FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've asked this before, but with the growing info above the cars, any chance we may see multi-class races?

How much mord info do we need? Tyres fitted? Fuel load? Wheel user/DS4 user? Would be interesting if PD are trialling some of this for other aspects of the game.

C6486F4A-7714-4087-AEBD-DFED495F08A4.jpeg

Whoop Whoop.

Didn't know you can earn S rank from these Seasons. Doesn't take anything away from the achievement, just an observation. Congrats

It's absolutely completely irrelevant now, notice a lot of the Top Official Season drivers have lost it because they don't bother with the Exhibition Seasons :lol:. Might as well get rid of it until next year.

Are these S registrations from the the exhibition series? I haven’t received one but finished 60th I think regional?

Although like @mthomas_95 said not sure of the benefit

Edit - star player notification popped up just now, although not sure of the benefit?

Last edited:
Actually now A+ is a better sign of being a top driver than S. Final Official Nations Season in EMEA out of top 100, 51 are A+ and 40 are S. Top 50 is 30-20 to A+ as well :lol:

S now is basically just an indicator of who's bothered with the Exhibition Seasons. No Top 24 races on the horizon which was the only reason to sign up.

It's truly pointless good God,i could see them changing some things to make S rating more relevant in the future because right now i don't see much reason for it to exist other than a "good job you play alot of this game" achievement

It's absolutely completely irrelevant now, notice a lot of the Top Official Season drivers have lost it because they don't bother with the Exhibition Seasons :lol:. Might as well get rid of it until next year.
Give them a chance at it. Isn't valuable anymore but some people still covet it lol. This is their only shot at getting it
A ego boost? :lol:
Yes
Actually now A+ is a better sign of being a top driver than S. Final Official Nations Season in EMEA out of top 100, 51 are A+ and 40 are S. Top 50 is 30-20 to A+ as well :lol:

S now is basically just an indicator of who's bothered with the Exhibition Seasons. No Top 24 races on the horizon which was the only reason to sign up.
The general populace doesn't know this. When general populace (especially in random lobbies) see S, they see alien. When they see alien, they praise. DR S (D) driver gets ego boost. See why some people still covet it?

The general populace doesn't know this. When general populace (especially in random lobbies) see S, they see alien. When they see alien, they praise. DR S (D) driver gets ego boost. See why some people still covet it?

Said driver also gets doubly embarrassed finishing down in about 15th in a lower lobby :lol:, also leads to more confusion ("Why am I being matched with S?") for more people.

They should until next year just leave it for those who have qualified or been invited to any of the Live Events. Otherwise how can you explain how Lightning or Fuvaros aren't 'Star Players' yet Mr 10th Peugeot in America is? :lol:

Said driver also gets doubly embarrassed finishing down in about 15th in a lower lobby :lol:, also leads to more confusion ("Why am I being matched with S?") for more people.

They should until next year just leave it for those who have qualified or been invited to any of the Live Events. Otherwise how can you explain how Lightning or Fuvaros aren't 'Star Players' yet Mr 10th Peugeot in America is? :lol:
That's on him. He knew what he was getting into. It's just right for him to be embarrassed when he can't justify his S rank

So qualy has changed a little

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_3125354.html

We will apply the following changes to the way the qualifying session works in the Championship:

- It will now be possible to do 1 more attack lap after the qualifying session ends;
 - It will now be possible to choose between multiple tyre compounds in some rounds. (The tyre compound can also be changed during the qualifying session.)
 - The tyres used in qualifying will be reset at the end of the session, so the Tyre Wear will not be carried over to the start of the final race;
 - It will now be possible to change tyre compounds in the final race.

Thank you for your continued support and please continue to enjoy Gran Turismo Sport!

Last edited:
I'm A+ (since it was converted from S) and DR S doesn't appeal to me at all now that I've raced against S/S drivers who were B/S or A/S before and who are over a second slower than me per lap. :/ Before, I knew I was in a good lobby when I saw S/S drivers, now I don't. ^^ When opening lobbies, I sometimes put A+/S as requirement and not S/S.

I'm trying FIA races but making sure I don't make the requirements to get DR S (only did 2 races last season and will do the same this season if at all). Not for now at least... Maybe next year, if there's another World Tour or something.

Last edited:
Maybe next year, if there's another World Tour or something.
I'm hoping for Team Portugal to consist of you, @pumpunku, and possibly either nuno_andrade or JIM_Azorean_Fat if the next World Tour has another Nations Cup Team Race!

If Indonesia is selected as the location for the next World Tour event (which is going to be either a standalone event like the Salzburg tour or running alongside a big event like in the Europe-only Nürburgring tour, to which if the latter happened, it should run alongside either the IIMS or the GIIAS.), then PD will look into inviting RamStig, Cuan, and mfrayyan into the event and prove their skills against the fastest drivers from other parts of the world!

I'm hoping for Team Portugal to consist of you, @pumpunku, and possibly either nuno_andrade or JIM_Azorean_Fat if the next World Tour has another Nations Cup Team Race!

If Indonesia is selected as the location for the next World Tour event (which is going to be either a standalone event like the Salzburg tour or running alongside a big event like in the Europe-only Nürburgring tour, to which if the latter happened, it should run alongside either the IIMS or the GIIAS.), then PD will look into inviting RamStig, Cuan, and mfrayyan into the event and prove their skills against the fastest drivers from other parts of the world!

That would be great. There are also a few others who can appear on top whenever they want: pcm_sj (gt academy finalist) and serfonseca at least.

I'd be happy to go to a live event but I'm not pursuing it so eagerly because I'm a 30yo guy now. I won't be part of eSports anyway. That's for the young lads. I did a few WR and EMEA lap records in daily races just to prove to myself I could do it and I'm happy with that. :D

If PD were to do a World Cup or something with like 5 guys on each team, elimination style... I'm just saying it'd be pretty sick :lol:

I'm A+ (since it was converted from S) and DR S doesn't appeal to me at all now that I've raced against S/S drivers who were B/S or A/S before and who are over a second slower than me per lap. :/ Before, I knew I was in a good lobby when I saw S/S drivers, now I don't. ^^ When opening lobbies, I sometimes put A+/S as requirement and not S/S.

I'm trying FIA races but making sure I don't make the requirements to get DR S (only did 2 races last season and will do the same this season if at all). Not for now at least... Maybe next year, if there's another World Tour or something.

I thinki you got it a bit wrong. Receiving that Dr S status offer from PD after season doesn't mean you have to use it. I got mine earlier too but after seeing it losing it's orginal meaning I still race with A+ and will until they chance requiments for that S which should tell people you are top class, not like now that most of S's are now on your way mostly without any racepace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back