First in game look at "standard" cars in Granturismo 6

Exactly, I thought GT5 load times were bad, GTA V Online's are just as bad at times.

It's not just the loading times by themselves, it's how often you see them. GTA takes a really long time but once you're in, it's pretty much seamless for the rest of the experience, same goes for other popular games.

In GT on the other hand you have to deal with them quite often unless you're in an endurance event. Just wanting to try a few different cars on practice mode is loading screen after loading screen to the point it gets really annoying even if the times aren't so severe by themselves.

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-hands-on/There are pictures depicting standard cars , very bad pictures but they do seem to be as they were in 5, Taken by Jordan I assume.
Edit: The Red Viper , next to and including the LMP and the Falcon that's next to the Nissan Z are standards In 5.

So from this image, what makes you say they are the same as they were in GT5? You can't draw any conclusions from this image at all.

Nobody noticed yet, so I'll say it.

There's a Chrome Line among "regular" cars...

n1fds4.jpg

So from this image, what makes you say they are the same as they were in GT5? You can't draw any conclusions from this image at all.

Yeah even premium cars are horrible with a quality like that, there's like nothing to discuss here, yet.

:rolleyes:

I didn't play in Career mode, and only had access to the cars available in the "Rental Cars" menu (yes, that's actually what it was called). All of the available cars were 'Premium' with full interiors, but of course, who can really say? There is no longer an official distinction between Premiums and Standards. All of the cars I saw looked great, so there's nothing else relevant that I can comment on.

I also don't think you guys understand what these media events are like. I got to play the game for approximately 45 total minutes or so, split between presentations, frantically keeping the news blog updated on a cell phone wifi hotspot in the middle of the Mojave desert, getting as much info as I can in impromptu interviews with SCEA folks, and doing the actual track driving. It's not like sitting in your home exploring the game all day. I did get some gameplay footage (from which those screenshots you saw in the post were taken) which I will post later.

I didn't play in Career mode, and only had access to the cars available in the "Rental Cars" menu (yes, that's actually what it was called). All of the available cars were 'Premium' with full interiors, but of course, who can really say? There is no longer an official distinction between Premiums and Standards. All of the cars I saw looked great, so there's nothing else relevant that I can comment on.

I also don't think you guys understand what these media events are like. I got to play the game for approximately 45 total minutes or so, split between presentations, frantically keeping the news blog updated on a cell phone wifi hotspot in the middle of the Mojave desert, getting as much info as I can in impromptu interviews with SCEA folks, and doing the actual track driving. It's not like sitting in your home exploring the game all day. I did get some gameplay footage (from which those screenshots you saw in the post were taken) which I will post later.
Not sure where people got the idea you were sitting for hours on end eating Doritos and Slurping Mountain Dew exploring every single intricacy of a game that hasn't even gone gold yet.

He said all cars were available to drive, so surely he tested a standard or at least looked at one to see the difference.
See what happens when you assume?:cool::

I didn't play in Career mode, and only had access to the cars available in the "Rental Cars" menu (yes, that's actually what it was called). All of the available cars were 'Premium' with full interiors,

Well done @Jordan and thank you:cheers:

Gt's loading times are overblown.. every other game iv played has longer or equal loading times ..

Nothing can really be said until we've seen and its not far off. I can wait........can you

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of you guys need to be more cautious on your expectations. I see a lot of people pretty much suggesting that it's going to be hard to tell a "Premium" from a "Standard."

Word of advice: Don't expect too much. Expect some minor polishing (whatever PD refers when saying this) in SOME "standards." But that's it. I can almost guarantee that most of them will still look exactly the same, except for the ones that were turned to Premium.

As much as I wish for it to be true, I just don't see PD updating every single "standard," either to almost-premium quality or even just a minor polishing in the amount of time that it has taken them to make the game.

Thanks for sharing the information, Jordan. Many of us appreciate the minute details you bring up in your write ups. Many will criticize you for not seeing what the "standards" look like or other petty concerns compared to the grand scale of the event you are at. Its nice to bring us the on goings of these events for those not as fortunate. I surely appreciate the time you take out your 'day of fun' to keep those of us following your site updated. Many journalists will recite from memory of the events in the following days, but you doing things as they happen I think makes this site unique. Sure the forums have some back and forth, but overall we are thankful you take the time of day to keep us informed! Keep up the great work and do what you do! GT6 is right around the corner and we will (mostly) all have great fun with it. But keep whetting our appetites, because people like you are what keeps a lot of fans of this series interested and up to date. Goes back to that "internet age" I was talking of before!

There is another thing that comes to my mind:

Being one of the most criticized features of GT5, one would think that if PD finally did something important regarding standards, they would advertise it thought trailers or explain in a very specific way how much improvement has been done. So far, they have been very vague as always.

All we know is that standards will have no restrictions when it comes to Photo Travel, and aftermarket parts. This statement doesn't mean much really. This does not confirm at what extent it is possible to customize a standard, or how will photo shoot will work for them. As much as we know, not all standards might be customizable, or they might just have a very limited number of aero parts. And in the case of Photo Travel, we might get the "You're too close" message.

So unless PD releases a trailer with standards, or until we get the game, we won't really know.

Last edited:

This is almost exactly what I was going to say but had not yet been bothered quite enough to actually post. Now I don't have to :)

Good work as always Jordan. I presumed there would be more on the way.

It's all a matter of laying those eagle eyes of yours on what the PR folk don't want you to see it seems. Anyway you got me motivated again, seems like they did an effort at least to improve those flaws, I wouldn't have expected that to be honest.

I have a bad feeling that many gamers will be upset upon realizing that, although all vehicles will finally be placed into their respective dealerships, they're simply not built the same. They're just not the same. Those cock-pit views will bring back terrible memories.

I have a bad feeling that many gamers will be upset upon realizing that, although all vehicles will finally be placed into their respective dealerships, they're simply not built the same. They're just not the same. Those cock-pit views will bring back terrible memories.
Most people I know couldn't tell the difference aside from, damn I hate that they don't have cockpits!

Does anybody think that standards can make the leap to PS4?

My guess is they'll drop them all, but continue to re-model the best/most important models.

I'm dying to see the standards up close.

I'm also hoping they updated them all, because they all looked bad IMO. I'm OK with having standards, I understand they can't model every interior, but they should have some extra polygons and better textures than in GT4.

Back