FITT BTCC Championship - !! Driver Spot Available !!

United Kingdom
Pompey
CyKosis1973
Post #1 - Introduction, The Cars
Post #2 - Participant Information, the Tracks, Regulations, and Race Conditions
Post #3 - The Teams, The Tunes, Race Calendar
Post #4 - Results

Introduction

So, in a break with tradition, this event is going to be carried out as if it were an actual Motor Racing Championship. Inspired by the BTCC Championship, of which I and many others, are avid fans. The idea is to build our own Touring Cars and to team up with a driver and compete online against each other.

The expectation is that four teams of drivers and tuners will meet, over a period of time, at four different tracks to race against each other.

Due to the game limitations, the eligible cars have been pre-selected. It is essential, in order to replicate BTCC cars, that full aero is utilised, including the flat-floor and as a further break from tradition, we’ll be using sticky sports tyres too. I want to recreate the close and often physical racing that BTCC is renowned for. These cars may lack the pace of other Touring Cars, but the tracks they compete on are tight and unforgiving.

This event will rely heavily on the entrants, especially the drivers. Whilst the tuner is under pressure to provide his driver with a quality car, the drivers are going to have to reward their tuners by keeping a clean nose on the track and judging the quality of their work. Scoring will be carried out in a usual championship format, with points being awarded for race position, pole position, fastest lap and race leader.

Entrants will be split into groups of four teams. Each team will consist of one driver and one tuner. Each team will have the use of one of the four eligible cars. All four of the eligible cars must be used within each group of four teams.

===================================​

The following section covers the eligible cars and the regulations they must meet. Whilst Teams are free to use the adjustable parts, they are expected to conform to the restrictions and use the mandatory parts.

Ford Focus ST '06

Restrictions
  • Tyres: SS
  • Power: 315BHP
  • Weight: 1275kg
  • Weight distribution: 55/45
Mandatory Parts
  • Front, rear and flat-floor aero must be installed. Rear aero settings may be adjusted
  • Racing Brakes
  • ECU
  • All adjustable parts (suspension, transmission and differential)
  • Full drivetrain upgrades
  • Carbon Bonnet (coloured optional)
  • Chassis Reinforcement
Honda CIVIC TYPE R '08

Restrictions
  • Power: 305BHP
  • Weight: 1300kg
  • Weight distribution: 54/46
Mandatory Parts
  • Front, rear and flat-floor aero must be installed. Rear aero settings may be adjusted
  • Racing Brakes
  • ECU
  • Chassis Reinforcement
Volkswagen Scirocco R '10

Restrictions
  • Power: 300BHP
  • Weight: 1300kg
  • Weight distribution: 54/46
Mandatory Parts
  • Racing Brakes
  • ECU
  • Chassis Reinforcement
BMW 135i Coupe '07

Restrictions
  • Power: 315BHP
  • Weight: 1400kg
  • Weight distribution: 52/48
Mandatory Parts
  • Racing Brakes
  • ECU
  • Chassis Reinforcement
Ballast
You may make weight restrictions however you want, free use of ballast is allowed.

Power Limiting
Only to be used in order to make power restrictions and as such should be no less than 95%.

Pit Services
Use of all pit services is allowed, there is an expectation that teams will use the same car throughout the championship. Overhauling of engines and restorations of chassis is anticipated.

===================================

Last edited:
================================
Participant Information
The initial intention is that we will hold a Round every two weeks, each Round will consist of three races. The tracks and race length will be determined below. Due to the nature of this contest, it is important that all drivers and tuners have each other on their Friends List before race night. If you have a lobby open and accept a friend request, your friend will likely be unable to join until the room is taken down and reset.

Drivers
You will be under greater pressure than normal, your only chance to reward your tuner is on the track. As a trade-off, you will have their undivided attention. You will also be under pressure to not only perform on race day, but to do so cleanly and fairly. Your feedback should be limited to how the car feels to drive, whether it feels too soft or too hard, where it oversteers or understeers and if gearing, individual or as a whole, is too short or too long. Please try and avoid make very specific change requests, i.e. changing spring rates from 12.90 to 13.45, or dampers from 6 to 8. On race day, you will be expected to use the setup posted by your tuner.

Tuners
Your job, simply, is to provide your driver with the best ride you can. The entire setup must be your own work, based on the feedback you receive from your driver.

Hosts
Hosts will be responsible for setting up the lobbies for races to take place in. They will need to familiarise themselves with the race conditions, as detailed below. As host, it will also be your responsibility to record the race outcomes. This includes not just the final race positions but also Pole Position, Fastest Lap and Race Leader. Please review the Points System, at the bottom of this post, so that you understand what's required. Save the race replay each time, so that you may go back in slower time to confirm.

Spectators
Whilst I have no desire to completely restrict spectators, please be aware that the online capabilities of Gran Turismo can prove rather flaky. Spectators must refrain from entering the track during the course of a Round and must refrain from any form a chat during actual races.

Scrutineering
Tuners will be expected to post their setups 24hrs before race day. The exact timing will vary depending on which Group you are in. All dates for setup submissions and racing will be detailed below, in Post #3. Drivers will be expected to use their tuners posted setup on race day.

The Tracks
  1. Brands Hatch Indy (Short Course)
  2. Indianapolis Road Course (Long Course)
  3. Silverstone National Circuit (Short Course)
  4. Brands Hatch GP (Long Course)

The following section covers the Event Settings required when opening a lobby. Whether for practising or racing, the host must apply them. These do not constitute the regulations for the cars, these can be found above.

Race Settings
  • Auto Events: Disabled
  • Start Type: Grid Start with False Start Check
  • Grid Order: See Qualifying below
  • Boost: Off
  • Penalty: Weak
  • Tyre/Fuel Depletion: Normal
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Minimum Pit Stops: 0
  • Require Tyre Change: Off
  • Race Finish Delay: 90sec
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Mechanical Damage: None
  • Slipstream: Real
Car Selection
  • Car Selection: Garage
  • Car Filters: Disabled
Filter by Performance
  • PP Limit: No Limit
  • Max Power Limit: 315BHP
  • Minimum Weight: 1275kg
  • Drivetrain: FR/FF
  • Tyres: Sports: Soft or less
  • Nitrous: Prohibited
  • Vehicle Tuning: No Limit
Limit Driving Options
  • SRF: Prohibited
  • Active Steering: Prohibited
  • ASM: Prohibited
  • Driving Line: Available
  • TC: Prohibited
  • ABS: Available

The following section covers the Track Settings within the Event Settings required when opening a lobby. Unlike the previous section, the host will be required to make these changes during a race event. Qualifying, race length and race time will change during or in between each race and as such the host will be required to make the changes where and when applicable.

Qualifying
  • Race 1: 15 minute qualifying
  • Race 2: Reverse grid based on previous race
  • Race 3: Reverse grid based on previous race
Race Format
  • Races per track: 3
  • Laps: (Long Course or Short Course) 10 or 15
Race Times (where applicable)
  • Race 1: 11:00
  • Race 2: 14:00
  • Race 3: 17:00

Points System
  • Race Position: 1st - 15, 2nd - 10, 3rd - 6, 4th - 4
  • Pole position: One additional point will be awarded to the driver who starts on pole position for the first race of each meeting.
  • Fastest lap: One additional point will be awarded to the driver setting the fastest lap in each race. If two or more drivers achieve the same fastest lap time each will be awarded one point.
  • Race leader: One additional point will be awarded to each driver who is classified as the race leader (on crossing the start/finish line during the course of the race) during each race. A driver can only earn this point once, irrespective of how many times he or she has led that race.

Where applicable, during race meets and collective practises, drivers should adhere to GTPlanet OnLine Racing (OLR) Rules & Guidelines

================================​

Last edited:
==================================
The Teams
Group 1
Group 2
VIDEOS OF CAR DRAW RESULTS

The Tunes
Round 1 - Brands Hatch Indy
Group 1

@CyKosis1973 - BMW 135i Coupe '07
@randyrockstiff - Ford Focus ST '06
@Ridox2JZGTE - Honda CIVIC TYPE R '08
@ImToLegitToQuit - Volkswagen Scirocco R '10
@krenkme - Ford Focus ST '06

Group 2
@xande1959 - Honda CIVIC TYPE R '08
@Motor City Hami - Volkswagen Scirocco R '10
@ACSR421 - Ford Focus ST '06
@Gino Caberlin - BMW 135i Coupe '07
@NEWDRIVER2 - Honda CIVIC TYPE R '08
Race Calendar
Race Weekend (See below for Group specific times)
Pre-Season Race - Laguna Seca
25th/26th October

Round 1 - Brands Hatch Indy (Short Course)
1st/2nd November

Round 2 - Indianapolis Road Course (Long Course)
15th/16th November

Round 3 - Silverstone National Circuit (Short Course)
29th/30th November

Round 4 - Brands Hatch GP (Long Course)
13th/14th December

Round Specifics
Round 1 - Brands Hatch Indy (Short Course)

Group 1
Saturday 1st Nov 15:00-17:00GMT

Group 2
Saturday 8th - 12:00-14:00 PST / 15:00-17:00 EST / 21:00-23:00 CET

===================================​

Last edited:
Results
Overall Standing
Group 1

1. @Lewis_Hamilton_ / @Ridox2JZGTE - 18/17/17 = 52
  2. @danbojte / @CyKosis1973 - 10/2/11 = 23
  3. @Stewyripper / @randyrockstiff - 4/11/2 = 17
  4. @Lionheart2113 / @krenkme - 6/6/4 = 16
  5. @brian wolf / @ImToLegitToQuit - 2/4/6 = 12

Round 1 - Brands Hatch Indy
======
Group 1
======
Race 1
======
Pole Position - 1 point
@Lewis_Hamilton_ - 0:49.664

Race Leader - 1 point
@Lewis_Hamilton_

Fastest Lap - 1 point
@Lewis_Hamilton_ - 0:49.492

Race Position
  1. @Lewis_Hamilton_ - 15 points
  2. @danbojte - 10 points
  3. @Lionheart2113 - 6 points
  4. @Stewyripper - 4 points
  5. @brian wolf - 2 points
======
Race 2 - Race under review
======
Race Leader - 1 point
@Stewyripper
@Lewis_Hamilton_

Fastest Lap - 1 point
@Lewis_Hamilton_ 0:49.532

Race Position
  2. @Stewyripper - 10 points
  3. @Lionheart2113 - 6 points
  4. @brian wolf - 4 points
  5. @danbojte - 2 points
======
Race 3
======
Race Leader - 1 point
@danbojte
@Lewis_Hamilton_

Fastest Lap - 1 point
@Lewis_Hamilton_ - 0:49.387

Race Position
  2. @danbojte - 10 points
  3. @brian wolf - 6 points
  4. @Lionheart2113 - 4 points
  5. @Stewyripper - 2 points
Results
Group 1 - Race 1 Replay - Courtesy of @Lewis_Hamilton_

Group 1 - Race 2 Replay - Courtesy of @Lewis_Hamilton_

Group 1 - Race 3 Replay - Courtesy of @Lewis_Hamilton_

Pre-Season
These results will not count toward the Championship
Group 1
======
Race 1
======
Pole Position - 1 point
@Lewis_Hamilton_ - 1:33.506

Race Leader - 1 point
@Lewis_Hamilton_

Fastest Lap - 1 point
@Lewis_Hamilton_ - 1:33.723

Race Position
  2. @danbojte - 10 points
======
Race 2
======
Race Leader - 1 point
@Lewis_Hamilton_

Fastest Lap - 1 point
@danbojte 1:33.595

Race Position
  2. @danbojte - 10 points
    ======
    Race 3
    ======
    Race Leader - 1 point
    @brian wolf
    @Lewis_Hamilton_

Fastest Lap - 1 point
    @brian wolf - 1:33.589

Race Position
    2. @danbojte - 10 points

@Lewis_Hamilton_ - 18/16/16 = 50
    @danbojte - 10/11/10 = 31
    @brian wolf - 6/6/8 = 20
    @Stewyripper - 4/4/4 = 12

Group 3
    ======
    Race 1
    ======
    Pole Position - 1 point
    @morfastmadboy

Race Leader - 1 point
    @Lionheart2113
    @morfastmadboy

Fastest Lap - 1 point
    @morfastmadboy - 1:33.979

Race Position
    1. @morfastmadboy - 15 points
    2. @Lionheart2113 - 10 points
    3. @PatrisS136 - 6 points
    4. @DaBomm4 - 4 points
      ======
      Race 2
      ======
      Race Leader - 1 point
      @morfastmadboy

Fastest Lap - 1 point
      @morfastmadboy - 1:33.644

Race Position
      1. @morfastmadboy - 15 points
      2. @Lionheart2113 - 10 points
      3. @danbojte - 6 points
      4. @DaBomm4 - 4 points
        ======
        Race 3
        ======
        Race Leader - 1 point
        @morfastmadboy

Fastest Lap - 1 point
        @morfastmadboy - 1:33.534

Race Position
        1. @morfastmadboy - 15
        2. @danbojte - 10
        3. @Lionheart2113 - 6
        4. @DaBomm4 - 4

Total Points
          @morfastmadboy - 18/17/17 = 52
          @Lionheart2113 - 11/10/6 = 27
          @PatrisS136/@danbojte - 6/6/10 = 22
          @DaBomm4 - 4/4/4 = 12

Last edited:
- can participate as a tuner but is dficil to speak with you in the universal language even writing with the traducao google and complicated would be easier to adjust the setup, this sciroco and very bad.:cheers::bowdown:👍

This sounds like fun, I am not sure my driving skill or time availability would be enough for it though. I will keep an eye on this and include any questions that I have about it.

- can participate as a tuner but is dficil to speak with you in the universal language even writing with the traducao google and complicated would be easier to adjust the setup, this sciroco and very bad.:cheers::bowdown:👍
We would try to match you with a South American driver, my friend, this should help with translating. It will also make it easier to arrange race times if people are in time-zones close together 👍
This sounds like fun, I am not sure my driving skill or time availability would be enough for it though. I will keep an eye on this and include any questions that I have about it.
Don't discount yourself you, Sir, if enough people register an interest, then we may be able to have groups of varying driver skills 👍
I'd be there if this event was held, sounds right up my street.

A recommendation I would make is that if you're basing this off the BTCC, then Silverstone should be included in the track list. ;)
Would you care to spend your time crawling around under the motor, or get behind the wheel?

I'm flexible on tracks. The ones selected above were only done so because they're real world tracks and the sorts of places you'd expect to see these types of cars. Plus they represent the 3 or 4 regions within the game, EU, US, AU/JP. I'm entirely flexible though, as I believe the BTCC guys run both versions of Brands in the course of a season, not sure about Silverstone, but they certainly ran the short track there the other weekend.
Would love to take part but i am a driver not a tuner.:cheers:
I've put you down for the EU Drivers for now, keep your eye on this thread, hopefully we'll gain enough traction to put together something worthwhile...

{Cy}

I know, the intent is are you enjoying the challenge, and I just might, but then there is my time. Question, would these races be like a weekly or monthly event?

I've always had fun racing these cars against Cy, ND, and Dan. And not seeing the green hell on the track list I'd love to drive...but with my job I can't commit to it :(:(:(

Maybe I can tune. What kinda time between races are we talking? :dopey:

I would love to drive in this but I can think of two issues. First is the time zone against the times that I am available to play. I can easily convince the wife and five year old that starting a race at 9 pm EST is good. I cannot really do daytime, even on the weekends.

Second is that I am just stubborn and would probably not listen to my mechanic. :odd:

So, I think I am in as a tuner. That would be fun. And if I am paired with someone in the States, we can tune together in an online room so that I can get his/her feedback.

I have been watching FITT for a while now and appreciate everything you guys do for the tuning community. If this is on a Tuesday or Thursday night I would be down to drive for a US team.

I know, the intent is are you enjoying the challenge, and I just might, but then there is my time. Question, would these races be like a weekly or monthly event?
I'm not really sure about the timing for races, it may well depend on you guys. I had envisaged weekly, so as to try and minimize the length of the event, but I guess there's a good argument that extending to two or four weeks, people will have enough time to do other things, like live!!
Lewis Hamilton is a very quick and consistent driver, he might dominate the races :P
I'm sure we can find him some competition. Again, depending on the responses, it maybe that we have to group people on skill level.
Count on me for tuning!
Can I have your rough location, please? EU, US or AU will suffice, thank you :)
I've always had fun racing these cars against Cy, ND, and Dan. And not seeing the green hell on the track list I'd love to drive...but with my job I can't commit to it :(:(:(

Maybe I can tune. What kinda time between races are we talking? :dopey:
See above, I'm flexible on times and want to accomodate as best I can 👍
I would love to drive in this but I can think of two issues. First is the time zone against the times that I am available to play. I can easily convince the wife and five year old that starting a race at 9 pm EST is good. I cannot really do daytime, even on the weekends.

Second is that I am just stubborn and would probably not listen to my mechanic. :odd:

So, I think I am in as a tuner. That would be fun. And if I am paired with someone in the States, we can tune together in an online room so that I can get his/her feedback.
I can understand your turmoil, Sir. I'd like for there to be a healthy amount of interaction between the driver and tuner and would encourage people to get online together.
yep, top job mate, as long as times suit etc i'd be happy to sign up as a driver :)
Excellent, glad to have you on board. I'll propagate info as soon as I can. Can I also have your location, please? EU, US or AU will suffice, thank you :)

Thanks for the advertisement, @DolHaus, if anyone else knows of other folks that aren't regular FITT eventers that would be interested in driving, or tuning for that matter, please send them this way...

{Cy}

Back