FITT: "British Invasion" Congrats to - praiano63, DolHaus, Motor City Hami, Otaliema

and getting response from @Otaliema , I was left with an uneasy feeling.
Sorry didn't make you feel uneasy about anything. :( thank you for the retest on the car I'll plug in the numbers on Tuesday will be when I can get to it with out interruptions, maybe tonight if the kids go down late and I'm not sleepy but can't promise anything on tonight.

Edit; My young one crashed late so I was able to update all Pro class results. see post below Hami's

Last edited:
@Bowtie-muscle Time sheet updated for pro class.
@cbarbosa Review post
@LordJCS Review post

Current standings
Pro Class;
Laptime
1st @DolHaus 2:00.894
2nd @Otaliema 2:01.049 +0.155
3rd @Bowtie-muscle 2:01.489 +0.596
4th @Motor City Hami 2:01.493 +0.599
5th @xande1959 2:01.584 +0.691

Drivers Choice
1st @DolHaus 9.50
2nd @Motor City Hami 9.35
3rd @Bowtie-muscle 9.18
4th @Otaliema 8.75
5th @shaunm80 8.65

Fastest Lap 1:59.757 @DolHaus tune Driven by @cbarbosa
Highest DC score 9.8 @DolHaus tune given by @shaunm80

Well done so far. @DolHaus you appear to have nailed the car this time around great job, @Motor City Hami if you had tuned a Jag I think we would all be looking at your tail pipe :cheers:

@ugabugaz tag me when you update your results post so I can upload it to the street class to get final results for bowtie to post.

edit; dang keyboard missing some keys and doubling others.

Last edited:
Sorry didn't make you feel uneasy about anything. :( thank you for the retest on the car I'll plug in the numbers on Tuesday will be when I can get to it with out interruptions, maybe tonight if the kids go down late and I'm not sleepy but can't promise anything on tonight.

Edit; My young one crashed late so I was able to update all Pro class results. see post below Hami's
The uneasy feeling was my own conscience, not your tune. Glad I retested and got out of it what it deserved.:)

I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to get around to testing the Pro GT class, just had my deadline cut in half on some work I need to get finished by Christmas. Have to build a fancy bird table for my sister and her husband and paint a canvas for my grandparents in the next two weeks :scared: :banghead:
I will keep trying though, might be able to fit a car or two in during the evenings and slowly chip away at them 👍

DaBomm4
Lap-time: 1:20.965
DC: 9.0

Feels even more lively than @787bcgr's car yet has more front end grip. Excellent job just as the car above, It's just that little bit better. My only complaint is that the brakes on @787bcgr's car feel better (Maybe due to BB or LSD, I don't know). The transmission top end also felt 1-2 mph too low. Great car otherwise. There's another .100 I kept losing in between laps - This car can go even faster.
Thanks for the review, I was curious about the differences that you mentioned and @787bcgr's tune is softer in the front. I think that the difference with those softer rates is what helps mine get the front end grip but hurts my braking as a whole. I was surprised by the fact of how similar our tunes were, but given those similarities, I am not surprised by the close lap times.

Funny thing, I got the notifications about replies, just it stated that you replied, not that you mentioned me, like it should do.
That may be due to the fact I copied the tag post information out of the quote block so it looked like
Code:
[user=231957]DaBomm4[/USER]
and not the
Code:
@DaBomm4
line, hmm odd.

Any who in other news @ugabugaz times have been updated. @Bowtie-muscle you can call it for the street class as that's all the testers

And when I did I become premium???? rather who gifted it to me? :confused::confused::confused:

That may be due to the fact I copied the tag post information out of the quote block so it looked like
Code:
and not the
Code:
@DaBomm4
line, hmm odd.

Any who in other news @ugabugaz times have been updated. @Bowtie-muscle you can call it for the street class as that's all the testers

And when I did I become premium???? rather who gifted it to me? :confused::confused::confused:
That could be it too, good to know for copying of coding. And it looks like someone gave you a Cyber Monday Christmas gift. Lucky duck.

Code:
and not the
Code:
@DaBomm4
line, hmm odd.

I got the Premium Gift has well :confused::confused: But thank you to whomever gave the gift. :dopey:

Thanks for all your effort and work with the scoring, will check it and update the results post.👍

@ugabugaz Thank you for taking the time to test and review the Street Class, much appreciated. Also, thank you for the fast lap in my tune and for the feedback, you nailed it, precision was missing. Need to pick it up as I am not doing so great though not bad in this Challenge. Not sure any of my tunes were 100% complete when submitted. My Jaguar is likely the closest and doing a little better. Either way, great reviews by all.

Results for Street Sports Class posted!:) Here

Lotus/TVR Reviews - DS3 | Sensitivity = 7 | ABS =1 | All else off

1. @praiano63
Lap-time: 1:19.880
Top Speed: 137 MPH
DC: 9.8

Car feels very different from stock. One of the best things about this tune is that it allows you to more easily power out of corners - both low and highspeed which results in a much faster midsection of the track. The brakes are super sensitive and if you want to go fast in this car you must brake in a straight line and be very gentle as to how you let off them - otherwise the car tends to spin and you lose time. The brakes do allow a slightly easier entry into some of the low speed corners but I think they need to be just a little bit less sensitive. Another thing I would prefer is for the back to have a little more slip - it would allow the car to take the two large righthand sweepers faster. Best transmission award - if there is such a thing, it's yours.

2. @sinof1337
Lap-time: 1:20.969
Top Speed: 136 MPH [-1 MPH]
DC: 8.0

A very consistent and predictable car. Brakes seem a little weaker than I'm accustomed to. Car has a tendency to understeer a little more than I would like. My times were very consistent throughout so I don't think I can do much better in the lap-time department. I feel like the transmission could be optimized a little more for an auto user. Overall the car feels pretty good for doing lap after lap, it's just not very fast.

3. @Bowtie-muscle
Lap-time: 1:20.393
Top Speed: 137 MPH [0 MPH]
DC: 8.5

Car is very neutral in balance. Handles the track very well although it lacks a little bit of precision. Doesn't shoot out of slow corners as well as it could. Enjoyable drive and almost a top contender.

4. @DolHaus
Lap-time: 1:20.172
Top Speed: 135 MPH [-2 MPH]
DC: 9.5

Feels like the hardest to control car I've tested yet. Likes to wash out on both acceleration and braking unless I was super careful. My lap-times were pretty inconsistently slow even taking into account the fast lap. Driving it super smoothly yields a fast time no doubt. Second Gear seemed to be too short - as I would redline on it a couple of times during the lap losing some time. On a second drive, this car feels more fun - really appreciate the slipperiness of it..

5. @demonchilde
Lap-time: 1:21.631
Top Speed: 135 [-2 MPH]
DC: 5.0

With this tune, the Esprit feels like an FR car, and I don't mean that in a good way. Gone is the eagerness with which MR cars like to rotate. The car also doesn't fare too well under power as the back likes to over-rotate sometimes. The gearbox is also far too long for this track.

6. @nijalninja
Lap-time: 1:22.166
Top Speed: 137 [0 MPH]
DC: 7.0

Feels like an alright car. Nothing major wrong with it. Fairly easy to drive - transitions from corner to corner well. Seemingly quite slow, perhaps due to the camber? Please improve the readability of your tune posts for the future, as well as list both in kph and mph.

7. @Ridox2JZGTE
Lap-time: 1:23.097
Top Speed: Slow :D
DC: 9.5

Knowing @Ridox2JZGTE cars of old, I prepared myself for what I expected to be a handful. Instead what I got was an extremely pleasant car to drive. The only car tested so far that actually defaults to oversteer in the right-hand sweepers - YES! Also, I'm quite thankful that I didn't have to listen to that stupid racing exhaust yet again.

8. @shaunm80
Lap-time: 1:21.858
DC: 7.0

Cars feels very planted and safe. Controls the available power very well with little to no wheelspin. Understeer seems under control. In comparison to the other two Tuscans, this car is just too stiff. Needs more rotation to be able to compete. Couldn't get close to the Esprit times.

9. @787bcgr
Lap-time: 1:20.984

Coming from my first Tuscan, this car felt quite different. My first experience was a very lively rear end - it felt like it wanted to dance. After a few laps, I understood how to drive this car. You can't grab it by the neck and trash it around, no, this car is a fine lady. You need to be extremely gentle and precise with the controls to get the most out of it. My only problem is that there's a little too much understeer sometimes. On my fast lap I almost went off because I couldn't get the car inline. (Replay saved and available). The time speaks for itself I think.

10. @DaBomm4
Lap-time: 1:20.965

Feels even more lively than @787bcgr's car yet has more front end grip. Excellent job just as the car above, It's just that little bit better. My only complaint is that the brakes on @787bcgr's car feel better (Maybe due to BB or LSD, I don't know). The transmission top end also felt 1-2 mph too low. Great car otherwise. There's another .100 I kept losing in between laps - This car can go even faster.

11. @xande1959
Lap-time: 1:22.253
DC: 6.5

To summarize, the car felt lazy. Not much drama under power or braking. Not much rotation and a little bit of understeer. Felt slower on the track than the other Tuscans. Driving it was fairly easy and I didn't mind it - problem is that it's slow.

FINAL RESULTS
Thanks for the test , very happy with the results, congrats for the laptime.
@ugabugaz Thank you for taking the time to test and review the Street Class, much appreciated. Also, thank you for the fast lap in my tune and for the feedback, you nailed it, precision was missing. Need to pick it up as I am not doing so great though not bad in this Challenge. Not sure any of my tunes were 100% complete when submitted. My Jaguar is likely the closest and doing a little better. Either way, great reviews by all.

Very close , congrats to tuners and testers. This was a great shootout with greats cars. This Esprit V8 tune is one of my favorite now , together with my tuscan that was not competing but as fast as my Lotus or even faster and giving also a great driving pleasure too.
><(((((°>°°°°°°°°

Yep no problem. Took a bit longer than I expected to test everything but got there in the end. I did try and run yours again, like I did for all the car I just didn't get a faster time.

Congratulations to @praiano63, @Motor City Hami and @xande1959 for the Roadsters class
Congratulations to @praiano63, @Bowtie-muscle and @787bcgr for the Street Sports class

Well done to everyone involved, another close fought competition which shows why FITT is such a great organisation to be part of

A hearty thanks to @Bowtie-muscle for putting this contest together and to @Otaliema for organising the scores

:gtpflag:

@DolHaus you were 0.020 seconds behind a @praiano63 tune. That is something to celebrate. :cheers:

@Otaliema just checking to see if you are still planning on testing the Pro class, @DolHaus is not sure he can which could mean we are set.:odd: At the very least, I would appreciate a look at my tune to let me know what DC you both think it deserves.

@DolHaus you were 0.020 seconds behind a @praiano63 tune. That is something to celebrate. :cheers:
More than happy with that, one of these days I'll catch him :lol:

@Otaliema just checking to see if you are still planning on testing the Pro class, @DolHaus is not sure he can which could mean we are set.:odd: At the very least, I would appreciate a look at my tune to let me know what DC you both think it deserves.
I think I have some free time tonight so I will make a start and see how many I can plough through, if I can get half of them done then I should be able to finish the rest off before the deadline 👍

In process now have two done. 6 to go
More than happy with that, one of these days I'll catch him :lol:

I think I have some free time tonight so I will make a start and see how many I can plough through, if I can get half of them done then I should be able to finish the rest off before the deadline 👍
No pressure guys, just following up, still plenty of time left.

Congratulations to @praiano63, @Motor City Hami and @xande1959 for the Roadsters class
Congratulations to @praiano63, @Bowtie-muscle and @787bcgr for the Street Sports class

Well done to everyone involved, another close fought competition which shows why FITT is such a great organisation to be part of

A hearty thanks to @Bowtie-muscle for putting this contest together and to @Otaliema for organising the scores

:gtpflag:
- and with great pleasure to participate in these fantastic events, in addition to learning with you. this and rewarding, it lacks a little detail I have to learn to speak English.:cheers::cheers:

Test Driving results for the FITT British Invasion hosted by @Bowtie-muscle Driven at Silverstone Grand Prix

All cars received 5 Laps warm up and learning. All cars then driven for 5 Laps or till I got all I could from the car on the majority of the track. Which ever came second.

Track and driving aids. Grip= Real, ABS=1 all other driving aids off that impact handling.

DC scoring is as follows. Stock suspension & LSD with power and weight upgrades. (3 Stock Laps max to get a feel on it)
1-4 worse than stock and why.
5 as good as stock.
6-7 better than stock but….
8-9 Great tune.
10 WOW one of the best I’ve had the privilege of driving n GT6

Pro Touring Gt:

All cars are the same in terms of power and parts. Ballast set at position 0 aero set at 15 for stock lap.

Aston Martin DB9 Coupe ‘06; 2:07.203

Jaguar XKR-S ‘11; 2:07.233

@787bcgr - XKR-S

Lap time;2:07.327 DC;6.5

Entry; Too easy to slide causing understeer.

Mid; Under steer through the entire mid corner and a loose rear that would transition to oversteer very quickly

Exit; The high accel setting needed fantastic throttle control or it would spin the car.

Overall; 787’s tunes are always a handful for me, they need a high degree of precision to drive fast and I just don’t have that. I would see glimpses of what this tune could do but I could never put it all together in one lap. I logged nearly 40 laps with this car and just never got it all right.

@Bowtie-muscle - XKR-S

Lap time;2:05.265 DC;8.23

Entry; Solid braking no tire lock up, good turn in. Heavy understeer if cooked even a little.

Mid; Building understeer from entry to exit made entry extremely important.

Exit; Solid here great grip, little or no swimming or tire spin, just go. Over steer present here for the most part which offset the understeer at mid

Overall; As long as I got my entry right this car took any turn in stride, if I missed my entry even a little I found it would understeer through the entire turn, required I brake to induce oversteer to get the car back on track. Well done solid tune. Just a bit loose at mid and would be much faster car.

@DolHaus - XKR-S

Lap time;2:04.2762:03.978 DC;8.89

Entry; Sweepers it was fantastic, tight turns it was unforgiving.

Mid; Held any line I asked it too and would adjust with no issues.

Exit; Great grip, I needed to be a gear high for the turn or would I spin the wheels.

Overall; This car was great, fantastic balance, rotation was very good, brakes were solid and didn’t interfere with the turn in. I found that it was a very forgiving car in the sweepers but would turn and bite me in the tight turns. I also found I needed to be going straight to jump on the gas if I wasn’t I was going sideways. Fantastic build sir.

@Motor City Hami - DB9

Lap time;2:05.246 DC; 10

Entry; Solid braking, didn’t like it if I cooked it, but what car does? Fantastic cooked entry recovery.

Mid; Solid rotation was incredible. Tiny bit of understeer if my foot was too heavy.

Exit; Incredibly solid here, only faltered if I was out of shape from a heavy foot a mid corner.

Overall; Fantastic tune, do you keep a rubber chicken and a incense burner in your tuning kit? This was totally magic.

Bonus test; Seeing how these cars are pretty much identical I slapped this tune on the XKR-S with the transmission as close as I could get it and logged a 2:04.169 on lap 3 and it was sloppy I missed my mark on a couple of sweepers and the final turn, easily left 2-3 seconds on the track.

@Otaliema - XKR-S

Lap time;2:03.354 DC;8.1

Entry; Solid brakes didn’t over power unless you missed your mark and had to hold them too long. Picky about it’s entry line.

Mid;Very high grip but a touch of understeer that necessitated a little throttle lift to keep on the track at exit.

Exit; Fantastic grip hard to spin the tires on anything but the slowest of turns. The understeer that built up in mid corner would require a ever so slight lift off to bring it back

Overall; Good solid tune, little too touchy to be useful out of a TT, the grip this car had made it great for off throttle turning but I did feel the car fighting itself in the sweepers the nose wanted to push out and tail wanted to come in.

@shaunm80 - DB9 Coupe

Lap time;2:06.862 DC;7.8

Entry; Good if you’re doing a slow in fast out line. If you try to brake late and dive it just slides.

Mid;Lots of understeer here and it loved to get out of shape here if I was too heavy on the throttle.

Exit;Seems low on grip here, I was out of shape just after more turns than I was in shape. It liked to swim for me.

Overall; Good car if you do what it wants, if you do something it doesn’t like it lets you know with a healthy dose of swimming and understeer. I found it rather easy to over power the rear and spin the car when in 2nd and even 3rd gears. Once I slowed down and stopped diving into turns it go faster I just never felt confident that I could just lay in to it.

@sinof1337 - XKR-S

Lap time;2:05.565 DC;7.1

Entry;the brakes over powered the front wheels causing a lot of lock up and thus understeer.

Mid; Great grip here, held any line I was on and would even change the line with little argument.

Exit; Excellent grip here and stable. I would have problems if I was out of shape from smashing the gas at mid corner.

Overall; This car loved the sweepers and hated the tight turns. I had Dolhaus’s ghost loaded when I drove this and I kept up with and gain on it in all the sweeps but I would loose all that ground and than some in the slow turns as I had to slow down a lot for them to get the car around them, as a result it was just slower over most of the track. The final gear could have been a touch longer to keep the car in power band on the back straight in 6th gear.

@xande1959 - DB9

Lap time;2:06.101 DC;8.21

Entry; Good brakes go the car slowed down with no drama and allowed for basic trail braking. Good turn in at the correct speed. Under steer if I cooked it and oversteer if I was cold.

Mid; A touch of understeer present here so it always started to drift wide, it held what ever line I started on but didn’t want to correct it.

Exit; The understeer from mid corner continued here and it would keep drifting out of the turn, as long as I didn’t lead foot the gas, it held very well.

Overall; Overall I had a good time with this car took to my style much better of brake late and dive in. I did find that I didn’t like it if I gave it the beans too soon and I swam down more than one straight on the track.

Last edited:
Lap time;2:06.101 DC;8.21

Entry; Good brakes go the car slowed down with no drama and allowed for basic trail braking. Good turn in at the correct speed. Under steer if I cooked it and oversteer if I was cold.

Mid; A touch of understeer present here so it always started to drift wide, it held what ever line I started on but didn’t want to correct it.

Exit; The understeer from mid corner continued here and it would keep drifting out of the turn, as long as I didn’t lead foot the gas, it held very well.

Overall; Overall I had a good time with this car took to my style much better of brake late and dive in. I did find that I didn’t like it if I gave it the beans too soon and I swam down more than one straight on the track

thank you for the performance, this car likes to be tamed.:cheers:

Back