Shirrako
FFXV.jpg

Developer: Square Enix
Publisher: Square Enix
Platforms: Playstation 4, Xbox One
Release Date: September 30th, 2016
PS VR Support: Yes

Last edited:
Damn, I was scouring the search thread to see if there was one already made before I posted mine :lol:

I'm throwing this here because I've been waiting since it was announced in 2007.

Last edited:
This is the "new" :rolleyes: Final Fantasy title Square promised at the Sony event back in February

Sorry, but I have no interest in "Kingdom Hearts meets Final Fantasy". I absolutely loathe the main character's Kingdom hearts hair

Is there a list? I've only just woken up and missed the conference.

Some of the titles listed from the official PS4 release doc :

More than 110 titles in the works, 505 developers joined in since Feb 2013

Destiny from Bungie
Diablo III from Blizzard Ent.
Kingdom Hearts III
Final Fantasy XV
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag
Watch_Dogs
NBA 2K14
The Elder Scrolls Online
MAD MAX

SCE Worldwide Studios : more than 30 titles planned , 20 will be available within a year of launch, 12 brand new IP

Killzone : Shadow Fall
KNACK
inFamous : Second Son
Driveclub
The Order : 1886

Wow. Square-Enix had better deliver with this one. After eight years in development, constant delays, a never-ending revolving door of rumours about its cancellation, abandoning the Fabula Nova Crystallis concept, and all the hype they have attached to its concept, to shift this to the next title in its own right following a string of lacklustre titles is a monumental risk. If Final Fantasy XV dies, it might kill the franchise outright.

I know game series have to evolve, especially one as longlasting as FF but if you showed an alien FF7 and this game I doubt they would guess they were the same series. Don't like it at all.

I'm really excited for this.

Love the modern setting mixed with crazy monsters.

It's the team behind KH1 and 2 and the same director, so the combat was gonna be KH-like, which should be a lot of fun.

They wanted it to have fights like Advent Children and it doesn't seem far off from that mark. Thinking of having some really epic combos with reaction commands and that teleporting with what looks like hotswappable weapons seems just awesome. The way the party interacts with eachother during combat looks really interesting as well. Can't wait!

Why are you knocking the new combat system Simon? Turn-based style RPGs have had their time, I'm sure we'll come back to it in a super-defined format (kind of like how fighting games went from 2D to 3D then back to 2D) but for now we gotta see what's up with this mix up of different combat systems. For now, there's plenty of cool indie games that'll have it. Or like, Final Fantasy HD versions on the 3DS or something.

I'm really confused on the gameplay...Looks like a combination of MGR Revengeance and Darksiders. Don't remember Kingdom Hearts being such a fast paced game as Final Fantasy XV. not sure if this will work out well. aside from the fast paced gameplay, it looks stunning.

Try to judge the game on its merits instead of insulting the producer, sir.

I just cant take the game seriously. It tries to put on this front as a serious political thriller but some of the characters have this bad anime hair. A long time ago outrageous anime hair was cool, not so much today.

Also the gameplay looks chatoic and out of control. With Final Fantasy Im looking for strategic, slower paced battles, not epic hacking and slashing. Theres Dynasty Warriors for that

The Dragon Quest series is a perfect example of how traditional turnbased JRPG combat can still be fun and executed well.

Looks 16+ to me, FF games are usually 12+, aren't they?

It'd be nice if they figured out that most of the people that grew up with FF are now 30+. There's definitely room for a more mature entry in the FF series.

I can't wait for this. Rewatching some of the vids, and man, this game is just what I want in a next-gen FF title. Ditch the turn based combat. Amp up the graphical presentation while keeping it in the fantasy, and slightly "anime" realm (because man, the game looks incredible).

This was anounced back in what, 2006? Hopefully this incredibly long waiting game pays off on a wonderful world and game, that at the least meets all my expectiations they so rightly elevated.

Square Enix seems confused about FFXV being at E3.

They were giving hints that FFXV will be at this year's E3, i think that even if they don't confirm FFXV it will be at E3.

Square Enix wants to suprise the audience like they did last year with the FFXV and KH3 trailers.
That was the biggest "WOW" moment of E3 last year for me.

Don't lose hope in FFXV!

Back