FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
only had time for one race tonight so went for the Nations Cup - every race I've ever done round either Tokyo track has been a total crashfest so best off avoiding that i think. limited practice too, so wasn't best prepared going into the race either, was barely dipping into the 1:30s in my Cayman which seemed pretty slow :/

anyway, qualified 7th and held that through T1. got overtaken into the banked hairpin, but the guy who overtook me got rammed off and the rammer bumped me wide, which made me slow on the exit and ended with me tapping someone in the fast right afterwards, hitting the wall on the left and dropping to 18th out of 19 starters. awesome.

battled back a bit but was hard work given my pace wasn't great and most people in front of me were fighting each other so wasn't really any room for me to actually do anything. worked my way back up to 13th or so before running wide at the banked hairpin and losing most of the places i'd gained, before making it all the way back up to 12th by the end of the race. c.250 points, so hopefully i'll do better in a future race to bump that off my top 5 finishes, although i'm on holiday for a few of the final races so better get some points on the board soon!

Final season has been depressing for me. I'm not adapting to the new penalty system which made everyone too aggressive. Even at A+ lobbies, where I am, it's been complete chaos in the middle pack. Got rammed again today and lost connection for the second time this season. Zero points again.

I don't like to complain much about the game. I think they're trying to do things right, but this new penalty system that penalizes one tire touching the grass more than ramming into the opponent is wrong.

Manufacturer - Tokyo East Outer Loop - Viper Gr. 3

4th > 11th for 700+ points. Someone accidentally spun me out at the last turn at the last lap. :nervous:
I'm going to go to bed and cry. I'll be lucky if I'm still in T200 in region after this race.

The fuel modifier at Maggiore was an absolute joke. Not being able to compete in a race due to not having the mental ability to drive the same transmission as everyone else is really fun. Way to go PD, racing is for everyone!

My choices were either drive on fuel map 3 the ENTIRE race and cruise around in last, or actually try to race in the first stint, which I did. I raced on 1 most of the time except map 2 or 3 when drafting and a few full laps of map 2, and ran out of fuel at the end of lap 8 of 17. I was in 13th or 14th but I was capable of better (and I was the 16th seed in the room, so I normally wouldn’t do much better than 10th-12th). My race is done either way so I did the last 9 laps entirely on fuel map 3 and 4, just drove around alone at the back, somehow beat one car though, and lost 900 DR for my troubles. I should’ve even have bothered.

I was too busy trying to make it past lap 8 to think about doing 2 stops, but I wasn’t fast enough for that to work most likely either.

I raced the M4 since I thought it was supposed to be good on fuel, and better on tires than the Lexus which I was also considering. I know from experience the gearing makes me uncompetitive in the Cayman everywhere except Nurb GP. Those 3 were the only cars I could set decent times with in practice. So really there was zero chance of me not finishing a distant last in this race unless I used the Megane Trophy, I guess.
The M4 is the worst car on fuel if you drive auto. Its decent on fuel if you change gear before the revs start red bar. PD had to nerf its fuel since it was so OP when shortshifted

Nations Cup Final Season Round 5 Summary

Lobby is filled with 8 Caymans (Caymen?), followed by 4 NSX's (myself included, sporting a livery inspired by the PIAA Accord JTCC), 2 TT Cups, a Huracán Gr.4, a Mégane Trophy, a normal Mégane Gr.4, and finally @Pubs16 with his GT-R Gr.4.

Qualifying went really well, despite having practiced less than the Tokyo race, which led me starting in 5th. Highest placed NSX is in 3rd, behind a polesitting Cayman, whose name is very familiar to Top Split racers in the Americas region with this account being for the LMP league, and a TT Cup. One interesting fact is that all three Aussies in my timeslot are starting in the bottom 3 positions (17th, 18th and 19th respectively.)

Lap 1 Turn 1, and behind me a divebomb/an outbrake by a Thai guy from the GTT team caused the Chinese guy some issues. But the MIP (Most Insane Person) goes to an Aussie in the Mégane Gr.4, which he decided to do an insane divebomb from 17th to 9th by knocking three Japanese guys off in succession!! Then the Aussie complained that the game is broken post race. (well, the game can sort of reward divebombers instead of clean racers, so that is some flaw with the penalty system, but let's not go ahead and talk about the Championship track limits that seem to be copied from Enthusia!) All of the other guys behind ended up involved in the incident as the three victims tried to rejoin the track, but @Pubs16 took advantage of this and goes up to 11th on the run into Turn 3. After that, I ended up retaining 5th. Had the Thai aimed at me, the race is done and wrecked.

Not much happened on the laps in between Lap 1 and Lap 4, so 5th place retained.

Speaking of Lap 4, Said laggy Thai ended up catching me on the back straight and passed me on the banked hairpin as I went ahead and gave him space to pass. Lost 1 position to 6th.

Lap 5 and one of the other NSX's (this one being the same guy who had a troublesome Nations Round 2) hunted me down and he is a bit of a pushover, as I was shoved wide coming out of the tricky double apex corner after the S. Thankfully, he didn't throw me off track, which is nice. Lost 1 position to 7th.

Lap 6 and I immediately got hunted down by the Chinese guy in the Cayman. I ended up blocking off and sway the Chinese guy to the open spaces that I create. Eventually though, I retained 7th after the defensive move. Also, the Aussie in a Mégane Gr.4 pitted on this lap, which will cost him in terms of tyre wear.

On Lap 7 though, the Chinese guy outbraked himself into Turn 1, compromising his entry into Turn 2. I retained 7th at the end of this lap.

Nothing much happened for myself on Lap 8, though an SPR Red Bull NSX, an Air Cayman (dunno which anime is that), and @Pubs16 pitted at the end of this lap. I retained 7th.

Lap 9 and this is my In Lap, and I went in with 22% fuel left, while the NSX up ahead has 14% fuel remaining. Everyone else except for the ones who pitted earlier and a Mégane Trophy chose to pit on this lap.

Lap 10 and I have to get around the Mégane Trophy as quickly as possible. I retained 7th at the end of this Out Lap.

Lap 11 and I finally went past the staying out Mégane Trophy, putting me in 6th place. Eventually, the Mégane Trophy pitted at the end of this lap.

Lap 12 and I ended up getting hunted down by the Mobil 1 NSX and the SPR NSX, but both have penalties to serve. I retained 6th at the end of this lap.

Eventually on Lap 13, they started to battle against each other, with me getting dragged along as well. Retained 6th at the end of this lap.

Because of that, on Lap 14, I went defensive into Turn 1 by blocking off the apex, then I was able to move across into Turn 2. But a great exit from those two guys ended up costing myself as the Mobil 1 NSX goes to the inside of the banked hairpin and passed me. Then on the double apex, the SPR Red Bull NSX tapped me wide and went past. Lost 2 positions to 8th at the end of this lap.

Lap 15 and the battle between the two NSX's rages on as I watched them. Retained 8th place after this lap.

Lap 16 and the Mobil 1 NSX carried too much speed and went off. I took advantage of this and battled with said NSX, though as I went into the S curve, the Mobil 1 NSX claimed the inside of the exit part. Because of this, I ended up lifted the throttle slightly, but that NSX ended up tapping me into the wall. Retained 8th into the Final Lap.

It's the Final Lap! And as I watched the two NSX's ahead battle against each other, the Mobil 1 NSX loses out as the driver ended up carrying too much speed into the first part of the double apex corner. Then it's penalty serving time as the SPR NSX beats me out by burning all of his penalties on the line. The Mobil 1 NSX though, he dropped to 9th serving his penalty on the line, losing out to a green Cayman at the end. Winner is te9500rpm with his Cayman, followed by ukuima in his Audi TT Cup, and Youngman35, the highest placed NSX, completes the podium. I finished 7th and @Pubs16 finished 18th.

Don't know what will happen to the 15 Minutes at Bathurst with Gr.3 cars for Saturday's Nations race, and will my 86 Gr.4 can hold up on Maggiore GP with the Enthusia-esque track limits? Stay tuned!

Oh and I just realized that on the back of the Mégane Gr.4, aside from a giant Hoonigan sticker, there is a picture of a lower part of a woman's body, showing her panties :scared:

Nations:
Qualified out of the top 10, around P17 I believe, because somebody had the nice idea to block me during qualifying, always brake checking me and spinning me, which resulted in my first lap being my fastest lap.

Race: Race went well, then I got punted by an Italian driver, I was still slightly fed up because of the qualifying, so I instantly thought that the Italian driver was a dirty racer. Turned out to be a good racer, good strategies helped me to get to P11.

Manfacturer:

Choosing Aston Martin would turn out to be absolutely horrible in the race. Qualifying 7th (0,5 or something around that off pole) I find myself in a very good start, avoiding the mayhem in the first 2 turns.
but after a few laps of battling with another german and a fellow brit (both very cleanly, I was pretty surprised how well you could battle with them, side by side without hitting each other), there was a problem. The fuel was gone extremely fast, even with short shifting, running lower power etc.
This led to an early pit stop, which turned out to be a good idea to get back into the pack early.
On the other hand, it was a huge mistake. Even having constantly raced at the fuel consumption level 2 and 3, I lost the 4th position, at the end of the race, due to having no fuel.

We are gathered here tonight to mourn the death of Clean Racing in top split FIA

I was in both races and I watched the replays...

Manufacturers - unfortunately, that was not the only strange move from him, so strange. Also AUGH and Manson had some nasty stuff there multiple times, my eyes couldn't believe that could actually happen in a such high ranked lobby.

Nations - that's not a mistake, I've seen that individual doing that quite a few times, not even an apology. what he did after that move? blocking everyone which created a gap to the leading group.. :facepalm:

I think top 24 got too much into people's head, but it's just 1.2 more points...

Since I like to be transparent, me and @mthomas_95 believe we have cracked the DR matchmaking algorithm, not only for the upcoming Round 6 DR Matchmade Top 24, but the one that's used to determine all the 90-99SR lobbies and the people who were invited to the Nurburging World Tour.

The priority order is this:

Highest DR First
Then Highest SR
If both those values are tied (i.e 75,000 and 99), the account that logged in to GT Sport for the first time the earliest gets priority
Obviously there is also a limit of 3 players per country and 2 per Manufacturer in the Top 24s.

We cracked this using a mixture of things, we saw a 'DR Ranking' board in the World Tour Semi-Finals that was in this order, as well as the list of names that was sent out in the World Tour invitation email also conformed to this order. Top 24s in the earlier Test Seasons that were DR Matchmade also check out perfectly with this.

There's also a section of the FIA rules that says any points ties at the end of the season will be broken with this exact algorithm.

HAqTskp.png

We don't think FIA Points are factored into the matchmaking at all, unless the Top 24 is in Points Order matchmaking rather than DR Order of course, like Rounds 8 and 10.

In order to find your position of priority for the Top 24 if you are 75,000 / 99, the URL on your Kudos prime profile page has a number in it which is actually the position in which you were to play the game for the first time. For example, My profile was the 1063776th registered to GT Sport, which actually puts me as one of the highest priority Brits, provided I fix my DR and SR later in dailies after being an absolute idiot magnet in FIA earlier. :lol:

We'll know for 100% sure after Saturday whether we are right or not. :)

I think top 24 got too much into people's head, but it's just 1.2 more points...

Its even funnier when we think points are irrelevant for qualifying for this next Top 24 :lol:

Just finished Nations. Went from P2 to P12 in 1st lap after a contact at the outer hairpin that sent me into the sandbank. Grinded back my positions up to P2 and even offered myself the fastest lap.

Now, Manufacturers...

Last edited:
Its even funnier when we think points are irrelevant for qualifying for this next Top 24 :lol:

Which is why I would have skipped Tokyo if I didn't already missed a race day this season. I don't understand why some didn't just avoided this, especially since someone in our race got a DR reset from dropping to SR B. Not gonna recover from that before saturday.

Which is why I would have skipped Tokyo if I didn't already missed a race day this season. I don't understand why some didn't just avoided this, especially since someone in our race got a DR reset from dropping to SR B. Not gonna recover from that before saturday.

I'm down to 74,100 / 87 but its very easy for me to get that back up to max after a Daily race session :D :P

Yeah, 900 DR won't be a problem, although it might take you a couple hours or even a bit more depending on the field. But someone dropped down to 40k. I would have rage quited the season if I had that !

I could dream of a Top 30 World Superstars race within GT SPORT itself, to where the Top 10 from each region will face off against each other (limits are still applied to how many drivers from the same country and/or manufacturer can enter). Imagine people like @mthomas_95 facing off against the likes of @perrolocomcquee and Kawakana222, but the question is: How exactly the servers will handle such a big event? And I don't mean the World Finals, as that is a Live Event, not an event within the game itself.

I have a huge bug/issue with Tokyo that I must post. I've been following this thread for a while, but this is my first time posting here. In a A/S Manu Race, I was doing ok, went from 3rd to 10th after being punted in the final hairpin on lap 5, but was keeping my cool. However, on lap 8, I'm a pack of about 5 or 6 cars just exiting the final hair pin. When all of the sudden, one of those highway barrels comes bouncing along and I hit it square. My car spins out immediately and comes to a complete stop.

I've attached a clip of my replay, and funny enough the barrel is absent from the replay mode. PD needs to fix this. Parts of the track should not be lying in the middle of the road and have the ability to ruin someone's race.

I could dream of a Top 30 World Superstars race within GT SPORT itself, to where the Top 10 from each region will face off against each other (limits are still applied to how many drivers from the same country and/or manufacturer can enter). Imagine people like @mthomas_95 facing off against the likes of @perrolocomcquee and Kawakana222, but the question is: How exactly the servers will handle such a big event? And I don't mean the World Finals, as that is a Live Event, not an event within the game itself.

I could quite easily arrange a Top 15 event myself, might be something to do in the FIA Post Season

Well, I've been in some practice lobbies recently which felt just like that. Some of them were actually more competitive than the actual FIA races I did after :lol:

Raced Nations...
Started 4th behind @OutlawQuadrnt in a decent room for how late it was. It was a train for the most part but I didnt manage to save as much fuel as I'd like to. Pitted on lap 9 in 4th still behind Outlaw. To my dismay i came out of the pits in 6th. It was another train from there and finished in 6th. Mediocre points of 1630 or so that hopefully I'll still be able to upgrade by the end.

Last edited:
Sorry, but I need to vent a bit here.

Please please please, to all A+/S rated drivers. PLEASE stop ramming people off the road in the first lap of the race. You are better than that, and you know the race isn't won on the first lap. It is completely silly to make such massive contact in the first lap of a race. You are ruining hours of someone else's practice with a single bonehead move. You are hurting someone else's DR because of your own mistake. You are damaging someone else's progress in the championship. You are making yourself look unworthy of the S Sportsmanship Rating by doing so. You know better than to do this if you're in the A+/S rating, so please just chill a tiny bit and don't resort to dirty tactics

I've done 3 nations cups races so far, and in all 3 someone punted me off the road on lap 1. I've already used up my entire allowance of 5 bad races (I couldn't do 2 others due to IRL schedule conflicts) so now all the remaining 5 races must be perfect. Yeah, I'm a bit frustrated that I have 0 points to no fault of my own.

Manufacturers is done. Qualified P3, finished P2. No penalties. Had the race of a lifetime.

Now I need a shower...

First off, my G29 repeated the exact issue as last week. Worse, even after reconnecting, it remained super tight or it was completely slack. I spent the entire warmup trying to fix it.

Tokyo East was a track that I circled as one of the few places the Jaguar could actually win. My European teammate did. I managed the pole and was at the front early but a mistake here and there and I was 4th with me barely losing the draft coming into the pits. In the grand scheme of things, the mistakes only cost me 3rd because I lost too much time thanks to fuel. I'd be lying if I'm frustrated that the fuel saving I tried to do was for nothing. The points were enough to knock off a bad score and my SR remained nice and clean.

I ended up doing the last Nations slot because I just wasn't feeling the combo. I went with the Veyron and I thank my lucky stars my banker was quite good because I botched my final flyer. Just got 3rd and for a while, I was simply following the two Caymans up ahead. I was feeling confident that my strategy of leaping everyone in the pits was going to work brilliantly. Then 2nd lost the leader's draft and I had a feeling I had to get around them. 2nd had a poor exit off that crazy banked hairpin and I went on the inside for a pass. Unfortunately, I guess he didn't expect me to make a move so he turned into me on that right hand kink at the top of the hill. Even cutting the corner wasn't enough to avoid contact and because he went off course, I got myself a four second penalty! D'oh! Worse, I had 3rd get around me soon afterwards as did the 2nd place driver later on.

I can't recall how much time all of that cost me in track time but after the pit stops, I was just within reach of the leader's slipstream. Their pace matched mine so there wasn't much I could do so I settled for 2nd. Without that incident, that was a guaranteed victory. Not really that upset because I was expecting to do terrible and I got myself great points.

Both my fia races, with live commentary and live Cam! Didn’t have much practice for both combos but did well nonetheless. Had to catch FT_SOLID behind 2.5secs with 7 laps to go! watch the last lap for a shocking end of the race at the finish line.
Like, subscribe, enjoy!

Last edited:
Manufacterers Round 5

This has been a round that I've heavily debated on, whether I should show up or not. I finally decided that I should do it, but try to survive it instead of trying to pushing for a big result. As much as I'd love yet another season with a win, I felt there were more tracks where my odds of that are better (Especially that last round ;) ) so this was more so about coming out with a decent finish and no destruction of my SR rating. In Qualifying, I simply ran it by myself as I felt getting in that drafting swarm would do more harm then good, ended up 18th. Then in the race, let the chaos happen ahead and just swept by for free positions. Despite an aggressive move by one Mexican guy in a Evo (why is it always an Evo trying to kill me..), I managed to finish 10th and got a clean race bonus as well as the oh so good feeling of being the fastest driver for Lexus. Also, hi to my family at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back