Final Fantasy VII - PC version coming to PS4 Spring '15

• Thread starter Earth
  • 62 comments
Not more interest? I nearly fell down to my knees and started weeping like a little girl... I waited for this for 3 years! I actually had to play this on my beat up PSOne, and every time I needed to switch discs, I had to let it cool down for a bit because it wouldn't boot up a disc when it is at it's working temperature.

To me, this is and will be the best game of the Playstation legacy.

Not more interest? I nearly fell down to my knees and started weeping like a little girl... I waited for this for 3 years! I actually had to play this on my beat up PSOne, and every time I needed to switch discs, I had to let it cool down for a bit because it wouldn't boot up a disc when it is at it's working temperature.

To me, this is and will be the best game of the Playstation legacy.

My story is I have bought the game probably 5 or 6 times since the winter of '97 because the discs kept getting scratched or lost.

Eventually a few years ago they stopped selling it so I have not been able to do my annual play through of the game for some time now.

I heard it will have extra content, can't wait to see it. Hope it is touched up like the PC version, and runs at least 480p.

This is going to be EPIC...again

Oh it will, my friend. It will.

PS Boards report many download errors, so I'll probably wait a few days to download it (I can still play it on my PSOne, I've been doing another play through for the last month anyways) but I'm really wondering about the bugs right now... Namely the W-Item bug. Boy, did I use to exploit that to get infinite elixirs and max my AP from the magic pots!

awesome...what is the price? I am downloading this tonight!!! (if i can) :)👍

is this in the US PSN? Can it be played on the ps3 or psp only?

Last edited:
Its $9.99 I will have to keep to my disc copy till this comes out in Europe, then it shall go on the PSP!

WHY is it not out on the EUversion =( its s shame rly ur lcuky u

glac

It is now out on the EU store (only a few days delay) and is a great title, it will certainly keep me going over the next few weeks when away with work.

Very impressed at how good it looks on the PSP and how many memories it brought back, particularly the music.

Oh Glacius, the AUP is quite clear on the use of text-speak here at GT Planet, simply put it is not allowed. Please do not use it in a post again.

Regards

Scaff

It is now out on the EU store (only a few days delay) and is a great title, it will certainly keep me going over the next few weeks when away with work.

Very impressed at how good it looks on the PSP and how many memories it brought back, particularly the music.

Oh Glacius, the AUP is quite clear on the use of text-speak here at GT Planet, simply put it is not allowed. Please do not use it in a post again.

Regards

Scaff

Im sorry ? what you mean by AUP ? im none english and norwegian so i dont understand that therm sry.

Also i got it to but it wont play properly on my 24" samsung HDCP monitor.
Im not sure if anyone else has got it as well but when i play it my monitor says my resolution is not supported on the monitor and it flips in and out of the res and a erro comes on it saying " 1900x1200 optimized etc" wonder if any of you have any clues on how to solve this cheers

glac

My story is I have bought the game probably 5 or 6 times since the winter of '97 because the discs kept getting scratched or lost.

Eventually a few years ago they stopped selling it so I have not been able to do my annual play through of the game for some time now.

I heard it will have extra content, can't wait to see it. Hope it is touched up like the PC version, and runs at least 480p.

Are you PAL? - I think I've got a PS1 copy knocking around if you want it...

Not played it in time.

C.

Im sorry ? what you mean by AUP ? im none english and norwegian so i dont understand that therm sry.

Also i got it to but it wont play properly on my 24" samsung HDCP monitor.
Im not sure if anyone else has got it as well but when i play it my monitor says my resolution is not supported on the monitor and it flips in and out of the res and a erro comes on it saying " 1900x1200 optimized etc" wonder if any of you have any clues on how to solve this cheers

glac

Try running under 1080p instead of a higher resolution.

C.

*sigh* As much as I thought it would be a bad idea to get this game again I think I'm going to have to. I've looked everywhere for my PS1 disc but can't find it and all this talk of FF7 makes me want to get back and play it. Trip down memory road I suppose.

Brilliant, brilliant, game! I'm not going to buy it though... I'll just reach for my PS1 copy and play that instead!

If the PSN version is improved, I may buy that, but the game is good as it is! 👍

^ Agreed.

I havn't played and FF game in ages, mostly because I'm backlogged with current games, never mind playing games over.

This is the most epic RPG I have ever played and what I have used to measure all other RPG's. Don't think I'll run through it again, but who knows. I gave my disc's to my son some time ago, he still plays it on a modded PSone I gave him. I may end up getting it for my download collection just to have it and to plunk away at it periodically, or atleast while I wait for FFXIII. 👍

TB
^ Agreed.

I havn't played and FF game in ages, mostly because I'm backlogged with current games, never mind playing games over.

👍 I'm in the same boat. I'm tempted to DL this if there are signifigant improvements but then I'll be on a slippery slope if they start re-releasing other FFs. I already have them all except III (no DS :( ... yet) and XI (Pesonally, I don't count this one). It's bad enough that I already have NES, SNES and PSX versions of I, IV(II) and VI(III).

👍 I'm in the same boat. I'm tempted to DL this if there are signifigant improvements but then I'll be on a slippery slope if they start re-releasing other FFs. I already have them all except III (no DS :( ... yet) and XI (Pesonally, I don't count this one). It's bad enough that I already have NES, SNES and PSX versions of I, IV(II) and VI(III).

Just go for it man, you know you want it, need it. It's calling to you..... :D

Actually, it's only $9.99 isn't it? That's even closer. ;)

i got it last night and boy did it bring back memories. It sure does look horrible compared to todays graphics standards but the music alone brings a big smile to my face (and i only played through till the first save point) :dopey:

Even though I already own a couple of copies of this game, I purchased it again when it became available on the store. Such a classic. :)

If it's 480P it's worth the price and then some. SD looks rubbish on my HDTV's, so a Progressive version would look a lot better than trying to play my SD PS1 copy.

;)

If it's 480P it's worth the price and then some. SD looks rubbish on my HDTV's, so a Progressive version would look a lot better than trying to play my SD PS1 copy.

;)

That's why I keep hold of an old 14" portable and my trusty old PS2! 👍

I've never thought much of FF7 to be honest. I'm waiting until FF8 comes out. It's easily my favourite of the series.

Still FF7 is only £7.99 in the UK and you can play it on the PSP so....

so, they left it intact, badly overlapping polygons and all?

rather have the PS format one so I can play with it again. after I beat it, I managed to find the memory locations of the Materia to play with.

It's exacly the same game. I have a disc copy as well, but due to the limited space in my game room, it's a pain to set up the old PS1 every time I want to play it (The controller cord isn't long enough to reach my sitting spot as well). Amazing how having a game on my PS3 (with the comodity of the wireless controller) can get me to play it a lot more. It's certainly convenient.

I'm disappointed that it's still 480i[p?] or even less. I wasn't expecting widescreen but I was hoping the game got the same visual upgrade the PC version got, and it didnt

I thought I heard the Japanese got extra/special features from one of the gaming sites.

It would make sense as the Japanese download was 1715 mbs, NTSC and PAL was what, 1300mbs? That's 400 missing mbs. Also the Japanese game was $15 US. Makes me think they did get something extra

I hope we didn't get the short end of the stick

Anyways, I started a new game and I'm about to go off to the second reactor. I'm going to leave a save point on the memory card for every major event in the game. This will be my final play through of FF7, so I'll be sure to do everything this time.

Back