Final Quick Match Races 2-7-18

This was fair.

IMG_20170805_211818594_HDR.jpg

The trolls have their own agenda and easily (usually) dealt with but taking advantage of short cuts and knowingly using SRF can only be classed as cheating.

It's certainly not playing fair but I'm not sure it can be called cheating. In any sport competitors will exploit any loopholes they can to win. The trouble is there are too many loopholes, and that's PD's fault. The ones that go out to deliberately spoil other peoples races are not cheats. They are mentally ill.

Hi and welcome here .... my first post was about the same thing SRT .
I dont mind if someone is a bug user its not a cheat it s a bug that GT didnt take the time to fix ... but what i cant accept its that they dont drive clean .... and try their best to overtake at the first attempt even if he bump u push u and if u have to fight to keep ur position and because SRT give them more stability and more grip ... u ll lose control and spin before him
It s just not fair

I'm with you, every serious, clean and fair racer will understand.

You know this v for sure ;) :

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

You won't change it.
As long as there's no official racing rules declared, no penalty system working correctly etc. ...
no one will.

Like everyone of us here you will have to find a way to deal with it.
I'm still searching ...

Last edited:
Hey guys n gals, right back from our local MEDIA MARKT - got me a PS4 Pro and a
Samsung 49" 4k UHD HDR 10bit TV :cheers: ...
Noticed that my fridge is empty :lol: ... no worries - Tsukuba TT here I come.

It's certainly not playing fair but I'm not sure it can be called cheating. In any sport competitors will exploit any loopholes they can to win. The trouble is there are too many loopholes, and that's PD's fault. The ones that go out to deliberately spoil other peoples races are not cheats. They are mentally ill.

I'm specifically talking about SRF and short cuts here. If the QM has SRF turned off by default, they're taking advantage of a coding bug, not an ambiguous rule for the QM. I accept a lot of people are totally unaware why it's turned on for them and I'm not accusing them of cheating. I'm pointing the finger at the people I've told about the bug and how they can fix it but who continue to use it because they have a lot more success with it.

As for shortcuts, they're instantly punishable in the race with time penalties but if the time penalty takes less time than taking the corner, it's deliberate cheating for an overtake or a quicker lap time.

I can't see a grey area there but I've never been very tolerant of people glitching/exploiting/cheating in online games. To me, anything outside of set rules is cheating and the above are both outside.

who continue to use it because they have a lot more success with it.

There you have it. That's all that matters to some people. Anyway there's nowt we can do about it.
I had a nightmare trying to get a race tonight. It must have been half an hour either getting disconnected or ending up in the same room with an endlessly resetting clock. Eventually got to try out the Elise Type 72, which is great in the corners but gets killed on the straights. Maybe needs more power and more weight. I've not done any fine tuning. I've given up on the RX500 for now. It's definitely the second best car but then the only competition is gixxers and srf users.

Having the opposite experience. No problem getting into the Motegi race but I've barely had a single race with anyone. Either too slow to catch leaders or too fast and time trialing. Gappiest (new word) QM ever.

Patiently waiting for the next batch. No heart for this lot.

Patiently waiting for the next batch. No heart for this lot.

Pity you dislike Tsukuba so much. A lot of people share your view and it does get over-used, but I must admit I quite like it. Motegi is a great track but the car...:crazy: If they'd made it 500PP Japanese cars from the 1980s I'd be happy.

Pity you dislike Tsukuba so much. A lot of people share your view and it does get over-used, but I must admit I quite like it. Motegi is a great track but the car...:crazy: If they'd made it 500PP Japanese cars from the 1980s I'd be happy.

I couldn't believe it when I saw another Tsukuba TT. Gold on first lap, yawned on 2nd and quit on the 3rd. Familiarity has definitely bred contempt for that track.

If I'm honest, I've only done a handful of races in the last 2 weeks. Probably my longest break since the QM's started. Replaying a few old Command & Conquer games for a change of pace.

Still touring Tsukuba in the Dino, got bored in the TT, last 2 days hsh turned up in one, was fun to see someone drive it properly

He tormented quite a few gixxer runners, a couple of them beat him but they had to bring their A-game to do it. That was probably the most fun part

Still touring Tsukuba in the Dino, got bored in the TT, last 2 days hsh turned up in one, was fun to see someone drive it properly

He tormented quite a few gixxer runners, a couple of them beat him but they had to bring their A-game to do it. That was probably the most fun part

Ah, I see the No. 23 behind your car.
I think I'll be back soon to meet up with the both of you. Stop boredom :cheers: !

Ah, I see the No. 23 behind your car.
I think I'll be back soon to meet up with the both of you. Stop boredom :cheers: !

I was going to not mention his name and see if anyone spotted it :D . Only reason I found myself in front of him was because I started second and he started twelfth, he fought through the crowd and finished two tenths behind me, so he may give you a race, I will just try to keep up within viewing distance, should be good :bowdown:

@Mwerte If you'd stuck around in your gixxer you'd almost certainly have spoiled this for me. benjy was very gracious and messaged me after the race, then whooped my ass in the next one. There's no need to be ashamed about your venture to the dark side. Repent now and all will be forgiven. I had a go myself a couple of days ago. The worrying thing was I found myself becoming one of them. Thinking "Why are you going so slowly? - Get out of my way!". But when you win, you don't feel like you deserved it.

jjjj.jpg

I had a go in the Elise too. Not quite as fast as the RX500 but a bit better than my Opel Speedster.

I actually had a few races at Tsukuba last night. Squinting my eyes to cut out any scenery to make it more bearable.

I only had an '11 Elise that I could drop to 400pp and it managed 5.30. Some of the quicker cars were passing me like I was tied to a stump though. Tried rocking in my chair to try and go faster but it didn't work.

Some of the quicker cars were passing me like I was tied to a stump though. Tried rocking in my chair to try and go faster but it didn't work.

I had that problem when I tried the Type 72. The 111R is better. The Speedster is better than the low PP Elises.

@Mwerte If you'd stuck around in your gixxer you'd almost certainly have spoiled this for me. benjy was very gracious and messaged me after the race, then whooped my ass in the next one. There's no need to be ashamed about your venture to the dark side. Repent now and all will be forgiven. I had a go myself a couple of days ago. The worrying thing was I found myself becoming one of them. Thinking "Why are you going so slowly? - Get out of my way!". But when you win, you don't feel like you deserved it.

View attachment 667964

I had a go in the Elise too. Not quite as fast as the RX500 but a bit better than my Opel Speedster.
Lol i repend my friend ..... some dirty people really piss me off :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: and i have to admit they did bring the gixxer in me . The one i try to keep deep down..... but i just give some of them their change and i did check something that 1.02 is the cleanist u can manage
All the 1.01 are indeed with SRT

View attachment 667964

I've run 5:24.xxx in the RX500, 5:25.xxx in the Elise 111R, and 5:29.xxx in the VX220 (Vauxhall version of the Speedster). Find that people don't like being beaten by the VX220 for some reason....

Still haven't resorted to the gixxer though.

Find that people don't like being beaten by the VX220 for some reason....

Ha! I'm sure they don't. It's a good feeling when it happens though. Here's one from earlier that I particularly enjoyed.

tttttt.jpg

In fairness to @Mwerte I should explain he started way back and it's no easy task fighting your way through that pack of feral gixxers. In a head to head he left me in the dust.

I've run 5:24.xxx in the RX500, 5:25.xxx in the Elise 111R, and 5:29.xxx in the VX220
That sounds about right, but I found the difference between the Elise and the RX500 to be a bit more than that. A good half second per lap. I don't spend much time on tuning though so maybe my Elise is not as good as it could be.

Still haven't resorted to the gixxer though
Your righteousness will be rewarded in heaven. Seriously though, you should give it a go, just once. It's quite an eye-opener.

Ha! I'm sure they don't. It's a good feeling when it happens though. Here's one from earlier that I particularly enjoyed.

View attachment 668056

In fairness to @Mwerte I should explain he started way back and it's no easy task fighting your way through that pack of feral gixxers. In a head to head he left me in the dust.

That sounds about right, but I found the difference between the Elise and the RX500 to be a bit more than that. A good half second per lap. I don't spend much time on tuning though so maybe my Elise is not as good as it could be.

Your righteousness will be rewarded in heaven. Seriously though, you should give it a go, just once. It's quite an eye-opener.

Thought I had my 111R pretty well tuned, but I've been up against @Mwerte this afternoon, and he left me in the dust too.....

Back