Final Quick Match Races 2-7-18

I've just finished a stint in the Miura after getting beat up constantly in my pack racing cars and wound everyone up to the point that they put a contract out on me. Hate mail, several inventive new swear words and everyone who got the chance, brake checking and trying to sideswipe me into the wall. Forewarned is definitely forearmed and I chuckled watching everyone missing and slamming into the wall and each other in my rear view mirror.

Absolute carnage and I loved every minute of it. I don't think I've made too many friends though.:lol:

I try not to bump into others, but still get hate mail and collision penalty slow downs

Edit: How do the guys in the Calibra twins get any speed out of them? The Opel has a better power/weight ratio, but it drives like a tank no matter how I tune it. Plus the exhaust drone is just terrible lol. I can barely crack a 1:53 with it and it is not a fun lap. The only thing I see them good for is a rolling roadblock:grumpy:. They can late brake, dive in and use the all wheel drive stability to keep them on track, barely. Next turn repeat. It makes for a slow annoying race.

Raise the front and lower the back (ride height)
Reduce downforce front and rear to minimal.
I think it's a fun drive.I can run low to mid 51's with it,and I'm pretty sure a skilled driver can do a mid 50 with it

Ok. I will try that on the Vauxhall after work. The Opel is going in the stockyard lol.

Ok the Vauxhall is better it seems to have more mechanical grip which helps a ton. I was down to 1:52 laps pretty quickly. Much more there too.

I think I am out of ideas with the STRATOS. Those spring rates sure look silly don't they. The car stops straight and turns fairly neutral but it hates any bumps. Still it can reel in anything else on the main straight which I find really cool lol. If this was Monza I think we all would be driving it.

Last edited:
Has anyone here tried the @praiano63 of the RUF CTR Yellow Bird? Hairy chests and lots of confidence in your driving needed...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...bull-x2014-junior.291084/page-36#post-9216862

I gave it a try last night and couldn't believe how quick it was. Light at 1064kg, 514hp and a huge 484ftlb of torque. If you can keep the power delivery smooth in the corners, it can drive round anything but it's a real knife edge drive. Loads of fun.

It's going to be my car for a bit to see if I can get the hang of it. I imagine it'll take a few days, if ever.:lol:

Slight double post (sorry mods) but better to do it in case anyone tries the above tune. Definitely not race stable as the slightest touch unsettles the car too much. I think it must be a tune prior to the slight physics change.

Don't get me wrong, it's damned fast and good for practicing in but in quick match? No. Just no.

Now this one that @shaunm80 has done is perfectly race stable. Took me a while to get the confidence in it after trying the first tune but I was sub 3:30 after 9 or 10 races.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-seasonal-setups.300860/page-78#post-10003095

A corker, shaunm80. Well done.👍

image.jpeg

This happened at the start of a race. This should be the official photo for the Gran Turismo Quick Matches, it sums up the experience pretty well.

View attachment 499812

This happened at the start of a race. This should be the official photo for the Gran Turismo Quick Matches, it sums up the experience pretty well.
LOL!! :lol: re: Official Photo - ain't that tha truth! re; KITT - he would have luv'd these Quick Matches! ;) Ha! Ohh well, for the few I've been in, it seems there's a lot more "clean" racing 👍👍 in the 500 @ GVS and 550 @ HSR than in previous QM's - and that makes for some really fun racing. We hope they give us even more tuner races in the future. The loaner sport car and rally car races are nothing less than full blown slug fests and just not my cup-a-tea,, 👎👎

If you see a racer by the name of "smoothzoots" in the 500pp room, just leave and go find another room. It will save you a lot of heartache.

Side note: there is no rule about naming people by their PSN in the FAQ or Acceptable Use Policy of this forum.

I'm sure it's in there somewhere as I can remember reading a few posts about it not being acceptable to name and shame. It opens up a kettle of fish best not aired in public and leads nowhere.

I've been having some fun with the Cobra Daytona 64 race car in 500pp. It's a little lacking in the straight since HP gets reduced to 288 to make PP. But it corners surprisingly well and is very settled and fun to drive. My best is a 5:49 in it, but it gets wins when S2000 hot shoes are taking a break.

I tried the Toyota 86 race version and was all pumped up with its numbers in the settings menu. Power to weight is really good and it's a rocket on the straights. Then I got to turn 1...what a shame. Is PD trying to say Toyota can't make a car that competes with the Honda? No steering in and no traction out. Extreme settings make it ok, but 3 seconds a lap off the pace.

I did improve my personal best with the Opera to 5:40.3, with a best lap of 1:50.2. But it's no fun when everyone else is using rally cars and FF cars.

After just a couple of races, everybody seems to clear out and it's nothing but Opera S2000's when I race.

By the way, I was in a room with wedjim the other night and was like "1:50's, holy shnikes that's fast!" Then when I got back on here, I realized it was you, and I'm using the tune you provided!

Yea I was messing around myself lol. The xj13 chromeline is decent also. I finally bought one and it can do mid 1:53 with just a quick and dirty tune. The GT40 69 has potential but it does something different every lap to me... On the other hand the Mark IV is a sweetheart to drive but is just too hobbled to keep up lol.

As far as FF cars go I have been suprised with the Xsara Rally. Good speed and handling but you get smoked at the start. Still I think it has low 1:52 laps in it if you can keep the fronts gripping and not burning up.

I've been having some fun with the Cobra Daytona 64 race car in 500pp. It's a little lacking in the straight since HP gets reduced to 288 to make PP. But it corners surprisingly well and is very settled and fun to drive. My best is a 5:49 in it, but it gets wins when S2000 hot shoes are taking a break.

I tried the Toyota 86 race version and was all pumped up with its numbers in the settings menu. Power to weight is really good and it's a rocket on the straights. Then I got to turn 1...what a shame. Is PD trying to say Toyota can't make a car that competes with the Honda? No steering in and no traction out. Extreme settings make it ok, but 3 seconds a lap off the pace.

I did improve my personal best with the Opera to 5:40.3, with a best lap of 1:50.2. But it's no fun when everyone else is using rally cars and FF cars.
My best race time is only 5:43.8, which is usually OK for a win - not on Saturday though when I came up against a guy whose best race time was 5:36.8.......... (Norwegian or Danish, can't remember which, but definitely the fastest I've seen so far!). I also got another 6hp out of your Opera tune, by using engine tune 2, racing exhaust, and cat.

As far as FF cars go I have been suprised with the Xsara Rally. Good speed and handling but you get smoked at the start. Still I think it has low 1:52 laps in it if you can keep the fronts gripping and not burning up.
Whaaaa I have to try that Xsara. It was a GT2 favorite of mine. I tried all night Friday to find some other interesting car to run on GVS 500pp. The Nomad Diablo was a major bust. Lexus IS200 (or whatever) GT1 came up pretty quick but I wasn't competitive.

I was surprised with it. 51/49 balance stock and fairly light. The base handling is already neutral off throttle. My FF driving skills need work too lol. The car is quite the sleeper imo.

I've given up on Grand Valley. I've been sat in there an hour and end up running against myself or I get someone who's a second quicker a lap (and more) and still end up on my own.

I just can't time it right with drivers running my own speed and an hour of hot lapping Grand Valley gets dull quick.

If only they had some sort of proper matchmaking instead of completely random.

I'm into the carnage of HSR now anyway. Last time I looked at my status on my quick match account, I was coming up on 11,000 miles there. I'm not addicted...*sniff*...honest.

I just can't time it right with drivers running my own speed and an hour of hot lapping Grand Valley gets dull quick.
But that money is so good. Too bad it doesn't even remotely matter at this point. I hope it's like this right off the bat in GT Sport/GT 7. It's the only good way to grind.

If only they had some sort of proper matchmaking instead of completely random.
Speaking of GT Sport, I'm really counting on it capitalizing on all the good things about QM and addressing everything bad. I'll say that my expectations are resting entirely on a proper evolution of quick match being central to the "online" experience. Regardless of what they do, there is gonna have to be a very good ranking system set up. If I bought a new wheel and console for a better-graphics-version of GT6-style quick match, seasonals and open lobby abyss... :mad:

That Xsara is awesome for GVS! So sloppy and out of control feeling, good for mid 1:53's easy. I could maybe make it faster (or drive less like I'm doing stage rally, achieving the same end) but it'd probably be less fun hah.

I make a 4.07 race on tsukuba, Pretty fast:tup:

The track is sometimes different, I am using the tesla.

Out of curiosity I tried out the GSXR/4 tuned to 500pp a few different ways to see how the "normal" car would fare lap time wise on Grand Valley. Yea, ballasted up and tuned on RH I don't think anything can touch it on this track at 500pp. A 1:50.5 on the first let's get to know you lap. I am not amused actually, I just turned off GT for the night while this sinks in.:confused: I tried the Rocket also. It would be competitive with the pack but not dominant like this little concept.

Out of curiosity I tried out the GSXR/4 tuned to 500pp a few different ways to see how the "normal" car would fare lap time wise on Grand Valley. Yea, ballasted up and tuned on RH I don't think anything can touch it on this track at 500pp. A 1:50.5 on the first let's get to know you lap. I am not amused actually, I just turned off GT for the night while this sinks in.:confused: I tried the Rocket also. It would be competitive with the pack but not dominant like this little concept.

This is exactly why PD made it a race car only event. No GSXR-4's.

Of course the Opera S2000 is the closest thing...so the saga rages on.

I guess you are right lol. I just wonder why do they always make the concept cars so strong. Even GT1 had the copperhead lol... Why not nerf it just enough.... nevermind lol.

EDIT: Ok, I am over it. On topic, I am never able to get in the 550 challenge unless it is showing 3 or less lit up. I keep the cache clear and lots of hard drive space

Last edited:
That's the annoying thing about the 500pp race, I know I can get in there with no more than 2 attempts. Usually first time. The 550pp can keep me waiting 3, 4 or even 5 attempts. A pain in the arse when you get bored of your current car/racers but I suppose it's par for the course with such a popular race.

What's really annoying about the 550pp is that it seems like there's only half a dozen cars in there driven by the same people night after night. I think I've got around 30 cars (probably more) tuned for 550pp and won in all but 2 or 3 of them.

If people remembered/knew boost was on, they'd realise they can win in all sorts of cars. Just not as easily.

Are these quickmatches set for exactly 30 days, and change at 3:00 am GMT on the 30th day, the same way the new sets of Seasonal TT's do, or is it random, like they have the same lineup of QM events for maybe 2 and a half weeks one time, and then 4 months the next time, then 1 week, then 1.5 months, then this, then that, etc etc?

I never tried quickmatches until last night (I was feeling extremely impatient waiting for the new TT's to come out, so I decided to play a Quickmatch, just to see what it is like), so, I have no experience with how often they change the lineup, and if they change it all at once, or just remove the oldest event and add 1 new one or how it works, and if it's on a regular schedule, or just purely random times as far as when it gets updated or what.

Anyone know?

From what I remember, they're quite random in their duration. The last 450pp tune at Midfield was only on for a couple of weeks but there have been others (like Trial Mountain) that stayed there at least a month.

The courtesy car events are usually the longest lived races, with the last batch of Le Mans and GT500s being up for a good 6 weeks or so. They can change one or all the events without warning so it's best to make the most of them while you have them.

I'm going from memory here though. I can't find a proper list and/or timescale anywhere.

Trial Mountain 500PP QM... that event has cost me a few hundred hours of my life since I think.. October 2014 was it? I don't think I would have played more than an hour of GT here or there since then had I not stumbled upon it.

It's still my most used track based on that quick match. Around 13,000 miles on it and I still love it as much as the first time I saw it. Good on and off camber corners, bumps, jumps and a straight long enough to get your teeth into. A great track.

A shame about the shortcut though. It's bad enough that I hope they don't ever bring it back for quick match. Keep the tracks unexploitable PD.

LOL, I used the X-bow street at the Highspeed ring, Not won but the ferrari's and Corvett stuff get pretty nervous wen I'm come back after every corner:lol:

Back