FIFA 18

• Thread starter lxmmy
  • 103 comments
Interesting, I'm playing on World Class. Pretty erratic still, I'm really struggling against late goals, I get too eager in attacking, I should just be passing around and letting the whistle go. Might give Legendary a go in SQB.

Couple of things:

1) Crossing is very inconsistent this year, I can't for the life of me hit a ground/driven cross with any pace, not to mention my strikers never seem to make the right runs.

2) Strength, L2 seems to have changed from last year quite a bit. If a player gets close to me I just can't hold them off.

So far my BPL FUT is:

Schmeichel
Baines Koscielny Keane Coleman
Matic/Wanyama
Shaqiri Son/Arnautovic
Mata/Lanzini
Vardy Batshuayi

Baines, Vardy and Matic all bought today. Latter two both impressed so far.

I did spend money on Antonio, but he's not as good as I'd hoped. Not quite as fast as some, not really got good enough shooting boots. Batshuayi is very good.

Squad Battles and Daily/Weekly rewards are making it easier to make coins, at least.

Got Bailly and Mkhityran on my Targets.

Hmm, I used to play 14 on Legendary and dropped back to WC for the following games. I noticed with 15 especially that on WC I'd concede a lot of scummy goals where my defenders would just wilt as the computer was absolutely determined to nick a goal in injury time.

I think I'll switch back to Legendary if it's consistent.

What I found while playing FIFA 15 and 17 was that on Legendary, the CPU was much more consistent. You knew what they were going to do, you knew if they had a skill advantage and you could anticipate their play. On World Class, the CPU would easily concede early and then by the end of the game, they transformed into an overpowered side and would earn tons of late wins.

To me, it seemed like the lower difficulty levels showcased the scripting better because the CPU would start off bad and then suddenly get better in different situations. At least on Legendary difficulty, the CPU was constantly more dominant and when the scripting kicked in you were already on your guard.

So after i've been switching to legendary i've actually liked the more consistent handicap change compared to professional...

However, no matter how I play, who I play with or against, I will concede at least 1 goal in 8-9 of 10 matches. Winning most of them though.

Also, as the picture shows, I am struggling more against the lower rated, worse chemistry teams than the better 100 chemistry teams for some reason.

Will also most likely miss out on Elite 1 and/or Elite 2 this weekend as I am working saturday and miss at least 4 (maybe 8) matches.

5lpite.jpg

Last edited:
@Phoenix you've not drawn in 176 games? Amazing.
Correct.

So far, i've won all my matches in seasons, though only in division 8 now. Other than that i've only played Squad Battle, against TOTW and against friends.

But im sure the draws and losses will come more frequently as I move up the divisions.

2114779.jpg

What do I do now???

The players on both teams, keepers aswell, are just standing and tripping in the middle of the field? Happened when I pressed X to skip to pause menu at half time.

I cannot press any buttons, except PS button to minimize/close the game and SHARE button to... Well share... No other button works...

Do I really have to close the game and reboot? And get a loss?

EA servers are taking the piss now...

Was struggling in 2 of the squad battle matches and got a 2-0 and 5-3 win... In the last match against a bronze and silver starter team on 43 chem I was 5-0 up in the 60th something minute and the EA servers disconnected... My internet is fine, nothing else was interupted... 1 minute later I could connect to EA servers again... Of course got the 0-3 loss... :ouch:

I am actually furious!!!

Squad battles matches SHOULD BE offline matches so you DON'T get disconnected... Bloody hell.... :banghead: :mad:

A friend of mine got the same disconnect... But he was not in a match at that time.

The servers were still a problem last night? They were useless weds night trying to play Pro clubs. @Phoenix
Nah, servers were completely fine for several hours last night. Even earlier in the day.

Was just 1 moment or should say seconds of interuption that kicked in... In the most perfect moment as always. :grumpyface:

What I found while playing FIFA 15 and 17 was that on Legendary, the CPU was much more consistent. You knew what they were going to do, you knew if they had a skill advantage and you could anticipate their play. On World Class, the CPU would easily concede early and then by the end of the game, they transformed into an overpowered side and would earn tons of late wins.

To me, it seemed like the lower difficulty levels showcased the scripting better because the CPU would start off bad and then suddenly get better in different situations. At least on Legendary difficulty, the CPU was constantly more dominant and when the scripting kicked in you were already on your guard.
EA definitely did something to the AI in Squad Battles...

The last 2 weeks i've been playing all my matches in SB on legendary and last week I won 40 of 45 (1 actual EA server disconnect), and i've been winning quite comfortably against crap, decent and great teams... Got Elite 1 with a very comfortable margin.

This week however, something has changed... I can barely get over the midfield line, can't pass to any of my teammates and if it somehow actually goes to a teammate their defending player will ALWAYS intercept it... Oh and don't get me started on the shooting mechanics... Never allowed to shoot without the AI player blocking it...
I am barely winning 2-1 against bronze teams on 44-60 chem and against a Ronaldinho, Neymar, Vieira team on ~80 chem I lose 0-2... Because I am not allowed across the midfield line, not allowed to pass, cannot come close to any player to tackle and EVERY bounce goes back to them... Today I won 2 matches with 2-1, lost 1 match 0-2 and lost 1 match 1-2...

EA screwed up something with the sliders...

And it's not in my head or some other garbage. I see people on twitch and twitter experiencing the same thing. And many of those are alot better at the game than me...

So far, I'm not regretting my choice to pass on FIFA '18. The complaints about the difficulty changing on a whim and the career mode issues are only getting worse each year.

I just got red carded for passing to a teammate in the middle of the pitch... And the opposition player ran into me....

EA! Fix your bloody game! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

My goalie collected a corner from about 4 yards out, two opponents bundled him over the line. The goal stood.

My goalie collected a corner from about 4 yards out, two opponents bundled him over the line. The goal stood.
Yeah, there are just too many random fails and rubbish happening in this game. It's not even a complete game.

It's just trash like the last 2 years.

Last week, before the current last patch, the game was actually quite decent and enjoyable to play because you had more control over your players, you could pass and tackle like you should and the game was much smoother.

But noooo.... They just had to ruin it...

I love to see beautiful actions of some very good/pro players, but as much as same I like powerful goals like this one, I scored last night:

FIFA 18 is now 67% off on the PS Store and under $20. Very tempting...

It’s definitely a better game than the previous years. As I already had it, I jumped on PES 18 for a change.

I also saw that Madden 18 is down to $18 but there's just no way I could spend a dime on a game with Tom Brady on the cover. I'd also have to look at his stupid face every time it loaded.

That made the choice between FIFA and Madden easy.

FIFA 18 is now 67% off on the PS Store and under $20. Very tempting...
I would say that it is not worth it.

I've not played a single match in FIFA 18 since early, early december.

First 3-4 weeks of FIFA 18, I would agree it could be considered to maybe be the best FIFA game yet. But they had to ruin it with a number of patches which only made the game worse, patch after patch, and I could not be bothered to sit through all the ******** thats happening in FIFA.

So I moved on to other games and have not regret it one bit.

My blood pressure also thanks me. :lol:

My biggest issue right now is the lack of time I have to play anything. The low price makes it tempting but I quickly realize it would just be taking up space on my dusty PS4 hard drive.

I would say that it is not worth it.

I've not played a single match in FIFA 18 since early, early december.

First 3-4 weeks of FIFA 18, I would agree it could be considered to maybe be the best FIFA game yet. But they had to ruin it with a number of patches which only made the game worse, patch after patch, and I could not be bothered to sit through all the ******** thats happening in FIFA.

So I moved on to other games and have not regret it one bit.

My blood pressure also thanks me. :lol:
Yep it was great those first few weeks and then they ruined patch after patch but the latest patch released recently is brilliant and much better than even at release. Player positioning is finally decent and not as open.

If you still have it fire it up i think youd be amazed.

Yep it was great those first few weeks and then they ruined patch after patch but the latest patch released recently is brilliant and much better than even at release. Player positioning is finally decent and not as open.

If you still have it fire it up i think youd be amazed.
I'll pass.

I won't give EA any more attention (or money for that matter) until they properly fix the game, permanently.

In FIFA 14 and 15 I had over 2000+ games in FUT, in both games. In FIFA 16, 17 and 18 I probably haven't even passed 1000, combined.

Bring back FIFA 15!!! :lol:

Buuut, again, i'll pass. I'm gonna stick to games that I can enjoy with my friends, not the blood pressure aggravation you get for playing the "E-sports ready" crap they call FIFA nowadays.

Yeah the last decent Fifa was the PS4 port of 14 and before that 10 or WC10.

Hopefully now that 18 is pretty dam good EA are moving in the right direction. Slow it down a bit more, Limit the ping pong passing and stop players being able to do constant tricks and EA will have a winner for a few years.

VXR
15? That was the most scripted, cheesy, infuriating of them all.
I don't disagree, but it was far from the last few years editions.

That said, all FIFA games since FUT was introduced have been scripted, handicapped and full of random crap. Probably before that too.

Latest Posts

Back