FGT-RBR X-TREME World Championship Sign up now!!Open 

I'm open to most of the tracks as there is such a lack of normal gran turismo tracks that we might as well use almost all of them. That race at the nurburgring 24 hr was actually pretty exciting, back on GT5 on an old Formula GT race series I did we had a race at the nordshleife 24 hr, and it was pretty intense. I think it only depends on whether or not people would show for it, I mean its not popular but I will say that F1 cars have been tested on the nordshleife a couple times IRL, and it was used until the 1970s after all, so in a video game I dont see why not. It is also meant to be "classic F1" after all. :sly:

I like how interlagos drives for the most part in this car, it has traction issues but not so bad as the Lotus 97T or 98T which are absolute stress fests to drive in Project cars an Assetto corsa. This car also laps at a good pace, much quicker than some of the PC2 or Assetto f1 cars which are hard as heck to tune up and drive at a good pace. I would say in PC2 to drive the Formula X requires a good base setup (which is listed on youtube thankfully), a damn wheel settings setup (because all cars in PC2 and tracks need different wheel settings :banghead: ) and around 10 to 20 hours of practice whereas you can hop in this Formula F1500 car and be flying within minutes.

you can hop in this Formula F1500 car and be flying within minutes.
I noticed this when I first got in it; it is surpringly easy to drive. Maybe some hardcore simulator fans won't like this and call it an arcade game, but I know which game I'd have.

I'm open to most of the tracks as there is such a lack of normal gran turismo tracks that we might as well use almost all of them. That race at the nurburgring 24 hr was actually pretty exciting, back on GT5 on an old Formula GT race series I did we had a race at the nordshleife 24 hr, and it was pretty intense. I think it only depends on whether or not people would show for it, I mean its not popular but I will say that F1 cars have been tested on the nordshleife a couple times IRL, and it was used until the 1970s after all, so in a video game I dont see why not. It is also meant to be "classic F1" after all. :sly:

I like how interlagos drives for the most part in this car, it has traction issues but not so bad as the Lotus 97T or 98T which are absolute stress fests to drive in Project cars an Assetto corsa. This car also laps at a good pace, much quicker than some of the PC2 or Assetto f1 cars which are hard as heck to tune up and drive at a good pace. I would say in PC2 to drive the Formula X requires a good base setup (which is listed on youtube thankfully), a damn wheel settings setup (because all cars in PC2 and tracks need different wheel settings :banghead: ) and around 10 to 20 hours of practice whereas you can hop in this Formula F1500 car and be flying within minutes.
I don't see why we wouldn't get a good turnout for a special race at some point during a season at the Green Hell with these cars.

With a little bit of tuning for it I think it can be manageable for sure.

I'm sure there will be some who may say it's a bad idea and not show up, but I just did a 2.4 hour race there a couple of weeks ago in an LMP1 car (Porsche 919) and had a blast.https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-to-hell-2-4-hours-of-the-nürburgring.375206/

I noticed this when I first got in it; it is surpringly easy to drive. Maybe some hardcore simulator fans won't like this and call it an arcade game, but I know which game I'd have.
You see, this is where I'd slightly disagree with the both of you.

I also drive the open wheel cars in those sims but I have an easier time pushing the cars in those games over the cars in GTS along with the Formula 1500 car.

I know it sounds crazy but, I think it's because I can feel what the car is doing more in those games. In GTS my FFB is dead in comparison to PC-2, AC, F-17, Dirt Rally etc.

Just out of curiosity Doomotron are you using any aids?

Anybody up for testing for late late sunday night april 1. I was thinking a full race. Sorry i havent been racing lately, been busy, would be fun to do interlagos at 50 laps though.

Anybody up for testing for late late sunday night april 1. I was thinking a full race. Sorry i havent been racing lately, been busy, would be fun to do interlagos at 50 laps though.
You're in Minnesota, so I'm not sure what your weekday schedule looks like, but we have practice races every night.

Just this past week we had at least 4 nights where we had 12+ drivers in the room every night. Why don't you stop by before we get the weekend races going at least?

We title the room as 'X-Treme F1'.

I'm honestly don't enjoy driving the F1500, even through I love the idea behind it. Just feels dull and weird. (don't let me influence you if like it!). All I want is a little lift off oversteer :( so unrealistic with the high grip level it has.

Drove the red bull junior and I think it's fantastic. I hope they bring more open wheel racers back to gran turismo. I am waiting for the day the F2007 comes back :gtpflag:

I'm honestly don't enjoy driving the F1500, even through I love the idea behind it. Just feels dull and weird. (don't let me influence you if like it!). All I want is a little lift off oversteer :( so unrealistic with the high grip level it has.

Drove the red bull junior and I think it's fantastic. I hope they bring more open wheel racers back to gran turismo. I am waiting for the day the F2007 comes back :gtpflag:
I do happen to like the car but I definitely do not love it, at least not yet. However, I just don't find it that easy to drive like you and some other people have been saying.. Maybe it's because, we've been driving it at Tyre Wear: 6-7, and Fuel Rate: 5-6. (15 min races), making driving it much more challenging.

It may not have any lift off understeer, but it does tend to easily understeer into corners and keeping it straight with worn tyres makes it very challenging with its unusual power band of the transmission/turbo.

The verdict is still out with this car for us, and I'm not going to complain if another open wheeler takes it's place, but am content for now with it.

I hope all red bulls are There ._.
No, they aren't all there yet, but the one that we use - Red Bull Standard 14' is, along with the Red Bull Junior.

The first thing I did was buy the Standard Red Bull and to me it's pretty much the same car as in GT6 but this time the sS tyres seemed like they were on par with the cS tyres that we were using in the league last season.

Anybody up for some practice racing now?

I'm up for anything, wether it's this:
message-editor%2F1519811099578-i1aupyeshnt9ldb.jpg

This:
8341a81b54904a30b6ae92e0d02a20e2-d7w2ut9.jpg

Or any of these:
20171127123623.jpg

Peugeot_908_HDi_FAP_-_Team_Oreca_Matmut_'10.jpg

So I'm on school holiday now so I can do a bit of FGT. However, I am completely incapable of competing against any of the other drivers in FGT and racing competitively without the traction control. Therefore, I will remain as the pace car as not to humiliate myself. I will be driving the GT-R pace car in my own FGT livery (pictures coming soon!) and will, in races, either:
- For a rolling start, go to the front of the grid, with the other drivers following in grid order and when it is time for the race to start I will pull into the pits.
- With a grid start, I will be last on the grid and let the cars go.

In both cases I will remain trackside (probably on a road or dirt trap) until needed.

Is there anything else I should do?

Is there anything else I should do?

Yes. Get yourself a PS4 and grab a copy of GT Sport because, there's no longer any online support for GT6, and we don't drive the FGT any longer since it's not in the new game :lol:.

However, there's good news because, we can drive this:
8575421049335710721_23 (1).jpg

As well as this:
4980986762739320321_23.jpg

Putting all jokes aside, I guess we really should make another thread in the GT Sport sub forums soon 💡.

So guys, I've been testing the Red Bull x14 and it seems that the Sport Soft Tyres are the way to go.. Can anyone test this as well please? It's kind of close between Sport Softs and Racing Hards and if a few of you aliens can test it, would make me feel much more comfortable to get that figured out right away :).

Also, I'm going to be making a Community page for us on PSN today so you guys should be getting invites for that.

Yes. Get yourself a PS4 and grab a copy of GT Sport because, there's no longer any online support for GT6, and we don't drive the FGT any longer since it's not in the new game :lol:.

However, there's good news because, we can drive this:View attachment 727066
As well as this:
View attachment 727067
Putting all jokes aside, I guess we really should make another thread in the GT Sport sub forums soon 💡.

So guys, I've been testing the Red Bull x14 and it seems that the Sport Soft Tyres are the way to go.. Can anyone test this as well please? It's kind of close between Sport Softs and Racing Hards and if a few of you aliens can test it, would make me feel much more comfortable to get that figured out right away :).

Also, I'm going to be making a Community page for us on PSN today so you guys should be getting invites for that.
I already have a PS4 and GTS. That's the testing I did to see if I was good enough... And I wasn't.

I dont feel people should be pressured to be fast enough, if you have control of the car and can keep running laps (lap after lap) without crashing then that's good enough. I remember in the old days some would finish 3 or more laps down on immortal pushing flat out. Heck at that damn Madrid circuit or the damn toyko SS5 I'd be 4+ laps behind. Sometimes just running laps is good enough for top 5 anyways. :sly:

As far as the new cars go, the red bull standard feels more like a modern F1 car with extra grip and aero, and I imagine compared to the F1 2018 cars its like a couple seconds faster a lap at Suzuka at than the real F1 cars. Maybe even with them. The F1500 has had about the same performance as an early 90s or mid 90s F1.

The each have their own pecularities. I like the idea of a cross series with the two but of course I have the constraint these days of having to work on Sundays until around 2 PM CDT/ 3 PM EDT/ or 8PM GMT. Once I'm done there I can get on by about 3:15 PM my time or 9:15 PM GMT.

I like the idea of Sundays as its when all the old races used to be.

Of NOTE: The F1 2017/18 E sports series on codemasters F1. Interesting times. I dount I'm good enough at that game to crack top 10 though with all the corner cut cheats they do and the crazyness of those races with real damage. I'd probably GRIND for like 50 hours to make the cut, then somebody takes your rear wing off or cuts your tire going into turn 1 lap 1 in the main race... :banghead:

Last edited:
I dont feel people should be pressured to be fast enough, if you have control of the car and can keep running laps (lap after lap) without crashing then that's good enough. I remember in the old days some would finish 3 or more laps down on immortal pushing flat out. Heck at that damn Madrid circuit or the damn toyko SS5 I'd be 4+ laps behind. Sometimes just running laps is good enough for top 5 anyways. :sly:

As far as the new cars go, the red bull standard feels more like a modern F1 car with extra grip and aero, and I imagine compared to the F1 2018 cars its like a couple seconds faster a lap at Suzuka at than the real F1 cars. Maybe even with them. The F1500 has had about the same performance as an early 90s or mid 90s F1.

The each have their own pecularities. I like the idea of a cross series with the two but of course I have the constraint these days of having to work on Sundays until around 2 PM CDT/ 3 PM EDT/ or 8PM GMT. Once I'm done there I can get on by about 3:15 PM my time or 9:15 PM GMT.

I like the idea of Sundays as its when all the old races used to be.

Of NOTE: The F1 2017/18 E sports series on codemasters F1. Interesting times. I dount I'm good enough at that game to crack top 10 though with all the corner cut cheats they do and the crazyness of those races with real damage. I'd probably GRIND for like 50 hours to make the cut, then somebody takes your rear wing off or cuts your tire going into turn 1 lap 1 in the main race... :banghead:
I think we are leaning towards a 1 make series, and that would probably be the Redbull, for reasons you just mentioned.
And as we have 32 open slots, I totally agree that speed is'nt everything, being able to control the car is much more important, and we might also hold some form of test for new drivers to make sure they have sufficient car control. exactley how that test would look like, I dont know.

Potvinsuks has been testing quite a bit, and hosting test lobbies with good response. It's me that are falling behind, there's been so much real life stuff lately, and I keep postponing my involvement in the series because I want to prioritize that first.

Back