Kingdom Hearts III Thread PS4/Xbox One

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 109 comments
Because they have similar architecture, it makes comparisons early on far easier this time around. And everything I've seen shows the PS4 has far more data through put and faster memory and clock speeds in general.

That's not exactly how it works. Just saying it, doesn't make it true. The main superfun point is that in no way will the incredibly similarly stacked rival console "hold back" or hinder the development of this title. And anyone on the outside, without the dev kits has little room to make that claim.

As for telling people to chill, I believe you told someone they were 12 and then rambled on about bias and so on.

Call it like I see it. Believe me, I'm as cool as a cucumber right now.

That's not exactly how it works. Just saying it, doesn't make it true. The main superfun point is that in no way will the incredibly similarly stacked rival console "hold back" or hinder the development of this title. And anyone on the outside, without the dev kits has little room to make that claim.

I had to read the bold part a few times before it made any sense. And I wasn't talking about the development of anything, I was pointing out the PS4 has superior specs by significant margins (especially in terms of memory performance) which is a fact. The developer kits aren't going to be nearly as a big deal this time around because of the way these platforms are setup like PCs.

Generally, resorting to personal attacks and telling people to cool it while doing so leads everyone to think you're anything but chill.

You're either a fanboy or not very intelligent.
PS4 is more powerful. will the developers use the extra power? don't know that, but replying "No" to my previous post meant you disagree that the PS4 is more powerful with pure evidence infront of you, Will the Xbox One hold back Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts because of it being on the Xbox? No one knows but Final Fantasy XIII did hold back the PS3 version, that was confirmed by Square Enix back in 2010.

I had to read the bold part a few times before it made any sense. And I wasn't talking about the development of anything, I was pointing out the PS4 has superior specs by significant margins (especially in terms of memory performance) which is a fact. The developer kits aren't going to be nearly as a big deal this time around because of the way these platforms are setup like PCs.

There are memory difference, the DDR3 being used in the Xbox One, and the DDR5 in the PS4. Both are 8 GB, however. With the cloud being used, that could rectify any potential memory issues, at least for the time being.

That, and whatever other differences there are have yet to even be an issue, as no developer working on multiplatform titles has stated there were big enough differences to cause problems. In fact, a few developers have stated working on both has been a breeze because of how similar they are setup (and how similar they are to PCs).

Generally, resorting to personal attacks and telling people to cool it while doing so leads everyone to think you're anything but chill.

Well, not in my book. But by all means, assume what you want. Doesn't effect me, or the subject we are current discussing one bit whatsoever.

You're either a fanboy or not very intelligent.

Neither. But you defininitely have me fooled.

PS4 is more powerful.

I read that as "My console has BLAST PROCESSING and MORE BITS!"

will the developers use the extra power? don't know that, but replying "No" to my previous post meant you disagree that the PS4 is more powerful with pure evidence infront of you,

I disgareed with your assesment of the PS4 being majorly superior in everyway, and hindering the development of KH3. And still do.

...but Final Fantasy XIII did hold back the PS3 version, that was confirmed by Square Enix back in 2010.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with this game, and these systems. Seriously, why even mention that?

There are memory difference, the DDR3 being used in the Xbox One, and the DDR5 in the PS4. Both are 8 GB, however. With the cloud being used, that could rectify any potential memory issues, at least for the time being.

That, and whatever other differences there are have yet to even be an issue, as no developer working on multiplatform titles has stated there were big enough differences to cause problems. In fact, a few developers have stated working on both has been a breeze because of how similar they are setup (and how similar they are to PCs).

Well, not in my book. But by all means, assume what you want. Doesn't effect me, or the subject we are current discussing one bit whatsoever.

Neither. But you defininitely have me fooled.

I read that as "My console has BLAST PROCESSING and MORE BITS!"

I disgareed with your assesment of the PS4 being majorly superior in everyway, and hindering the development of KH3. And still do.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with this game, and these systems. Seriously, why even mention that?

Never said PS4 will be superior in everyway, Multiplatform releases always make the development longer, it may not take a huge amount of time but that doesn't mean it won't be delayed, it will either come out at the same time as the PS4 version or Microsoft won't allow Square to release KH3 on the Xbox at all, that's how Microsoft does business, So yes it may not lower the quality of the game since the Xbox One version will be a port from the PS4 but it will delay the game by at least two months.

Last I checked, most people don't have GB/s connections and most none RAM circuits can handle that either. So I'm not really sure how the cloud is going to rectify the more than 2 times speed difference in the memory.

But by all means, continue to squirm under the fact that the XBOX One simply isn't as fast as the PS4.

As for your attacks and attempts to play it cool, I must say I don't find them very convincing.

Basically, stop trying so hard.

Never said PS4 will be superior in everyway, Multiplatform releases always make the development longer, it may not take a huge amount of time but that doesn't mean it won't be delayed, it will either come out at the same time as the PS4 version or Microsoft won't allow Square to release KH3 on the Xbox at all, that's how Microsoft does business, So yes it may not lower the quality of the game since the Xbox One version will be a port from the PS4 but it will delay the game by at least two months.

Where are you getting your information from? Please, enlighten me.

But by all means, continue to squirm under the fact that the XBOX One simply isn't as fast as the PS4.

As for your attacks and attempts to play it cool, I must say I don't find them very convincing.

Basically, stop trying so hard.

Now you've lost me. I don't think you've realized I don't care which is more powerful. No ones "squirming".

These console warz have made people incredibly simple minded. And I don't even understand what that last comment even had to do with what I was saying.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/12/4424022/sony-shuhei-yoshida-says-ps4-cloud-computing-calculations

"The Cloud" is officially the new "Blast Processing." Anything and everything can be done because of it.

I feel it will have real applications in time. I loved how Turn 10 plans to use it in Forza, for example.

Now you've lost me. I don't think you've realized I don't care which is more powerful. No ones "squirming".

These console warz have made people incredibly simple minded. And I don't even understand what that last comment even had to do with what I was saying.

I feel it will have real applications in time. I loved how Turn 10 plans to use it in Forza, for example.
Judging by the posts i see here, you're a certified fanboy.
Take this arguement to a thread that is about console comparisons.

Last edited:

You've gone from saying the PS4 isn't faster, to saying it is but the cloud will make up for it, to just acting like you don't care.

Basically, the argument of someone who doesn't actually know what they are talking about once questioned.

You realize I have no plan to buy either console, as I'm a PC gamer and have almost no interest in console exclusives these days.

And the last comment has to do with your endless efforts to get small digs in on people and constantly reminding us that you're cool as a cucumber and don't really care. In short, you're being a try hard.

The part about Microsoft requiring multiplatform games to come out at the same time or earlier on their system or they won't allow it to be released at all isn't news. Microsoft even defended it.

You've gone from saying the PS4 isn't faster, to saying it is but the cloud will make up for it, to just acting like you don't care.

Basically, the argument of someone who doesn't actually know what they are talking about once questioned.

You realize I have no plan to buy either console, as I'm a PC gamer and have almost no interest in console exclusives these days.

And the last comment has to do with your endless efforts to get small digs in on people and constantly reminding us that you're cool as a cucumber and don't really care. In short, you're being a try hard.

Any digs are just responses to yours. In fact, you started it. I made my point several posts ago. So to drive the focus back where it needs to be, this game won't be hindered by cross platform development. If you are saying it will, then that's where we have a difference in views.

I don't care for everything else you said. You seem to be trying much harder than me.

Judging by the posts i see here, you're a certified fanboy.
Take this arguement to the PS4 vs Xbox One Thread.

lol, what?

The part about Microsoft requiring multiplatform games to come out at the same time or earlier on their system or they won't allow it to be released at all isn't news. Microsoft even defended it.

I heard about that. But if you let certain others tell it, it's because the console can't handle this game, and it will be exactly two months after a currently unknown release date.

- While Yasumoto is excited about KH3 finally on the way after so much waiting, mentioning that KH2 was released in 2005, Nomura says he hasn't felt aware of the time passing at all! Yasumoto says that's probably to be expected since there have been games out every year anyway. Nomura says, however, hearing that seven or eight years have passed does make him think it's been a bit too long. He says he has been thinking he really needs to hurry up and do it.

- When Yasumoto asks how work on the numbered titles begin, Nomura says that he thinks of a numbered title as something following the pattern of KH1, with Sora as protagonist and Donald and Goofy as friends that come with you.

- Nomura agrees that during the concept stage it is simple. There hadn't been anything plot-wise that fit so far, so they had continued with spin offs.
- Yasumoto confirms that is has been 8 years since KH2 was released. Nomura agrees that it's taken a bit too long.

- On the topic of gameplay and battling, Nomura says since it's a numbered title they plan to evolve the basic style of KH2, while perhaps incorporating some of the elements of gameplay they challenged themselves to develop for the spin off titles. Apparently there will be a lot of gameplay from KH3D in particular, and he thinks you can feel the future KH3 in that game.

- When asked whether people who are completely new to the KH series will be able to enjoy KH3 without playing any other titles, Nomura is unsure! He says that when he decided to make KH3, he decided he would also have to make 1.5. Nomura hopes people will play and enjoy 1.5, especially now that KH3 has been announced.

- They talk about the difficulties of working on new hardware such as the PS4 and XBONE. Nomura says that they way they have to make the game is very different from how they have done things so far. They are using the method of making the base of the whole thing on PC and then adjusting for the features of each console, which is apparently the best way to go about ported projects.

- There are many challenges in making a ported game, but Nomura is confident he and his team will overcome them.

I loved KH2, but was about 10 years old and had no idea what was going on. Still don't :lol:. If I could catch up on the story, I feel as if it would be very fun to continue the story. All I remember is Sora was trying to find the girl (Kairi?) because something happened to her and I met a whole bunch of Disney characters while smashing shadowy things with my oversized key.

Which sucks, because I can tell looking back that it's an elaborate story.

/crappyparaphrase

With news that Disney now owns the rights do these various companies and their respective properties, of course Nomura would get interested and begin imagining the possibilities for those new characters and worlds inside of the Kingdom Hearts universe. In an E3 interview with IGN, he explained, “Whenever I hear of the news, I always say, ‘woah…they’ve done it again.’”

“The first thing I do when I find out this news is contact Disney and see if it’s something I can use [in Kingdom Hearts].”

We followed up by asking him if Disney had ever answered with a yes, to which he replied, “Disney’s companies are all very different. Sometimes the answer is ‘absolutely no,’ and sometimes the answer is, ‘…hmm, we don’t know...’”

I tried to search "kingdom hearts" and nothing came back. Why is that in this thread again?

No, seriously?

Every page is filled with talk about the power of the console, or was I talking to myself the past several pages?

Jesus, the bandwagon mentality is incredible, here. So I guess the discussion on the "power of the systems" is only discussed when it's against the console in least favor? It ended the second Kojima put his two cents in?

Awesome, and noted.

Oh no, I'm done. I don't care to discuss it or anything related to the consoles or upcoming games, anymore.

Here, it's pointless.

Jesus, the bandwagon mentality is incredible, here. So I guess the discussion on the "power of the systems" is only discussed when it's against the console in least favor? It ended the second Kojima put his two cents in?

Awesome, and noted.

I'd say the discussion about the power of the systems that was only barely on topic to begin with when you singled it out to argue about it exclusively ended when the topic moved on to actually talk about the game.

So to repeat dice's question, what does Kojima's statements have to do with Kingdom Hearts III? Because it's obvious what it has to do with you getting the last word in on a topic that you repeatedly assured everyone you didn't care about; but that's not what this thread was ever actually about.

Alright;

Xbox one aswell...lame

Kingdom Hearts titles have popped up everywhere but a Microsoft console. Why would that be lame? Doesn't effect anything one way or another.

Delays the release date man, porting over to Xbox One wont be a matter of weeks but months. And MS has rules that if you don't release the content first on Xbox or at the same time as other consoles it can't be released on the Xbox. so yeah it's lame.

Xbox One and PS4 are running on the exact same architecture, porting games between the two will take no time at all.

I reiterated this, and noted that while there are differences, it will not be significant enough to dynamically alter the development cycle.

Ps4 is more powerful in terms of specs, I have no real evidence but if the Xbox One version looks just like the PS4 version, then that will mean that as a result in a multiplatform release Square Enix had to lower the PS4's graphical capabilities to match the Xbox One.

Again, back and fourth. Me versus pretty much everyone, sans Samus, who agreed with me.

And posted some actual evidence from a very well respected developer, who is currently developing on BOTH consoles Kingdom Hearts III is being made to be on, to further back up my claims in this very thread.

Can we all honestly sit back, and say the last few post were not of bandwagon, let's just take turns bagging on this guy tonight? Or am I just seeing/reading things vastly incorrectly, Tornado? If I am forgive me.

But I guess I'm "trying hard"?

Last edited:
Back