Final Quick Match Races 2-7-18

It's still my most used track based on that quick match. Around 13,000 miles on it and I still love it as much as the first time I saw it. Good on and off camber corners, bumps, jumps and a straight long enough to get your teeth into. A great track.

A shame about the shortcut though. It's bad enough that I hope they don't ever bring it back for quick match. Keep the tracks unexploitable PD.
Yea, that shortcut. They should have put some immovable hay bails across that infield and called it a day. Throw it into an update. Or at least force a harsher penalty. A shame for sure.

You're right about it needing one but it's sad as well. I'm still not sure what the drivers who shortcut think they're achieving when they ad lib to the track for an advantage. Sure, they get past you, take a position or two and a few extra credits (who needs them?) but it's such a shallow victory. Their time doesn't count and they even cross the line under a heavy penalty.

It was funny racing against them and running down the left hand side of the track to block the shortcut though. It always wrecked my time but it was hilarious feeling them panicking and trying to ram me out of the way so they could do it.

I've never run a race room before but it'd be fun to relive that race. Maybe run 550-580pp on it to get rid of the GSXR and Miura and/or ban the LM's. Perhaps even touring cars?

I'll look into it if there's enough interest.

(Obviously, the first time you shortcut will be the last time you run.)

The thing with Trial Mountain is that the shortcut has been there since the beginning of GT. They tightened it up a little bit, but not enough lol.

At least the walls are not as slippery now as on GT1. Otherwise you would see 1m 30 laps at Grand Valley and sub 1m at HSR penalty free due to wall rides.

Last edited:
It would be funny if they put invisible barriers like Death Valley on that bit and ran it again. I'd spend the first couple of days parked up near it and chuckle as I watch them try and do it. There'd be a pile up on that bend every single race.:D

I had a good. One at grand valley last night the car in front was blocking me coming out the tunnel I thought he was going left so I went
Right and he slammed his brakes thinking I was still behind him, I didn't know he was going to that it was just luck I turned right as he braked
But it did make me laugh all the way to the line,I'll try and post video if the kids can show me how (don't laugh) to.

If some of you haven't tried the Ferrari 330, it's working out pretty well. Seems like the second fastest car after some minor suspension and trans tweaking. I got down to a 5:43.xx with it and 1:52.xx laps. It's a little more aggressive under power on corner exit, than the Opera, a little bit slower on the straight, but a ton of fun and manageable power delivery.

I've been having some success with the Delta S4. Very good launch, great handling and I've been keeping up with the Calibra's and the 155's, and I'm a terrible driver, it definitely has potential in the hands of someone better than me.

Also, is it a requirement when you buy the Opera S2000 that you have some kind of d-bag test? All of the S2000's I've met during these QM's are really dirty drivers...

I've been having some success with the Delta S4. Very good launch, great handling and I've been keeping up with the Calibra's and the 155's, and I'm a terrible driver, it definitely has potential in the hands of someone better than me.

Also, is it a requirement when you buy the Opera S2000 that you have some kind of d-bag test? All of the S2000's I've met during these QM's are really dirty drivers...

Really? I've had some awesome races with S2000 drivers, both with mine and with other cars. In fact an hour ago there were 5 of us and we all finished within a few seconds of each other...I got second to Raider by .6 seconds. But awesome racing and clean.
Keeping in mind a little bump or tap is part of racing, it's corner diving and total blasting that I see as dirty.

Keeping in mind a little bump or tap is part of racing, it's corner diving and total blasting that I see as dirty.

I know that, and I don't mind the occassional tap or bump, but screaming through corners with little to no regard for other drivers is something else. Maybe I'm just having bad luck...

Yea I noticed the 330p4 drivers got real fast suddenly lol. I don't think most drivers in the Opera mean to be dirty. It is just a fast car at 500pp so closing and cornering speed is faster. When I drive mine it is the same. I need to break it out more but I like driving an underdog lol.

Lots of skill levels out there (huge understatement) and the lower skilled will always copy the drivers in the quickest cars that win the races, even though they don't know how to get the best out of them. Mistake after mistake make them desperate enough to resort to any tactic.

Drive close enough to them (but not too close...) to put them under pressure and you'll breeze past them when they sacrifice their line trying to mess yours up. Counterintuitive but patience is a virtue in racing.

The only contact that should be allowed in racing is inadvertent contact from drivers trying to avoid each other.

I'm sure that's what you mean by "a little bump and tap"?

I'm asking that because I hate those little bump passes. You're bang on line through the corner, on the limit, and you get a little push wide and lose the place.

(I've got no problem trading paint if it's fair wheel to wheel action.)

Last edited:
The skill level gap is amusing sometimes. The guys who choose to ram and block generally never get better at driving. I will not stay in a room with more than a few knuckle heads long. Which means the 550 challenge does not get much attention from me. The 500 gets it's fair share but most times it is easy to just run away from them lol.

I think one of the biggest problems is the penalty system. The people who can't drive know all they have to do is protect the inside of whatever corner they are on. The outside car ALWAYS gets the penalty, even if the car on the inside drifts up (on purpose or accidentally) and hits the outside car. I've had multiple situations where this has happened to me. But the guys that purposefully turn you with no penalties is the most frustrating part. They might as well be driving a black Monte Carlo with a 3 on the door.

Finally got a couple 5:39.xx's! Opera car is dialed in and seemed to respond to a little more torque in the 209-213 range with corresponding taller final gear.

That said, when other drivers art disappearing it's not any fun and time to switch cars. S2000 race car is a good alternative without being at a clear advantage. I'll use that tomorrow night instead.

It was funny when I was doing the Red Bull Ring race it was me in my Accent Rally Car against a Lancer. No one else, just us two :)

The Red Bull ring is fun, Mostly finishing 1st or 2nd, I usually stay on the circuit how it is intended Take not the large turns...

The only problem with these events is that, as you gain experience and get quicker, so does everyone else! When I started on the 500pp event, and was running 5.50 races, I couldn't work out how others were running at 5.45.

When I got to the point where I could run a 5.45, the better drivers were running 5.42s - now that I can scrape a 5.42, the aliens are running 5.36s.......

Came up against my first sub-5.36 driver last night too, ran the race in the Opera in 5.35.9!

Must admit though that I really enjoy driving the Opera - it's one of the best handling cars I've ever come across in GT6, very forgiving too. Great fun when you come up against others that are at the same skill level, although overtaking then becomes very difficult (for those of us that like to keep it clean!).

I've done :36s in the TS030, not cutting the corner over the concrete. That second left. I see waaaay too many doing that. But it will for sure shave some time. Even cutting across that earlier left before the real tight right will shave a bit. Heck, even going wide on exit at the right before the last right can gain time. I see all the above all the time.

I'm a four tires inside the white lines kinda guy.

Had my first go at the 500pp @ GV race. There were 9-12 people in the room and the first 5 or 6 races
i always started from P9 or P10. :mad:
Then a player had heavy lag in free run, so lots of people left the room, but in race there was no lagging. :P

So i got a start from P3...
2016-01-20 18.02.16.jpg

:D

Saw another 5.35.xx runner at GV last night - this event is definitely getting faster. One thing I have noticed, and have seen on other QMs, times are faster when there are less people in the event - has anybody else noticed this?

And no, it's not just because you get hit less often......

Been trying out the Elise 111R at GV, and it's not bad - not as fast as a well driven Opera, but as quick as all of the other cars that people use. Being light, however, it does seem to come out worst in any bumping matches - I've been spun at the first corner in about 50% of the races I've entered! That's one place where the Opera does seem to have a distinct advantage.

As per usual, there's often someone else driving a 111R 2 seconds a lap quicker than me!

Came across my first TS030 last night, he wasn't ever so fast, but did suffer terribly from lag which meant that it was impossible to work out where he actually was on (but more often off!) the track. Caused complete chaos, with cars spinning off all over the place!

Came across my first TS030 last night, he wasn't ever so fast, but did suffer terribly from lag which meant that it was impossible to work out where he actually was on (but more often off!) the track. Caused complete chaos, with cars spinning off all over the place!

I think that was me. I entered and saw a lot of people, then only a few at the start. I finished first, then I was second and then I got kicked off the network. But I don't recall seeing your name.

I think that was me. I entered and saw a lot of people, then only a few at the start. I finished first, then I was second and then I got kicked off the network. But I don't recall seeing your name.
No, it was a Spanish driver - think this event is regional anyway, I only ever see European flags. Bit of a shame, as I do have some American friends that I come up against in other QMs, and I don't get to see them in this one!

Back