FINAL FANTASY XV

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 218 comments
I got the reason for Gladio's outburst -- my fault for not being clearer about that -- but the way it was portrayed was very unconvincing.

I got the reason for Gladio's outburst -- my fault for not being clearer about that -- but the way it was portrayed was very unconvincing.
Lets be honest - the series has never had outstanding writing or voice acting. It might not be as heavy-handed as Hideo Kojima on a bad day ("THEY PLAYED US LIKE A DAMNED FIDDLE!"), but it's not on the same level as the likes of Far Cry 4 ("What is this? Really, we're not checking for these anymore? You don't text for help, you call for help. Here, say it with me: help!" / "... Help." / "From your diaphragm, man!" / "HELP!").

I slogged through like 40 hours and couldn't take it anymore. I think the game is super boring. I've played every FF since the first one, and even Mystic Quest, but I think XV is just pretty with little substance. Pretty much all the side quests are either hunts or unimaginative fetch quests.

Ah, so the sneaky NVIDIA / 1080Ti demo a few months ago was true. I also remember Nomura saying he was considering porting the game to PC

Not unexpected, but cool to see nonetheless.

What is unexpectied is that XV is also getting an official demake of sorts for mobile devices called "pocket edition", which is apparently the full XV game with simplified graphics:

They also strongly implied a Switch version in the future, but they didn't specify whether it'd be a port of the main edition, pocket edition, or whether they're going full-blown Minecraft and making a separate edition... the pocket edition seems like the safest bet, but the naming of "Windows Edition" and "Pocket Edition" suggests that perhaps Switch will get its own "Switch Edition" which might be somewhere halfway between the pocket edition and the regular console edition.

New DLC guys!

So, Rings of Lucii gives iggy his power to protect Noct, at the expense of his eyesight? Must be the legit reason why he suddenly blinds after chapter 9, which mostly covered until now.

Last edited:
Back