FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like we're heading into the final 2 test seasons now. Assuming Season 20 follows the same schedule it will finish on the last day of March, and the official season is due to begin 'April'. I am a bit surprised we didn't hear anything about the official season at Geneva earlier this month but we should find out more in the coming weeks, maybe along with the late March/early April update.

It looks like we're heading into the final 2 test seasons now. Assuming Season 20 follows the same schedule it will finish on the last day of March, and the official season is due to begin 'April'. I am a bit surprised we didn't hear anything about the official season at Geneva earlier this month but we should find out more in the coming weeks, maybe along with the late March/early April update.

It would make sense. I'm curious about how the official championship will run. Will it be the same format as the test seasons? Will the Top 24 Superstars races disappear? Will the championship begin with domestic races?

It would make sense. I'm curious about how the official championship will run. Will it be the same format as the test seasons? Will the Top 24 Superstars races disappear? Will the championship begin with domestic races?

My best guess is instead of races every day it'll be every week/fortnight, and every round will have a top 24 so it's not all about one race like it is now.

My best guess is instead of races every day it'll be every week/fortnight, and every round will have a top 24 so it's not all about one race like it is now.

I wonder what will happen if there are more than 24 drivers with a 75000 DR rating trying to enter. I hope they don't choose the drivers based on 'fewest races completed,' because some race for fun or have made new PSN accounts.

Just noticed the Manufacturer final this week.... I have got what I have been asking for... for a very long time :P

If I can't win an FIA cup this week, I basically never will :lol:

I have the same thought :lol: Quali will be a huge factor there. Need a slip-stream on main straight and first sector.

Hosting the Nations and Manufacturers events on seperate servers useful tonight as the Manufacturers one seems screwed :lol:. First timeslot kicked out 17/20 from the top lobby pre-race and I got a network error as soon as matchmaking started for the 2nd timeslot.

I just want them to introduce non-FIA themed championships once the official FIA seasons begin.

If you guys remember during the beta, there was a third, non FIA champ with a red background tile (NA Car Cup or something?).

So we know the system is there for GT Mode-style themed championships. I want a multiplayer Formula GT champ, GT500-style champ, etc.

Noticed a kart race features in the Nations Cup. In this case, what happens with fuel? We still have a pitstop to refuel and change tyres? That would be nuts!

Noticed a kart race features in the Nations Cup. In this case, what happens with fuel? We still have a pitstop to refuel and change tyres? That would be nuts!

aren't there endurance kart races irl? they must pit too :-]? would be funny watching the little cutscene as you enter the pits in gran turismo though

The kart race is 12 ish minutes long with no tyre wear or fuel so I might actually do it tomorrow :D

Did have a manufacturers race yesterday where half the field were british.

DSC_0308.JPG

I just want them to introduce non-FIA themed championships once the official FIA seasons begin.

If you guys remember during the beta, there was a third, non FIA champ with a red background tile (NA Car Cup or something?).

So we know the system is there for GT Mode-style themed championships. I want a multiplayer Formula GT champ, GT500-style champ, etc.

I remember seeing a Polyphony Cup banner there once. I really want these "not so serious" championships too.

Would anyone like to see some fuel burn only races or am I the only one?

The tyre wear is alright but I'm not it's biggest fan..... Most races you just end up pitting in the middle of the race +/- one lap to even out the tyre wear.

Most races a full tank stretches to about 70% race distance so with fuel only you could pull an undercut or go really long on a tank before having a splash and dash at the end.

You may want to rest yourself from driving after the kart race at Miyabi.

Meanwhile, despite the penalty system coming to play, just had a wonderful race. Feel free to gloat @mclarenLB :D

Really not a fan of how the superstar races have become short shifting competitions.
Especially in the manufacturer series you basically have to choose the best car based on fuel consumption/race pace while conserving fuel.

Ruins the whole idea of a manufacturer series if everyone is going to choose their manufacturer based on the superstars race.

Won race in manufacturers race. Came down to game of penalties. I claimed the iron throne. I had 7, shaved them. 2nd had 3, kept them, was 1.5 ahead and won by 1.5.

DSC_0309.JPG

I really only race the nations and manu events, maybe the odd daily if I have time, I do enjoy the competition it brings, there is a lot cleaner driving in those races, and mostly any incidents are without malice, I'm far from the fastest driver, even in my class, but my consistency is good which really brings home some results now and again, like the race I had on Blue Moon last night, racing some super serious S/S drives I came second!

That being said, the nations season is all but written off for me this week, I've had three disastrous races so far!

It will be interesting to see if they change the format for the actual championships, or if they alter the BoP settings to stop many races becoming one make events :D :D

Really not a fan of how the superstar races have become short shifting competitions.
Especially in the manufacturer series you basically have to choose the best car based on fuel consumption/race pace while conserving fuel.

Ruins the whole idea of a manufacturer series if everyone is going to choose their manufacturer based on the superstars race.
Totally agree. I was a big fan of these races when there was no fuel consumption and realistic tire wear settings (x2-x3).

I don’t know if it makes a huge difference, but maybe fuel consumption shouldn’t be accelerated. Maybe they should limit fuel load instead. I think this would make it more difficult to save so much fuel by drafting and short shifting.

That said, it gets me anxious and all mathematical inside my head while driving, but it feels so good when it pays off!

Yesterday I managed a second place in the Manufacturers Cup in Blue Moon driving a 911. Amazing race by everybody! A grid full of S and A drivers! The only other 911 in the race managed a huge comeback. Started dead last and finished seventh!

What? Nooo... cmon now, I'm not like that... Its not like I'm leading the Nations cup by 600 points or anything, I'm not that good... hahahahaha *smug face*

Don't get too smug, the last guy to get a 600pt Nations Cup lead mid season bottled the top 24 race :(

Don't get too smug, the last guy to get a 600pt Nations Cup lead mid season bottled the top 24 race :(

But its Brands Hatch though... All good :D *remembers what happened the last Gr4 Brands Hatch Top 24 race* OH GOD NO

Here's a tutorial on my best lap for the Nations Cup kart race that I am fourth in the Americas region in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back