FIFA 18

• Thread starter lxmmy
  • 103 comments
United Kingdom
UK

b6d6f344a1a391733df7d0dfca4eaa57.png

Release Date: 29/09/2017

Full La Liga license is rumored to be in game by people who played versions at last week's EA demos. This would include the scoreboard and graphics packages and hopefully more stadiums. More real life managers have been included as well like Zidane and Ancelotti.

MLS team LA Galaxy will get the StudHub Center added in game as well as Brighton and Huddersfield due to their promotion.

This is live on the Fifa 17 console main menu.

3 different cards of the icons from different times in their legend era.

Not mine by the way, just saw it on youtube.

Edited in EA's official video now, first video in spoiler tab:

Last edited:
I adopt a rotation policy now :

PES : Sep to April
FIFA : April to Sep

Both games are great. Both have pros and cons...

New career mode features courtesy of operationsports.com user Don Jon:
trabs.jpg

TheRealDGTV-2-1024.jpg

Neff2G6-on-Reddit-2-1024.jpg

And the full La Liga license in action:
images

edit: fixed links

Last edited:
That negotiation of player contracts in real time could be really nice, might make that sort of thing a lot less then a zero sum game.

I honestly think it is a terrible feature and it may be the beginning of a merge between The Journey and career mode (and the death of the latter). I only play career mode and the transfer negotiation screen was fine as it was. All they needed to do was add the release clause and buy-back clause into the original screen, and maybe get rid of the same fountain pen and signature that are about 5 years old.

Don't get me wrong, the first couple times you go through it and see the players and everything it will seem really cool. But by the 5th, 10th, or 20th time, it will get old fast. Especially because the agents are created with the same models as the managers. Then you add the generic player faces in...

As someone who only plays career mode, makes a dozen or so moves per window and creates youth squad teams, this new negotiation feature is going to be a huge time dump if I now have to skip through these videos. I hope there is an option to leave them out.

Career mode and The Journey is of no interest for me.

I will only play Ultimate Team if I buy FIFA 18.

But they really need to fix the gameplay and input lag. And connections. And servers. And content.

If any of you are having trouble with the web app and can't login or can't change console, EA are "working" on it...

As per their official forums and support chat.

Should be fixed today, if they stick to their support chat's statement that other users have been given.

EA Early Access has been up for a little while now. From what I've seen/heard in career mode, you still can't scout Wales (even though you can manage the national team) and the new transfer and contract negotiations are not able to be skipped. :banghead:

The whole player database is out.

Angel Gomes is this year's career mode god. A 16 year old with 89 potential. The last bronze-tier player with that kind of potential? Anthony Martial. Wonder what happened with him... (He has 90 potential, by the way. Rashford has 89. Basically, play as United.)

My favourite player so far? Amath Diedhiou, who is both a career mode and ultimate team god. Seriously, for a silver his stats are absolutely sent from the heavens. Getafe is where he's at, in case you were wondering.

Download of the full game on PS4 is live and probably has been for a bit.

I'm downloading it now.
It's around ~46,3 GB file size.

Not too hefty... Looking at you Forza 7. :lol:

First impressions?

Super subs are great, defending is even harder for me this year. Fortunately I can still score.

I'm really liking Squad Battles.

A few improvements to Pro Clubs working well too.

First impressions?

Super subs are great, defending is even harder for me this year. Fortunately I can still score.

I'm really liking Squad Battles.

A few improvements to Pro Clubs working well too.
Yes, but the AI in Squad Battles are cheating though. :lol:

They WILL find a way to score on you, no matter how good you are, how good team you have and how bad theirs are.

Funny thing is I concede more goals on Professional than Legendary... Pathetic. :odd:

Hmm, I might have to try that. At times their ai can keep the ball so well.

I should be well set for a nice haul from SB. Also, Lanzini is amazing as a cam.

I just bought this for my laptop yesterday and requested a refund today. Tried everything but whenever I wanted to actually play a match in the career mode I would be forced to do a warm up session before the match which I was stuck in a loop in, I would complete it and then get the optipon to restart, yay, complete it again and..., Restart or restart. Googled the problem and none of the solutions worked so refund requested.

Ironically (since I presume this isn't right) the request a refund page on Origin wouldn't let me progress when I selected too buggy as the reason so I had to select other instead.

Dissapointed as I haven't bought a FIFA game for a couple of years and we looking forward to playing this, didn't buy it sooner because of Forza 7, but can't waste £55 on that.

Funny thing is I concede more goals on Professional than Legendary... Pathetic. :odd:

It's been like this for a few years now. I think because legendary is the highest difficulty the momentum shifts are far less egregious than they are at world class and professional since the AI is already OP on legendary. The consistency of the AI on legendary is nice since it makes it easier to know what to do and what to avoid for plays. Not like the lower levels where you score several times and are cleaning house, only for the ball to suddenly become glued to the AI's foot and your players take like ten touches to do a simple pass or shot.

It's been like this for a few years now. I think because legendary is the highest difficulty the momentum shifts are far less egregious than they are at world class and professional since the AI is already OP on legendary. The consistency of the AI on legendary is nice since it makes it easier to know what to do and what to avoid for plays. Not like the lower levels where you score several times and are cleaning house, only for the ball to suddenly become glued to the AI's foot and your players take like ten touches to do a simple pass or shot.
Yeah it's really annoying, but my skill isn't good enough with my current team to beat the AI consistently on Legendary... Hence why I sometimes play on Professional.

And for them to boost the Professional difficulty up a few notches because I scored an early goal is utter ********. :irked:

Can someone please give me a logical explanation as to why I can win 4-0 with ease against a Ronaldo/Messi 100 chem Legendary AI team in one game in Squad Battles, and the very next one I lose 0-6 to a half decent gold Professional difficulty team on 66 chem???

I win 99% of my games on Professional and about 60-70% of the Legendary ones.

I cannot find a single reason why this handicap garbage can be allowed in a game thats supposedly "E-sports ready"... Its not skill based when the computer decides WHEN/IF you can pass, score or win matches...

Edit:
Won 6-4 and 3-1 in the 2 next games after that... Both on Legendary against good teams with 100 chem... What the bloody hell EA?!?!

Last edited:
I cannot find a single reason why this handicap garbage can be allowed in a game thats supposedly "E-sports ready"... Its not skill based when the computer decides WHEN/IF you can pass, score or win matches...
Stop playing the game if you find it that frustrating against the AI. Or you could play online.......

Simple.

Stop playing the game if you find it that frustrating against the AI. Or you could play online.......

Simple.
The point is not that it can be frustrating... The point is that the 'Pro' difficulty AI should be alot easier than the 'Legendary' difficulty. But in many cases, specially in Squad Battle, it's quite the opposite. Which makes no sense.

I am playing online too. And yeah, I can notice the shift in who has the advantage of momentum there aswell.

Really no rewarding feeling demolishing some poor fella online when he can't string a single pass together because the computer won't let him.

Then the next game it's the other way around. Pointless.

The big problem in Fifa (this year and previous years) is the lack of gameplay consistency, offline and online.

The point is not that it can be frustrating... The point is that the 'Pro' difficulty AI should be alot easier than the 'Legendary' difficulty. But in many cases, specially in Squad Battle, it's quite the opposite. Which makes no sense.

I am playing online too. And yeah, I can notice the shift in who has the advantage of momentum there aswell.

Really no rewarding feeling demolishing some poor fella online when he can't string a single pass together because the computer won't let him.

Then the next game it's the other way around. Pointless.

The big problem in Fifa (this year and previous years) is the lack of gameplay consistency, offline and online.
I'm having no problems from my end facing legendary AI, they play the same style and you see a correlation in what angles and opportunities where it makes it difficult for AI to read.

Maybe its down to your skill or team rather than the game.

I'm having no problems from my end facing legendary AI, they play the same style and you see a correlation in what angles and opportunities where it makes it difficult for AI to read.

Maybe its down to your skill or team rather than the game.
Yes, I feel the AI in legendary is alot more consistent and better to play against than the professional, because the professional difficulty suddenly bumps up to ultimate or down to amateur... There is alot of inconsistent gameplay in professional, which there shouldn't be.

The AI however will almost always get at least 1 goal, no matter how good you're defending it. No denying that.

Yes, I feel the AI in legendary is alot more consistent and better to play against than the professional, because the professional difficulty suddenly bumps up to ultimate or down to amateur... There is alot of inconsistent gameplay in professional, which there shouldn't be.

The AI however will almost always get at least 1 goal, no matter how good you're defending it. No denying that.
Funny thing the legendary AI havent scored past me in the last 4 games.

Funny thing the legendary AI havent scored past me in the last 4 games.
I understand what you mean...

The goals i've conceded against legendary AI have for the most part been my fault with poor passes or other mistakes.

But sometimes you just can't control it and it will just go in no matter what. I specially feel that in professional when the AI bumps up their skill underway in the match.

I will try to only play legendary the next week and see if I notice any inconsistency like in professional.

I understand what you mean...

The goals i've conceded against legendary AI have for the most part been my fault with poor passes or other mistakes.

But sometimes you just can't control it and it will just go in no matter what. I specially feel that in professional when the AI bumps up their skill underway in the match.

I will try to only play legendary the next week and see if I notice any inconsistency like in professional.
6CE17BF9-6210-40B1-AB9C-4E6F37DE9009.jpeg
C22D34D4-4110-4568-9878-A83390410AD0.jpeg

Legendary seems ‘very’ consistent.

Back