FIFA 18

• Thread starter lxmmy
  • 103 comments
I don't play FUT or online at all so I have different issues. The lack of changes in career mode, the same transfers to every team and the broken fixture scheduling are usually what set me off. The new transfer negotiations seem like a chore now but apparently these can be delegated.

The only things that make me want to get it each year are the licensing and additional teams/leagues that come in. Introducing a 3rd tier in Germany and full licensing of the MLS are great additions for someone like me.

Amazingly EA patched again and amazingly it got a bit better again.

I think this game can easily be called the best football game since PES 6 now.

Really bodes well for Fifa 19

Last edited:
I don't think this needs a caption:

Zb9as7Qzj8QkP489VBo3Td8TI2xtdFMJvU138OJrsMY.jpg

Bought FIFA 18 for Xbox on Monday, have dabbled with FIFA before, any tips??

Don't play Ultimate Team. :lol:

The input delay and general server instability is ridiculous.

Hence why I stopped playing some 5-6 months ago.

I've started on Ultimate team and got a Player career mode going, only things I've done so far.

Nah haven't done online yet, I'm a bit useless at the SBC's too, got good team though...I think!

Career mode all the way.

I saw that a World Cup update was coming too (or already is out) rather than the release of a separate game.

Edit: World Cup will be added 5/29 it seems.

Last edited:
Did my first Draft mode earlier, which I won and quite enjoyed, nice feature.

Can you only get TOTS and Icons through the SBC's, or do they come in packs?

Bought and played the game since Monday, bought and opened loads of packs, haven't had a single walkout let alone a TOTS or something like it! :lol:

I know they are at random, but my luck has got to change soon!

I know they are at random, but my luck has got to change soon!
No it doesn't.

It's EA's FIFA. They make billions on packs... Why would they hand out great players left, right and centre, when they can make tons on players addiction on opening packs?

It should be out already. I've seen posts on Reddit of people's thoughts on the update.

After losing the Champions League license last month, Konami just announced the licensing of 7 leagues for PES '19 which include the Superliga Quilmes Clasica (Argentina), Superliga (Denmark), Liga NOS (Portugal), Raiffeisen Super League (Switzerland), Jupiler Pro League (Belgium), Ladbrokes Premiership (Scotland) and an exclusive license with the Russian Premier League. This would mean no real Russian players in FIFA '19.

Started the World Cup mode, good so far.

Managed to get TOTS Pjanic on my UT, he's the highest card in my squad at 93, rest of my squad is pretty much all 80+, Happy with my team and the way its going though, my record is 58-0-12, all single player, haven't been online yet.

In my team I've got Hummels, Rashford, Alderwiereld, Diego Costa, Salah, Muller, Ozil, Bernando Silva, Marcelo and Kroos, plus loan Icon Pele who has one game left.

Already won the World Cup with relative ease.

Really coming to like the WC Mode more than normal FUT, the gameplay seems very smooth in comparison to its normal counterpart and the pack weight for high rated players is very good which gives the chance for everyone to have a very good team. Only thing they can do is to obviously to patch the broken name bars and implement a way for people to play against their friends.

Thought id let you guys know that since the World Cup mode has launched there has been a big market crash on regular UT, this means that the players on the transfer market are going for far less coins than they normally would.

This week I managed to get...Kane (89 rated TOTW), Rashford (TOTW), Modric, Rakatic, Ter Stegen, Bailly, Willian, Icardi, Walker, Martial and Alba...for less than 60k!

They were all regular Gold cards apart from those two in-forms, the specials and the likes of Messi, Ronaldo etc, are also less than they normally go, but I cant afford them just yet.

Obviously this is because everyone is playing the World Cup now and once goes back to playing regular UT then it should be back to normal.

Not that i'm into FIFA 18 anymore, but it's shocking to see Messi go for less than 150k.

And Ronaldo for around 300-320k. :dunce:

Even the 96 Ronaldo Nazario SBC is super cheap at like 1.25 mill.

If only the gameplay was smooth.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kante was another player I got, knew I forgot someone...

Even if the likes of Ronaldo, Messi etc are that cheap I still cant afford them as I only have about 130k coins ATM, but I'm happy with them team I've got, will be on FIFA for a good few hours tonight with World Cup stuff and generally just messing around so if there's a chance I can get those players tonight then Ill do it in a heartbeat!

Some more licensing news:
- Dortmund cancel their license with Konami and sign with EA. This could mean that Signal Iduna Park will be back in FIFA 19.
- EA has obtained the licences for Serie A and the TIM cup in Italy. No more "Calcio A" league!

Some more licensing news:
- Dortmund cancel their license with Konami and sign with EA. This could mean that Signal Iduna Park will be back in FIFA 19.
- EA has obtained the licences for Serie A and the TIM cup in Italy. No more "Calcio A" league!
As someone who buys a fifa once every 3/4 years and only this version properly did ultimate team I was very confused by a few of the league name. This makes sense now though :lol:

The World Cup update is great. Nice to see such a generous package being given for free.

Oh and they actually included the thunderclap from Iceland with full crowd and player animations.

Back