FITT: "British Invasion" Congrats to - praiano63, DolHaus, Motor City Hami, Otaliema

I believe it would be fair as long as the rest of the lap was clean, a 10 lap run could quickly become 15-20 otherwise.
Exactly, that final left hander is such an easy place to lose the car and always results in a penalty. You have to commit to it otherwise you lose a pile of time but if you touch either curb then you are going end up facing backwards :lol:

I don't think anyone would actively try to improve a lap time by corner cutting anyway 👍

@Bowtie-muscle - Quick testing question :dunce:

Imagine the scenario:
Running wide or spinning on the last corner complex
Incurring "Next Lap Invalidated" penalty (no advantage gained in recovering from previous spin)
Set best lap on next Red lap (clean lap, no corner cutting that would result in new penalty)

Can we count that new best lap?
I've done that on past challenges I know the lap was clean watch the reply on 3rd person/chase cam to make sure I didn't cut on accident.
Anyone else have an Issue with that?
None see above.

@787bcgr @sinof1337 @ImToLegitToQuit
@Dagger311(I know you said you were not going to have time to tune but just thought I would give you more time if it helps!)

Gentlemen, all tunes are do tonight by midnight here EST, however, with the changes to the rules there is a 48 hour extension available if you need it. Please just let me know if you will be posting before midnight Tuesday.

**This ONLY applies to the Roadster Class, Street is not due until NEXT Sunday at midnight.**

Could everyone who has already posted their tunes just please check and make sure the links are working correctly as my mouse is having quite the attitude and double or triple clicking everytime I use it. :boggled::grumpy::rolleyes:

Thank you, Bowtie

Last edited:
@Dagger311(I know you said you were not going to have time to tune but just thought I would give you more time if it helps!)

Gentlemen, all tunes are do tonight by midnight here EST, however, with the changes to the rules there is a 48 hour extension available if you need it. Please just let me know if you will be posting before midnight Tuesday.

**This ONLY applies to the Roadster Class, Street is not due until NEXT Sunday at midnight.**

Could everyone who has already posted their tunes just please check and make sure the links are working correctly as my mouse is having quite the attitude and double or triple clicking everytime I use it. :boggled::grumpy::rolleyes:

Thank you, Bowtie
My link is good

Even looking at a still photo of one of your tunes make your tune look epicly fast.
It´s a nice car , i´m 90% satisfied with it. It drive very well and i think it have some chance because easy to drive too but this time without anestesics.
I´m very proud of my lotus V8 esprit `02.... i just can´t stop driving it any track. i´ll publish it next week end.
Good luck to everybody, specially to the testers.

Last edited:
I've done that on past challenges I know the lap was clean watch the reply on 3rd person/chase cam to make sure I didn't cut on accident.

None see above.
Curious, you have 2 likes for this post, me and someone who got deleted? Who?

Thank you, Bowtie
I I will I will post tonighr

PicsArt_1415578914159.jpg

Lotus Elise Type 72
450pp/ 194hp/ 850kg
Starlight Black Metallic (Stock Color)
Standard Size Rays TE37V
F/C Suspension
F/C LSD
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Sports Exhaust
Sports Computer
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning
5 Speed Close Ratio Transmission
TUNE:
Ride Height: 90/95
Spring Rates: 5.50/ 10.00
Dampers Compression: 3/2
Dampers Extension: 3/2
Roll Bars: 3/2
Camber: 0/0
Toe: -0.15/0.17
Brake Balance: 7/5
Initial Torque: 13
Accel: 34
Braking: 16
Power Limit: 98.3%
Ballast: 94kg
Ballast Position: 30%

Last edited:
I have debated not entering this car because I found a huge number of flaws with the car I was going to post. it had the oil changed and therefore didn't need a turbo to hit 460. I remembered that about an hour ago so I had to start fresh and having a turbo ruined the suspension and LSD setting I had so this car has had only about 30 minutes tuning and driving time. I didn't want to pull out last minute though giggity so here is my MG.

SUSPENSION:

brakes 7/7

RH 95/95
SP 8.80/5.70
CMP 4/4
EXT 5/5
ARB 4/5
CMB 0/0
TOE .05/.20

stage 3 engine
sports ecu
semi racing exhaust
sports cat
tuned intake
low rpm turbo
99.5% limiter

after adding power parts
set final gear to far right
set max speed to far left
set final gear to 4.080

LSD 10/14/6
Triple plate clutch
full weight reduction
no ballast
abs 1

Last edited:
Exactly, that final left hander is such an easy place to lose the car and always results in a penalty. You have to commit to it otherwise you lose a pile of time but if you touch either curb then you are going end up facing backwards :lol:
I was surprised by the number of times I ran over either/both of those curbs and didn't loose the cars completely, they were typically saveable. This was near the final tunes' setups that I could do this though.
I don't think anyone would actively try to improve a lap time by corner cutting anyway 👍
On actual testing I would stay far enough away within reason to keep it fair though.

I guess there will be a Matte Pink battle to the finish line in this one @Motor City Hami. :D

I still believe the Elise will come out on top, just that the VX will not be so far behind.
View attachment 253132
Lotus Elise Type 72
450pp/ 194hp/ 850kg
Starlight Black Metallic (Stock Color)
Standard Size Rays TE37V
F/C Suspension
F/C LSD
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Sports Computer
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning
5 Speed Close Ratio Transmission
TUNE:
Ride Height: 90/95
Spring Rates: 5.50/ 10.00
Dampers Compression: 3/2
Dampers Extension: 3/2
Roll Bars: 3/2
Camber: 0/0
Toe: -0.15/0.17
Brake Balance: 7/5
Initial Torque: 13
Accel: 34
Braking: 16
Power Limit: 98.3%
Ballast: 94kg
Ballast Position: 30%

I'm just building your car and I think you may have forgotten to add a sports exaust to your setting sheet.

I have debated not entering this car because I found a huge number of flaws with the car I was going to post. it had the oil changed and therefore didn't need a turbo to hit 460. I remembered that about an hour ago so I had to start fresh and having a turbo ruined the suspension and LSD setting I had so this car has had only about 30 minutes tuning and driving time. I didn't want to pull out last minute though giggity so here is my MG.

SUSPENSION:

brakes 7/7

RH 95/95
SP 8.80/5.70
CMP 4/4
EXT 5/5
ARB 4/5
CMB 0/0
TOE .05/.20

stage 3 engine
sports ecu
semi racing exhaust
sports cat
tuned intake
low rpm turbo
99.5% limiter

after adding power parts
set final gear to far right
set max speed to far left
set final gear to 4.080

LSD 10/14/6

full weight reduction
no ballast
abs 1

Are you using a standard clutch or triple?

Courtenay Sport / NITRON Vauxhall VX/R220 Track Racer Replica

Special Build Courtenay Sport/NITRON VX/R220
450PP Version
Sports Hard

CAR : Vauxhall VX220 '00
Tire : Sports Hard

Specs
Horsepower: 215 HP at 6500 RPM
Torque : 196.9 ft-lb at 4500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 99.7%
Weight: 875 kg
Ballast : 85 kg
Ballast Position : 9
Weight Distribution : 45 / 55 as real car spec
Performance Points: 450

GT AUTO
NO Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( NOT INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD )
Wheels : Stock
Car Paint : Sunlight Silver Metallic

Tuning Parts Installed :
Intake Tuning
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Dog Clutch Transmission
Fully Customizable Suspension
Weight Reduction Stage 1

Suspension - NITRON Race 3 Way Coilover Kit
ERS Springs 500/550 ( Lowered )
Vauxhall Street/Track Alignment

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 89 89
Spring Rate 8.93 9.82
Dampers (Compression): 6 4
Dampers (Extension): 9 9
ARB 5 5
Camber Angle 0.1 1.6 ( Front Camber Range : 0.1 +- 0.2, Rear Camber Range : 1.8 +- 0.2 )
Toe Angle 0.07 0.20 ( Front Toe In Range : 0.00 +- 0.07, Rear Toe In Range : 0.36 +- 0.20 )

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - Vauxhall VX220 Turbo Getrag F23 (287) 5 Speed
Stock Final

Set Default
Set Final to 3.630
Set Auto Max Speed at 290kmh / 180mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.580
2nd 2.020
3rd 1.350
4th 0.970
5th 0.790
Set Final : 3.630
( OPTIONAL Courtenay Sport 4.170 Final for Getrag F23 )

LSD - 2 Way OS Giken Custom Built 25% Preload & Lock
Initial Torque : 17
Acceleration Sensitivity: 17
Braking Sensitivity: 17

Brake Balance:
5/5 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 5/5, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance. I recommend to run 5/5.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/5 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :

This replica is based on a Courtenay Sport customer car, originally VX220 NA car modified with Z20LET engine transplant and Z20LEH K04 Turbo from Astra VXR offering better performance and reliability. The 450PP is limited in power to fit in the regulation FITT British Invasion Tuning Challenge.

The weight of the car is 875kg ( curb weight of NA VX220 ) with 45/55 weight distribution of NA car. Suspension has been upgraded with NITRON NTR Race Coilover 3 Way with ERS Springs at 500/550. The stiff springs and ratio are chosen based on well proven formula for track racer VX220 with sticky semi slick tires. The front springs are harder than usual this time, offering sharper steering with damper & ARB all around setup for balanced handling. Ride height has been lowered by about 2 inch from stock height, while the alignment is based on street / mild track duty range of values, and I used less rear toe in to give more play when at the track.

Transmission uses Turbo VX220 Getrag 5 Speed ratios and final. This offers much better spread for the added power and torque, giving nice pull without inherent wheelspin drama. Courtenay Sport also offer performance/track oriented Final Drive at 4.170, giving much quicker acceleration from 1st to 3rd gear at a cost of lower top speed.

LSD is based on OS Giken with custom job, torque preload set at 25% with 2 way setup, also 25% lock. This will give nice balance against suspension setup, while still giving good traction even on lower gear exit. Simply hammer the throttle when in doubt and let the rear kick a bit then the LSD will do it's job, just make sure to hold that steering wheel like a man.

The VX220 was tuned and tested at Brands Hatch Indy, Willow Springs, Tsukuba, Autumn Ring and Red Bull Ring. At Brands Hatch Indy, it managed 52.1s with ease on SH tire. Another run managed 51.8s on 2nd lap, with slower 20.1s 1st sector and slightly lower last turn at 58mph as I overloaded left front tires for a moment. I have provided both replay of the run for reference. A good run would yield 19s 1st sector - reaching 100mph at the top of the hill before braking for the right hairpin :) and maintain 60+mph on the last corner, this would translate at least mid 51s :P

EDIT : Fixed the max speed, incorrect value, was 300kmh, supposed to be 290kmh
Added additional notes for the 51s run and uploaded the replay :)

@Bowtie-muscle : I have updated the tune post with additional notes and replay file, no changes to the tune was made.

Okay gentlemen and testers, it appears all who have signed up have posted so let the testing begin. If another entry comes in out of no where, it will only be allowed within the next 48 hours because of the extension. Drive safe and keep it on the tarmac boys. But most importantly, have fun.👍

[QUO
@Bowtie-muscle great job with the Street class the cars are matched perfectly. just getting used to the track and cars and yeah they are very close to each other. Gonna love testing this group. 👍 great job sir.
They're both difficult in their own ways :lol: The lotus is easier to drive fast but gets really twitchy if you upset it, the TVR is safer and more manageable for the most part but the brakes feel like they need bleeding, I look forward to seeing what people do to improve them

[QUO

They're both difficult in their own ways :lol: The lotus is easier to drive fast but gets really twitchy if you upset it, the TVR is safer and more manageable for the most part but the brakes feel like they need bleeding, I look forward to seeing what people do to improve them
so true, racing brakes and a clcik up helps the TVR greatly and the Espirit is just fun, with my course tunes they are with in 4 tenths of each other and I can chaulk that up to line on the track.
I can hang the TVR out to dry and it will come back, and like you said the Lotus will just clock you up side the head if you do somthing it doesn't like.
Why do i feel like PD got the handling carictoritics backwards :odd:

Latest Posts

Back