FITT: "British Invasion" Congrats to - praiano63, DolHaus, Motor City Hami, Otaliema

@787bcgr
Bowtie-muscle
@Dagger311
@DolHaus
@ImToLegitToQuit
@Otaliema
@praiano63
@shaunm80
@sinof1337
@xande1959
@macdog54

I am not sure if it will change anyone's choice but, does anyone have an issue with 1 final change?
Allowing a 10pp increase in pp and full range adjustment on trans for the MG and VX220 to attempt to bring them closer. Most responses say the Elise is the choice, but this may be enough to change a mind or two.
Seems fair to me

I don't have much tuning time available before the deadline so I'm going to have to stick with my Elise but I'd love to see some different cars on the grid come test day 👍

@bowtie an extra 10pp and full trans might get me to change my car I would need to test them, see how they fair if I can get it to within a tenth I would switch my car.
I believe everyone will stay with their choice, I might just go with something different just because. If I finish last, oh well.
@787bcgr
Bowtie-muscle
@Dagger311
@DolHaus
@ImToLegitToQuit
@Otaliema
@praiano63
@shaunm80
@sinof1337
@xande1959
@macdog54

Final change, it will be what it will be after this. MG TF160, VX220 can now have up to 460pp and full use of Custom Trans. Since most are using the Elise anyway, this might make no difference but I am trying.

I believe everyone will stay with their choice, I might just go with something different just because. If I finish last, oh well.
@787bcgr
Bowtie-muscle
@Dagger311
@DolHaus
@ImToLegitToQuit
@Otaliema
@praiano63
@shaunm80
@sinof1337
@xande1959
@macdog54

Final change, it will be what it will be after this. MG TF160, VX220 can now have up to 460pp and full use of Custom Trans. Since most are using the Elise anyway, this might make no difference but I am trying.
You certainly are trying.. Ill give you that. You are doing a good job of managing this, I don't think you could have foreseen that the Lotus would have had such an advantage so well done.

You certainly are trying.. Ill give you that. You are doing a good job of managing this, I don't think you could have foreseen that the Lotus would have had such an advantage so well done.
Did not see this coming, but I believe it has given everyone another option at 450pp:sly:

I have not had any time to look at the other two classes, has anyone built the 2 Pro Tourers to make sure I typed the info correctly?

Did not see this coming, but I believe it has given everyone another option at 450pp:sly:

I have not had any time to look at the other two classes, has anyone built the 2 Pro Tourers to make sure I typed the info correctly?
I have, I am struggling with ABS 1 only but what you put in the class information works out fine. I have two cars which are very close in terms of time so far. Good luck to everyone for Autumn Ring Reverse with the Street class.. I am having a nightmare getting my car smooth and quick. I can only just keep it on the track, Not got a good feeling about this class for me personally. Still. I always give anything a go. :)

Yeah I built both and they were very close, the jag has a slight PP advantage (599 vs 603?) but this isn't reflected in the lap times

Well I can tell you the VX220 is alot more fun at 460 with the custom trans, but any gains I make on the straights are obliterated in the turns, it's like the Elise has a flat floor on it the way it turns, all the ups of it with none of downs....I want that on my car!!!! *IRL

Well I can tell you the VX220 is alot more fun at 460 with the custom trans, but any gains I make on the straights are obliterated in the turns, it's like the Elise has a flat floor on it the way it turns, all the ups of it with none of downs....I want that on my car!!!! *IRL
It probably does have some form of flat floor on it. As far I as know, this car was a special edition which influenced the way that some F1 designers looked at designing race cars.

mia_mk2jps5.jpg

Not quite what PD gave us but the rear of the car certainly looks like a flat floor design to improve the aerodynamics.

It probably does have some form of flat floor on it. As far I as know, this car was a special edition which influenced the way that some F1 designers looked at designing race cars.

View attachment 250414

Not quite what PD gave us but the rear of the car certainly looks like a flat floor design to improve the aerodynamics.
Yeah that looks like a air flow director to me, to smooth out and direct the air flow out and up a tiny bit to give the tail more grip.

The Elise does look like its got a flat floor, the first time I took some photos of it I had to go and check afterwards that I hadn't installed one :lol:
Then again, the Elise has always been fast in GT, might just be running some PD special tyre's or something. I like the PP system but I really wish they'd stop boosting particular cars

Well the munchkins have arisen from the dead, time to feed them and take them to a playground for 4-6 hours so they go to bed again today :lol:
I have an Elise that I am happy with and will turn that in, if I can't get a VX220 tuned the way I like, I'm going to make a not very nice hot lap to try and dethrone an Elise :mischievous:

Has anyone got a preliminary time set on Autumn Ring Reverse yet? The best I've managed so far is a 1.24.497.. Anyone else in that ball park or are they a lot faster than me?

@787bcgr
Bowtie-muscle
@Dagger311
@DolHaus
@ImToLegitToQuit
@Otaliema
@praiano63
@shaunm80
@sinof1337
@xande1959
@macdog54

I am not sure if it will change anyone's choice but, does anyone have an issue with 1 final change?
Allowing a 10pp increase in pp and full range adjustment on trans for the MG and VX220 to attempt to bring them closer. Most responses say the Elise is the choice, but this may be enough to change a mind or two.
I'm fine with it.
@787bcgr
Bowtie-muscle
@Dagger311
@DolHaus
@ImToLegitToQuit
@Otaliema
@praiano63
@shaunm80
@sinof1337
@xande1959
@macdog54

Also fine.

And I'm in the competition, you aren't taking last. :P

Curious about the VX220, checked my garage, and there I have it, a replica of stock power car with real life track day suspension setup and turbo transmission :lol: Bump it to 450PP with turbo kit, ran a few laps on CS tire, 53s at Brands Hatch Indy.
While the Esprit, stock replica : 1:36s at Autumn Ring Reverse, CM tire :) Drives like a dream for a factory spec Esprit V8.

The Vauxhall VX220 is very good car :eek: able to post 20s 1st sector at Indy on CS tire, and this is on a replica based suspension, gearing, LSD. The gearing is basically stock VX/VXR Turbo ratio on 5 speed custom trans. Stock clutch, real life distribution and weight ( VX220 ) too :) Holding close to 60mph at the last turn to finish and hit 95+mph on the esses.

I think I'll enter Roadster class, Vauxhall VX220 :P Not going to win, but should be fun to drive.

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_1.jpg

Last edited:
The Vauxhall VX220 is very good car :eek: able to post 20s 1st sector at Indy on CS tire, and this is on a replica based suspension, gearing, LSD. The gearing is basically stock VX/VXR Turbo ratio on 5 speed custom trans. Stock clutch, real life distribution and weight ( VX220 ) too :) Holding close to 60mph at the last turn to finish and hit 95+mph on the esses.

I think I'll enter Roadster class, Vauxhall VX220 :P Not going to win, but should be fun to drive.

View attachment 250818
I think you STOLE my color :sly:.

15093902783_2ccdf0ea61.jpg

I believe allowing 460pp and custom trans brings the other cars closer to the Elise. Tried both last night with new specs and just missed getting under 52 with the MG with some more to be found. Did get my VX220 to within .089 of my best Elise lap. It may not be the best and may finish near the bottom, but I will be posting it as my choice. Best in the Elise was 51.207, 51.296 in the VX but not as easy to achieve. All I ask the other testers is for 1 good lap and I will be satisfied. Anyone else want to share lap times?

I think you STOLE my color :sly:.

15093902783_2ccdf0ea61.jpg

I believe allowing 460pp and custom trans brings the other cars closer to the Elise. Tried both last night with new specs and just missed getting under 52 with the MG with some more to be found. Did get my VX220 to within .089 of my best Elise lap. It may not be the best and may finish near the bottom, but I will be posting it as my choice. Best in the Elise was 51.207, 51.296 in the VX but not as easy to achieve. All I ask the other testers is for 1 good lap and I will be satisfied. Anyone else want to share lap times?
Darn, your elise was 0.200 faster than mine is.. Nevermind.. Ill go head to hear with your VX220. It will be close between them.

Back