[FGTA - WGTC] [S2] Thanks for a great season! Merry Christmas everyone!Finished 

• Thread starter gtpcaine
  • 2,907 comments
United Kingdom
Bury St Edmunds
GTP_Caine
*click image for link to FGTA thread*
fgtalogo_full.jpg
wgtcs2logo.png

Thanks to @merlinrichards for the new logo
WELCOME TO SEASON 2

hr.png

Introduction

Welcome to season 2 of the FGTA's headline series. Season 1 was the first series on Gran Turismo 6 put together by @P1K3Y_M1k3Y, @gtpcaine and @Glenalz81. The FGTA was created from there and has gained in popularity very quickly. As the WGTC was our 1st series it is now our biggest series, and this season we hope to make it bigger and better than ever.

hr.png

Changes from season 1
Multiple Lobbies: I am hoping to get enough driver sign ups to get 16 PRO's and 16 AM's so that the 2 classes can race in separate rooms. This is because season 1 saw some of the AM drivers getting demotivated from seeing the pace of the PRO drivers.
More Car's: Season 2 will not only have twice the drivers but also twice the cars, with entries from Corvette, Dodge, Pagani, Ford and Honda.
Rolling Starts: By popular demand and because it is more true to real world GT racing, we will be doing manual rolling starts. Please ensure you check all the rules and regulations to ensure you know how this will be done.

Timed Races: Races will no longer finish based on laps but a time. This will be done by using the new "Endurance race" feature in Gt6 set to 2 hours.

hr.png

Previous Champions
Season 1: Full final standings
PRO Driver: @P1K3Y_M1k3Y - 1066 Motorsport - BMW Z4 GT3
Am Driver: @Tk_Hansen - RT Performance - BMW Z4 GT3
Team: 1066 Motorsport - @P1K3Y_M1k3Y, @roberte - BMW Z4 GT3
Manufacturer: BMW, Z4 GT3 - 1066 Motorsport - RT Performance
Season 1: Stats

hr.png

Series Information Links

Information

Race's are held fortnightly on Saturday's.

1st Race will be on Saturday 9th August 2014.
Preseason begins on 19th July 2014.
Be aware: The final 4 races will be held 1 hour earlier at GMT due to BST ending

Rules and regulations
FGTA Core Rules and Regulations
WGTC Season 2 Series Specifics

Car's and Calendar
WGTC Season 2 Car Regulations
WGTC Season 2 Calendar

Championship Results
Qualifying Results
Race Results
Championship Standings

Other Series Links
Weather Report Site
Race Registration Form

>>Driver Race Report Form<<
>>The driver race report form must be completed after each race by every driver within 24 hours of the end of the race, even if you have nothing of interest to report.<<

Please ensure you read all the information in the above links as
"I was not aware of that rule"
Is NOT a valid excuse and will not help avoid penalty.

Race Reports

Bathurst
Suzuka
Indianapolis
Silverstone
Le Mans
Spa
Ascari
Monza

hr.png

Driver Registration and Sign Up's

Registration
To register yourself for this series please complete our sign up form, you can find this here.
Once you have done that you will need to add the primary and back up hosts as a friend on PSN as all races are hosted in a friends only lobby
If you register you are expected to commit fully to the entire championship, if there is a race that you will not be able to attend then notice should be given by posting within the thread, this allows time for a reserve driver to prepare, F
ailure to do so may result in penalty being applied.
Miss 2 rounds with no contact and you will be removed from the registration list and your place offered to another driver.

hr.png

Driver Grading

Grading will be done using the Lotus Elise 111R Race Car '04.
The car will be at base spec, with just an oil change using Sport Hard tyres.
Tuning will be PROHIBITED.
Details on the track will not be released to ensure all drivers are limited to the same amount of practice.

hr.png

Team Formations and Car Selections

Car selections will be done as follows.
Only PRO drivers may create their team and name it.
1st to pick their car will be the season 1 drivers in the following order:
1st AM Champion - now promoted to the PRO championship.
Then the rest of the PRO drivers will be allowed to pick in reverse order of their average points scored over each event they attended in season 1.
Then any new PRO drivers will be asked to choose in sign up order.
AM drivers will then have to apply to race with the PRO driver who has chosen the car they would most like to drive.
Car selections will not open until season 1 results are complete and drivers have been graded.

Please see driver brief below for team formation and car selection.

hr.png

Team Formations &
Car Selections

driver_roster_a.png

RESERVE DRIVERS

1. @Tensa Proto | Tensa Prototype (P)
  2. @Damian44 | Gumtastic (P)
  3. @VELOCI_2NR | VELOCI_2NR (P)
  4. @Ninners | Nin-Chin (P)
  5. @DCWANTCASH | DCWANTSCASH (P)
  6. @brandondaevo | bass_drop_bro (P)
  7. @redbullrider20 | redbullrider20 (A)
  8. @gtp_Tenderly | tenderly90 (A)
  9. @Wilsongt6 | Wilson_gpg (A)
  10. @MrRossy46 | el_rossy_46 (A)
  11. @Brian | brian21699 (A)

hr.png

CAR ALLOCATIONS
Maximum of 2 teams may use the same car, and only two of each car per class.

* (PRO slots available / AM slots available) *

Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1 ( 0 / 0 )

Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II ( 0 / 0 )

Dodge SRT Viper GTS-R Team Oreca ( 0 / 0 )

Honda HSV 010 GT Base Model ( 1 / 0 )

Lexus SC430 GT500 base model ( 1 / 0 )

Mercedes SLS ( 1 / 0 )

Pagani Zonda LM Race Car ( 1 / 1 )

BMW Z4 ( 2 / 2 )

Nissan GT-R ( 2 / 2 )

Audi R8 ( 2 / 2 )

hr.png

Round #9 -- Germany

Nurburgring 24Hr

13/12/14

nurb.png

Weather: 40%
Weather Change: Fixed
Standing Water: 0%

Time: 12:00
Time Change: 12

Classifiable Time: 72 minutes
Medium Tyre Time: 50 minutes

Start Type: Rolling Start -- Double File

Special Notes: Due to the length of the lap, we won't be running a full formation lap. The race will start at the end of the GP Circuit on the first lap. See below for details. Also, to accommodate for longer laps, the timetable for qualifying has been slightly altered, see below for details.

Formation Point: The FP is the bridge after the Schumacher S on the GP Circuit.

fp_11.jpg

Acceleration Zone: The AZ starts at the first white line on the back straight of the GP Circuit.

az_11.jpg

The AZ ends at the solid white line leading up to the final chicane of the GP Circuit.

az_11_2.jpg

Pole Sitter: It is the job of the pole sitter to control the field at a sensible pace. You must also take the inside lane for the first corner once in formation. In this case, the left hand side of the track.

hr.png

Pit Entry - Impossible to get this wrong... unless you hit the wall!

pen_11.jpg

Pit Exit - You must stay fully to the right of the solid white merger line until the very end as shown below.
pex_11.jpg

hr.png

Please make sure you have read through both sets of rules:

FGTA Core Rules and Regulations

WGTC Season 2 Series Specifics

Not being aware of a rule is not a valid excuse!

hr.png

AM Timetable

Room Opens:
17:30 GMT
Free Practice Ends: 18:10 GMT
Spec Checks: 18:10 GMT
Qualifying: 18:15 - 18:45 GMT
Grid Formation: 18:55 GMT
Race: 19:00 - 21:00 GMT

hr.png

PRO Timetable

Room Opens: 18:30 GMT
Free Practice Ends: 19:10 GMT
Spec Checks: 19:10 GMT
Qualifying: 19:15 - 19:45 GMT
Grid Formation: 19:55 GMT
Race: 20:00 - 22:00 GMT

hr.png

Lobby Hosts

Back to regular hosts this week.

PRO: GTP_Caine
AM: Roberte

Please make sure you have the appropriate hosts on your friends lists.

hr.png

Please click HERE to confirm your status for the race.

Have a good one guys!​

Last edited:
@CodDemon101 makes 20 drivers :D 12 more needed + reserves :D

EDIT: if anyone else know of anyone that may be interested, feel free to tag them here and draw their attention :D

Last edited:
Quite interested on this but not sure I can do sat nights, I suppose every otherwise so bad.

Put me down but I'll have to confirm 100% closer to the time, I'll be in the slower of the 2 series!

Quite interested on this but not sure I can do sat nights, I suppose every otherwise so bad.

Put me down but I'll have to confirm 100% closer to the time, I'll be in the slower of the 2 series!
[link] ;)

You will be graded before being placed in a category to make sure everyone is in the correct category their pace will allow for, but really you think you are an AM? I remember you having more pace than that :lol:

Last edited:
[link] ;)

You will be graded before being placed in a category to make sure everyone is in the correct category their pace will allow for, but really you think you are an AM? I remember you having more pace than that :lol;

Done.

Haha I'm ok on Nurb as it's pretty much the only track I ran!

The others not so much plus the AM series is using less powerful cars as I never venture over 550pp generally!

Done.

Haha I'm ok on Nurb as it's pretty much the only track I ran!

The others not so much plus the AM series is using less powerful cars as I never venture over 550pp generally!
I will add you to the OP now 👍

The PRO and AM's are all in the same car's with same spec's :lol: only split by driver ability :D

@Ninners just seen you on sign up too :D will add you on now too :D

Confirming that I'll be part time so no worries if you want me to move over for someone else. Also typo in series rules where it says M1KEY M1K3Y not P1K3Y.

Confirming that I'll be part time so no worries if you want me to move over for someone else. Also typo in series rules where it says M1KEY M1K3Y not P1K3Y.
:cheers: fixed :D

Until we have enough drivers I will leave you in, but if we get full I will move you to the reserves list 👍

AM driver looking for a team spot
  • Desired car: Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 LM (if there are no spaces for the Chevy, BMW Z4 GT)
  • Desired car colour for Corvette: Chrome Orange w/yellow wheels (as it ties in with my cars in other series, paint chip comes with 2011 Lotus Elise)
  • Desired car colour for Z4: N/A (unless a base model for it comes in an update, in which it is the same as the Chevy)

Back