FIA Chat

• Thread starter PApunk924
  • 70 comments
United States
United States
I did my first ever FIA race last night and had an absolute blast. I had been feeling kinda down on racing lately and this was the boost I needed.

So now I'm curious how was everyone else's experience last night?

Lol qualified 11th knocked down to 20th finished 12th lol rough racing but fun. I did the 1 stop on mediums but I think the better strategy was 2 stop lol

Qualified 6th. Worked my way up to 2nd. I was 1.5sec behind the leader at one point but got a .5sec penalty for cutting a corner.

That Seaside race is tempting. But you better qualify up front otherwise its going to be chaos at the bus stop.

That Seaside race is tempting. But you better qualify up front otherwise its going to be chaos at the bus stop.
Nah actually I like qualifying in the back bc of the bus stop when I run in the front I get ran over lol

Did the 10pm race. Qualified 19 thanks to a driver that thought it was demo derby during qually. He runs into me and I get a 5 second penalty for colliding with another car. Ok, so be it. Race starts and I find myself clawing and scratching with these jokers. Did the one stop, ran mediums the whole race. Ended finishing 15th and called it a night.
I too will be running the full mfg schedule this season and possibly the Nations. It’s kind of fun. We’ll see....

You guys did hear that the official season has been postponed and will most likely end up getting canceled all together. So it’s pre season now. Not that it matters, just for fun anyways.

It’s in the gts newsfeed. Here is the link https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_8152754.html

Kie25 on YouTube was talking about it too and mentioned that this is far from over especially in Italy. There will most likely be travel restrictions for well into the summer, so they won’t be able to hold any live events for a long time. So the general thought is they will eventually have to most likely pull the plug on an official season this year, or they will have to figure out how to do the season without live events.
35CC0055-D34C-4137-A97D-595D161D5033.png

Wednesday night during qualifying, some asshat rams me from behind, sends me off course and I get the 5 second penalty. Total ********

Yea I had a lot of bs penalties tue and Wednesday. Prolly still be some bs contact from dirty guys, but at least you should not see much for the penalties.

For anyone that hasnt done prep for sundays race...my personal strat is running rm for 10 laps and switching to rh for the last lap since it is mandatory. I have been in a cpl different lobbies and have seen some very fast times (1:08:4) for fast lap. I can personally get a 109 in but consistently running 1.10s thru lap 8 and depending on draft thru lap 10. Just some info for those that want/need it.

Yea, but now with the new update to the penalty system, it’s hardly handing out penalties, so the upper splits should be fine. Gonna be WW3 in the lower splits though.
Hit the right side wall on the way out of the chicane at seaside and spun myself around...also gave me 1.5 sec penalty :confused:

So I accidentally stumbled on a pretty good strategy. I qualified and started the race on hards not realizing it. Doh! Qualified 15th. I thought my lack of speed was due to my recent promotion to A DR and the Gr.4 Ferrari being slow but after seeing RH in the bottom left I realized I was just being stupid. However, I ended up finishing 5th! I ran the first 3 laps on the hards then switched to medium to bring it home. Obviously you should qualify on mediums but starting on hards may not be a bad strategy.

I ran the first one on my 2nd account which im just starting. Choose Ferrari. Group was much slower than me by 2 sec in qual. So I started on hard and never pitted. Lol won by 8sec after getting dumped by a fool in t1 lap 1.
But I’m faster at Suzuka in the gr4 Ferrari than the gr4 corvette on my first account.

I ran the first one on my 2nd account which im just starting. Choose Ferrari. Group was much slower than me by 2 sec in qual. So I started on hard and never pitted. Lol won by 8sec after getting dumped by a fool in t1 lap 1.
But I’m faster at Suzuka in the gr4 Ferrari than the gr4 corvette on my first account.

Oooooh that’s a good idea too. I think I’ll try that next round.

Back