First in game look at "standard" cars in Granturismo 6

the RPM is how many times the crankshaft makes a full rotation in 1 minute.
JesusFacepalmSmall.jpg

He was replying to the other guy sarcastically.

Does anybody think that standards can make the leap to PS4?

My guess is they'll drop them all, but continue to re-model the best/most important models.

If they can be reworked and improved further then possibly. It's not as if the ps4 has a huge amount of noticeable extra resolution from a GRAN TURISMO perspective PS3 GT6. - 1440 x 1080 vs PS4 GT7 - 1920 x 1080 (likely). I'd see what they look like in Gt6 before drawing any conclusions.

I'm sure they'll still use the "P" and "S" to denote standard and premium cars, like they did in GT5.

I'm pretty sure they already said the whole Premium and Standard thing was dropped. Maybe it's just the categorization that was dropped, and we might still be able to see major visual differences, but it shouldn't stop us from using every car in every feature of the game.

I think Jordan would have definitely investigated some cars known to be former standard cars in GT5 when he played at Willow Springs, and the fact that he hasn't written up anything about them kind of confirms that there isn't anything too special about them to rave about. Surely if they looked so much better it would have made it in to his impressions article.
Or that he's a GTP/PD double agent. :D

Well, I thank Jordan for what he's done so far and explaining why he couldn't get a good look at the standards. I knew there had a be a good reason for it all along.

Anyway, I bet PD did improve the standard models in some format. My best guess is that they remodeled the exterior of some of the standard cars to some extent and polished the rest by getting rid of whatever annoying things they had such as jagged lines & what not.

If they can be reworked and improved further then possibly. It's not as if the ps4 has a huge amount of noticeable extra resolution from a GRAN TURISMO perspective PS3 GT6. - 1440 x 1080 vs PS4 GT7 - 1920 x 1080 (likely). I'd see what they look like in Gt6 before drawing any conclusions.

its not just simply a matter of rendered pixels (though the difference is still over 500,000 pixels per frame to get to native 1080p)....but every other asset gets upgraded as well...

the low res, low poly count models of the standards become more and more glaring as EVERYTHING around them becomes higher quality...if it was just a matter of taking GT6, running it at 1920x1080/60fps on the PS4 then i would say, yes...standards can say...but they will look like complete eye sores in a next gen game....

and frankly if they are included in GT7 on the PS4 it will be the first Gran Turismo game i do not buy...

Thats yet to be confirmed. And if it is premium, its not listed as "new to the series" like other updated premium cars. So there may be surprises of premium cars we do not know of, or thats a fancy standard car.
Did you ever consider that the car maybe not be listed as new to the series, because it isn't new to the series?

I'm pretty sure they already said the whole Premium and Standard thing was dropped. Maybe it's just the categorization that was dropped, and we might still be able to see major visual differences, but it shouldn't stop us from using every car in every feature of the game.

Ya that's true, I kinda mispoke. I was thinking about the garage when the topic was dealerships. In the demo, they titled the cars in the garage as premium, that's where my confusion came from.

There is other cars in the new car list that are now premium that were standard before but are now listed as new to series, so your argument doesn't hold any water!
This is polyphony digital we're talking about. They could've easily mistaken those cars as new. besides, the car list isn't even final.

Last edited:
Did you ever consider that the car maybe not be listed as new to the series, because it isn't new to the series?
Shelby GT350 ’65,Lotus Europa Special ’72.Lancia STRATOS ’73.Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary ’88,Lamborghini Countach LP400 ’74.Ford Ford GT ’05 were all standards in gt5.. I don't understand what people don't understand about the list not being final..

I checked the list. I seams that both Chrome and Stealth are included in the game. However, there is no mentioning of them being exclusive cars. And since they are going to be available in the dealerships, I assume they are now available to everyone.

Took 'em long enough :rolleyes:

Shelby GT350 ’65,Lotus Europa Special ’72.Lancia STRATOS ’73.Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary ’88,Lamborghini Countach LP400 ’74.Ford Ford GT ’05 were all standards in gt5.. I don't understand what people don't understand about the list not being final..
The '72 Lotus and '65 Shelby weren't.

Last edited:
Does anybody think that standards can make the leap to PS4?

My guess is they'll drop them all, but continue to re-model the best/most important models.
I believed from the very first day I knew PD was going to celebrate 15 years of GT that altough they reckoned standard/premium was inconsistent for a AAA game, PD decided to make a face lift for all standard cars (nothing big by any means but enough probably).

This meant that they would include all cars once again in GT6 roster as a kind of a tribute for those 15 years, is like say 'hey we finish a era' with this console generation preparing for quite a bit leap heading into PS4 where no more inconsistencies should make way up to GT7.

There is no way PD would release a trailer with anything other than premium cars, surely? The will always show off the game in the best way.

I don't know. What I do know, is that the Toyota 2000 looks Premium, and that there's no way anyone can say for a fact that it isn't. THat it isn't on the list, proves nothing.

Is the list...a placeholder?

8013966070_23c1a23924.jpg
ha ha haaaaahhhh

http://www.gran-turismo.com/local/jp/data1/products/gt6/carlist_en.html
Gran Turismo 6
Car List

* This list is one part of the cars planned for inclusion, and is subject to change.
icon_6.png
indicates that the car is appearing for the first time in the series.

This is polyphony digital we're talking about. They could've easily mistaken those cars as new. besides, the car list isn't even final.
Yup. The list is unreliable. True. You even said it yourself that it isn't final, so why are you using it as a source of verification over a point you're trying to prove?

I think, there is a possibility that there could be a remark for every car like "Detailed cockpit" and "Black framed cockpit".

I hope the exterior of the standards are much better. Imagine how a person who is not up-to-date with their Gran Turismo news reacts when they see that GT6's standards are the EXACT SAME QUALITY as GT5's standards. That would be a terrible first impression.

Back