Final Quick Match Races 2-7-18

Been trying out the Elise 111R at GV, and it's not bad - not as fast as a well driven Opera, but as quick as all of the other cars that people use. Being light, however, it does seem to come out worst in any bumping matches - I've been spun at the first corner in about 50% of the races I've entered! That's one place where the Opera does seem to have a distinct advantage.

As per usual, there's often someone else driving a 111R 2 seconds a lap quicker than me!

Came across my first TS030 last night, he wasn't ever so fast, but did suffer terribly from lag which meant that it was impossible to work out where he actually was on (but more often off!) the track. Caused complete chaos, with cars spinning off all over the place!
Its quick enough to beat me lol & thanks for the good race & the win

I had a fun couples races at HSR last night. I was driving a surprisingly competitive old WRX wagon. Some guy in an Enzo rammed me off the track on the straight as he breezed past me, totally unprovoked.

Next race, first lap, I forced him into the pit entry barrier knife-edge. Bye bye :sly:

Got a start from pole position today and managed a new personal best. :D

First lap was a 1:55,5xx. :eek:

2016-01-25 17.54.48.jpg

Got a start from pole position today and managed a new personal best. :D

First lap was a 1:55,5xx. :eek:
Wow, nice. Do you have any interesting setup characteristics that you'd care to share? :)

Part of me wants to tinker with the car to be able to get under 1:51 consistently, but a bigger part of me knows I just need to figure out some quicker lines. Then most of me doesn't want to use that car at all and I show up with losermobiles all the time. A fight to finish 3rd or 4th is more fun than TT'ing. I end up doing well anyhow because I never seem to meet too many competent S2000 drivers when I play - only a few hours a week.

Ed_Night is one of the few seriously fast fellas that posts. Just when I go about thinking I'm kind of fast he goes and shows a time that is just, very impressive. He's routinely way up there on the leaderboards for the time trials.

You're the man, Ed. 👍

Buttt..... buttt...... We have new TT'S Thursday? Come on! 👍:gtpflag:

And Yes Edje is Fast 👍 In a 1 on 1 race hew blows me away, very nice.

Last edited:
That was very close to what i would call a "perfect race". :cool:

2016-01-26 18.38.19.jpg

1:55,3xx / 1:49,2xx / 1:49,0xx

After the race the other 3 players left the room. :confused: :lol:

A 5:32 race seems possible ......

..... at least for @TRL_Andromeda :P

Setup Opera S2000 '04

120 90
9,09 9,89
2 2
2 2
7 7
0 0
0,13 -0,05

racing brake: 6 / 3

LSD: 7 / 13 / 25

power: engine stage 3 and racing exhaust @ 92,8% limiter ( no oil change )

weight: window-wr = 920kg

downforce: 0 / 150

gearbox ( standard wheels ):

FG: 2,500
topspeed: 270km/h
gears ( 1st - 6th ) : 6,491 / 4,350 / 3,380 / 2,680 / 2,160 / 1,780

View attachment 507387

Setup Opera S2000 '04

120 90
9,09 9,89
2 2
2 2
7 7
0 0
0,13 -0,05

Great time!

The other 3 will probably never play GT6 again.........

View attachment 507387

Setup Opera S2000 '04

120 90
9,09 9,89
2 2
2 2
7 7
0 0
0,13 -0,05

I think I raced against you last night. Nice driving and tuning!

One race you sat immobile at the start and everyone passed you?? Later in the race you came on strong and passed most of us, me included.

I was boggled about the TS030!?!?!

How can someone get it in the race??? I tried mine and couldn't get it below about 507 PP. I thought maybe I had changed the oil on it, so, I bought a new one and turned the power down to 50%, added 200 KG of weight and got 507PP????? Ok, what gives? This seems like cheating and the guy was winning but then would inexplicably stop just before the finish line and wait for the rest of us??

The whole thing is a mystery to me about why cheating would seem to be a good thing. I just like racing against people instead of A.I.

I guess the whole thing is just a symptom of a dying race game..

Thanks for the tune, I will try it today
Cheers, Pete

I think I raced against you last night. Nice driving and tuning!

One race you sat immobile at the start and everyone passed you?? Later in the race you came on strong and passed most of us, me included.

I was boggled about the TS030!?!?!

How can someone get it in the race??? I tried mine and couldn't get it below about 507 PP.

A lot of KM on it then the pp goes down, Som players have that.

View attachment 507387

Setup Opera S2000 '04

120 90
9,09 9,89
2 2
2 2
7 7
0 0
0,13 -0,05

I couldn't cope with the handling using your tune, but applied your gear settings to my existing tune, and found an extra 1 second per lap. I also use engine stage 2, plus racing exhaust and cat, gives another 2hp over your tune, plus more torque!

I notice though that you use full downforce, whereas I have been finding the car faster without any - must try it your way though, as I certainly can't argue with the time you set!

I couldn't cope with the handling using your tune, but applied your gear settings to my existing tune, and found an extra 1 second per lap. I also use engine stage 2, plus racing exhaust and cat, gives another 2hp over your tune, plus more torque!

I notice though that you use full downforce, whereas I have been finding the car faster without any - must try it your way though, as I certainly can't argue with the time you set!

Yeah Ed, that transmission setup is GOLDEN. I tried setting it up my way, (a La Praiano) and the car was a dog. Put your tranny numbers in and got the holeshot almost every race. Thank you for the lovely tune. I really liked the handling. Kind of gliding around the corners in a lovely controlled slide......like skiing.
Cheeers, Pete

I thought that GV was a regional event, but in the last few days I've had Australian drivers in the room, plus one Paraguayan? Is it possible to display a flag that differs from your geographical location, that might be an answer?

I thought that GV was a regional event, but in the last few days I've had Australian drivers in the room, plus one Paraguayan? Is it possible to display a flag that differs from your geographical location, that might be an answer?
I always get a good mix, don't think it's regional at all, probably no way to know for sure though. I think it may have a lot to do with the time of day where you are and what part of the world it's between 6 and 11 PM.

I always get a good mix, don't think it's regional at all, probably no way to know for sure though. I think it may have a lot to do with the time of day where you are and what part of the world it's between 6 and 11 PM.
The other 3 QMS are all flagged as 'International' (which may be why they're so hard to get into), and the login screen for me for GV shows the region as Europe - time if day doesn't seem to change that.

Bugger. They've taken HSR, GV and RBR off (Tsukuba is still there) and added a couple of touring car events at Daytona and Mount Panorama. Both short cuttable if I remember right...:rolleyes:

They've added one tuner event at SS Route 7 though. 600pp, sport soft tires and weak boost for non race cars. It seems to be a European region event so does that mean that other regions get a different event?

Just gave it a try and it's bad. Really bad. 16 cars on 2 lanes surrounded by barriers. Add one or two drivers in very fast cars (boost is on) who would rather overtake by ramming you into barriers which collects everyone else following. Oh, and the grid spacing is less than one car length. Oh boy...

Last edited:
I go take a look.

Edit: Yep youre right. might be better to replace it every two weeks. Give it a try tomorrow.

Last edited:
There had only been around 50 races done in total when I tried it so very fresh but I saw way too many people who habitually drove dirty on HSR doing exactly the same thing there. The track is as dull as ditch water and I got bored very quickly.

It looks like Mount Panorama is my new quick match home though. The shortcut (the left/right after the straight) doesn't really work when they try it, even if they're in front when they do it.👍

Struggling on pace though. My lowest is 8:34 for the 4 laps but I've seen quite a few people running 8:21-25s. The car's BoP seems to be spot on (no car seems to be dominant) so it looks like I need to tidy my lines up a bit.

A very enjoyable quick match but I need to learn to stop holding my breath through The Esses and The Dipper. Scary trying to maintain momentum through there.:nervous:

There had only been around 50 races done in total when I tried it so very fresh but I saw way too many people who habitually drove dirty on HSR doing exactly the same thing there. The track is as dull as ditch water and I got bored very quickly.

It looks like Mount Panorama is my new quick match home though. The shortcut (the left/right after the straight) doesn't really work when they try it, even if they're in front when they do it.👍

Struggling on pace though. My lowest is 8:34 for the 4 laps but I've seen quite a few people running 8:21-25s. The car's BoP seems to be spot on (no car seems to be dominant) so it looks like I need to tidy my lines up a bit.

A very enjoyable quick match but I need to learn to stop holding my breath through The Esses and The Dipper. Scary trying to maintain momentum through there.:nervous:

Keep training and trying:tup: Mostly on QM events in a week I am in the top :cheers:

Huh, I was just thinking about the success/popularity of the HSR quick match, and how it likely taught PD that they should always have an event like that. That's the kind of thing the regular Joe's like. Real fast, crashy, arcadey. Not even sure I'll try this one, SSR7 :crazy:

Panorama again, and Daytona, hmm. Are they both loaner car events?

Back