[FGTA - WGTC] [S2] Thanks for a great season! Merry Christmas everyone!Finished 

• Thread starter gtpcaine
  • 2,907 comments
silverstone.png

Its dry fella's!

Well thats my hopes of winning out of the window... lol I can barely keep up with Rono and he is running the PP penalty! :/

EDIT : Meaning I want RAIN! :(

Last edited:
Results from Indy and drivers brief for Silverstone will be posted tomorrow when I get home from work.

Don't forget to fill out the attendance form HERE <<<

Round 3 -- Indianapolis -- Results and Race Report
hr.png

Qualifying

Once again, qualifying saw some close gaps between drivers up and down the grid, with a decent mix of cars. Congratulations to @Mini Stiggy and @Revoy for taking pole in their respective classes, and the bonus point to go with it.

The full list of qualifying results can be found HERE.
hr.png

Incident List - PRO

Driver: GTP_PASM
Incident: Pit Entry Line
Lap: 30
Result: Warning for improper Pit Entry.

Driver: rcb929
Lap: 14

* Both incidents listed above were very marginal, but have to give you both your first warnings I'm afraid. *

Driver: MerlinRichards
Lap: 30

Driver: BenJV85
Incident: Pit Exit Line
Lap: 52
Result: Warning for improper Pit Exit.

Driver: MerlinRichards
Incident: Medium tyre useage
Result: Stop and hold for 8 (2s per minute under) +23 seconds added to race time.

Driver: Nik_Makozi
Incident: Medium tyre useage
Result: Warning for medium tyre useage.

* Nik_Makozi -- we calculated your medium tyre time to 49'50 - 10 seconds short of the 50 minute requirement. As we done before when a time has been within 15 seconds, we have given you the benefit of the doubt. But in future, a penalty will be applied. *

Driver: RS__96__oO
Incident: Contact with BenJV85
Lap: 8
Turn: 1
Result: Avoidable Contact. Stop and hold for 10 (+25 seconds on race time).

Incident: Contact with RS__96__oO
Lap: 8
Turn: 5

Incident: Ignoring Blue Flags
Lap: 38-39
Result: Warning for ignoring blue flag situation.

Incident: Ignoring Blue Flags
Lap: 40-41
Result: Second warning for ignoring blue flag situation. Drive through penalty (+15 seconds on race time).

Incident: Ignoring Blue Flags - More than one defensive move
Lap: 53-54
Result: Third warning for ignoring blue flag situation. Single reprimand awarded. Drive through penalty (+15 seconds on race time).

* BenJV85 -- This is single class racing, you are obliged to give way to the leaders when being lapped. Weaving across the track to prevent the car behind getting a slipstream isn't allowed. You may make one defensive move only. *

Incident: Parking on track
Result: Warning for parking on track.

* BenJV85 -- if you wish to retire from the race please do so by returning to the pits. After a few minutes of sitting in the pits, you are permitted to quit the race and watch from the lobby. If you have completed over 60% of the race, you will be classified as a finisher and still score points. *

hr.png

Incident List - AM

Driver: GTP_Revoy
Lap: 14

Driver: Roberte
Lap: 35

Driver: GTOS_Polarbear_
Lap: 2

Driver: GTP_Bresson_DK
Lap: 69

Driver: Nail-27
Lap: 35

Driver: Makozi_Akademik
Lap: 58

Driver: Makozi_Akademik
Lap: 69
Result: Second warning for improper Pit Entry. Drive through penalty (+15 seconds on race time).

Driver: VicarsRACING1
Incident: Ignoring Blue Flags - More than one defensive move
Lap: 13
Result: Warning for ignoring blue flag situation.

* VicarsRACING1 -- This is single class racing, you are obliged to give way to the leaders when being lapped. Weaving across the track to prevent the car behind getting a slipstream isn't allowed. You may make one defensive move only.

Driver: GTP_Revoy
Incident: Contact with Makozi_Akademik
Lap: 22

Driver: GTOS_Polarbear_
Incident: Contact with GTP_Revoy
Lap: 25

Driver: GTP_HAMILTONR
Incident: Contact with GTP_Revoy
Lap: 61

Drivers: Matheus-007 & GTOS_Polarbear_
Incident: Contact x2
Result: No further action.

* I have included this incident in the report even though there is no penalty because I feel it needs some explanation for our decision. There were two cases of contact at the start. The first, Polar, Matheus and Hamilton are 3 wide into turn 1, Polar turns in, making contact with Matheus, who couldn't turn due to Hamilton on the inside. Polar and Matheus' cars obtain damage, the damage to Matheus' car causes it to veer to the left, into the path of Polar resulting in the second case of contact. The contact from Polar initially caused the second contact from Matheus. We see this as just a case of unfortunate events, we can see no signs of malicious play or intent. *
hr.png

Race results

HERE are the race results with times adjusted for the above penalties. Some positions have changed due to penalties being applied.

Congratulations to @PASM, @rcb929 and @rclark83 for podium finishes in PRO class.

In AM we have @rono_thomas @HAMILTONR and @Phouchg taking the podium slots. Congratulations to you three. This means we now have the following PP penalties for Round 4 at Silverstone:

PRO

@rclark83 -- -7pp (580pp)
@PASM -- -5pp (595pp)
@rcb929 -- -3pp (611pp)
@Glenalz81 -- -2pp (603pp)
@Mini Stiggy -- -1pp (613pp)

AM

@Phouchg -- -9pp (596pp)
@rono_thomas -- -8pp (579pp)
@HAMILTONR -- -6pp (599pp)
@MatheusBond -- -1pp (613pp)

hr.png

Championship Standings
The full rundown on standings can be found HERE. In the bottom left corner you will see different tabs to view the respective tables.

hr.png

Closing Thoughts
Once again, I want to thank everyone who attended and to the stewards. Links to the qualifying and race results, as well as championship standings can be found in the OP. I look forward to seeing you all at Silverstone. The driver's brief for Round 4 will follow later.

Last edited:
Round #4 -- Great Britain

Silverstone Grand Prix
20/9/14

Classifiable Time:
72 minutes
Medium Tyre Time: 50 minutes

Weather: 30%
Weather Change: Fixed
Time Change: 6

Start Type: Rolling Start -- Double File

Formation Point: The FP is the white line before pit entry.

fp6.jpg

Acceleration Zone: The AZ starts at the chequered line on the start finish straight.

acz6.jpg

The AZ ends at the start / finish line.

az6_2.jpg

Pole Sitter:
It is the job of the pole sitter to control the field at a sensible pace. You must also take the inside lane for the first corner once in formation. In this case, the right hand side of the track.

hr.png

Pit Entry -
Your car must be fully to the right of the solid white line marked by the cone.

pen6.jpg

Pit Exit - You must stay fully to the right of the solid white merger line as shown below.

pex6.jpg

Please make sure you have read through both sets of rules:

FGTA Core Rules and Regulations
WGTC Season 2 Series Specifics

Not being aware of a rule is not a valid excuse!
hr.png

AM Timetable

Room Opens:
16:30 GMT (5:30pm BST)
Free Practice Ends: 17:30 GMT (6:30pm BST)
Spec Checks: 17:30 GMT (6:30pm BST)
Qualifying: 17:35 - 17:50 GMT (6:35pm - 6:50pm BST)
Grid Formation: 17:55 GMT (6:55pm BST)
Race: 18:00 - 20:00 GMT (7:00pm - 9:00pm BST)

hr.png

PRO Timetable

Room Opens:
17:30 GMT (6:30pm BST)
Free Practice Ends: 18:30 GMT (7:30pm BST)
Spec Checks: 18:30 GMT (7:30pm BST)
Qualifying: 18:35 - 18:50 GMT (7:35pm - 7:50pm BST)
Grid Formation: 18:55 GMT (7:55pm BST)
Race: 19:00 - 21:00 GMT (8:00pm - 10:00pm BST)

hr.png

Lobby Hosts

Back to regular hosts this week.

PRO: GTP_Caine
AM: Roberte

Please make sure you have the appropriate hosts on your friends lists.
hr.png

Please click HERE to confirm your status for the race.

Have a good one guys!​

Probably shouldn't be saying this but do I really lose penalty when finishing on the podium again? :P

btw, I've forgotten.. how many scores are we allowed to drop in a season?
You shouldn't have said, I had forgotten rb filled in for you at Suzuka! :lol:

Probably shouldn't be saying this but do I really lose penalty when finishing on the podium again? :P

Not enough :crazy:

Now adjusted your penalty to the correct amount! And you get 1 drop score.

Will race for food. If any AM driver needs a reserve for the weekend I should be available. If something were to come up I will inform you ASAP. All I ask for is a setup to run with, I taught myself how to make a pit strategy yesterday. :)

Now adjusted your penalty to the correct amount! And you get 1 drop score.
In other words, no more missed races for me. :P and 9pp penalty hah this is getting ridiculous (and I even thought I could have won this race.. penalty would have been crazy if I'd done that).

Will race for food. If any AM driver needs a reserve for the weekend I should be available. If something were to come up I will inform you ASAP. All I ask for is a setup to run with, I taught myself how to make a pit strategy yesterday. :)
I usually set wear to very fast, drive until the tyres / fuel give up, pit and take note of fuel used, then times the laps completed by 3.5. For example, 10 laps on very fast = ~35 laps on normal wear, so you can complete a stint in 1/3 of the time!

In other words, no more missed races for me. :P and 9pp penalty hah this is getting ridiculous (and I even thought I could have won this race.. penalty would have been crazy if I'd done that).

Haha yeah, its to help promote those drivers who usually finish around 5th / 6th upto potential podium finishes. Usually works quite well :P

I usually set wear to very fast, drive until the tyres / fuel give up, pit and take note of fuel used, then times the laps completed by 3.5. For example, 10 laps on very fast = ~35 laps on normal wear, so you can complete a stint in 1/3 of the time!
I prefer to drive full stints so I can actually get some practice in while I'm doing it. I like your method though if you're short on time.

I prefer to drive full stints so I can actually get some practice in while I'm doing it. I like your method though if you're short on time.
I'd say on average, for the last 3 months ive only been able to get about 15-20 practice laps in per race. Just been snowed under with work, the more I do, the more keeps coming!

I'd say on average, for the last 3 months ive only been able to get about 15-20 practice laps in per race. Just been snowed under with work, the more I do, the more keeps coming!
School and whatnot has been starting to do the same with me as well, I try my best to set some time aside for GT6. The only real intense practice I got for the WEC Nurburgring race yesterday was a Friday session and morning warm-up in your room. I will admit I did put off some assignments to still have time for that and to go out with friends so I'm sitting here right now grinding the schoolwork. :lol:

TheLuigi755: You're still listed as unconfirmed for the race this weekend. If you need a relief driver I would be more than happy to drive this race. Please let me know if so as soon as possible so I have ample time to prepare the car and myself as a driver. Thanks.
I'm dreadfully sorry for being inactive in the series for now, I suddenly lost all contact with this thread, even though I was getting alerts for it. Seriously, GTP?

I'm dreadfully sorry for being inactive in the series for now, I suddenly lost all contact with this thread, even though I was getting alerts for it. Seriously, GTP?
Just check your watched threads.

Last edited:
How can you lose all contact with the thread?

The thread is fine, the website is fine, it's just you not bothering to actually check the "All Watched Threads" list.

If you use that you never miss a thing.

EDIT: stiggy y u do dis

Back