FIA GT3: The present of GT racing, the future of GT6?

• Thread starter SagarisGTB
  • 336 comments
We also have the 2012 GTR GT3 that's currently DLC and the isn't the '04 Falken Skyline also a GT3 car?

No, the '12 GTR ran in the VLN SP8T class (so did the '11 GT-R while we're at it) and has more in common with the Nismo GT-R RC concept and production car than it does with the GT3 cars. I'm not exactly sure which class the Falken GT-R ran in, but I'm willing to bet it was also an SP8T car.

By comparison, FIA GT3 cars run in the VLN SP9 class.

Unless you're talking about the R35 GT-R TC, in which case that's just a fantasy GT car that seems to include elements based off of the FIA GT1 and GT3 GT-R's. Given that it has AWD, it would have an advantage that shouldn't be given in the GT3 class (all FIA GT3 cars must be RWD).

Last edited:
I'm not exactly sure which class the Falken GT-R ran in, but I'm willing to bet it was also an SP8T car.
The Falken R34 ran in the A8 class for what it's worth. No idea what kind of regulations defined that class (probably displacement, but what else?), the classes were a bit different back then.

We also have the 2012 GTR GT3 that's currently DLC and the isn't the '04 Falken Skyline also a GT3 car?

The GT3 classification did not exist yet in 2004. The car is also 4WD (not allowed in GT3) and is a R34. An R34 has never been homologated for GT3.

The 2012 GT-R from Schulze Motorsport that Kaz drove in is also not a GT3. It has 4WD and is more like a modified road car than a race car like the GT3's are. Only this year they used a real GT3, which will be in GT6.

The currently confirmed real GT3's are the Audi, BMW, Mercedes and Nissan. Only the Audi (in Playstation and plain livery) was in GT5 as a standard car.

The Corvette Z06 with Racing Modification looks very similar to a GT3. No way of knowing how close to the Callaway Corvette it actually is though.

For a list of homologated GT3 models, you can check out this page GT3 class carlist. It's almost complete, but without the latest addition of the Maserati GranTurismo GT3. (By the way, "Homologation ausgelaufen" means that the homologation has run out)

Hope that clears up some confusion. ;)

I just want to race the cars stock. No engine stage 3. No oil change with zero miles. Just set the car for whatever circuit and learn the characteristics of each GT3 machine. That SLS GT3 already has my name on it.

Yeah...we technically have two R8's... the team playstation (Standard) and Team Phoenix.... if they're smart enough to add the team playstation one to the grid... which I hope they do.

The ford GT test car is also welcomed to the grid in my eyes... just down the power and it looks the part!

We have three:
the unpainted Audi Sport R8 LMS R16 that debuted in GT PSP, the Abt Sportsline R8 LMS R16 (the black PlayStation car) and finally the Audi Sport Team Phoenix R8 LMS ulta R16.

The Falken R34 ran in the A8 class for what it's worth. No idea what kind of regulations defined that class (probably displacement, but what else?), the classes were a bit different back then.

Thanks for clearing that up. Given the numerical designation, it could've been a progenitor to the SP8/SP8T classes? Given it's weight and the general aesthetic of the car's modifications, it looks similar to the '11 GT-R, albeit several years out of date. *shrug*

The Corvette Z06 with Racing Modification looks very similar to a GT3. No way of knowing how close to the Callaway Corvette it actually is though.

True, but of the premium GT-style racing cars currently in Gran Turismo, it's the only one I would run with the new GT3 cars and not bat an eye at. A little tuning (maybe attempting to replicate the specs of the real car) and you have yourself a Callaway Z06.R.

For a list of homologated GT3 models, you can check out this page GT3 class carlist. It's almost complete, but without the latest addition of the Maserati GranTurismo GT3. (By the way, "Homologation ausgelaufen" means that the homologation has run out)

Side note: The list is also missing the latest Lamborghini Gallardo GT3 FL2.

These are the cars I want the most in GT6

Aston-Martin-V12-Vantage-GT34-625x416.jpg

It is already rumored that this car is in GT6

Test%20Day%20VLN%2024.03.2012%2023%20[1280x768].jpg

We got the road version of this in GT5 so why not GT6?

Also a porsche 911 GT3 would be nice to complete the 2013 sp9 class at the nurburgring but we all know that wont happen:banghead:

Do we think that PDs acquirement of the GT3 license could easily pave the way for the possibility of a license for GT1 cars?

Do we think that PDs acquirement of the GT3 license could easily pave the way for the possibility of a license for GT1 cars?

Don't see why we would have them. GT1 doesn't exist anymore really. The cars used in GT1 last year were merely upgraded GT3 models.

Well if you noticed, the past gt games (especcially on ps1) has mostly touring cars for their racers until they added more car types. So its not actually surprising.

Actually, I'm not sure PD had to acquire a license for this. "GT3" has not been confirmed as a brand anywhere in GT6, and the cars' names are simply what they are - the GT3-version of a car model. I'm not even sure "GT3" is anything else than the name for a certain set of technical regulations.

The usage rights of the cars are surely not owned by FIA. As long as they don't have a racing series in GT6 named after one of the real-world championships, I don't see why they would need an actual license for it.

GT3 are race cars developed by race teams. They own the rights to them.

Example. Lamborghini Gallardo GT3. First you need the licence from Lamborghini who make the road car, then you need the licence from Reiter Engineering who make the GT3 car.

Notice how the GT3 cars featured so far (bar the Merc) are from the N24?

And we do have GT1 cars (Nissan R390, Panoz GTR-1, McLaren F1 GTR lt, Mercedes CLK-LM) and the next gen. GTS - wich became GT1 in 2004 iirc - cars (Lister Storm, Corvette C5-R, Viper GTS-R).
Nice additions would be Ferrari F50 GT, Lotus Elise GT1, Aston Martin DBR9, Maserati MC12, Ferrari 550 GTS, Corvette C6.R
Some older spec BPR cars like Ferrari F40 LM, Jaguar XJ220 GT1, Lotus Esprit V8 GT1, McLaren F1 GTR and Venturi 600LM would be nice too.

Don't see why we would have them. GT1 doesn't exist anymore really. The cars used in GT1 last year were merely upgraded GT3 models.

FIA GT1 was just a name recently. There were no upgrades to the GT3 cars. When actual GT1's raced, they were a good deal faster than GT3. Theres reports of PD modeling the Aston Martin DBR9. That would be a great addition to accompany the Z06 C6R.

FIA GT1 was just a name recently. There were no upgrades to the GT3 cars. When actual GT1's raced, they were a good deal faster than GT3. Theres reports of PD modeling the Aston Martin DBR9. That would be a great addition to accompany the Z06 C6R.

Le Mans lap times:

GT1 car in 2007: 3min 50.
GTE car this year: 4min 05 I think?

Also, yes, from last years GT Open at Spa which had GTE and GT3 cars:

GT2 (GTE) 2min 19.
GT3 2min 23.

And I would love the Aston.

How awesome if there's no way to change livery. Lame plain body SLS vs. Schulze Motorsport GT-R.
LoL.

I take a SLS in Mercedes historic silver (with red numbers on white circles) above this freak of nature (eventhough it was the first Mercedes car to win the N24 ever)....

2048_24h_NBR_SLS_GT3_002.jpg

Edit:

I have no probs with the SLS, eventhough there are great liverys as this:

4cde908576bf6,Mercedes-SLS-AMG-GT3--Nuerburgring-Nordschleife.jpg

Last edited:
The cars that would presumably be easy for PD to get into the game are:

McLaren MP4-12C GT3

This one would be actually rather hard to do, as its real life counter part is either set on fire, crashes, is being crashed or has a puncture. I mean, PD would probably have to invent damage modelling to a scale never seen before in console games just for one single car!

This one would be actually rather hard to do, as its real life counter part is either set on fire, crashes, is being crashed or has a puncture. I mean, PD would probably have to invent damage modelling to a scale never seen before in console games just for one single car!
:lol: good one!

Also, yes, from last years GT Open at Spa which had GTE and GT3 cars:

GT2 (GTE) 2min 19.
GT3 2min 23.
Actually, the fastest GT3 cars ran 2'19 at this year's ADAC GT Masters at Spa.

GT3 and GT2 (GTE) cars are have very similar speed around most tracks these days, the GT3 cars are more powerful but are also heavier and use more production-based parts. :)

If they're adding FIA race cars, they should also add in the newest WRC cars and hopefully some more realistic tracks.

Back