, i havent altered the FOV settings and for now, i'm not planning to either. The default settings feel pretty decent to me in combination with my FFB settings.

Still recommend to play with settings a little, actually like how it looks now, after my changes. Games feels more alive from a cockpit view, and actually haven't need to change seat positions in cars.

Does anybody else get a laugh when someone comments on this thread and you see - fed up . Uninstalled - pop up in your notifications?

Don? were you using a pad or a wheel? Ive just ordered PC2 tonight, cant wait.
Don hasn't been around since April so I wouldn't expect an answer anytime soon. :)

But I'd say, take it easy and take your time to adapt to PC2. Jumping in from other games can be a little daunting at first. I use a wheel - G29. There are a lot of helpful settings threads for both wheel and pad. Or just ask any questions on here.

@Simon Bratt, one word of advice.. don;t start with the go-karts :P They will screw up your motivation haha

I went to career mode but this didn't really give me the satisfaction i was seeking. So on to online racing then. I started in the GT3 class, because those cars are stable, fast enough and there's lots of lobbies filled with them. To this day (it has only been 2 months ago, i started xD) i still almost solely race GT3/GTE.

Still, every night i race, i'm having a blast! Trying out different cars on different tracks with different setups. Meeting up with people you are getting to know and racing them.

Having a steering wheel really enhanced the joy of PC2, for me. I hope you're having fun, and maybe we'll meet online in PC2 ;)

Thanks @AvolA yes go karts were a nightmare. But otherwise I’m loving it. Coping with a pad for now. Just a bad time to invest in a wheel right now, what with the uncertainty of future compatibility. Also I don’t have PS PLUS Either right now, have to sort that out to get online races obviously.
So yes looking forward to getting some real people races. Hoping there are people actually wanting to race properly and not just there to crash

Thanks @AvolA yes go karts were a nightmare. But otherwise I’m loving it. Coping with a pad for now. Just a bad time to invest in a wheel right now, what with the uncertainty of future compatibility. Also I don’t have PS PLUS Either right now, have to sort that out to get online races obviously.
So yes looking forward to getting some real people races. Hoping there are people actually wanting to race properly and not just there to crash

As bloody said, there definitely are clean drivers. But, as in every game, there are also some drivers who really dont give a .... For a while, that really annoyed me because i was driven to get P1 every race and when i got smashed out of the first corner by some dude who forgot he had brakes.. that really annoyed me.

Now i just accept that those situations can occur. Sometimes i get lucky and they miss me, and i end up at a decent spot in the race. Sometimes they hit me and i still be able to end up at a decent spot.

Back